サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-28 12:44:28  
My Upheaval sets

Low TP

ItemSet 350850

High TP

ItemSet 350857

Big issue is that pieces that have VIT and WSD don't have a lot of Acc and so you can easily nerf your accuracy in doing this, my initial set had over 100 less accuracy then my Chango TP set and that can be a big problem. I've had to make some compromises that give large acc gains for minimal loss in pure power. This is the problem with VIT based WS's, there is no Argosy like set made for them and Odyssean has a really shitty habit of giving you Cure Recieved and Fast Cast augments.

This is for Ukko's Fury

ItemSet 350858

Been debating on the back, currently it's +10% crit but with BR I'm over 7% above crit cap, so it might be best for me to switch it out to DA just for more frequently multi-attacks.

Curious note on Ukko's
20 / 35 / 55 Crit rates

With moonshade you have
23.75 / 40 / 55

With moonshade and Chango you have
31.25 / 50 / 55

With moonshade, Chango and Warcry (BR being down)
44 / 55 / 55

Add in WAR's 20% natural base crit rate and it's pretty easy to get high crits now.
[+]
By maldini 2017-04-29 07:47:11  
Have you posted your war lua before Saevel?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-29 09:12:22  
No, when people ask for it I just PM them the code. It's a constantly changing file and not based on motens.
By Odinz 2017-04-29 09:32:11  
Please PM the lua. I just finished AG Rag last week and today we are killing Zerd to finish my Chango. Already finished farming 90-95% of the other gear I've seen you guys post on this thread. Have about 300 cards for other jobs I'll be trading in to get +2 legs/feet/body
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2017-04-29 09:36:06  
Asura.Saevel said: »
This is for Ukko's Fury
Hmm..
I have begrudging ring instead of regal/ fotia and metalsinger instead of rancor/grunfeld.
You sure your setup is better?
Also my back for Uko's is 30 str/20acc-20atk/10 DA. Originally had the 10% crit back but my friend has identical gear to me and was getting better results with 10 DA.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-04-30 13:44:35  
Odd question.
A lot of people are talking about Attack caps when fully buffed and what songs/bubbles/rolls to use when adding bolster/SV/Crooked to situation.

I would say 90% of the DDs in my LS are running Resolution for these zergs (Reisenjima T4 specifically). How is the attack penalty handled on resolution and capped attack? Does the attack remain capped and then -20% at cap or should we be aiming for 120% attack of the cap and negate the penalty all together?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-04-30 13:58:18  
If a mob has 1000 defense and you have 3750 attack, you'd be capped on most WS. To cap attack with resolution you'd need 4412 attack.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-04-30 14:05:52  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
If a mob has 1000 defense and you have 3750 attack, you'd be capped on most WS. To cap attack with resolution you'd need 4412 attack.

Okay cool.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-30 14:37:15  
Asura.Fiasko said: »
Odd question.
A lot of people are talking about Attack caps when fully buffed and what songs/bubbles/rolls to use when adding bolster/SV/Crooked to situation.

I would say 90% of the DDs in my LS are running Resolution for these zergs (Reisenjima T4 specifically). How is the attack penalty handled on resolution and capped attack? Does the attack remain capped and then -20% at cap or should we be aiming for 120% attack of the cap and negate the penalty all together?

the -15% penalty (Requiescat is -20% and Drakes is something like -18.5%) is applied as a percentage in line with the rest but before cRatio is made.

(Base Attack * Berserk * Chaos * Fury * Atk_Penalty) / (Defense * Defense_Down)

Big boss's tend to have 2000 ~ 3000 defense depending, but Defense down can dramatically reduce it and has a greater effect then attack up. So be stacking Light Shot with Dia II / III and BoG or Bolster Frailty, maybe even Agnon when possible.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-30 22:33:54  
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
This is for Ukko's Fury
Hmm..
I have begrudging ring instead of regal/ fotia and metalsinger instead of rancor/grunfeld.
You sure your setup is better?
Also my back for Uko's is 30 str/20acc-20atk/10 DA. Originally had the 10% crit back but my friend has identical gear to me and was getting better results with 10 DA.

Neck is our weakest slot as the +fTP doesn't transfer to extra hits and there isn't too many other options. Moving the +5% Crit hit Rancor bonus to the neck free's up the ring slot for Regal which is 10 STR 10 DEX 20 Attack and possibly +15 acc from set bonus if you use the +3 Body or whatever. The belts are both about the same, Metalsinger has a bit more STR, Grunfeld has 1 more DA and some more accuracy, the results would be extremely close and I tend to error on the side of accuracy cause ***happens.

On the back I've been going back and forth as I have both backs. In that set I have 27% CHD (8+10+5+4) and at capped cRatio a crit is worth 26% more pDiff, the result being a crit is worth 60% damage boost for that hit and you roll a critical check on each hit vs just 2 DA checks per WS. One DA is worth 33% and you only get two checks per WS. They both are pretty close on what they add and neither is a bad choice.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-05-01 06:15:54  
Regal which is 10 STR 10 DEX 20 Attack
Thanks for shedding some light on the subject. Only seen one ring drop so far. Its been nothing but regal necklace.
By eliroo 2017-05-07 11:46:47  
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me help my friend out a bit. I am looking to gear his WAR efficiently enough to CP and maybe hit some T2 NMs. Problem is I have no idea what he needs to be able to do that.

Could anyone suggest a relatively "light" set that he could make use of and be somewhat effective. He wants to use Gaxe. I have up to T2 nms in all Escha zones accessible.

Mainly looking for a TP set that can function as a WS set with maybe a few pieces swapped out.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-05-07 12:20:03  
eliroo said: »
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me help my friend out a bit. I am looking to gear his WAR efficiently enough to CP and maybe hit some T2 NMs. Problem is I have no idea what he needs to be able to do that.

Could anyone suggest a relatively "light" set that he could make use of and be somewhat effective. He wants to use Gaxe. I have up to T2 nms in all Escha zones accessible.

Mainly looking for a TP set that can function as a WS set with maybe a few pieces swapped out.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50329/starting-war-gearsets/
This is the best place to start.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-05-17 14:34:15  
Just finished/afterglowed my Bravura

The hybrid set you can make with this thing is rather nice. -49% DT with -4% Phys Damage taken, Pretty high accuracy, 25/26% Haste
ItemSet 351277

Metatron Torment is actually pretty decent too. It's just nice having another tool in the arsenal.

Should also be 71% DA and 4% TA after gifts/traits. Main downside is the 6 hit.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-17 20:06:37  
this set over caps dt and is 5 hit.
ItemSet 351163
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-05-17 21:06:22  
IS it worth gaining a 5 hit, if it means going down to 21% Haste (Won't have the +1 belt realistically)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-17 23:06:42  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
IS it worth gaining a 5 hit, if it means going down to 21% Haste (Won't have the +1 belt realistically)

You missed one of your better items

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Souveran_Cuirass

Path B is HP+50, STR+10, Accuracy+10

Also with reguards to -DT, your armor slots are far more important then your accessories, so use them for -DT whenever possible.
Code
TP_Legs={name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+18 Attack+18','"Store TP"+6','AGI+7','Accuracy+8',}}

Acc_Head = {name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+25 Attack+25','Crit. hit damage +1%','DEX+7','Accuracy+15','Attack+10',}}

{ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
			    head=Acc_Head,neck="Loricate torque +1", ear1="Cessance earring", ear2="Telos earring",
			    body="Souveran cuirass +1",hands="Emicho Gauntlets +1",ring1="Moonbeam ring",ring2="Defending Ring",
			    back=DA_Back,waist="Ioskeha belt",legs=TP_Legs,feet="Valorous greaves"}

Don't need to use the exact thing but something similar to that should work out.

Bravura is 20
Defending Ring is 10
Loricate Neck is 6
Moonbeam Ring is 4
The Body is 9/10
Ammo is 2 and you want the ammo anyway cause status ailments like amnesia suck ***.

That leaves almost all your armor slots and several accessories open. This is Bravura "I don't want to die" set, so it won't be 100% pure DPS as your essentially spamming MT. And yeah MT is really nice damage, 2.75 fTP (acts like 4.13 after gorget/belt + Relic Bonus) one hit with 80% STR mod. Pile on WSD and STR for it to do solid numbers, not crazy high but enough to maintain constant DPS while you've become extremely hard to kill.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-18 11:10:35  
Ya there are so many DT options on war, you can find a lot of ways to reach that -50dt and maintain a 5 hit. NQ souvern is 9 dt and ammo is 2, so will put you at 51DT with what saevel posted which is pretty spot on for DT set since I believe due to rounding SE's way and what not you actually need 51 to truly cap?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-05-18 11:20:14  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
Ya there are so many DT options on war, you can find a lot of ways to reach that -50dt and maintain a 5 hit. NQ souvern is 9 dt and ammo is 2, so will put you at 51DT with what saevel posted which is pretty spot on for DT set since I believe due to rounding SE's way and what not you actually need 51 to truly cap?
When I did my testing in '14 it was normally 52% needed for most sets but I found any wheres from 51 to 54%. Best bet is to go test on 1k needles if your taking more then 500 DMG you need to stack more.

'14 PDT Testing
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-05-18 11:21:48  
If all armor is x10 their shown value / 1024, you'll need 51.2% to cap. I think most armor is a bit less than what's listed, similar to haste. So aim for 52%
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-18 11:25:21  
I want to say most newer (~SoA+) haste gear tended to be more generous with their values, so I'm surprised the same isn't true for DT.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-05-18 12:37:08  
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to tweak things a bit.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-18 17:27:59  
With all the retaliation gear now, would it be worth using that in your dt set? I would assume if your in a dt set its because you are being hit....
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-18 22:25:46  
With all the retaliation gear now, would it be worth using that in your dt set? I would assume if your in a dt set its because you are being hit....

Sadly no it's still not worth it. Retaliation only procs when the enemy attacks you, and unless it's a MNK doing hundred fists they don't attack often enough to outweigh the benefit of other gear. Retaliation's greatest benefit is the bonus TP it generates and +retaliation gear only raises the damage done.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-05-19 00:36:12  

Sadly no it's still not worth it. Retaliation only procs when the enemy attacks you, and unless it's a MNK doing hundred fists they don't attack often enough to outweigh the benefit of other gear. Retaliation's greatest benefit is the bonus TP it generates and +retaliation gear only raises the damage done.

I made a set just for fast attacking enemies. The Retaliation damage+ crit damage you can get, is pretty nice when you have Rag's AM/Blood Rage up.

It's very situational, but for fun I countered Emperor Arthro to death. Or for some reason if you are fighting Mandys (WoE?) it eats them up.
By geigei 2017-05-19 04:30:51  
Something wrong with cloudsplitter formula inside sheet? adding founder gear in set actually lowers dmg.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-21 15:36:42  
Anyone have a lua that has a weapon toggle? I know ive seen a few in the past, but I cant seem to pinpoint them. Having like 6 weapons I actively use on war it would be nice to redo my whole lua lol.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-21 15:56:35  
Anyone have a lua that has a weapon toggle? I know ive seen a few in the past, but I cant seem to pinpoint them. Having like 6 weapons I actively use on war it would be nice to redo my whole lua lol.

You shouldn't be changing your Main / Sub via macro, that's just asking for something to break in the middle of a fight. What you can do is have the aftercast set to check your main and then determine your TP set from that, kinda clunky but it works. Or have a send_command / bind that checks your main and then sets the appropriate TP value from that.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-21 16:45:15  
I use one on my drk lua, never have had an issue. Im trying to modify that now, ill post the lua once I get it done, if i get it done lol :D
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 224 225 226