Skill Caps For Pup?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » skill caps for pup?
skill caps for pup?
 Bismarck.Reyke
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2012-08-12 03:54:58  
Im kinda confused I fully merited my magic for pup and it says in its skill the cap is 444 for my whm head. It just got its 444th skill up, but its still white after that it seemed to just not get skill ups anymore. So I switch to pup sub and the skills were still white?
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-12 04:25:36  
They dont turn blue.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2012-08-12 09:27:52  
Yeah, instead we get a 444/444!
Also you might still get skill ups now and again, although it says it's capped.
Silly Automatons aren't too smart!
 Bismarck.Reyke
サーバ: Bismarck
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2012-08-12 13:15:43  
So if it hits cap with merits do the skill ups after not mean anything?
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-08-12 13:38:08  
Bismarck.Reyke said: »
Correct. Also, you may look into removing those magic merits for Ranged merits as magic merits have become a lot less useful since the new level cap seeing as they no longer unlock a new spell and the MACC increase is negligible at this point in the game.
By Shotaro 2012-08-14 21:10:21  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Bismarck.Reyke said: »
Correct. Also, you may look into removing those magic merits for Ranged merits as magic merits have become a lot less useful since the new level cap seeing as they no longer unlock a new spell and the MACC increase is negligible at this point in the game.

The magic merits dont provide some sort of dmg increase either? Im 5 magic and ranged. So, if its not alot of an increase im just going to go to melee. :(
By Solrain 2012-08-14 21:20:51  
Nope, they just lowers resist rates (and yea, unlocking spells earlier for your auto) - same as Elemental Magic skill for PCs.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-08-14 21:38:46  
As Sol said, they do not. Even if you did use them I would have suggested Melee merits over Ranged if you were going to keep Magic.

Simply because Melee merits help Sharpshot's TP gain as well as all the other puppets.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [151 days between previous and next post]
By RRoces 2013-01-13 06:49:20  
Wiki said that cap is 417 for ranger pup skill and i just reasearch 420 wtf ><
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-01-13 07:31:07  
RRoces said: »
Wiki said that cap is 417 for ranger pup skill and i just reasearch 420 wtf ><
Cap without merits/Cirque +2 pants is 417. Both will raise the supposed cap and you'll still see skillups due to the glitch but you shouldn't get any extra benefit then you're already getting having the merits or the pants equipped.
By Elwynbelwyn 2013-01-27 23:56:33  
First of all, as said before, they don't turn blue. And if you have automaton skill merits, it will indeed skill into them. What this means is that a higher skill rank head/frame will have those higher base skill levels, and back when level caps were still increasing, you could have some skills pre-raised.

Actual skill ranks/caps depend on both the head and frame. Here's what I've found:

Valoredge/Valoredge = A-/0/0
Sharpshot/Sharpshot = C+/A-/0
Stormwaker/Stormwaker = C+/0/A-
Soulsoother/Stormwaker = C/0/A+
Spiritreaver/Stormwaker = C/0/A+

Valoredge/Stormwaker* = C+/0/B+
Valoredge/Harlequin = B/B-/B-
Stormwaker/Valoredge = A-/0/G

(*VE/SW is interesting because it can cast up to Cure IV on master and automaton only, with no buffs/debuffs, so you get lower MP solo cures with no AI stupidity like silencing crabs.)

I haven't tried other combos yet, as the first five or six are really the only useful ones of all 24, and I was just looking for a G skill. (Does anyone use Harlequin after getting the other heads/frames?) I should try some more out for fun and see if there are any interesting behaviors.