users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable
First Page 2
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2012-08-28 15:16:11  
Anyone have them as their ISP AND notice R0 problems today? It might just be me, but I'm having a hell of a time staying connected since 3PM est... been getting dc'd intermittenly over past hr and it's beyond frustrating atm... /sigh

note: I connect via WiFi, and yes I have reset both the router and modem... Just at a loss at comprehending what's going on. :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-08-28 15:22:52  
Call them up! Anyways, they have been slipping lately... Going to switch to Verizon soon, If they don't step up to their game...
 Leviathan.Typhe
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ringly
By Leviathan.Typhe 2012-08-28 15:24:59  
time warner sucks. I had this problem as well till i switched to verizon fios. TW always blamed my equipment for this problem. same equipment works fine, seems the problem was them
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-28 15:28:37  
Asura.Malekith said: »
Anyone have them as their ISP AND notice R0 problems today? It might just be me, but I'm having a hell of a time staying connected since 3PM est... been getting dc'd intermittenly over past hr and it's beyond frustrating atm... /sigh

note: I connect via WiFi, and yes I have reset both the router and modem... Just at a loss at comprehending what's going on. :/

Are you in California?

yes it happens to me frequently in CA. I just kinda deal with it. It doesnt last for more than a few hours. Go for a jog or go run some errands lol.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2012-08-28 15:32:52  
East Coast, NYC metro area
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-08-28 15:38:04  
Leviathan.Typhe said: »
time warner sucks. I had this problem as well till i switched to verizon fios. TW always blamed my equipment for this problem. same equipment works fine, seems the problem was them

Their whole system is ghetto.... Besides, they're asking for more money on some channels... If those certain channels stop airing because of TWC, I'm done....

Brooklyn/Queens area City Line.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-28 15:39:14  
East Coast, NYC metro area

I no se! Yah they are kinda crappy but I get a good deal on their Internet/Cable bundle.

Maybe its the humidity? lol I hear its hot/humid as f#ck in NYC right now.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-08-28 15:39:34  
Hey, have you notice their stupid lags lately?
 Leviathan.Frotaut
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-08-28 15:58:59  
east coast ny about a hour north of the city time warner no issues
 Sylph.Skywise
サーバ: Sylph
user: Skywise
By Sylph.Skywise 2012-08-28 16:30:14  
I had same issues with Time Warner all night last night in Nebraska. A buddy of mine was having issues in Wisconsin as well. After running some tests it looked like they were/are having some major DNS issues. I need to check it again when I get home from work.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-28 16:37:37  
I hate TWC and can't wait to try out Google Fiber coming out in Kansas.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2012-08-28 16:42:23  
I had these same issues two nights ago in South Carolina. TWC is ***, but my options where I live are limited. I'd gladly be open to ideas on alternatives.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-28 16:43:45  
Was the same for me. I couldn't get anyone else but TWC until recently when Google made the announcement recently. I have had so many problems with them my opinion of them will be forever tarnished.
By cureurface 2012-08-28 16:45:47  
3pm is when all the kids start getting home from school. They all log onto xbox live to and start watching netflix. I use to have twc in Shreveport and the same issue, prime time is not when you want to play games online unless your provider is good.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-08-28 16:46:47  
I don't think its just your ISP,

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/32838/lag
 Valefor.Ittomori
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ittomori
By Valefor.Ittomori 2012-08-28 17:11:36  
The thing that bothers me the most is, around midnight there's several times when the internet goes completely off. Sometimes it seemed like a minor reboot, and then there's times when I would just crash instead of waiting for it to come back. This happened to my friends at different times than me. We noticed it during some MW sessions.
This is in the Queens, NY area.
 Carbuncle.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Cardinalgate 2012-08-28 17:33:29  
i have random R0's too i just reset my gear and im fine
 Siren.Switchorz
user: Switchorz
By Siren.Switchorz 2012-08-28 17:43:11  
I've had 5-10 second spikes for the longest time.

TWC Kansas City. I am also waiting for Google Fiber to hit my "fiberhood". That's kind of corny.

I've been afk so far today (buy my matsya), and I'll come back and I'm R0. I won't disconnect but the lag spikes are a pain while playing. One day last week I was having problems disconnecting, but most days are just the lag spikes.
 Carbuncle.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Cardinalgate 2012-08-28 17:56:31  
i wonder will Google Fiber hit Texas sooner or later
 Odin.Rikiyame
サーバ: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2012-08-28 18:27:48  
TWC - they give you a wireless router and charge you an extra $15 dollars to use it as wireless. Then, they only give you the weakest pw that doesn't even let you change anything, but look at the information... I hate them. Also, they gave us a deal on cable/internet, when that ran out, cable TRIPLED. Their DVR service is horrid. They have shows labeled "new" that are not new at all, thus, get recorded, and don't label new shows, so they don't get recorded.

Edit: Whenever I talk to someone, they always call me "ma'am"... But that just makes me laugh.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2012-08-30 13:57:54  
*** YOU TIME WARNER!!! /sigh

3 straight days of really crappy ill timed network shenanigans...
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-08-30 14:04:23  
*** YOU TIME WARNER!!! /sigh

3 straight days of really crappy ill timed network shenanigans...

Been like that but for weeks for me here
[+]
 Sylph.Nephriel
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-08-30 14:10:18  
I have them too and hate it -.- Just went down for 30 mins during a LoL game.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-08-30 14:12:00  
cureurface said: »
3pm is when all the kids start getting home from school. They all log onto xbox live to and start watching netflix. I use to have twc in Shreveport and the same issue, prime time is not when you want to play games online unless your provider is good.

this is the pit fall of cable internet. Way it works is when lot people are on the same service from same area it slows things up for everyone. Things like Dsl doesn't not have this prob though service tends to be slower than cable when cable is running at peak proficiency.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-08-30 14:14:10  
This been happen last few days specially in juno everyone R0ing. Also a mix of other issues like people dieing and not getting RR option while not being able be raised by anyone and gear vanishing and reappearing in invo few mins later. East coast here and not on TWC.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-08-30 16:48:58  
They're still called Time Warner over there? Changed their name to Bright House like 10 years ago here in FL
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-09-08 12:50:16  
Update:

Anyways, I have been with Verizon for a week and 3 days. All i have to say, I'm very happy and loving the price 144.99 after taxes $155.94 a month for the Fios 75/35Mbps Internet Fios Quantum Fios TV Ultimate HD package that i choose. Also, i choose the 2 year contract. Area: Brooklyn/Queens City-line

If anyone has any doubt with Verizon, Just don't price and service is worth it. Good riddance TWC
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-09-08 12:55:59  
I never had a problem with the people I've called at Time Warner Cable nor the people they sent out here for problems, but their equipment is ***.
By Artemicion 2012-09-08 12:57:30  
/looks at thread title.

I have not known a single person or acquaintance, that has used Time Warner as their ISP, to be satisfied with their service or reliability whatsoever.
 Fenrir.Krucial
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Krucial
By Fenrir.Krucial 2012-09-08 12:59:39  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
I hate TWC and can't wait to try out Google Fiber coming out in Kansas.

^^ This F*** TWC .... Google Fiber Kansas City i can't wait, hopefully more ppl put thier 10 bux in with me.
First Page 2