日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Skilling up
Skilling up
 Valefor.Flameblade
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Flameblade 2012-08-26 19:38:27  
Im ashamed to say this but I let my Auto's get gimpy, especially my Sharpshot frame/head so im wondering what are the best ways to skill up your frames? I have a percolator but its kinda useless :(
 Bahamut.Bekisa
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-08-26 20:25:11  
Depends on how low skilled they are. I found skilling up while farming chests while doing GoV to be quick. I started off around 100 skill in Kuftal Tunnel on robber crabs doing books until around 175, then swapped to Cape Terrigan mobs (dont remember book number but something with goblins) until roughly 250. I capped my sharpshot on turtles and worms in Gustav Tunnel (same mobs you farm seasoning stone from) but had a rdm and thf friend there with me so wasn't worrying too much about tanking myself. Or you can just spam abyssea parties but seems slower to me :(
 Carbuncle.Jabel
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2012-08-26 21:19:11  
I would agree with Bekisa: find a GoV zone like Zeruhn Mines, cap your RAcc, Increased skill-ups and Increased att speed and then go solo and spend a while allowing your auto to fight as much as possible.

Bring several stacks of the best oil to repair your auto and keep the fighting going.
By Zephin 2012-08-26 21:20:25  
Zeruhn Mines worms don't cast.
 Valefor.Flameblade
By Valefor.Flameblade 2012-08-26 22:03:51  
they do cast D: but seem to be skilling me up pretty well :)
 Bahamut.Juggalo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Wtfbbq
By Bahamut.Juggalo 2012-09-02 21:26:14  
I realized a while back that I hadnt used my rng frame in like...ever. No percolator, and I mostly soloed it to 75 back when. I wanted to fix that since a friend of mine exclusively uses rng pet and put out some good dd whenever we teamed up for whichever lowman thing we felt like doing. I ran into aby with my lolcasualplayer tp gear, tossed on as much regen atma as I could and just piled through a bunch of mobs on and off over a few days. Instead of being at about 50 ranged skill, its almost capped now. No really good way Ive seen around just timesinking skillups. Although having some sort of ranged acc atma probably wouldnt hurt. Or maybe it would. I dunno, Im too casual to care about the math much. I just mindlessly skilled while watching crap on netflix.
As for magic skillups, I almost exclusively use whm pet since I never really do anyhting in game anyways. Just keep canceling protect or haste and itll spam them. Heck, whm frame spams magic anyways.
This post is probably not helpful, lol.
 Valefor.Flameblade
By Valefor.Flameblade 2012-09-03 21:28:46  
Thanks Jugg :D it was helpful ^^ I figured I would have to grind it out in aby XD so im probably just gonna join a bunch of pt's and merit Shijin Spiral and get crour while I cap my auto :D
 Carbuncle.Laharlx
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laha
By Carbuncle.Laharlx 2012-09-19 21:00:31  
Any sort of script that can be run for the afflictor skilling up? One that uses Water AND Darkness to put percolator to use ;P?
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2012-09-20 02:40:17  
A good way to raise ranged skillup is against Megamaw Mickey in Abyssea - La Theine.

Get the right attachments (equalizer, the 2 magic defense ones, Percolator, Scope, the one that makes ranged attacks faster, 2x of the health ones) and get the right atmas.
Don't remember what I used. Dragua one then uh... Mountain Champion? Then another one as third, probably another regen one.
Use "Pet: " gear if you have it, like Selemnus Belt and Shepherd's Chain for an additional -5% magic damage taken.

Set up a script that regularly uses Light Maneuver (activates the regen), Water Maneuver (powers up Percolator and the magic defense) and Wind Maneuver (makes you shoot faster).

I was fine with this setup at level 90, so I guess at level 99 with level correction it will be even easier. Only problem with this is when you get additional worms that pop close to Mickey and link, starting to cast spells on your automaton. If you get too many of them your defensive setup won't be enough.
Well... won't be enough if you're AFK, if you're actually in front of the screen you'll easily be able to handle them by using Oils and temporarily swapping targets.

I didn't find any other better way to cap Ranged. Actually when I did Percolator hadn't been released yet. I got close to lv90 Ranged cap, then I stopped. I actually should get off my lazy *** and go back to cap, the only skill I capped is Magic. Melee and Ranged are still like... 80-100 levels below cap :(
By kenshynofshiva 2012-09-20 08:26:10  
Pretty easy to kill up on the level 100ish worms in gustav tunnel sub sch and sleep em. Just attach all the Magic Defense attachments. I use to do pages as well gustav and the citadel basement both can cap any skill.
 Valefor.Flameblade
By Valefor.Flameblade 2012-09-30 21:37:50  
Asura.Sechs said: »
A good way to raise ranged skillup is against Megamaw Mickey in Abyssea - La Theine.

Get the right attachments (equalizer, the 2 magic defense ones, Percolator, Scope, the one that makes ranged attacks faster, 2x of the health ones) and get the right atmas.
Don't remember what I used. Dragua one then uh... Mountain Champion? Then another one as third, probably another regen one.
Use "Pet: " gear if you have it, like Selemnus Belt and Shepherd's Chain for an additional -5% magic damage taken.

Set up a script that regularly uses Light Maneuver (activates the regen), Water Maneuver (powers up Percolator and the magic defense) and Wind Maneuver (makes you shoot faster).

I was fine with this setup at level 90, so I guess at level 99 with level correction it will be even easier. Only problem with this is when you get additional worms that pop close to Mickey and link, starting to cast spells on your automaton. If you get too many of them your defensive setup won't be enough.
Well... won't be enough if you're AFK, if you're actually in front of the screen you'll easily be able to handle them by using Oils and temporarily swapping targets.

I didn't find any other better way to cap Ranged. Actually when I did Percolator hadn't been released yet. I got close to lv90 Ranged cap, then I stopped. I actually should get off my lazy *** and go back to cap, the only skill I capped is Magic. Melee and Ranged are still like... 80-100 levels below cap :(

Im not too great with scripts but if you still had yours or knew where to find one that would be greatly appreciated :) and also thanks for the tips, ill have to go and try that out :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-05 10:21:23  
I second this notion of posting scripts if you have it. I capped out my skills to 75 cap back before Abyssea came out, now I find my skills severely lacking (level to fast in Abyssea >_>). Been dreading leveling my Ranged Skill, but this sounds like an OK route here. Tried running 3x water with percolator for skill ups and works, I just overload too easy doing it >_<
 Siren.Vanian
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2012-10-05 17:52:07  
Set up a script like this for each element maneuver:

<if Spell="**** Maneuver">
<equip when="precast" set="Maneuver" />

add this line underneath the maneuvers you wish to cycle through
<action type="command" when="precast">wait 20;input //**** Maneuver</action>

Changing the **** to the next maneuver you wish to use

so:
<if Spell="Wind Maneuver">
<action type="command" when="precast">wait 20;input //Water Maneuver</action>

<if Spell="Water Maneuver">
<action type="command" when="precast">wait 20;input //Light Maneuver</action>

<if Spell="Light Maneuver">
<action type="command" when="precast">wait 20;input //Wind Maneuver</action>

would keep a constant wind, water, light up
 Lakshmi.Joetheripper
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Joetheripper 2012-10-06 08:39:40  
This is the best one i found so far.
Im skilling up on the Qiqirn Poulterer in the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins atm. and i have the Fire Maneuver in ther to help me not overload as much. I am getting a good amout of skill ups there. All they do is use there Bow so all your pup will do is use there range att. I hope it helps a little GL.

input /pet "Water Maneuver" <me>
wait 20
input /pet "Wind Maneuver" <me>
wait 20
input /pet "Light Maneuver" <me>
wait 20
input/pet "Water Maneuver" <me>
wait 20
input /pet "Fire Maneuver" <me>
wait 20
input /pet "Wind Maneuver" <me>
wait 20
input /pet "Light Maneuver" <me>
wait 10
input /echo done
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
By animus28 2012-12-29 03:27:19  
I am finally getting around to capping my rng frame and I just took it out to the areas I capped my weapons, used MC VV and SH atma (mostly for regen) and kept 2 water manuvers up at all times to activate the perculator + whatever other manuver was needed and watched my lvls shoot up crazy fast, even ranged. 1-2 more rounds and I should be at or near cap. My lvls werent great, in the low 200s but aby mobs worked well, Colibri in Mis.Coast > Crabs in Grauberg

I didnt fight alongside my automaton, I let it fight solo to get more hits in per mob. Only had to reward it a few times when the mobs got tp move happy other than that earth manuver for stoneskin and let the regen atmas do the rest. Was fairly simple. Got caught up on tv while I did it since I had to barely pay attn.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2012-12-30 16:16:53  
animus28 said: »
used MC VV and SH atma (mostly for regen)
MC => Mounted Champion
SH => Stronghold?
VV => ???

Can only think of Voracious Violet, but it doesn't have Regen...
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-12-30 18:25:49  
Might be Vicissitude and a wire crossed in his head and he put an extra V.
 Odin.Cyprias
サーバ: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2012-12-30 19:00:11  
Pretty sure that is Voracious Violet, getting Regain on the PUP to use WS for more Range skillup.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2012-12-31 01:51:19  
Will "only" two regen atmas be enough to sustain the Automaton fighting Birds/Crabs?
I guess it depends on their level. If other people are fighting them they will level up and then it won't be enough, likely, otherwise it might as well.

I guess he was using some "Pet: " and "Automaton: " gear too
 Ragnarok.Azryel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-01-02 14:17:44  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Will "only" two regen atmas be enough to sustain the Automaton fighting Birds/Crabs?
I guess it depends on their level. If other people are fighting them they will level up and then it won't be enough, likely, otherwise it might as well.

I guess he was using some "Pet: " and "Automaton: " gear too

I used Mounted Champion and Vicissitude when I was skilling up, and it was plenty... The 3rd atma I used was either Cloak & Dagger for melee accuracy or Drifter for the added ranged accuracy when I was skilling my Sharpshot frame.

I tossed on Moepapa Stone and my Pet: Haste/-DT head (from the AMK expansion) since I had them just sitting around from my BST builds, though I don't think the extra damage mitigation was necessary- my Automaton's HP never got very low... You could add Ducal Guard on top of the 2 regen atmas if you really wanted to play it safe.
By animus28 2013-01-11 00:47:34  
Yes VV was Voracious Violet sorry for that. MC was Mounted Champion and SH Stronghold. VV was of course for tp and MC/SH for the regen.

Just was wearing my standard tp gear, no auto or -pdt gear so nothing special and my rng frame skilled fast and the regen was able to keep it's hp up. Fighting birds and crabs was easy, the auto can take a licking with little worry. I tried fighting along side my auto but everything died way to fast so sending it in by itself is the way to go. Keep some oil on hand but I only used about 3 the whole time when the mobs got a crit tp move in. Cake