ToM STR/ATK Trials At 99

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » ToM STR/ATK Trials at 99
ToM STR/ATK Trials at 99
By Cantontai 2012-05-07 19:21:13  
Hello, I am working on a STR sword for my BLU (and eventually planning on str katana as well) and I am trying to solo as much as possible. I have completed an AGI katana before and found that wind weather was much easier to find than fire weather has been. Are there any recommended places with *frequent* fire weather and experience yielding mobs? I don't mind doing some of the trials on firesday but I've read here before that people churn these out in 2 days so I'm curious how to speed it up. Thanks.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 19:27:00  
Not sure it's possible to do a full fire katana in 2 days. That's a bit of a stretch a wager. There are only a few zones that have fire weather at all, and even in the ones where it should be common (like Ifrit's Cauldron), it's not.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-07 19:27:08  
wtf is fire weather
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-07 19:33:43  
Fire weather is really rare, Mount z has some as well as the cauldron and cape terrigan for a few of the trials such as Flans/pugil in mount z, vermin (bee in cauldron), manticore (Cape). It will probably take a while though, as those weathers rarely are up.
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-07 19:34:04  
AoE burning on blu on firesday makes it go by in no time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Vulcat
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leadleaf
By Fenrir.Vulcat 2012-05-07 19:40:11  
Don't bother camping that weather, I'd just use abyssea on firesdays.
A.LaTheine frogs
A.Tahrongi Hieracosphinx
A.Konschtat Licorice
A.LaTheine wasps
A.Tahrongi manticores again
A.LaTheine birds

You can halfafk in terrigan etc. like you would jeuno but you'd need luck on your side, and even if it shows it will likely vanish within a handful of mobs.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-05-07 19:44:59  
Yes, it's actually kind of feasible to get a fire trial done in two days given just how quickly you can tear through mobs in Abyssea, but unless you were a BLU, if you were going to try to get it done that fast you'd need to hit basically every single Firesday until you got it done. Have fun planning several full 24-hour days of your life around not just FFXI, but one very trivial aspect of it.

Don’t bother camping fire weather; numerous people have tried and failed to do so in the past, so learn from our experience. Just hit Abyssea on Firesday when you can, kill as hard as possible for an hour, and keep in mind that you WILL finish it relatively quickly one way or the other and driving yourself crazy trying to get it done a little faster isn’t going to matter in the long run.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-05-07 19:46:07  
Agree with this. I did 2 str daggers and only saw it once in Kuftal when killing vermin, and it stayed up for all of 3 kills. Better off checking ffxi timer and doing kills on firesday.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-07 19:49:09  
Thanks for help everyone, lots of great advice, I think I'll just keep an eye for firesday and work on it when I can.

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Have fun planning several full 24-hour days of your life around not just FFXI, but one very trivial aspect of it.

/goes back to waiting for someone to sell Zaffre Cape on AH...
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-07 19:49:17  
Fenrir.Vulcat said: »
A.LaTheine frogs
Those frogs have some kind of magic-. It made it rather difficult to burn them. I would advise the pugils in Vunk. They're packed tightly together and agg by sound. Just have to watch out for the nm; he doesn't link though so it's fairly easy.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-07 19:58:11  
Toads dont cast or use tp moves
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-07 19:59:29  
He means they slightly resist magic damage. They aren't that bad though, I do them when I try to farm TH sash and still one shot via CW.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-07 20:02:06  
Oh, I misread. I burned those for my TH sash too, they don't resist enough for it to be a problem.

Three solid days of logging out in the zone and only doing the Whisker burning, I went between Frogs, Funguars, Puks, anything that aggro'd and I could kill, Frogs were the best of them all despite their -MDT. They're not bad at all, lots around the pond, pulls don't take long. The pugils are pretty spread out and the NM poses additional risk.
 Shiva.Bigslank
user: bigslank
By Shiva.Bigslank 2012-05-07 20:53:12  
umm lol it needs to be summer in game to even have a chance of fire weather if its not your chances are slim to none.. If can remember right summer is like once a month in game.. just do /clock and see what time of year it is. So if you dont want to wait it out just spam aby on fire day thats what i did for my fire katana
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-08 04:36:57  
Update: Got 5 kills worth of fire weather in Ifrit's Cauldron while getting Radiant Breath. I'm guessing I just got really lucky.

ETA: Got 5 more right after posting this. I probably shouldn't be this excited.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-05-08 04:53:07  
Fenrir.Vulcat said: »
Don't bother camping that weather, I'd just use abyssea on firesdays.
A.LaTheine frogs
A.Tahrongi Hieracosphinx
A.Konschtat Licorice
A.LaTheine wasps
A.Tahrongi manticores again
A.LaTheine birds

You can halfafk in terrigan etc. like you would jeuno but you'd need luck on your side, and even if it shows it will likely vanish within a handful of mobs.
Replace the Licorice with worms in La Theine as they count as amorph. If there happens to be a party there and they have room you should be able to finish that stage in a single fireday. Attohwa has a large gathering as well. Vunkerl Is probably better then LaTheine for the opo-opos.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-08 04:55:56  
Asura.Ina said: »
Replace the Licorice with worms in La Theine as they count as amorph.

The trial is actually Flan, not Amorph. Doing STR sword.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-05-08 05:10:47  
Bleh sorry it's early, my bad XD
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-05-08 08:42:50  
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Update: Got 5 kills worth of fire weather in Ifrit's Cauldron while getting Radiant Breath. I'm guessing I just got really lucky. ETA: Got 5 more right after posting this. I probably shouldn't be this excited.