Game: FFXI
user: Russlajo
By Asura.Russlajo 2012-04-25 05:28:04  
Looking for Veteran members only!

Jobs:

WAR/SAM/MNK/DRK SCHx2

Must have:

Emp/Relic/Mythic 90+ for DD.
Embrava with 400+ enhancement skill for SCH's.
Expert knowledge in nyzul tasks (especially lamps).
Favourite Temp. Items must be set.
Food/Oil's/Powder's.

Good to have:

Some kind of movement+ (no fleehack lol).
Windower scripts or more better spellcast.

Run Time:

Daily x1 (atleast trying for)
8am GMT - 10pm GMT

Will adjust run time based on responses.

Contact me ingame or PM.

Thanks for your interest and sorry for typos/grammar lol

c ya!
 Asura.Pystolero
サーバ: Asura
user: Pystolero
By Asura.Pystolero 2012-04-25 05:41:55  
Count me in
[+]
 Asura.Eurewyen
user: Tessy
By Asura.Eurewyen 2012-04-25 06:48:36  
Hi Russ,

I'm not out to argue or anything just a simple question, I never seem to understand why this is so "Importent now days" your quote below.

Seen so many players shouting for "veteran players, relic/Emp/Mythic. What makes you sure a player with all this is so much better then a mediocer player, with slightly less knowledge of general tings ingame?

My point on this is, just because you have the "hottest" gear/weapon/general item ingame, dosen't makes you a super player, dose it?, nope it dosen't. I have seen my share of so called "pimp" players who's lack of alot of knowledge for several tings ingame.

Gear simply boost your charters current job and abillitys on the current job you are playing. It's the player behind the screen who makes the player, not gear or weapons. But I'm prolly getting to much older to understand the reason why people allways think this is so importent. Anyway I just wanted to ask why, just this part is so importent?

Besides that, best of luck to gain people for you run!

Asura.Russlajo said: »

Must have:

Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-04-25 07:10:19  
The reason it's important in neo nyzul is that you need to be as fast as possible.
Better gear and proper gearswaps = ***die faster and your success rate to reach floor 100 increases.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-04-25 07:25:28  
Well, I'd rather someone with a 99 tp bonus over a 90 massamune, just sayin
 Ragnarok.Psych
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: jedijoel
By Ragnarok.Psych 2012-04-25 07:48:10  
Asura.Eurewyen said: »
Hi Russ,

I'm not out to argue or anything just a simple question, I never seem to understand why this is so "Importent now days" your quote below.

Seen so many players shouting for "veteran players, relic/Emp/Mythic. What makes you sure a player with all this is so much better then a mediocer player, with slightly less knowledge of general tings ingame?

My point on this is, just because you have the "hottest" gear/weapon/general item ingame, dosen't makes you a super player, dose it?, nope it dosen't. I have seen my share of so called "pimp" players who's lack of alot of knowledge for several tings ingame.

Gear simply boost your charters current job and abillitys on the current job you are playing. It's the player behind the screen who makes the player, not gear or weapons. But I'm prolly getting to much older to understand the reason why people allways think this is so importent. Anyway I just wanted to ask why, just this part is so importent?

Must have:

doesn't*

character*

I know I'm being a jerk here but some events, specially neo nyzul, you will want to have capable members who are geared very well. One of the main reason is you only get a tag once per day and max out at 4 (or 5) tags at a time.

And you are correct, having the "hottest" gear/weapon in game doesn't make you a super player but it shows your dedication to the job that you play.

Not seeing sam af3+2 body on OP's equip history makes me scared though lol
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-04-25 07:53:57  
Ragnarok.Psych said: »
And you are correct, having the "hottest" gear/weapon in game doesn't make you a super player but it shows your dedication to the job that you play.

I disagree
[+]
 Ragnarok.Psych
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: jedijoel
By Ragnarok.Psych 2012-04-25 07:56:39  
Ramuh.Yarly said: »

I disagree

orly?
 Asura.Russlajo
By Asura.Russlajo 2012-04-25 08:15:20  
Asura.Eurewyen said: »
Hi Russ,

Must have:

you have the answer in your post. i asked for veterans with good gear not only for ppl with good gear.

its all about raising chances to reach floor 100.
 Asura.Russlajo
By Asura.Russlajo 2012-04-25 08:28:35  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

i personally think they dont take much of each other.. 2handed dd jobs with embrava/haste gear/haste/hasso will hit very very fast. aftermath will do the rest.

edit: better sc attributes aswell with fudo if you fight some harder mobs/nms
 Sylph.Rebo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2012-04-25 08:46:25  
Ramuh.Yarly said: »

I disagree

orly?

I disagree also, any johnny no-name can buy an account or gil, it's plainly obvious with all the rmt activity still going on today.
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-25 09:06:30  
I understand that I've partaken in my fair share of prodding and scrutinizing in Nyzul threads, but these responses are just silly. On average, people with excellent equipment are more likely to be better players than those without excellent equipment. I'm not even sure how anyone can begin to argue the contrary. Is that always the case? Of course not; Nothing is for certain when you're dealing with pickups. That doesn't change that your average result will be higher.

Excellent players with mediocre equipment are not excellent players. They're lazy and, well, mediocre, and mediocrity has no place in Neo-Nyzul.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-04-25 09:07:35  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

i personally think they dont take much of each other.. 2handed dd jobs with embrava/haste gear/haste/hasso will hit very very fast. aftermath will do the rest.

edit: better sc attributes aswell with fudo if you fight some harder mobs/nms

they are probably hand in hand till you get to a floor boss, at which point the tpbonus kanto should pull ahead by a noticeable amount lol.

(can't even sc on those since everyone is zerging it)

edit- that being said, i actually prefer my 4hit polearm stardiver build in neo-nyzule.

and i have 95 amano and 90 masa :s
[+]
 Asura.Eurewyen
user: Tessy
By Asura.Eurewyen 2012-04-25 17:34:03  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
I understand that I've partaken in my fair share of prodding and scrutinizing in Nyzul threads, but these responses are just silly. On average, people with excellent equipment are more likely to be better players than those without excellent equipment. I'm not even sure how anyone can begin to argue the contrary. Is that always the case? Of course not; Nothing is for certain when you're dealing with pickups. That doesn't change that your average result will be higher.

Excellent players with mediocre equipment are not excellent players. They're lazy and, well, mediocre, and mediocrity has no place in Neo-Nyzul.

And you sir I disagree,

You make it sound like getting exellent gear are just the case. As I statet erlier in my topic when asked Russ why needed to be veteran have all of those weapons to be good!?,
Well I have a job wich are not allowing me to havemuch playtimes, and also have time for the family, that dosen't makes me "lazy" or less worth as player as mediacore player, no certenly not. I'm dedicated enough, when ingame helping my LS doing things, just don't have enough time to do an empy LS anymore, but again dosen't mean I'm as player are less worth.

Also as Rebo state, with todays option and players buy accounts from right to left, how many of these players have acctualy played FFXI before, mabey 80% in some way, the rest 20% just plain buyers who has no clue how to play a job, but wow I'm pimp so I must e good :P Sorry for the sacasm but it really makes me laugh.

And for the rest of posters I do understand what you all are saying, but what makes a so called "Dedicated player who can't play his job more worth then anyone else" This is just an example?

Anyway, huge thanks to russ for letting me ask this in his personal topic, and to all for a awnser, even tough I'm not sharing everyones views on the matter, but still respect you for your oppinions thank you!
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-25 17:38:16  
You're still ignoring averages. People with the best equipment will, on average, be better than people without it. I won't continue to discuss this if you can't agree to such a simple premise.
By krish 2012-04-25 17:41:13  
You're still ignoring averages.

You are also ignoring averages:

Fenrir.Minjo said:
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-25 17:42:29  
Make your one-liners a bit more clear, please. I don't know what you're trying to say.
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 17:42:50  
touché krish
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 17:43:12  
Make your one-liners a bit more clear, please. I don't know what you're trying to say.

average players
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-25 17:44:45  
I.. still have no idea what we're talking about.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 17:47:12  
You're ignoring average players by not bringing them to the event or something like that.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 17:47:25  
I don't know, it's not funny anymore D:
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-25 17:48:55  
Oh. Well, this is a recruitment thread. Running into average applicants is almost inevitable, and by virtue of this, there will be a sifting process. You're cutting several steps from the sifting process by immediately dismissing anyone with poor equipment, because on average, they wouldn't have been an asset to your team. The relevancy doesn't really change.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 17:48:59  
BTW, I think you should request 440+ enhancing (Capped magic haste with Embrava + Haste).
[+]
By krish 2012-04-25 17:50:15  
I just thought it was funny that Eurewyen was addressing Minjo's second point while Minjo is refusing to discuses it because Eurewyen isn't talking about his first point.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-04-25 17:51:19  
krish said: »
I just thought it was funny that Eurewyen was addressing Minjo's second point while Minjo is refusing to discuses it because Eurewyen isn't talking about his first point.

youmustbenewhere.jpg
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 17:53:24  
To be honest, it's pretty easy to tell a genuinely bad player with good gear by virtue of (luck, bought account, was blowing LS leader, etc.) and not skill from a mile away, so there's really not a whole lot of point in discussing that possibility.

In other words, for nyzul, you want GOOD players with GOOD gear, not BAD players with GOOD gear or GOOD players with BAD gear, so you can eliminate half of the sifting you need to do by putting a restriction on the gear portion.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-25 17:53:46  
krish said: »

Their post was difficult to read, but from what I gathered, it was along the lines of, "why won't the OP accept anyone without good equipment".

If I'm going to be able to properly refute their argument, they need to accept the premise that players with better equipment are going to better than players with worse equipment on average.

If I've drastically misinterpreted something, feel free to correct me.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-25 17:54:34  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
...blowing LS leader, etc.

You're one to talk.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 17:55:00  
I think half of their argument that some people with good gear are bad players.
First Page 2 3