Worth Leveling Just To Do NNI?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Worth Leveling just to do NNI?
Worth Leveling just to do NNI?

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-25 14:44:28  
If you are going before nerf, a lamp SCH really only needs an Enhancing set and a cure set for floor 100.

After nerf or as follow SCH, you need enhancing, cure, nuking...it becomes more complicated for sure.

If you have BLU lvld and geared, just make an Almace and you're good to go. Otherwise, you can get the gear needed for lamp SCH in about 2 days.

No matter what you do, NNI is not hard right now compared to how it was, or will be. Do whatever you can gear the fastest and start using those tags, I doubt SE will give warning when Embrava nerf comes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2012-12-25 15:49:46  
I would definitely just go with SCH, I think I had it leveled and geared up to 500 enhancing in a week or so, the elemental staves didn't take too long if you do it in abyssea and have a puller(they're not exactly essential either)!

500 enhancing without rubeus boots:

Edit: You can look at my SCH.xml if you want to see some examples of gear and it's a pretty decent xml! I don't know if automatic:arts/addendum works yet, it was broken in the update but it's really useful if they fixed it!

My gear is nowhere near fantastic, lots of room for improvement!
SCH.xml

And I never said 500 enhancing was a requirement ~(*' - '*)~
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-12-25 16:05:52  
You dont need 500 enhancing for SCH NNI. I know plenty of NNI teams who are 15/15 w/o 500 enhancing SCH's.

As mentioned in the SCH thread, 500 enhancing for NNI is just over-rated. If you plan on using your sch for other events like PW, Legion etc then yah you should get 500 enhancing otherwise 450~ skill haste(spell) is fine for NNI purposes.

You should carry at least a basic nuke set. They help a lot for mousses and puddings. Even if you are designated the lamp SCH, the floor school may die and you may get asked to cover the floor.

DRK isn't hard to gear for NNI. The major pieces you'll need are af3+2 head for NNI. You don't need OAT GS for NNI, yes It's a great GS(i personally own one one my main) but I got NNI gear for my alt using hoarfrost blade off Ig'alima.

This is the set I used for my alt, until I got him better gear.

Head: Af3+2 head
Neck: Ganesha's Collar is better than rancor collar if you have that.
Body: Ace's Mail/Af3+2 Body/Porthos Byrnie are all easily obtainable.
Hands: Avant+1 are great until you can use Phorcys Mitts

If you do plan on using DRK for NNI I would suggest you obtain some Phorcys gear for your DRK since that will help with with both melee and WS dmg in NNI.
 Leviathan.Sagiaurex
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sagiaurex
By Leviathan.Sagiaurex 2012-12-25 16:36:42  
gonna go with everyone else on SCH here, the gear isn't terrible to obtain if you have people willing to help you.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Drygell
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2012-12-25 17:15:19  
just go have a look at prothescar post on the blu forum for blu gear (tp set / cdc / physical set and curing set are what you'll be using mainly even though i'd still recommend a requiescat set with requiescat 5/5 ).beware that blu is heavily depending on gear swapping and inventory dependant ... don't go the blu road if you're not prepared for it that all i've gotta say (btw i do NNI on blu since it's been my main job for the last 4 years)

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2012-12-25 18:13:29  
Don't let the sch sets scare you. I'm not one for being totally gimp, but 500 skill isn't necessary to win. With the haste spell (15%) you only need 29% haste from embrava to cap magic haste. That's 435 skill. The extra regen on embrava between 450 and 500 skill is only 7/tick which isn't much when you are already getting 120/tick. The main upshoot to getting 500 skill is the extra tick of regain.

So really the only significant difference between 435 enhancing and 500 enhancing is 1/tick regain. You can decide if that is worth putting together a set that includes high priced items that will crash with the nerf and rare/ex items with a 1% drop rate.

A very ghetto set will get you to 435 (with capped skill only need 31 skill from gear) and with proper stratagem use (and more importantly good dd's) will give you a solid win rate.

af legs 15
alex torque 7
af ammo 4
grip 3
savant head +2 10
merciful cape 5
augmented aby feet 4-5

That's 48-49 right there on stuff that you can get in a day with no gil investement. That will put you over 450 and the only difference between you and someone that spent millions of gil and most likely many hours of voidwatch to make a perfect set will be 7/tick regen and 1/tick regain. That won't cause a loss 99.9% of the time.

Having said that, most people who do spend the time/gil to max sets tend to be the better players. But I think this is one of those fringe situations where I have seen people will a billion gil worth of gear on their other jobs who 'settle' for having a quick and dirty set on sch just to get the job done. You may get backlash from real scholars (I know I have), but you aren't trying to be a real scholar, you are trying to equip jobs you are interested in maxing.

If you have to make a choice between going with 435-450 enhancing gear and starting nyzul right away and farming for two weeks to get a 500 set you will be better served by starting nyzul right away.

And if you have to make a choice between putting together a less than optimal set for sch in nyzul vs putting together a less than optimal set for any other job you would bring, then playing sch is the obvious choice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-12-25 18:30:10  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Many thanks for the help guys, looks like the DRK set you posted isnt hard to obtain at all minus the pricey bought pieces and the GS I cant obtain since i dont do VNM's yet. Just wondering if someone feels like posting what a pre NNI TP set for Blue >_> since for some reason Almace seems 1000x easier to obtain than Vere.
Ig'alima is a t6 VW in Valkrum dunes. You dont even need to be on his tier yet to participate VW Ig'Alima.

The fact that you have BLU99 will get you a spot in a VW shout. That GS has a very high drop rate also. If your BLU is geared well enough you could do the Almace route as suggested.

As far as Avant +1 substitutes...umm you "could" use af3+2 gloves. You'll be over haste cap so your only gaining accuracy and attack which is never bad from bale gauntlets+2.

Which are technically free. Avant+1 would be better.

Is it 435 Enhancing? I thought it was around the 450 ballpark? Some NNI groups are picky with enhancing magic skill- so that's is something to take in mind. Kirins Pole+ augments, will more than likely, cost you more than avant+1 take that in mind.

EDIT: I forgot to add you can get that Fay Staff from the Grauber[S] fight. Which is basically free and gets up to 8 enhancing magic? (havn't done that fight in years so can't remember the cap)

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-25 20:11:57  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Siren.Barber said: »
Don't let the sch sets scare you. I'm not one for being totally gimp, but 500 skill isn't necessary to win. With the haste spell (15%) you only need 29% haste from embrava to cap magic haste. That's 435 skill. The extra regen on embrava between 450 and 500 skill is only 7/tick which isn't much when you are already getting 120/tick. The main upshoot to getting 500 skill is the extra tick of regain.

So really the only significant difference between 435 enhancing and 500 enhancing is 1/tick regain. You can decide if that is worth putting together a set that includes high priced items that will crash with the nerf and rare/ex items with a 1% drop rate.

A very ghetto set will get you to 435 (with capped skill only need 31 skill from gear) and with proper stratagem use (and more importantly good dd's) will give you a solid win rate.

af legs 15
alex torque 7
af ammo 4
grip 3
savant head +2 10
merciful cape 5
augmented aby feet 4-5

That's 48-49 right there on stuff that you can get in a day with no gil investement. That will put you over 450 and the only difference between you and someone that spent millions of gil and most likely many hours of voidwatch to make a perfect set will be 7/tick regen and 1/tick regain. That won't cause a loss 99.9% of the time.

Having said that, most people who do spend the time/gil to max sets tend to be the better players. But I think this is one of those fringe situations where I have seen people will a billion gil worth of gear on their other jobs who 'settle' for having a quick and dirty set on sch just to get the job done. You may get backlash from real scholars (I know I have), but you aren't trying to be a real scholar, you are trying to equip jobs you are interested in maxing.

If you have to make a choice between going with 435-450 enhancing gear and starting nyzul right away and farming for two weeks to get a 500 set you will be better served by starting nyzul right away.

And if you have to make a choice between putting together a less than optimal set for sch in nyzul vs putting together a less than optimal set for any other job you would bring, then playing sch is the obvious choice.
You sir, all my +'s. Thanks for the support and "ghetto set" suggestion. I totally agree it would be better to be subpar on SCH than a DD Class :P Im just a bit overwhelmed when reading the scholar guide in the "NNI" section. Seems like a lot of responsibilities are written in there that I need to start grasping :/.

If you can find a group that has an above average SCH to be the "follow" SCH there will be nothing to overwhelm you. Make an embrava set with 450 enhancing, make a macro for accession, perpetuate, penury for regen v and embrava, make a macro with accession/perpetuance for other buffs, and make a macro with rapture for cures. Then just stand at the lamp and go up ??? Floors as fast as you can. That's all I did and I'm 14/15.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Shagg
サーバ: Ifrit
user: shagg
By Ifrit.Shagg 2013-01-11 12:25:46  
Siren.Barber said: »
With the haste spell (15%) you only need 29% haste from embrava to cap magic haste. That's 435 skill.
just wanted to point out this is a common miscalculation. embrava grants you 1% haste independent of skill, which means that (assuming your hasted to begin with) you hit the magic haste cap at 420 skill. i see ppl demanding 450+ for nni runs who won't listen to reason or math, and am forced to just walk away shaking my head.
 Sylph.Agentblade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-01-11 12:35:51  
On sylph everyone wants emp/relic DD for NNI. I have been buildign a calad for my drk just for NNI so i can get in. The jobs i play often are well geared but not needed, such as arma cor, mandau thf and kan nin. As much as i hate regearing old jobs i dont play no more just to do an event is sometimes the only way to go. Its always a time sink to regear, but atleast if you got skills, gearing should only be your top priority!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-01-11 13:15:50  
For the lamp sch, just have a decent enhancing set. I am the lamp sch on 90% of the runs I do. The other sch will 2hr first, and while he is doing that, I'm casting pro and shell, then on each of the next few floors, I'll do an AoE buff with each jump, casting Regen 5, firestorm, enthunder, phalanx. This leaves the other sch to focus on heals and haste only. Just listen to your group, and be ready to AoE erase or stona.