フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Achievement Point Suggestion
Achievement Point Suggestion
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-12-06 12:44:06  
I was thinking that for emps a person should not be awarded the 5k points unless the said weapon is 85 or 90 (depending on the weapon). Basically, I think that the person should have at least the weaponskill or special effect of the weapon. Let's be real here, people don't actually TP in 80 weapons (at least if you do, you need a reality check >_>), making them useless at all aspects. So for example, all weapons *besides* Ochain and Daurdabla (need to be 90 to be awarded points) need to be at least 85 to recieve ranking points. Just an idea, but once again there's no real achivement in the 80 weapons.

Thanks
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-12-06 12:45:31  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
I was thinking that for emps a person should not be awarded the 5k points unless the said weapon is 85 or 90 (depending on the weapon). Basically, I think that the person should have at least the weaponskill or special effect of the weapon. Let's be real here, people don't actually TP in 80 weapons, making them useless at all aspects. So for example, all weapons *besides* Ochain and Daurdabla (need to be 90 to be awarded points) need to be at least 85 to recieve ranking points. Just an idea, but once again there's no real achivement in the 80 weapons. Thanks

more of achivement than jobs to 99...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-12-06 12:47:22  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
I was thinking that for emps a person should not be awarded the 5k points unless the said weapon is 85 or 90 (depending on the weapon). Basically, I think that the person should have at least the weaponskill or special effect of the weapon. Let's be real here, people don't actually TP in 80 weapons, making them useless at all aspects. So for example, all weapons *besides* Ochain and Daurdabla (need to be 90 to be awarded points) need to be at least 85 to recieve ranking points. Just an idea, but once again there's no real achivement in the 80 weapons. Thanks

more of achivement than jobs to 99...
Amen brotha lol, just an idea. But if you want to look at it that way, yeah.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-06 12:47:59  
Things above level 80 aren't even on ls community(SE fault)...I don't know if achievements can be done with guildwork, but even in that case gw often confuses the level of your weapon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tanag
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tanag
By Quetzalcoatl.Tanag 2012-12-06 13:20:20  
That's true. When I got my 80 Kannagi Guildwork reported it as 99 with Afterglow.

I think it's fine as is. If you can get the 80 you can get the 85. It's not like the second tier is any more difficult.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-12-06 21:02:35  
so wut. any aby-born nooblet can get 140k achievement points GIVEN to them for month of afk worm parties. is that an achievement?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-06 21:15:50  
I think any adjustment to the point system should wait until Adoulin has been released, so Scragg doesn't have to adjust things twice.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-12-06 21:24:24  
agreed kali, but xp should be taken out of the acievements, as it is not anything special anymore. took me a yr to get my first job to 75 and merited back in 06. :(
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-06 22:13:45  
I don't think it should be removed, but the system needs a major adjustment.

We'll have to factor in the 6 new systems coming in place, and anything else they're keeping a secret. There will be new missions, 2 new jobs, new mythics, and more.

I have a few ideas and will present my thoughts once everything is out in the open.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-12-06 22:18:14  
Relics should give empy worth of points, and mythics a billion points.
By Avitori 2012-12-06 22:18:53  
Mythics should be 50,000! Then maybe i'll make one.
By Solrain 2012-12-06 22:38:35  
Jobs are worth way too many points at this stage in the game.

Obligatory "add Ebisu as an achievement".
By Datnemo87 2012-12-06 22:41:41  
I declare this whole achievement conservation irrelevant. The only achievement to job levels anymore is unlocking the job, which today requires almost no work with VW and Abyssea warps. You can leech the rest of the way to 99. Empyrean weapons require minimal brainless effort and can be ironed out over the course of a few days. Relic weapons ultimately can be fishbotted, cruor-burned(used to), etc. etc. Obtaining a mythic is the same as a relic, just requires more determination at obtaining gil and scrounging bazaars. In my opinion, these achievements all rank about as relevant as the damage pics that flood the screenshots each day. The great majority of those concerned with achievement points seem to obtain them from either leeching or botting. Congratulations! No one cares.
By Datnemo87 2012-12-06 22:42:42  
Yea, let's make Ebisu an achievement! You buy the fish to get the rod to get the fish to buy every other achievement.........
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-06 22:45:12  
You misunderstand, we don't consider the majority of them as achievements.

However it is part of the site, and if we are going to have it it might as well be correct.

Not to bring back up the 60 page argument of ebisu, but it wasn't about the difficulty. The idea was simply to be part of your profile page like you would display a relic.
[+]
By Solrain 2012-12-06 23:12:06  
Datnemo87 said: »
I declare this whole achievement conservation irrelevant. The only achievement to job levels anymore is unlocking the job, which today requires almost no work with VW and Abyssea warps. You can leech the rest of the way to 99. Empyrean weapons require minimal brainless effort and can be ironed out over the course of a few days. Relic weapons ultimately can be fishbotted, cruor-burned(used to), etc. etc. Obtaining a mythic is the same as a relic, just requires more determination at obtaining gil and scrounging bazaars. In my opinion, these achievements all rank about as relevant as the damage pics that flood the screenshots each day. The great majority of those concerned with achievement points seem to obtain them from either leeching or botting. Congratulations! No one cares.

Yea, let's make Ebisu an achievement! You buy the fish to get the rod to get the fish to buy every other achievement.........

And? Go on...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [138 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2013-04-24 10:27:22  
i think that the guildwork client can access skills levels.
when the client update guildwork profile, check the corresponding skill.
great katana for SAM, enfeebling for RDM...
give a max penality to points if the skill for the job is far behind.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-05-22 18:11:19  
glad there was a thread to piggyback for this

So with the looming change to rme, why not change the points here on ffxiah to only be awarded when the weapons are 99? id leave it to someone else to figure out what the points would look like, but very obviously rme will be worthless <99 and i think there are a fair amount of people who make the weapons just for points anyway... extra motivator to put forth real effort into these things
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [530 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Wolffeberhard
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wolffeberhard 2014-11-03 07:51:37  
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one before but how about skill levels (i.e. weapons, magic, etc.) counted as achievements? Now days getting 99 is much easier then it was getting 75, so there's a lot of players out there that still have the skill level of that of a Lv30 job (at most, if they bothered). Would be nice to see if the player you are about to party with has at least the skills to back up that given 99 job, that some, are so proud of. It shouldn't be so hard to implement since Guildwork does keep track of a Character's skill levels.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-03 07:57:13  
Carbuncle.Wolffeberhard said: »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one before but how about skill levels (i.e. weapons, magic, etc.) counted as achievements? Now days getting 99 is much easier then it was getting 75, so there's a lot of players out there that still have the skill level of that of a Lv30 job (at most, if they bothered). Would be nice to see if the player you are about to party with has at least the skills to back up that given 99 job, that some, are so proud of. It shouldn't be so hard to implement since Guildwork does keep track of a Character's skill levels.
I don't really see capping skills as much of an achievement though, besides if someone is trying to play a 99 job with lvl 30 skills, there's probably going to be more visible factors of a poorly set up job.
 Carbuncle.Wolffeberhard
By Carbuncle.Wolffeberhard 2014-11-03 10:13:15  
Idk, although not as time consuming as getting a mystic weapon, skilling does take time to do and the knowledge to do it right. There's the option of using the skilling spark items to do this but even then you would have to farm a lot of it to cap it out that way. I've met players who have no clue how to even skill-up any given skill and end up doing it the wrong, less effective, way.

Regardless how you go about it, capped skills serves better to any given job then any piece of gear will by itself. I don't think I have to explain the benefits it gives. It's those skills, aside from any clear factors, that truly defines your job's level. After all, anyone with low skills can get an iLevel 117 weapon, that adds +215 skill, only to raise your level to 81 on an offensive point of view even though it should be 117, this assuming your skill is rank A+ and capped at Lv30.

And as for obvious factors to measure ones skill on the current job, like using STR, DEX, etc. gear on a BLM; or using a fishing rod as ammo in party, personally, if I see that, I won't invite them to any party. In some occasions, this is not the case and you end up finding out much later and at the wrong time, that that player is not "up-to-speed" to put it lightly.

Lastly, as far as being worth putting them as achievements or not, there are some skills, like healing magic, which are a pain to level, and are an achievement in it of itself to cap, and I for one would praise someone who has done so.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-03 10:17:11  
I would have no complaints about skill levels being on there, just can't see the point.
 Carbuncle.Wolffeberhard
By Carbuncle.Wolffeberhard 2014-11-03 10:26:09  
Lol to be honest, is there any point for the achievements tab at all other then to show off? If you going to show off then why not show off those capped skills :p
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-03 10:39:10  
Carbuncle.Wolffeberhard said: »
Lol to be honest, is there any point for the achievements tab at all other then to show off? If you going to show off then why not show off those capped skills :p
ha yeah fair point.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-11-03 11:02:45  
I don't think skill points should count for the simple fact that you can buy skillups now. And even if you don't want to, there are so many ways that make skilling easier than it used to be (Moogle power, jewelery, Sparks gear, trusts).
By volkom 2014-11-03 11:54:31  
What would be considered an achievement? Achievements from pre abyssea are basically entirely different than what they are now.

Probably achievement should be like:
-All jobs 99
-1+ Craft capped out
-Fishing capped
-Story Completion (nation, and expansion stories)
-Clears in Dynamis, Limbus, boss titles/kills in sky/sea
-all Outposts obtained
-Relics, Empys, Mythics acquired
-delve/wkr clears
-high tier battle field clears
-ZNM/einherjar clears
-atmas
-voidwatch clears
-assault
-MMM

then novelty achievements
-titles/event specific titles
-salvage armor sets/+1 versions/limbus armor sets etc...
-abj sets
-specific trophy items: spelunker's hat, black belt...etc
-hit gil cap
-maat's cap
-complete every non-repeatable quest
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-03 12:32:26  
Not trying to demerit it but I made a Maat's hat in two days (fought all jobs) And the RDM one for example I killed maat with three spells. He didn't even move from his spot (I had chainspell on)... -_-;
By volkom 2014-11-03 12:38:23  
Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Not trying to demerit it but I made a Maat's hat in two days (fought all jobs) And the RDM one for example I killed maat with three spells. He didn't even move from his spot (I had chainspell on)... -_-;
well if you had a maat's cap pre abyssea. you were considered a baller/no-lifer. Its definitely a novelty trophy now. I kinda want one in xiv
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-03 12:52:25  
skills ups are worth a lot more if you actually do them manually and not with some spell/skill script'
To those that have, id say thats an achievement.
First Page 2