users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-03 10:33:40  
Yeah I wish I could get a Crit Damage +10% cape, would be great for MS zergs or even high crit WS's like Ukko's.
By Rainemard 2018-01-03 15:17:40  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Yeah I wish I could get a Crit Damage +10% cape, would be great for MS zergs or even high crit WS's like Ukko's.
Exactly my thoughts, running out of WAR capes to make but remembered incorrectly. :/
By Dsuza 2018-01-03 21:34:16  
Hey guys, I hope you have all been doing well, and Happy New Year!

I have been away from the game for a while, and plan on updating my GS WAR a bit.

Are the "Dream" Greatsword TP and WS sets up to (Or pretty much up to) date with all the current BiS equipment?

Thank you very much in advance for taking the time,
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-03 21:37:17  
yeak, the sets themselves should be
By maxiel 2018-01-06 04:39:57  
I think it's been said to use a DA/Vit Ambuscade cape for Upheaval at 1k tp. Is the gap between a WSD/Vit Cape and multi attack one that big enough to make another cape worth it? I got a lot of capes I want to queue up for my other jobs, so dunno if I'm safe to just get on with it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-06 18:53:19  
maxiel said: »
I think it's been said to use a DA/Vit Ambuscade cape for Upheaval at 1k tp. Is the gap between a WSD/Vit Cape and multi attack one that big enough to make another cape worth it? I got a lot of capes I want to queue up for my other jobs, so dunno if I'm safe to just get on with it.

Depends, do you have a Chango or not?

With Chango you almost never do Upheaval under 2K TP, so the VIT/DA version not used. If your using a different GAXE that changes.
By Darkvlade 2018-01-18 07:29:18  
Hello fellow wars can anyone take a look at this war.lua and see if there’s anything wrong with it since gearswap won’t launch it or display any error message as to why is not loading, cant remember who I got this one from in here, but if anyone can help or share a similar working one it will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

War.lua that won’t load/launch...
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-18 08:01:24  
You get no message at all when you try to load it? Not even WAR.lua loaded message? If so I think there might be something else wrong. I see no specific syntax errors with the lua. There are a few errors, mostly involving Cichol's mantle augments.
Code
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+30','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}}}

--should be
back = { name = "Cichol's Mantle", augments = {'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20', 'STR+10', '"Dbl.Atk."+10',}}

This is wrong. The STR +30 is actually two separate augments. One for 20, and one for 10. All of your instances of Cichol's Mantle are wrong in the file. Some even have STR+30, Acc/Atk +20, Acc +10, DA +10.

In your job abilities section you have an unneeded break character for warrior's charge
Code
sets.JA["Warrior\'s Charge"]

--should be
sets.JA["Warrior's Charge"]
-- or
sets.JA['Warrior\'s Charge']

In your Waltz rules you have old style TP specified for Waltzes. 25, 35, 50 TP per waltz instead of 250, 350, 500.

I can't see any specific syntax errors that would cause it to fail to load, and even if it did you should get a message that says something to the effect of WAR.lua failed to load due to error on line xxx.
By Darkvlade 2018-01-18 08:08:01  
Changes done, thanks Shadow, see below:

Revised War lua...

Ill try those changes when I get home tonite shadow, the cichols manyle augments I just copied/pasted from doing //gs export but I’ll change it the way you mentioned.

Along with the tp waltzes, and is like you said, not a damm message or failed error to get an idea as to what is causing it not to launch.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-18 08:41:56  
I don't have an example of Cichol's that I can show you, but this is my Smertrios's Mantle from my sam.lua
Code
gear.smertrios.ws = {name = "Smertrios's Mantle", augments = {'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}

I think the offending Cichol's mantle is the top one.
By Darkvlade 2018-01-18 18:50:49  
Tried to load it again after making corrections and nothing happened, did //gs validate and got this response: "There's nothing to validate because there's no file loaded".
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-19 08:13:45  
is it in your data folder? If it's in a sub directory other than your character's name you'll have to tell gearswap where it is.

\\gs load [subdirectoryname]/WAR.lua I think would be the command
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2018-01-19 08:49:07  
Darkvlade said: »
Tried to load it again after making corrections and nothing happened, did //gs validate and got this response: "There's nothing to validate because there's no file loaded".

Not a windower user, but that message could mean it didnt load because of a previous error in the first place, so a reload has nothing to reload (ashita is similar).

Did you try loading instead of reloading it?
By Rainemard 2018-01-19 09:03:55  
https://pastebin.com/d0076jRH

Need some help on my warrior lua. Currently I have three problems:

1. When I swap jobs, my mainweapon list doesn't reload. I know why it's not doing that, since it's binds_on_load, but I want it to bind on subjob change too, is there a way of doing this? Currently, if I //gs reload after changing job, the function works properly and loads the correct mainweapon list. I just don't know how to make the bindings reload on subjob change, need help with that.

2. When I reload gs, or log in, whichever loads my war lua, --Rest's bindings won't actually equip the correct weapon. It'll show the message "Main weapon is now Ragnarok" for example, but it won't actually equip Ragnarok. If I cycle through my mainweapon list with f11 however, every bind works correctly. If I press windows + 1 after pressing f11 once, it'll both show the message and equip the weapon correctly. No idea on how to fix this.

3. I'm trying to make a rule for Kings Justice that reads when blood rage is up, it will cancel the WS and use Ukko's Fury instead. I've tried this under the function that determines what upheaval set to use at lowtp/hightp, where I've written:
Code
if spell.english == 'Kings Justice' and buffactive['Blood Rage'] then
		cancel_spell()
		send_command('@input /ws "Ukkos Fury" <t>')
end

I've tried with both cancel_spell() and command_registry:delete_entry(), but neither of the will cancel King's Justice. I'm not sure how to make this work, would really appreciate support in making the cancel command work.

I've posted this in GS help thread a while ago but I got no responses there so I'm trying my luck here. Thanks for helping out in advance, really appreciate it. Trying to make this lua as smooth as possible.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-19 09:38:48  
Don't know about 1 and 2. I'm not at all familiar with motes files.

"King's Justice"

That should fix it.
By Rainemard 2018-01-19 09:43:05  
'Kings Justice' = King's Justice, look at the pastebin, the rest of my 'Kings Justice' rules work (lowtp / hightp). Unfortunately that doesn't fix anything.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-19 09:56:16  
If spell.english == 'Kings Justice' shouldn't be working. Do the mote files map it differently?

if you put an windower.add_to_chat(80, 'Test') inside the if, does it fire?
By Rainemard 2018-01-19 10:01:09  
Code
	if spell.english == 'Upheaval' and buffactive['Warcry'] then
		equipSet = sets.precast.WS['Upheaval'].HighTP
		equip(equipSet)

and
Code
	if spell.english == 'Kings Justice' and buffactive['Warcry'] then
		equipSet = sets.precast.WS['Scourge']
		equip(equipSet)

both work though, so if spell.english == 'Kings Justice' seems to be legitimate.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-19 10:06:08  
Your default WS set sets.precast.WS exactly mirrors the sets.precast.WS['Scourge'] set. I'm betting that is why it seems like it is working. My question is does it ever equip the sets.precast.WS['Kings Justice'] set that you have that builds off of Resolution?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-19 10:13:00  
Specifically I'm saying that the following shouldn't work at all.
Code
sets.precast.WS['Kings Justice'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Resolution'], {neck="Caro Necklace", waist="Grunfeld Rope"})

This set probably never equips.
Code
if spell.english == 'Kings Justice' and buffactive['Warcry'] then
        equip(equipSet)
    elseif spell.english == 'Kings Justice' and player.tp > 1750 then
        equip(equipSet)
    end

These rules probably don't work, but they seem to because

sets.precast.WS['Scourge'] is the same as sets.precast.WS

My guess is that when you use King's Justice, it always equips sets.precast.WS.
By Rainemard 2018-01-19 10:19:17  
Just checked, my upheaval set seems to be loading correctly, you're half right about King's Justice not working properly. At 3k tp it correctly switches to the ['Scourge'] set, but at 1k tp it uses the precast.WS set (fotia being the difference). I tried using "King's Justice", same problem.
Code
if spell.english == "King's Justice" and buffactive['Blood Rage'] then
    cancel_spell()

doesn't work so far.

You're also right about King's Justice not equipping my ['Resolution'] set.

Edit: Same for my regular Ukko's Fury set, also doesn't equip. What's the syntax to fix this?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-19 10:25:00  
Line 679: Change to
sets.precast.WS["King's Justice"]

Line 827/830: Change to
spell.english == "King's Justice"

That should fix the current issues with equipsets

For the new rule, where are you placing the code? I would guess it should go right at the beginning of the job_post_precast function. Maybe?
By Rainemard 2018-01-19 10:27:14  
Code
	if spell.english == 'Upheaval' and buffactive['Warcry'] then
		equip(equipSet)
	elseif spell.english == 'Upheaval' and player.tp > 1750 then
		equip(equipSet)
	end
	if spell.english == "King's Justice" and buffactive['Warcry'] then
		equip(equipSet)
	elseif spell.english == "King's Justice" and player.tp > 1750 then
		equip(equipSet)
	elseif spell.english == "King's Justice" and buffactive['Blood Rage'] then
		cancel_spell()
	end

end
By Rainemard 2018-01-19 10:32:19  
Alright, thanks for the help, got it working properly now. Thought the issue was that I was using cancel_spell() wrong, but this seems to have solved issue #3. #1 and #2 however... /shudder

Thanks a lot for helping, appreciate it!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-19 10:36:06  
It might not be firing because you are over 1750 TP. Pull it out of the if > elseif block and make it a separate if. Also in the interest of promoting more efficient code, might I suggest
Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
  if spell.english == "King's Justice" and buffactive['Blood Rage'] then
    eventArgs.cancelled = true -- Think this is a good idea with mote files, can't remember
    cancel_spell()
    send_command('@input /ws "Ukko\'s Fury" <t>')
    return eventArgs
  end

-- Rest of the job_post_precast function as you have it.

if spell.english == 'Upheaval' and (player.tp > 1750 or buffactive['Warcry']) then
    equip(equipSet)
  end

if spell.english == "King's Justice" and (player.tp > 1750 or buffactive['Warcry']) then
    equip(equipSet)
  end
end

Edit: Larger question, you may want to consider this rule a bit more. King's Justice is a very good link in some multi-step SCs. Unless Ukko's Fury sits in the same SC spot, you could really mess up SCs just by accidentally having Blood Rage up.
By Rainemard 2018-01-19 10:56:41  
It's the exact same SC property, apart from ukko's being able to Lv4 light.

Anyone else able to help me with problem #1 and #2? Feel like my lua is the way I want after fixing those two. :)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-19 11:02:26  
King's Justice > Full Break > King's Justice > Upheaval > *Upheaval (with Chango)
Ukko's Fury > Full Break > Ukko's Fury > Upheaval > *Upheaval (with Chango)

Make the same double light SC?

Looking at your function a bit more, you might want to consider either removing the Sekkanoki rule all together (might be redundant) or moving it to be before the rules for Mighty Strikes. For that matter, you might want to move the rules for Mighty Strikes to be after all the other rules.
By Rainemard 2018-01-19 11:07:16  
Good idea, I should do MS at the end there. Ukko's Fury and King's Justice both share Fragmentation and will both do Distortion with Full break, so shouldn't have any trouble. Unless I'm missing a point where the scission property of King's Justice actually kicks in, but I don't seem to see that anywhere. I could be using the wrong skillchain calculator though, FFXI Calculator 5.10 (ffxicalc).

Pretty sure the second to last upheaval and the second king's justice are supposed to be swapped for double light there.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-19 12:15:35  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
King's Justice > Full Break > King's Justice > Upheaval > *Upheaval (with Chango)
Ukko's Fury > Full Break > Ukko's Fury > Upheaval > *Upheaval (with Chango)

Neither of those will work, distortion doesn't link with fragmentation.

King's Justice -> Full Break -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> Upheaval / Ukko's (Double Light / Radiance)

Ukko's Fury -> Full Break -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> ect..

What your doing SC property wise is

Fragmentation -> Distortion -> Fusion -> Fragmentation -> Light
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-01-19 12:19:32  
Ahh, I just had it backwards. My bad.
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 224 225 226