Yellow Proc/Treasure Hunter And Warping Question

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Yellow proc/Treasure Hunter and Warping question
Yellow proc/Treasure Hunter and Warping question
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-07 20:32:40  
If I Yellow proc or TH something in Abby and warp as someone else or a group is fighting the mob and switch to the other and come back, does the mob retain said proc?

Example, if I'm 3 manning something, and i'm on blm, if I yellow proc the target for +2s and warp back, change to thf and come back out for treasure hunter, does the proc still stand? Been debating this with someone, I heard yes, heard no, just wondering if anyone has any clarifications on this.
 Odin.Hirokei
サーバ: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2012-10-07 20:37:28  
As long as the mob doesn't go unclaimed the proc will remain.

Or to clarify, only if the mob goes idle will you lose proc, meaning 0 hate to anyone.
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-10-07 20:39:27  
Yes, procs will stay on the monster regardless of whether people switch jobs, zone, use fluxes, etc, providing that somebody at all times has hate on it. The only thing that resets procs is the monster going passive - that is, either everyone dying or it 'stopping' and going unclaimed in the event it's kited around. Just going unclaimed isn't enough, either. The monster has to go totally passive, but not necessarily to the point where it's regening or wandering off.

People will tell you this isn't the case, but whatever experiences they had that made them think this there will be something else to blame. My first guess would be they're simply mistaken or they didn't have enough coffee that morning.
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2012-10-07 20:41:06  
Yea, you can leave and come back as another job. Although if you're not in the zone (or in exp range, I'm not sure) at the time of the monster's death, then the proc will be erased.

My LS consists of me, my girlfriend, and like 1 random person that logs in every month for a fight then screws off for another month. When we kill something it's always low-manned, and I have to warp out and come back after I get !! to finish the fight.

TH will stay on a monster whether you're in the zone when it dies or not.
By Aeyela 2012-10-07 20:42:30  
Leviathan.Tribalprophet said: »
Yea, you can leave and come back as another job. Although if you're not in the zone (or in exp range, I'm not sure) at the time of the monster's death, then the proc will be erased.

That is not true. Once a proc is made the proc stays regardless of whether the proccer is next to the mob or a million miles away on the moon.
By Zephin 2012-10-07 20:43:11  
Can also leave zone and come back to receive KI from red proc. As long as you claimed it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-07 20:47:49  
Thanks for the quick responses everyone! much appreciated, gonna try this out here in a few.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Aeyela 2012-10-07 20:55:46  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Or if I spawn a NM then I leave the party and join 17 new people across the zone. if the original party procs red on the NM I spawned everyone in my new alliance gets atma, 17 new people and the first party gets no atma at all even though they procced and killed the NM.

Interestingly my new party also would get trophies too if they were in a heroes zone upon the NM's death if they were in range.

Just to clarify, the party with claim would get the atma and trophy. You, as the spawner/claimer, would get the key item but whichever alliance had claim and killed it would get atmas or trophies. Procs apply to a monster and not players, it's just key items that are specific to the player. If you dropped with hate/claim your new alliance would get the atma though, yes. :)

Edit: An example I can give you from just the other night. Somebody claimed the bat that gives one of the Amhuluk KIs the other night and disconnected. When he logged back, despite our party killing the bat and proccing red, he got the key item because it was his claim.

Edit 2: Which is a bad example because that's what you just said, lol. It's late...
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-07 21:04:06  
my main thing is I need fangs from Ulhuadshi for my h2h, I also need vision jewels for my +2 head and for the most, the other NMs suck to get them from.

I trio it with a nin and a whm, and i'm normally thf or war for red, I wanna proc blm on ulha, switch to thf and come out and finish it then on next one, proc TH8 or so on it, warp back and come out on blm and proc yellow again and alternate for everything
By Aeyela 2012-10-07 21:07:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
my main thing is I need fangs from Ulhuadshi for my h2h, I also need vision jewels for my +2 head and for the most, the other NMs suck to get them from.

Turul likes to drop them quite a lot. I've killed him about a dozen times and I have 5 of them and I've never done it with TH or procs. You could solo him on your Summoner if you have enough -Perp gear or on your BST, or duo him on your THF with a WHM. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-07 21:08:21  
I would, but I can never find Turul, i've gone there a few times looking for him cause I need the atma, can never find him anywhere.
By Aeyela 2012-10-07 21:10:16  
Yeah, that's the downside. He's a bit of a wanker to find sometimes. =\

I usually find him floating over either the Bugards or the Ahriman to the East of the map. He spawns on the ground though and usually just North of Conflux 5 or south of it on the other side of the mountain. All the times I've killed him, I've found him on the ground at those spots most of the time. Should help you find him if you know when he died. He starts flying after 30 or so seconds from spawning. If you go BST you can widescan him until he flies!