Should I Delevel Cooking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Should I delevel cooking?
Should I delevel cooking?
By Jemrie 2011-06-06 13:50:13  
xx#2xx hit the nail on the head. Cooking is for you and your friends to always have food, or try new food, or make a FEW extra gil; its not a cash cow. The money I dont spend on food from the AH is the profit for me.

Also, I'm wondering if/why you are only making sushi for profit... There are hundreds of things to make. If you're using sushi to skill up, dont. The profit margin is too narrow to break any mats. If I were you @74 (and wanted to keep skilling), I would make Pamama au Lait (http://www.ffxiah.com/item/4302/pamama-au-lait) with Adv. Support for 2-3 levels and then without support until 80. The only down side is they dont stack.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-06-06 13:55:23  
Jemrie said:
Im wondering if/why you are only making Sole/Squid Sushi for profit...
I'm wondering if/why the hell you're bumping a thread from 2009.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-06 14:23:38  
Fairy.Winterlight said:
Any high level cooking ppl find that they have to lvl Gardening to make cooking profitable?

For the sushi rice?

Not high level cooking, but working on it - I used to be a pretty serious gardener though. You could grow your own rice for sure, but then it's a matter of collecting seeds and waiting for them to grow. There's really only a couple ways - to garden on several mules, or to only make sushi when you've built up enough stock. Either way has drawbacks - gardening on a lot of mules takes time every day to care for. But, gardening solely on your main means you have to wait for the rice. And in both cases, you're not guaranteed rice, anyway. Can't make sushi with rock salt.

At the same time, it's pretty easy. And, if the amount of gil/time you would spend on seeds for the crop you grow is worthwhile to you, go for it.

Edit: OH DAMNIT. I totally skipped the necro bump(s) page... sorry.
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-06 14:28:22  
I skipped everything to remind you that SE will be letting us level two crafts above 60 sooner or later.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [129 days between previous and next post]
By Wardeniii 2011-10-13 11:04:38  
There are SO many good recipes to make money on, but of course I'm not going to just straight up tell you them. What I will tell you is it really isn't the final selling price that matters so much as the profit relative to sell speed on AH. For instance, if I have a synth that I can make 2K profit/stack on, but I can push 50 through the AH every day, then that's a clean 100K/day simply by refreshing the AH/mules every time I come back into town. Alternatively, I could make just as much synthing something that sells much slower. If on another synth I can make 10K profit/stack, and sell 10 per day, then that would be just as useful as the original example...if not MORE useful since it likely takes less synth time and clutters up fewer AH slots. I realize I haven't said anything earthshattering here, but this is really the name of the game with cooking. How fast the items sell VS profit made on that item. Nearly everything turns a profit, but to really make money you have to examine both facets of the equation.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-10-13 11:15:21  
Shiva.Msthief said: »
I skipped everything to remind you that SE will be letting us level two crafts above 60 sooner or later.

They said they were going to raise the cap 40 levels so you'd be able to have dual 100's months ago. However a bunch of whiny craftsman cried so loudly they shelved it citing "further consideration"

Anyone heard anything else on it? I haven't frequented the official forum very much in the past several months. Seems if they were willing to shake up the game in every other aspect the crafting cap shouldn't be some sacred cow.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Seraph.Koroma
サーバ: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2011-12-19 20:52:44  
My lu breaks so much ive often thought of delvling cooking for WW, seriously he must fix it with watered down wacky glue.

EDit: i fell for a necro ._.
 Lakshmi.Forsell
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2011-12-20 04:31:10  
Wardeniii said: »

This guy speaks sense. When I returned from my break, I spent a good day or so going through the AH and noting down the prices of certain foods, then looking at how much it would cost for the 'filler' ingredients. For the ingredients I couldn't buy from NPCs, I looked at how easy they were to farm.

The lowest profit return I got on one of my synths was 55%. The average would be around 2000-3000% per stack/item sold.