Bleach Manga thread [spoilers]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-08-18 14:15:10  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
eh, happy for renji and happy it didn't turn out as a harem anime with ichigo hitting some new form while all the chicks let out a moaning, "iiiitsssyygoooooo".

just happy it's over and i never have to worry about one more dragged out ***....

WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH MY LIFE?!
Yeah. Rukia over Inoue any day

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Chad becoming a boxer when he'd promised his beloved Abuelo to never use his fists for his own benefit, Ichigo living in the human world when we had an entire arc dedicated to how being a normal human made him unhappy and unfulfilled, Renji remaining a lieutenant when his whole goal as a character was to become Byakuya's equal, Ishida becoming a doctor when he'd said he never wanted to be one.
At first I expected to see Tatsuki competing for any championship at whatever sport she was playing, as she seemed very passionate about that lol...that Chad bit came out of nowhere.

But the proposed ending in the paragraph sounds just as boring. If anything, Ishida becoming a doctor, and Ichigo enjoying living etc are positive changes. Renji's motivation to become equal to, then surpass Byakuya was out of his guilt for "losing" Rukia to the Kuchiki house; he felt as if Byakuya stole her and wanted someone to direct his anger towards. Still, it'd make more sense for him to be have made it for captain than...Risa (unless Kubo has some explanation in stores for us).
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-08-25 23:07:38  
The last Arc feels extremely rushed. There was so much left to expand on and I think he just couldn't because the arc would be drawn out way to long probably.

The Royal guard. It was said that the royal guard was stronger than the entire Gotei 13. Meanwhile the entire guard get taken out to the Sternritter. It wouldn't be so bad if not for two things. First, they get taken out without really even putting up a fight, the fight was so bad that they weren't even given any show time when they got taken out, it was all done off scene, when Yhwach fight's Ichibe another fight that didn't last long and that with Ichibe being one of the great 5 war powers(Ichigo, Ichibe, Zaraki, Urihara, Aizen).

The second is that the Sternritter weren't even in their ultimate form when they defeated the Royal Guard. Meanwhile the Gotei 13 push the Sternritter to their final forms and defeat them. The only arguements that could be made is that Urihara isn't considered the Gotei 13 anymore and that him and Kenpachi are considered one of the 5 war powers and explains why they won or did so well against them. That being said, the Gotei 13 did leagues better than the Royal Guard did. Another example of power level balance/information lacking from Tite Kubo.

Bazz-B and Hashwalth story is a little inconsistent. First they train hard so that they can join Yhwach to kill him. Yet when they are going to join, they are emotions of betrayal when Haschwalth gets picked and not Bazz-b. Like who cares, you guys are going to kill Yhwach why does it matter who he picks. Bazz loses sight of this and joins just to defeat Haschwalth. Then when Yhwach takes his power and tries to kill him, he goes full "I'm going to kill Yhwach" ..............huh?! Did you forget this was the whole POINT of joining his forces? Now you remember you have to kill him?? what... Lets not forget Haschwalth also forgets he was going to try to kill him too. All of a sudden Yhwach is someone Haschwalth has to survive no matter what.

Aizen is hyped up like as if he's actually going to do something. Lets be honest if you are an Aizen fan, you really wanted to see this, you wanted to see some kind of Ichigo and Aizen versus Yhwach fight. If this is the endgame, you want to see a kick *** fight, you want to see them going all out full power. Instead you get reversal from Aizen for like one page worth of anything and the end from aizen. One of the strongest super powers in the series and one of the 5 war powers, and he gets reduced to a one trick special,"Haha I'm not really ichigo"(thats all this hyped up super power villain did to forward the plot).

War powers 5:

Urihara - I would have liked Urihara to have more of an impact against Yhwach's fight. I think his bankai fits him very well, Urihara can take a fight apart and reconstruct it to his own. Much like his Bankai can. Picks things apart and rebuilds it.

Kenpachi - We finally see his Bankai, absolute power, nothing we already didn't expect, almost a berserk mode. So strong his body cant even deal with it without ripping him to pieces. Somewhat fitting, but predictable. Kite Kubo creates this all power character has has to give him weaknesses or he could run with the plot and undermine Ichigo's spotlight.

Aizen - Nearly useless, and feels more like a cameo appearance.

Ichigo - Don't hate me for this, but I feel hes almost entirely useless as well for this arc. All this power, struggles with Askin Nakk Le Vaar but is expected to defeat Ywhach. Tite Kubo, paints Ichigo as brainless most times, like you cant have super strength or power as a main character AND have brains, what kind of message is he sending or other authors as well(ex: Naruto....to an extent Goku). Like Ichigo couldnt figure something out himself, he always finds himself in a helpless situation and if it wasnt for some unknown power awaking inside of him, he would have lost...even more. Now he has everything he can possibly achieve in power, but still loses, cause he cant figure out a way to beat his opponent, but thats more on Tite's way of doing this fight.

Ichibe - Entirely useless, and there just to be there because Royal Guard appearance.

Due to how I personally feel that Tite Kubo's fails at keeping a balance of power levels *consistent* I think it is hard to use any of these power houses in Bleach. Kenpachi, that is a character where Tite is always going to have problems with. His power is already absurdly strong and apparently can continue to get stronger, but even so Tite looks like he has to go out of his way to make sure Kenpachi can never join against the main enemy and even though he has this immense amount of power, his oppenent has to have some kind of hidden Super saiyan 3 trick in power to fight him. The opponent has to have special tricks as to why Kenpachi cant just steamroll him with his power. Opponent's where Ichigo would struggle to beat, but not Kenpachi, yet Ichigo will defeat the next higher opponent.

Commander of the gotei 13. His power is seen to be the best of the best. When you see Kenpachi as one of his captain, you think, well the Commander has to have some serious power. Again, Kite goes out of his way to make sure that a super power gets nullified to allow Ichigo the spotlight to be the one to beat said opponent, in this case, Aizen. Now all criticism aside, Kite did an okay job in keeping the commander down. I don't think after surviving his own blast that could have counted him out of the fight, but again the power level of things is so inconsistent that who knows exactly how strong that blast really was, either way, understandable. However once again, we find the 1000 year war arc, and they basically make the commander useless and throw him out the door fighting against a no body basically, Bankai and all, fight wasnt even worth. Why, because ichigo has to beat Yhwach, because you need to see that he new bad guys are REALLY STRONG and yet the rest of the Gotei 13 is miraculously somewhat 100 times stronger than the commander since they can fight against the new threat some how, OKAY.

Urihara, another power that you have to play around, this guy can change the whole outcome of a fight, without actually having to fight. I think of all super powers, his is the closest to being some what balanced. Kite basically always has him away from the main arc fights, dealing with the rest of the "good guys" offering ways to help them against whatever opponents they are left taking care of. No problem, that's smart in a way, and probably the best way to use someone with his intellect. His appearance and fight in the Aizen arc was fine actually, he did what he had to do and in the end he did more than people thought he did. This gave him the "power" that he has in the series to kick in, while not overshadowing Ichigo's role in defeating everything that comes their way. I actually liked it, I wish there was more, I mean a super power like him, why not give him more fight, but hey, I know, I get it, its for the Ichigo main character plot. The 1000 year war arc, I felt they could have done something similiar but they didn't, maybe I'm being bias as Urihara is my favorite character, but honestly, I don't think they did him any real justice not being in that Yhwach fight, someone who can see the future and change things, YOU REALLY want to throw in some brain power in there and solve that situation instead of poorly handling it the way they did.

Aizen, lets just keep him locked in a chair through the whole arc, done, good job Kite. You blue balled any fan that wanted to see something from Aizen, thinking they would get some epic fight vs Yhwach or 2v1 fight.

Yhwach - can see the future and can change the future, couldn't see the arrow to further the plot to end the arc. The whole Yhwach fight was underwhelming and honestly anti-climatic. Ichigo shows off all his new abiities/powers just for them to be useless, feels just to show for show. Yhwach was all mighty til he took an arrow to the chest and ichigo just swung at him once and thats all there was to that arc.

The sternwitter are absurdly strong for no reason just so that the gotei 13 become absurdly strong out of no where just so that the so called absurdly strong Royal Guard are indeed not strong at all.

TL;DR : Arc felt rushed, more power inconsistencies. Feel like the Aizen arc was the last real arc, at least that fight was really good and lasted a lot versus many characters all coming together to stop one real power.

Also probably rambled too much, sowwie~
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-08-26 07:12:03  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Nvr read the manga to bleach, but did watch the anime, and thought it was fine, until they beat Aizen. after they beat Aizen I kinda stopped caring.....

Interesting video btw...
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-26 07:42:36  
Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
TL;DR : Arc felt rushed, more power inconsistencies. Feel like the Aizen arc was the last real arc, at least that fight was really good and lasted a lot versus many characters all coming together to stop one real power.
Did you just say you liked the final match Ichigo vs Aizen?

Where Aizen goes completely OOC (well he started before) and completely forgets about his powers, his bankai, his possibilities and keep on transforming from ugly to uglier for no appearent reason other than furtherly lengthening the stock?

Where all the side characters are, again, put in the background so that the hollow main character can star again with the next completely uncalled for uber-like one-hit-win power up suddenly coming out of nowhere?

I mean srsly, after what Aizen was during SS and during the beginning of Hueco Mundo how can you really call yourself satisfied with that?

Of course Ywach thing was even worse, not denying that, but by then Kubo had just stopped to care honestly.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-26 08:12:49  
Apparently Kubo just wants to draw cool ***and considers plot secondary. Which sure as *** follows how Bleach went most of its life. Kubo needs to just draw for someone elses story.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-26 08:53:52  
Never forget.
Dear Bleach you were my favourite manga of them all, you brought me close to a person that was very dear to me, then one day decided to turn everything to ***and when I was hoping I could finally get at least a decent closure you took that away from me with an improvised rushed ending.

I hate you Kubo. I hate you Jump.

I hope one day some crazy anime studio buys this crap to give us something better to finish this long journey.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-08-26 11:11:36  
Almost sounds like Ichigo wrote that Sehachan, lol.

Kubo's biggest weakness was that in his quest to draw cool ***, he made insanely op bad guya.

I mean, for all the sources of ichigo's power, he was merely powerful. He never really tapped into his power to achieve anything more than speed, and reasonable defense.

For all the years kubo had to devise a weakness for Aizen, it was essentially the same as Tosens. He moved on from controls perception to.. controls everything.

I mean it's better than db where most bad guys have the same powers, sometimes absorption too.
 Lye
By Lye 2016-08-26 12:17:35  
Despite all of the detestable things Kubo did, Bleach made my Wednesdays slightly more bearable.

You will be missed, Bleach.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-01 10:16:24  

Source
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2016-09-14 09:53:55  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Did you just say you liked the final match Ichigo vs Aizen?

Where Aizen goes completely OOC (well he started before) and completely forgets about his powers, his bankai, his possibilities and keep on transforming from ugly to uglier for no appearent reason other than furtherly lengthening the stock?

He didn't forget his bankai or is powers, he stated that he no longer had a use for them and that he had evolved beyond them.

It fits his persona quite well, as intelligent as Aizen was, he was also arrogant. You have to have some kind of achille's heel or the character is going to continue to be immortal. Aizen's arrogance imo was his biggest weakness and it is what allowed Urahara to get so close to him and plant his seal earlier in the fight as well as get over come by Ichigo's power. Who knows if he could have achieved another form...

Remember they weren't just fighting Aizen ,but also the Hogyoku, which obviously amplified Aizen's power tremendously. Aizen already had the power of a captain if not more, and if anything we have learn from Bleach is that their power has no ceiling apparently, unless they're dead...so yea who knows how strong Aizen was without the Hogyoku.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-14 10:47:10  
I also liked Aizen and Ichigo's fight, but I also cannot believe that he didn't try to subdue Ichigo with his shikai. He was getting pretty desperate in the end.

I don't care what Aizen said as it was happening, I always took Aizen's sword breaking away not to be an evolution of power, but of Urahara's seal starting to take effect. It also solves the plot-hole problem.

Aizen's arrogance already led him to believe that his sword swings were altering terrain, it definitely fits that if his power was beginning to be sealed, he'd interpret it to be power he no longer needed.

Also, it's fully possible Aizen never had a bankai.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-13 09:31:34  
Quote:
Shueisha reported on Tuesday that the upcoming Bleach novel by Ryohgo Narita (Baccano!, Durarara!!) is slated for next spring. The announcement also revealed the cover art (seen below) for Makoto Matsubara's separate December 27 Bleach: WE DO knot ALWAYS LOVE YOU novel based on Tite Kubo's manga.

Narita's novel centers on Shūhei Hisagi. Shūhei must throw himself into a new fight as the mystery that Kaname Tōsen left behind resurfaces. The story will reveal more details about the four noble families, the Soul King, Arrancar, and Fullbringers. Narita previously wrote the two-volume Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You novel series, which Shueisha published in 2012.

Matsubara's novel will center on Rukia and Renji's wedding ceremony in Soul Society. Matsubara previously wrote the Bleach: The Death Save The Strawberry novel, which Shueisha published in 2012.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30