users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Lost and Found
Lost and Found
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-04-13 02:40:10  
is it just me or is it glitched had 6 people in a circle around where the ring should have been for 8 straight runs
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-13 02:46:16  
prolly just you :X
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-04-13 02:48:07  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
prolly just you :X

most likely
 Valefor.Xerus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2012-04-28 14:42:15  
You do need at least one hint before you can "find" the ring. So, if you had skipped finding at least one, that may be your problem.

On two occasions I've had all 3 people triangulate the location to exactly one spot, but it just flashed as its ??? spot very quickly. So make sure everyone is tabbing around as quick as they can. It disappears and reappears very quickly depending on hoe many hints you have found.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [307 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Krishpy
サーバ: Valefor
user: KrispyCat
By Valefor.Krishpy 2013-03-02 00:28:45  
Apologies on the necro, but does anyone have any more tips and tricks for this one? We're using up a lot of time just trying to find the hints. Mashing my tab key to no avail whenever the npc is being talked to, but coming up with no ???
 Ragnarok.Sharain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2013-03-02 02:21:23  
Valefor.Krishpy said: »
Apologies on the necro, but does anyone have any more tips and tricks for this one? We're using up a lot of time just trying to find the hints. Mashing my tab key to no avail whenever the npc is being talked to, but coming up with no ???
Have one person search with the NPC, and the rest search the other side of the map via tabbing. You don't need the NPC for the ??? to pop, she just helps with finding the right area when ??? isn't up. Majority of the time when I ran this (led a lot of groups to Captain) someone else found a hint before I found one with the NPC. About 50/50 whether someone got the second hint too before I found one with NPC.

Edit add: Plus with the NPC you'll know if the ??? nearby is mob, seaweed or hint, she says different things.
[+]