フォーラム » FFXIV » Classes » Thaumaturge » THM/BLM gear, suggestions
THM/BLM gear, suggestions
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-14 15:16:15  
GraddHelian said: »
Also thanks for the repost Ina~ Your versions a bit more informative.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong... figured if I was/am someone will be along to call me out.

Technicly not a gear question but this seems like a better place to ask then making a thread. Is it worth it to carry INT potions on blm for if you do a damage burst or are they not worth the hassle?
By GraddHelian 2012-07-14 16:50:33  
The numbers are pretty safe to use i'd say, the testing was done by Stanislaw from the BG forums.

But like I said it will scale differently when your facing different mobs (higher level etc).

Also as far as your question about INT potions, in a situation when your zerging down the mob pretty fast going for like a speed run I would use the INT potions for sure, the Mega INT potions are 14% INT up to 40 INT and 16% Magic attack which goes up to 80. Pretty hot for a Kill X-Boss really fast situation.

But i'd also recommend carrying Elixirs around with you where your in situations where the fight is somewhat drawn out and MP can sometimes be an issue, Garuda and Moogle come to mind there.
[+]
By MalPal 2012-07-14 18:43:51  
wow i saw a guy with a +52 int hat in and elitist pick up party and got owned on the parse he also had +22 int pants with piety. All my work on mage and im still a noob ><

triple 4 melds sets are so godly
By SOLALCHEMIST 2012-07-15 11:11:58  
"This seems unnecessary since he has already been corrected and acknowledged it."

Check the post before telling me my post in unnecessary, no one else had mentioned that Magic Attack doesn't MELD to the head. Nor did I say MAB heads did not exist. Plenty of talk comparing Int/MAB, however everyone seemed to skip over the fact MAB melds to shoes.

Although I cannot give exact numbers/calculation like some of you, certainly in my experience elemental materia is a lot better investment than MAB.
Casting Fira with +26 Fire pot shoes does the same or more than Flare does when using +20 MAB shoes (ignoring the Dot effect, all other gear the same).
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-15 12:36:28  
The comment about being unnecessary was directed towards the caps lock and calling them a tard, nothing to do with you saying MAB doesn't meld in the head. Those levels of stupid had not yet been reached, I face palmed hard when I got home and saw some of the stuff after that, but at the time it was not yet there.

As for why no one mentioned that it doesn't meld to the head and does to the feet it seems to be more of a discussion on MAB vs INT in general rather then specific gear slots. I only picked that head slot to compare since it was the example he had tried using to say int was always weaker then MAB so half the info was already there.

Ele potency being more potent thatn MAB is interesting if what your saying is true. Everything else I came up with in a quick look says they are identical with the exception of you being able to get more ele potency per materia then MAB. Is it possible your MAB is capping out and potency for specific elements has its own cap? Idk how to calculate the cap sorry so might need someone better in on this : (
By SOLALCHEMIST 2012-07-17 09:20:10  
"Is it possible your MAB is capping out and potency for specific elements has its own cap?"

Good question, as I say this is something I've noticed when running AV/CC than trawling parse for exact numbers, if someone does know the correct multiplier and/or cap for Ele potency, it'd be interesting know whether it is more 'effective' than MAB.