Returning... Maybe?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Returning... maybe?
Returning... maybe?
 Asura.Tattersail
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-10 06:47:28  
So, it's been ages since I played FFXI. I've seriously been considering going back to Vana'Diel.

I've been wondering on how the community has changed on Asura, if there are still old friends playing or not and well basically the general gist of things.

Dissuade me or tempt me, my fellow Asurans ;)
By Purty 2013-01-10 06:52:39  
Do urself a favor and just play the new ff14 :p
 Asura.Tattersail
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-10 07:01:50  
I applied for Beta. So 11 would be something to occupy me until then.
By sprinkles84 2013-01-10 07:10:30  
I wouldnt bother unless you have a specific aim..

Too many people log in and go.. "eh what to do." and end up wasting hours in Port Jeuno because they dont have am aim/ambition.
 Asura.Tattersail
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-10 07:15:44  
Well my goal would be to troll as many noobs as I can. Bring them to somewhere random and abando-... Waitwut, no that's a horrible thing to do! =P
Kidding ;)

There was always plenty to do. I'd pretty much pick up where I left off. Level up, do the grind. Finish any and all missions/quests. Join the ever fun die-in-a-mess, Besieged. All the fun things.
And most of all, die lots and graciously.
 Shiva.Moogleking
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2013-01-10 07:56:55  
Asura.Tattersail said: »
Well my goal would be to troll as many noobs as I can. Bring them to somewhere random and abando-... Waitwut, no that's a horrible thing to do! =P
Kidding ;)

There was always plenty to do. I'd pretty much pick up where I left off. Level up, do the grind. Finish any and all missions/quests. Join the ever fun die-in-a-mess, Besieged. All the fun things.
And most of all, die lots and graciously.
You probably wouldnt die in besieged nowadays at lvl 99. But yeah theres a ton of stuff to do if you came back. (Get your jobs to 99, abyssea, legion, voidwatch, dynamis, neo nyzul isle)
 Asura.Tattersail
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-10 07:59:54  
Yep, yep. I'd need to level the BRD and BLM to 99. Get the subjobs to 50. HUZZAH! Get the merits capped.

I loved doing Besieged and Die-in-a-mess. The new ones, not a clue. I abandoned Vana'Diel to its fate in 2009.
 Shiva.Moogleking
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2013-01-10 08:07:23  
Well you get way more xp for besieged and campaign battle now. But would get the fastest xp in a abyssea party.
 Asura.Tattersail
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-10 08:12:07  
Wasn't that always the way? New area = better place for meripo/xp parties.

Ah the lure of Vana'Diel~
 Sylph.Wardeniii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-01-10 08:40:15  
The draw of curb-stomping LV. 75 content at 99, along with the ease of getting XP in abyssea is generally enough to keep returning players entertained for at least a month or two it seems.

The rest depends upon individual motivation to actually become acquainted enough with abyssea to start getting the bare-bones updates in gear required to start tipping the dominos towards actually participating in the current end-game content (Arch-Odin, ADL, and Legion).
 Asura.Tattersail
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-10 08:43:03  
Thanks for the input.

It'd be nice to finish up the unfinished business from the old expansions. I always enjoyed exploring the new options and possibilities. As long as it involves a lot of death and despair, I'm good =D
 Asura.Tattersail
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-14 03:17:09  
Welp. I dunnit! ;)

Reactivated, reinstalled.... OH LOOKIT! Massive update! XD
That was a ton of fun. Curious as to what I'll find when I log back in and have time to look around =D
By Areayea 2013-01-14 03:18:29  
congrats, if you were on phoenix I'd say sup lol but asura is cool I know a few ppl from there
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-01-14 06:45:49  
Asura.Tattersail said: »
So, it's been ages since I played FFXI. I've seriously been considering going back to Vana'Diel.

I've been wondering on how the community has changed on Asura, if there are still old friends playing or not and well basically the general gist of things.

Dissuade me or tempt me, my fellow Asurans ;)
TATTY! I saw you online the other day! You were on POL! Possibly updating the game?

Hit me up when u're online <3
These days I'm mostly busy doin dynamis daily, but if I'm free and u need help with sumethin I'll be glad to do what I can! <3<3<3
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-01-14 06:46:45  
In before Tatty forgot who I am :(
 Asura.Tattersail
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-14 08:56:06  
I remember you Sechs. I was indeed making the updates whilst appropriately damning SE for the update lol

I logged in today and realised, I do not remember half of the commands XD
Should be fun when redoing all the macros and whatnot.

I'll poke ya when I'm on =D