(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 203 204 205
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-06-08 18:31:48  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
Ya I am trying to figure how to gear best for it. Need acc and macc, since if you miss the ws your obviously not landing that sleep haha. What are your sets looking like?

I'm thinking about this too. We'll only ever use it on regular targets which shouldn't resist sleep too much, so at this point I might gear more for accuracy. I'll play around with it on my card runs. I wonder how much the ele belt/gorget combo will effect it, can't say I've ever tried it.
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-08 18:40:11  
im kinda thinking just af+3 5/5, massive acc and each gets 15 macc too from set, then just load stuff like escha stone/ sanctity/ dignitary etc in slotss macc/acc split gear and whats left over just spam macc lol.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-06-08 19:07:51  
Yeah, not everyone's going to have af+3s. Doing Omen card run and having no issues sleeping mobs in my max accuracy set. Do not need to gear for macc except for panopts. I noticed resists every time on transcended panopt in my max acc set, but guaranteed sleeps in my macc set.

The Unseelie were completely resistant in any sets but that's understandable. At this point I'm leaning towards accuracy if you have a lots of regular mobs that don't have high magic evasion, and high macc if you wish to sleep panopts or higher.
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-10 14:18:41  
Been using mostly flamma set hq gwati/dig ears sangona/vertigo macc ankou/fotiax2/hydrocera but could mix in some carmine and some select founders, just like using it since its decent defensively has great acc+macc and some stp to boot. Didn't notice any issues thus far but have not tried on anything higher then same things kylos did but used apoc
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-10 16:09:46  
Sylph.Cherche said: »
3-hit Scythe requires 129 STP.
4-hit Scythe requires 72 STP.

4-hit Montante requires 89 STP.
5-Hit Montante requires 51 STP.

4-hit Calad/Rag requires 105 STP.
5-Hit Calad/Rag requires 64 STP.

EDIT: This is before accounting for TP/WS sets.
Just looking back at this, does the mont numbers take into accounts its stp or no?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-10 18:14:36  
Honestly I wouldnt use those numbers anyways since it doesnt account for ws tp return, this actually not making them 4/5 hits in practice. Always should look at a x-hit as the sum of its parts; ws+hit#. Honestly I would just download ffxi calc, its accurate enough to get your stp values for you to determine x-hits.

Kinda interesting side note too, it looks to me like Montante NQ (489/10stp) is better than HQ (475/11stp) because the higher delay actually gives you more tp/hit and the trade offs are 1 dmg and 1 attack lol. The +1 stp is worth less than the delay. For the values below I will assume you are going to use torc, and use this set and be /sam:

ItemSet 349370

NQ -Now your torc will return 176tp, meaning you need to get 4/5 hit you need 275/206 tp per hit. This means 78/27stp + the weapons stp of 10.

If you decide to use HQ then it will change slightly. Now you are looking at torc return of 174 meaning you need to get a 4/5 hit with 276/207 tp per hit. This means 82/30 stp + the weapons stp of 11. You can see by Using HQ you have to find another 4/3 stp in your set depending your x-hit. This isnt such a big deal on your 5-hit set as you normally will be at 30s~ with best tp gear anyhow. Once you start trying to get to a 4-hit, which is where montanate would actually shine.... your start to have to make stupid trade offs for that 78 to 82 stp bump. Things like ainia collar etc, which is massive acc losses 20+ or multi hit losses, none which helps your dps in a normal fight.
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-10 20:17:11  
The numbers are perfectly adequate ball park numbers. they weren't accounting for weapon STP. Probably accounting for /Sam though.
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-06-26 15:23:26  
Quetzacoatl said: »
Cerberus.Matthious said: »
I didn't see it posted anywhere but confirmed Ratri feet give duration bonus to all spells and effects

Base spells were all getting a 20% boost (Absorbs, Endark, Drain, Dread) and with Drain 3 (NV/DS) duration is 5:06.
BiS Feet for Dark Magic confirmed, then.

Won't the hp boost ruin your drain a little?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-06-26 15:31:51  
Usually it doesn't for me if I'm casting Drain 3 at the start of a fight. My Dread Spikes set goes over 4.1k HP, so I change and wait for a cure before casting spikes. After that you can get in your Drain set which will have maxed HP even if the healer didn't cure you all the way.
By Ruaumoko 2017-06-29 07:37:54  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Ou more-or-less tanked by a DRK. Even after Zero Hour I ended up getting hate back.
[+]
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-06-29 10:17:22  
Ruaumoko said: »

Ou more-or-less tanked by a DRK. Even after Zero Hour I ended up getting hate back.

Thank you for your video.
By Ruaumoko 2017-06-29 10:39:52  
It's worth saying that Scarlet Delirium is really exploitable on Ou. You can get a moderately strong effect from it with Dancing Fullers (you stay in range while your tank runs out) and a very strong effect from it with Zero Hour.

Special attacks that deal high damage as well as having a long wind-up is more or less what Scarlet Delirium was made for.
By Odinz 2017-06-29 14:38:06  

Looks like a lot of fun. BTW, we call that "holding" - when tank goes down and you need a step-in until they've recovered.

As much as I love the way DRK is designed, I don't think there's a place for it in today's meta, not even for knowledgable and skilled DRKs like you.
Honestly, it's a lot of jaz to achieve the same thing a couple of other jobs could achieve with far less complications.
I am not intending to sound like a jerk here. Nothing against you personally, but 8 minutes to spare with ou? why did it take that long? The biggest issue my 5 man static has with Ou is triggering his HP gated mechanics 1 after another from too much DMG too soon. And we usually finish Ou (including taking on floor objectives) with minimum 40-43 minutes left to spare. and our tanks never die (and there should be no reason to - I tank Ou in AH gear RUN or PLD, don't even have Aegis or Ochain or Burtgang)

Again this is not personal, I'm not intending to be hostile at all. All I am saying is everything added up together, I don't see DRK or your strat being useful or shedding any light on anything.

Please forgive me if I sound negative. I'm trying to be objective without sounding rude.

I would add that I think DRK, WAR and SAM shine in full buffed situations when the objective is to just kill something as fast as possible without any risk of HP triggered mechanics causing a fail. Its not secret that SMN at the moment is the hot ***, but that is because not many people have the knowledge or experience to take a DRK, WAR or SAM to things like Albumen and watch it melt in 20 seconds when fully buffed. They think 60 second SMN Astral Conduit burns are good because they haven't seen a DRK spamming Torcleaver for 99k with his war buddy doing 99k resolutions, or a Doji SAM doing over 800k DMG in 1 round of Radiance.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-06-29 15:11:48  
Odinz said: »
Looks like a lot of fun. BTW, we call that "holding" - when tank goes down and you need a step-in until they've recovered.

True, but I was holding hate even after the tank had recovered and I was still damaging it down steadily.

As much as I love the way DRK is designed, I don't think there's a place for it in today's meta, not even for knowledgable and skilled DRKs like you.
Honestly, it's a lot of jaz to achieve the same thing a couple of other jobs could achieve with far less complications.
What is today's meta exactly? SMN burning everything? MS Resol spamming everything? I like to, and so do many in my group, engage and defeat a fight's mechanics rather than "X all the things". I hear you on the 'jaz' though, DRK has a lot of levers to pull to function properly - but I like that in a job as it keeps me actively engaged with the gaming experience.

I am not intending to sound like a jerk here. Nothing against you personally, but 8 minutes to spare with ou? why did it take that long? The biggest issue my 5 man static has with Ou is triggering his HP gated mechanics 1 after another from too much DMG too soon. And we usually finish Ou (including taking on floor objectives) with minimum 40-43 minutes left to spare. and our tanks never die (and there should be no reason to - I tank Ou in AH gear RUN or PLD, don't even have Aegis or Ochain or Burtgang)

This is because we had a VERY eventful run where I disconnected prior to this recording, our first attempt in this run was an Ou reset because Torcleaver whiffed at the worst possible moment. None of us were expecting our tank to randomly drop dead and since we had already had issues in this run so we decided to play it safe and not risk anything.

Again this is not personal, I'm not intending to be hostile at all. All I am saying is everything added up together, I don't see DRK or your strat being useful or shedding any light on anything.

Please forgive me if I sound negative. I'm trying to be objective without sounding rude.

I would add that I think DRK, WAR and SAM shine in full buffed situations when the objective is to just kill something as fast as possible without any risk of HP triggered mechanics causing a fail. Its not secret that SMN at the moment is the hot ***, but that is because not many people have the knowledge or experience to take a DRK, WAR or SAM to things like Albumen and watch it melt in 20 seconds when fully buffed. They think 60 second SMN Astral Conduit burns are good because they haven't seen a DRK spamming Torcleaver for 99k with his war buddy doing 99k resolutions, or a Doji SAM doing over 800k DMG in 1 round of Radiance.
Objectivity is important, and I respect it. The purpose of me doing videos like these is to encourage players to take up roles or do things in-game they'd normally be hesitant to do so without visual aids to point them in the right direction.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-29 16:04:40  

so rather then play a job we enjoy (it is a videogame after all) and pushing a job to the far end of its perspective abilities, we should just war/smn/blu all the things? Please just leave all you do in the drk forums is basically say we have no place in the content of today's game which many of us can prove/argue against. Its as small minded as thinking apo has 0 place when low man /oshi situations it shines (not saying its better then rag/cala/lib, just another tool in the chest). Seriously why do you come here?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-29 16:08:38  
Also to raumoko, your videos and intentions are highly regarded by myself an many others keep up the fantastic play
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-29 16:52:53  
Vedder, This does not mean When I eat floor you get to tank! Put the idea back in the bag and let it ferment more!

Yes this is impressive, Yes I'm kinda Jelly, NO I do not want to sit dark(vedder) on the sidelines and make them come cor or war or blu or sam! Any group that supports a dark, specifically Needs to adjust to make them a piority. For me, Run is my go to DD job atm, and ved can tell you im about 60% a dd 40% a tank on it. With low or no buffs I'm better off coming Cor or Pld, where as Drk can less buffs can do more damage, and optimized buffs and understanding Drk still trumps my run, as do our Blu and RDM, and sometimes our Sam(lolbob). Welcome to come dark if you are at least as good as vedder on most content we do if you can handle that we wont gear toward your job over others.

With all that fluff and BS said: I love the video, makes me wana make Scythe come next in line after gun(almost done)
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-06-29 16:55:35  

Love the videos. Don't change a thing. I love that you use different jobs to do a variety of nms. It's refreshing. You don't need to dumb down and post videos doing mobs the same way everyone does(ala Smn burn or MS Reso Spam) just because most players don't know how to play their jobs to the fullest and have essentially become button mashers. Old school players are more worried about or knowledgeable players respect the fact that you can kill via multiple strategies or same strategy using multiple jobs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-06-29 17:44:31  
To Odinz: I really think you are looking at this the wrong way.

This is not a competitive PVP based HMO, or a FPS, or LoL. It's a PVE game with roots in building community and friendship. And the magic and a lot of fun in this game is the sheer amount of ways there are to customize yourself or groups to tackle problems and win encounters. You aren't trying to beat any other player, there are no better rewards for doing it faster.

The fact that it could have been done another superior way, or faster with different DPS is irrelevant. It's not a race, the goal is to get in there, and beat Ou. And Rua posted a video where his DRK tanks a good portion of the fight and showed a lot of people who may not have known DRK can handle that as you can see by a lot of other peoples posts.

This is a 15 year old game, and there aren't anymore trophy fights that let the FFXI world know you and your group are l33t. The fun is just getting you and your friends together, getting workable combos with the options you have available to you, and going to beat ***. And if you and your friends just like to always down things in the most efficient way possible, so be it it. It's a game and if that is what you find the most fun, that's what you should do. For me, a 25 minute Omen run just means 15 minutes less of entertainment than a 40 minute omen run that now I need to find something else to fill. I'd much rather look at my friends, try and balance not having anyone waste cards, and sometimes even CP, get on jobs they have fun playing, and go win.

Sometimes the community gets so blinded by forum discussion that they confuse not perfect or ideal with not possible or high risk. Posts like Rua's are a good thing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-29 17:45:38  
Sylph.Darkside said: »

Love the videos. Don't change a thing. I love that you use different jobs to do a variety of nms. It's refreshing. You don't need to dumb down and post videos doing mobs the same way everyone does(ala Smn burn or MS Reso Spam) just because most players don't know how to play their jobs to the fullest and have essentially become button mashers. Old school players are more worried about or knowledgeable players respect the fact that you can kill via multiple strategies or same strategy using multiple jobs.
This so much

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Vedder, This does not mean When I eat floor you get to tank! Put the idea back in the bag and let it ferment more!

Yes this is impressive, Yes I'm kinda Jelly, NO I do not want to sit dark(vedder) on the sidelines and make them come cor or war or blu or sam! Any group that supports a dark, specifically Needs to adjust to make them a piority. For me, Run is my go to DD job atm, and ved can tell you im about 60% a dd 40% a tank on it. With low or no buffs I'm better off coming Cor or Pld, where as Drk can less buffs can do more damage, and optimized buffs and understanding Drk still trumps my run, as do our Blu and RDM, and sometimes our Sam(lolbob). Welcome to come dark if you are at least as good as vedder on most content we do if you can handle that we wont gear toward your job over others.

With all that fluff and BS said: I love the video, makes me wana make Scythe come next in line after gun(almost done)
Hey your just lucky SE nerfed how I use to tank wyrms spellspamstyle lol, without that is be looking at spamming abs- and stun and would probably need /pld to keep hate.

On an unrelated note, still trying to get that holy grail of reis Augs on my torc sets, reliably hitting 25/30k with minimal buffs to over 35/40k with (nonzerg) spent 1000+ stones on ody head alone.... best so far was a 2STR/20acc/36atk/15wsacc which I guess is good for some sets. Hands are almost there 1vit/36acc/2Xatk/3wsdmg. Legs still far off too. What's best mobs to farm taupes off of? Ideally ill have a wsacc set and a wsdmg set.
Another note, I was having a less then stellar hit rate on Ou(maybe it was Fu) other night in tp set @1350ish acc but most ws(think all?) connected so I'm thinking need 1400 acc on him at least. Not sure what geo buffs were though but figured I would throw that out there
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-29 17:55:56  
Hi non-loldrg! Seriously, sidra is the bees knees, luv that flying rat lol
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-29 18:31:44  
We also have other changes planned, like increasing the max value of equipment properties such as “Samba duration+,” among others.

Did anyone else notice this? That seems interesting to me but there's not enough to go on I was assuming it strictly meant the jse capes (drain potency +40 yes please!) but maybe its something else?
 Asura.Berlon
user: Berlack
By Asura.Berlon 2017-07-03 06:13:19  
So i see on the OP this is the listed Tor set:
ItemSet 348903

Where does the 'Ratri' set of gear factor into this when you get SU3? Is it better than Odyssean if i dont have perfect ws dmg+ augument on it?

Also, my reso set is pretty identical to this:ItemSet 344971

Minus the rings / ammo. Im just finding it to be a really unreliable WS, like my numbers jump about from 5k-20k, im finding Torcleaver to be much more reliable at about 10k. Is there anything I can do? (this was on apex crabs)
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2017-07-03 06:39:21  
Ratri Set doesnt have any acc at all.
You don't want to use it for Torcleaver on anything serious.
 Asura.Berlon
user: Berlack
By Asura.Berlon 2017-07-03 06:43:05  
Asura.Ganno said: »
Ratri Set doesnt have any acc at all.
You don't want to use it for Torcleaver on anything serious.

Alrighty, so keep trying for WS DMG+ then
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-03 13:17:03  
Ratri gear has three uses. Well .. the feet has three uses while the rest only has two. The feet for Dark Magic duration. The set for Souleater if you use it .. and most importantly, the set (minus body) for Dread Spikes. I'm sitting on 4.1k HP with four Ratri pieces before any buffs. Don't TP/WS in this stuff unless you're a returning player with a tank trust doing adoulin content.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-03 13:34:26  
the legs/hands/head are just fine for cata/CR/Quietus. But yes, dont use it on GS ws's. A decently augged ody will outdo them.
 Sylph.Wasenshi
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2017-07-03 13:45:45  
The legs/head/hands are good for scythe WS
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-03 13:49:51  
Nq argosy leaves a lot to be desired too unfortunately but is a good stop gap on the way to af1+2/3 //HQ argosy //aug'd odyssean+Valorous. You're on the right path by all means just keep pushing :)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-03 14:22:23  
I guess Ratri is ok for scythe WS if you can't get better. Personally I wouldn't use them unless they were HQ Ratri and I knew my accuracy wouldn't suffer. Scythe needs accuracy .. it doesn't have native +60 (+75 with aftermath) like Ragnarok does.
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 203 204 205