Yoichi Or Gandiva?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Yoichi or Gandiva?
Yoichi or Gandiva?
First Page 2 3 4
 Phoenix.Evildemon
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-18 20:54:01  
As the thread states curious about numbers and which is going to out-parse. Keeping in mind yes more deaths may occur from gandiva pulling more hate on ws but death isn't always avoidable even with yoichi. So let's just say which is better in a short fight where you aren't as likely to die from pulling too much hate?
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-18 20:54:46  
Phoenix.Evildemon said: »
As the thread states curious about numbers and which is going to out-parse. Keeping in mind yes more deaths may occur from gandiva pulling more hate on ws but death isn't always avoidable even with yoichi. So let's just say which is better in a short fight where you aren't as likely to die from pulling too much hate?

Gandudeva
[+]
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-18 21:03:41  
Reasons for that one?
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-18 21:12:32  
Jishnu's basically shits all over Namas Arrow. I'm not sure what else you want me to say. 3x proc on regular hits/barrage is great and all, but you'll be pulling more numbers with Jishnu's than Namas.

If it really matters, get both (and by both I mean Anni, but let us not go there again).
[+]
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-18 21:16:40  
Mostly what I was looking to hear hence why I said a short fight otherwise you would of gone with something like "Namas's Enmity will pull ahead when a Gandiva ranger gets owned lol" Both meaning Anni and Gandiva or Anni and Yoichi? lol. Was just making sure spending the time doing bukhis and hydra more worthwhile than spending gil/dynamis farming on yoichi

Does the ODD proc on barrage for Gandiva? I want to assume it does but I could very well be wrong.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-18 21:19:03  
Mostly what I was looking to hear hence why I said a short fight otherwise you would of gone with something like "Namas's Enmity will pull ahead when a Gandiva ranger gets owned lol" Both meaning Anni and Gandiva or Anni and Yoichi? lol. Was just making sure spending the time doing bukhis and hydra more worthwhile than spending gil/dynamis farming on yoichi

Does the ODD proc on barrage for Gandiva? I want to assume it does but I could very well be wrong.

no

and you can farm a gandiva in like a week being lazy, i dont understand this time value comparison
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-18 21:21:49  

Anni+Gandiva

Anni has basically all the perks a RNG could/would want (but that isn't the point).

But yeah, you won't be wasting any time getting 90 Gandiva. It is a great bow with a wonderful WS. If you know what you're doing/how to gear it correctly (just like anything else in this game), you'll learn to love it. As far as ODD proc on Barrage, I am almost certain that is a big no.
[+]
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-18 21:24:05  
Its not about the "Time Value Comparison" otherwise I wouldn't of asked. My comment was irrelevant to the overall reply, more of just wrote it out for myself.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-18 21:26:16  
Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »

Anni+Gandiva

Anni has basically all the perks a RNG could/would want (but that isn't the point).

But yeah, you won't be wasting any time getting 90 Gandiva. It is a great bow with a wonderful WS. If you know what you're doing/how to gear it correctly (just like anything else in this game), you'll learn to love it. As far as ODD proc on Barrage, I am almost certain that is a big no.

Got'cha, alright well then that answers everything I need to know. When i'm free to do it i'll be working on Gandiva and then gearing and my Rng should be all set for what I'll need it to do.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-18 21:26:54  
Its not about the "Time Value Comparison" otherwise I wouldn't of asked. My comment was irrelevant to the overall reply, more of just wrote it out for myself.

am i still drunk or something? cuz i dont understand a word youre saying
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-18 21:28:18  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

Are you..?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-18 21:31:25  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

Are you..?

no :x i went to sleep and woke up ;;
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-18 21:36:53  
You do realize you can go to sleep and wake up still drunk.

Regardless, point still stands wasn't getting at what's more time worthy, My comment about doing bukhis/hydra vs. making gil/farming dynamis doesn't matter to the overall point of the thread or I wouldn't be needing to ask. Since if I wanted to do the one that would be faster it would obviously be Gandiva.
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-18 21:40:24  
Yoichi had it's place when enmity management meant something. There's really no benefit to staying below the radar anymore, and even if you exclusively used Namas Arrow, it's unlikely that you wouldn't end up capping CE through standard shots substantially slower.

That aside, lightning bolts man, lightning bolts. You're like Thor or something.
[+]
By Meowza 2012-03-18 21:44:52  
I keep preaching this but I'll say it again. At this point annihilator > yoichi. Will that change? Maybe... We don't know what SE is going to introduce next update, update in 6 months from now, a year etc.

What is best now might not be down the road. Everyone riding this whole annihilator bandwagon reminds me of the days when people were pld/nin tank only. Rdm/nin or drk tank only after that. Masamune at 85 shat on amano people believed. Or the fact that you took a million rangers to kirin, then the range attack nerf and that funny picture of rangers trading their ***in to go bandwagon blm.

Make what you *** want, if your putting time and effort into anything in this game it should be for your satisfaction only.

In a perfect world you would have both/everything.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-18 21:48:40  
He asked which was better, I said Gandiva. I then said Anni > Yoichi, but that wasn't the point of the thread.

Please clam down.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-18 21:51:05  
To be fair, what a large portion of players want is to do whatever they can to perform at their best. Some are monomaniacal about a job or jobs, and some are more interested in particular roles, which includes damage-dealing. In this sense, following whatever the trend happens to be at the time isn't a fallacy in reasoning, but the means to achieving what's more important to that particular player.

Albeit, a lot of people do this very, very poorly, as evidenced by the gigantic pile of garbage we usually find attached to the most desired classes of the time.
[+]
By Meowza 2012-03-18 21:54:46  
Not mad, sorry if it came off that way.

Simply responding to the derailment, as the thread is titled yoichi or gandiva.

While bringing up annihilator has some validity to this argument, since currently that is a great combo for any ranger. I simply want people to understand that while that may hold true now, no one knows in the future. So your ultimate decision should be which one you personally want.

The annihilator comment from you and others was mild here, but it hasn't been in in other threads. (gunonry comments I mean)

I respect your opinion though.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-03-18 22:01:09  
Yochi is useable by 2 jobs

Samurai benefits more greatly than ranger

Yochi costs gil (CAN be free)
Gandiva is technically free
Yochi can be called Yoshi
Gandiva is chocolate

Hope this helps.
[+]
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-18 22:01:53  
Now does anyone happen to have a spellcast that is meant for Gandiva and benefits it in different events aka vw, abyssea, and everything else for ws sets.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-18 22:02:08  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
Hope this helps.
It doesn't.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-03-18 22:08:13  
Hope this helps.
It doesn't.
Are you OP?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-18 22:08:39  
Hope this helps.
It doesn't.
Are you OP?
Yes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-18 22:09:48  
Don't forget to make an Armageddon too. Even if you have the other 3, Wildfire is necessary against mobs that take reduced Physical or Piercing damage!

*prepares to be stoned for mentioning a weapon not in the thread title*
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-03-18 22:11:25  
If the concern is your barrage number:
So when Gandiva AM is up, your barrage shot on will have ~40% proc rate on ODD, while Yoichi's will have triple damage at... 15%?

Not that it's hard to trigger AM before barrage.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-18 22:11:27  
Yochi is useable by 2 jobs

Samurai benefits more greatly than ranger

Yochi costs gil (CAN be free)
Gandiva is technically free
Yochi can be called Yoshi
Gandiva is chocolate

Hope this helps.

I'd require mathematical substantiation to believe that Yoichi is in any way still beneficial to SAM. I just don't see that being the case anymore.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-03-18 22:12:49  
2SCH
4RNG

in NeoNyzul.
Try it
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-18 22:14:32  
2SCH
4RNG

in NeoNyzul.
Try it

..wha...whaat
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-18 22:16:48  
2SCH
4RNG

in NeoNyzul.
Try it
what does that have to do with anything regarding sam?
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-03-18 22:19:03  
NeoNyzul is just one of the few lowman events
Samurai with Yochi is extremely beneficial over
Ranger with Yochi.

But i doubt anyone grasped that.
First Page 2 3 4