users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Vice of Antipathy
Vice of Antipathy
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-23 12:31:29  
I have been farming for this over the last week, and it is absolutely shocking.

The HQ Aern Organs can be a real pain sometimes, you can go an hour without seeing one, then two suddenly drop, even with Max TH, but that isn't the annoying part. I have fought Ix'Aern about 15 times now on its own roughly, and 3 times with the full trio of MNK and mages.

I have seen so many deeds so far. I was wondering what luck others have had on this NM. Would people say that it is better to keep popping the Ix'Aern on its own, rather then pop all three?

Also I am under the impression that TH has no use on this NM, due to the fact only one item can drop off it. It is usually the case on NMs like that, that it is a fixed drop rate.

There is a 33% chance of an item dropping by spawning the MNK on its own, and it is much easier to kill (Don't need any pet foods), while spawning the full trio is a 100% drop of an item, but requires a number of pet foods, and takes a lot longer. I actually spent hours the other day and got 10 HQ Organs, and I have one left now, despite picking up 5 or 6 inbetween pops. I read somewhere that the Vice is roughly a 5% drop, is that right? Thanks for any info on your experiences.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Subzerox
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Subzerox 2013-03-14 00:14:21  
This NM is a real pain no matter what. My numbers were all with TH7:
1 Organ: 8/15 getting a drop all 8 Deeds
2 Organs: 0/3 on getting a drop.
3 Organs: 4/4 (100% of course on the drop rate) 1/4 to get the cape.
Since I did not do as many 2 and 3 Organ pops I can't say for sure if they have a better or worse rate of dropping the cape. But, it just so happened that it was on a 3 Organ pop I finaly got mine.
Don't know if this helped any as I know this is a reply to a January post. But good luck to anyone who is hunting this.
 Ragnarok.Klife
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-03-14 00:25:41  
i was about to farm this in the next few days. so kinda useful, as i'll just try with 3 item and see. thanks for taking time to reply even if its 49 days necro bumping. i'll also post my result. (id + if i wasnt through a proxy at work)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Eijj
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Eijii
By Carbuncle.Eijj 2013-03-14 00:35:48  
Or play the Mog Bonanza, that's how I got mine!
 Ragnarok.Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-03-14 00:40:36  
i played! 10 char, got 10 statue and a scythe.. so bare minimum for what i played :(
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-03-14 01:04:34  
Do what I did. AFK after racing a JP duo (THF and WHM) to the pop, and let them aggro every mob from the porter to the pop ???, rush to pop it, and come back to them wiping from all the adds. Claim at 5%, and get the drop.

Then proceed to get bitched at for not clearing out their mess of 6 adds.
 Ragnarok.Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-03-14 01:09:23  
yeeaaah, sounds like fun but since play on jp time and join their shout all the time, i'd rather not do that. thanks for the lol tho
 Bahamut.Apion
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Darkelv
By Bahamut.Apion 2013-03-14 02:26:18  
After reading this I'm really thankful I was so happy to have 3x 96 on my 10 marbles on main char :D
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-03-21 21:11:06  
Finally got the Vice, just now!

After dozens of pops, killing Ix on its own, and all three, I was told by a nice person on these forums that they had their best luck fighting the Ix and WHM. I won Rank 4 prize in the bonanza and was strongly considering getting the cape, but instead got the Love Torque. I am so happy that I did, because it has finally dropped. Absolute persistence on this NM is the key. Also I almost disconnected in the fight lol, had a R0 thing going on.