Cant Decide On Which Relic...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Cant decide on which relic...
Cant decide on which relic...
 Cerberus.Maguile
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maguile
By Cerberus.Maguile 2012-05-19 21:25:01  
Posted this on BG as well, want to get some other opinions though.

Been collecting currency for a while now for a relic, but I cant really decide on which to do. The jobs I have atm are:

Mnk w/verethragna
War w/maschu+2
Drk w/OaT g.sword
Pld
Rng w/WoE bow/gun
Thf

Any inputs and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-05-19 21:40:06  
Offtopic, that Ultros avatar is just full of win
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-05-19 21:41:32  
As usual, it's really a personal preference. Imo though, I'd put it down to PLD and THF since you have at least suitable weapons for the other jobs.
Between PLD and THF I'd go with THF because if you don't have Almace or Ochain for PLD then either Aegis or Excal seems like a waste. Mandau would be a nice upgrade for THF and, for me, is my dyna farming job, so it'd help speed up the process the next time around for relic.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-19 21:52:57  
Make a relic to ... speed up other relics very slightly?
[+]
By sefalon 2012-05-19 21:53:29  
Well I think that depends on a lot of factors. I had often wondered this myself. I think that you look at the job you like the most and see what weapon you have and go from there. I dont see Mnk relic worth doing since you have vere. I also think it depends a lot on the merited WS you have and my point by saying that is if you are already maxed out on ws your options are limited. THF even with relic or empy will need 5/5 exten. A sam will need 5/5 shoa and drk 5/5 resolution. I currently have THF, SAM, and BST merited WS and now that I am making APOC I will have to lose 1 probaby BST for entropy.

PLD... Almace would be my suggestion
MNK... VERE
WAR... UKON
RNG... good with what you have although armageddon is easy to make. The relics are good 2 but based on what you have given I would say
THF.. MANDAU
DRK RAGNAROK..

So out of THF AND DRK you should look at what is used more and what you might have to give up in order to make the relic shine. Ragnarok is the new bandwagon relic it seems like half my LS is making that. In the end it actually is an easy choice if you get what you will be using most of your playtime. IMO
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-05-19 21:54:04  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Make a relic to ... speed up other relics very slightly?
Lol, didn't mean for that to be the only reason, it's just another reason. I would assume ya'd know the obvious perks of a relic.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-19 22:01:34  
Anyway.

Mnk w/verethragna -> Spharai are situationally better than Verethagna. If you find yourself on MNK most often, it would be beneficial to learn which is better where and make Spharai. Final Heaven isn't worth using, ever.
War w/maschu+2 --> Maschu+2 is um, pretty bad. Ragnarok would be a huge improvement.
Drk w/OaT g.sword --> Already a good option, but Ragnarok is fantastic.
Pld --> Barely worth playing. Aegis is more of a luxury than anything.
Rng w/WoE bow/gun --> Annihilator is a fantastic weapon. That said, I personally wouldn't do this because I wouldn't want to have to shoot 20mil in bullets every week to justify my weapon.
Thf ---> ITT: THF. Don't waste your time with making a relic for THF unless it's your calling. The job overall is pretty worthless beyond making things drop.

Obviously, make whatever you want, but I would strongly recommend Ragnarok, based on the jobs you report, and the comparative power of the weapon.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-05-19 22:03:03  
Ok...just my opinions here.

Mnk: Verethranga are generally on par with spharai, but more aggressive rather than defensive and win when not countering hits or when properly buffed.

War: I believe you would be better off making an ukon (90) over a bravura.

Drk: Ragnarok is a large improvement over Oa2, but apoc would be a game changing weapon and should you choose drk to relic-up, that would be where my advice would go.

Pld: If making a pld relic, make aegis. Excal is nice but your badelaire will likely out damage it on most things - and working on a full almace to 85 is easy enough.

Thf: Mandau is a very strong weapon, and in most ways the ideal upgrade for thf. However, I would honestly suggest making a twashtar to 90 and sharing it between dnc and thf. Comparably powerful option for thf, and by far the #1 dagger for dnc.

Rng: If you consider making a relic for rng, make anni. As a yoichi owner I love it - but anni wins in almost every way (yoichi looks better). Coronach is game-changing for enmity sensitive fights, and anni + last stand is brutal.

Overall....If you make a relic I'd suggest either apoc or anni. Of the two, apoc would likely be most enjoyable, but anni the most effective in groups.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-19 22:04:34  
Siren.Seiri said: »
Drk: Ragnarok is a large improvement over Oa2, but apoc would be a game changing weapon and should you choose drk to relic-up, that would be where my advice would go.

Apoc is game changing if and only if for some reason there are no white mages, red mages, or scholars on your server.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-05-19 22:10:08  

Apoc is game changing if and only if for some reason there are no white mages, red mages, or scholars on your server.

Or you play drk in lowman/solo situations at all.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-19 22:12:29  

Or you play drk in lowman/solo situations at all.

Lowman would tend to imply the presence of at least one mage; self-healing isn't needed.
Solo, you have better job choices, so at that point, it's ludicrous to deceive oneself into thinking that Apocalypse is anything more than a toy.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-19 22:16:03  
And that's completely ignoring that there's virtually zero relevant content that

(a.) can be soloed
(b.) is worth soloing
(c.) especially on DRK.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-05-19 22:40:26  
Obviously, make whatever you want, but I would strongly recommend Ragnarok, based on the jobs you report, and the comparative power of the weapon.

Assuming you listed them in order you like/use them, huge improvement for the jobs you mentioned 2nd and 3rd. This is the right answer.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-05-19 22:50:46  
The right answer is Mjollnir
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-05-19 22:54:27  
Ragnarok for both DRK and WAR for sure in my opinion.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-19 23:12:16  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
The right answer is Mjollnir
>:D

On a more serious note, I'd say Ragna or Anni. Aegis, Spharai, or Mandau if you really, really love those any of those jobs.
[+]
 Valefor.Savain
サーバ: Valefor
user: Savain
By Valefor.Savain 2012-05-19 23:34:59  
Get something you'll be proud of.
 Asura.Gee
user: Seegs
By Asura.Gee 2012-05-20 09:31:28  
Doesn't matter what relic u pic all jobs are great in there own way, the trick is choose the one that u use the most. For me it will be a Mandau & Gjallarhorn.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-07-17 17:43:30  
Gonna add in my own question here as well, because like the TC. I can't decide myself either.

I can't decide between Bravura, Gungnir, or Kikoku.

I'm not a fan of the emp weapons because I don't really have the time or the man power to farm the pop items and everything needed for them. so far I've been loving playing my Drg, I used to really love my war as well but I haven't really played it in a long long time.

So far Bravura and Kikoku seem to be out shined by their our Emp counterparts and from what I read Gungnir is only rivaled by the Mythic weapon (which I'll never get).

I don't really have any weapon that shines for either of the 3, just wondering what people's opinion is on what I should do, so far I'm leaning towards the Gungnir (I got 5/5 Stardiver merits).
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-07-17 18:04:24  
While I believe herja's fork outparses gungnir, it remains the only one of the three to out-do its emp comparison.

Plus, if you love drg make a drg wep. Simple.