Did You Lose Interest Is FFXI...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Did you lose interest is FFXI...
Did you lose interest is FFXI...
 Phoenix.Jile
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-08-20 17:06:07  
Yeah, I'm excited for 14 to come out... VERY tired of fighting for camped NM's.

As for 14 itself, meh... I'll pass on the wow clone. Too many more 75's I want before I'd consider another game... and as others have mentioned my friends are the main reason I play now rather than the game itself...so I guess if they leave for 14 I'll just quietly retire from FF.
[+]
 Titan.Relicant
サーバ: Titan
user: Relicant
By Titan.Relicant 2009-08-20 17:56:18  
lose interest? no, but I do feel like since 14's release is so close, (even a year or so away close) then almost any "major" accomplishment you could gain, wouldn't net you the time to really enjoy it in 11 anymore. At least to me anyway...

I played since the JP release, i've done just about everything there is to do in the game. i've had 3 characters, a Maat's Cap on one. almost full Morrigan's attire etc. I've had my fun and I really REALLY enjoyed it. I love all the friends i've made, even meet and talk to some IRL, but now that the new breed is comming. I'm excited about it.

I don't think 14 will kill 11, I think 11 will kill (is killing) 11. There are just so many simple problems that could easily be fixed - it's just that SE either refuses to fix them, or doesn't care enough to fix them. (I think the latter). The problem with over camped NMs etc will always be there in any game that doesn't instance things like that, or make them force popped.

Regarding everyone claiming that they don't want to play a "WoW Clone". With all due respect to you as players... You're idiots. There is no such thing as a "WoW Clone". WoW has copied nearly EVERY aspect of the game... from other games. And all new games will continue to stick with what works. If someone came out with something that really worked, wouldn't you do the same? don't kid yourself, you would. It's business, damn good business at that.

Good luck to all that have left already, good luck to those that will stick with it. I salute all of you.

See you in 14.
 Phoenix.Jile
サーバ: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-08-20 18:03:33  
/sigh Relicant

If SE has made FF14 solo friendly to the highest level for all of its jobs to cater to the wow crybabies that play FF11, then SE did just that - made a WOW clone :p
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-20 18:37:52  
Lvl'ing a job isn't 100% of the game you know
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-20 19:06:38  
The option to Solo while still having parties be the better option is what I would like to see. I hate WoW, but you cannot just ignorantly deny some of the games few good gameplay concepts. Solo Leveling through Questing is one of them. Where Grind battle exp should be much faster with a party.

Every MMO is at best, already a ripoff of Ultima Online. Richard Garriot, the whackjob that he is, put just about everything imaginable in that game, all other MMO's have lifted, copied, drew inspiration, or plain up, ripped off Ultima Online. So to call People "WoW clones" when a game 10 years older did it first is really giving that game way too much credit. Already the unique take on Classes, as well as the ability to hold multiple classes on a single character (Placing a greater emphasis on the Player, not the Character itself, which explains FFXI's extremely tight community) has been possibly the greatest thing introduced to the MMO scene since Everquest brought the genre to the masses. As long as that is preserved, FFXIV will remain, in my opinion, leaps and bounds above any other MMO.

As far as losing interest, FFXI and for sure FFXIV has/will be and will always be "Placeholder" Games. That is, an oasis of fun between other good game releases, or the occasional binge drinking run. So my enthusiasm for FFXI personally hasn't dwindled, at least not due to XIV's announcement, if anything, I have been using XI a lot to gather friends interested in XIV. There is nothing quite as interesting as sharing a new experience with other people you know. I do suggest to everyone to follow suit.
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-08-20 19:14:28  
I hate people that say WoW is easy mode or any of that nonsense. You can solo all the way to 80 in WoW, and now you can solo all the way to 75 in FFXI. FFXI just requires more of a time sink. That doesn't make it any harder.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-20 19:18:45  
Majere said:
...when they announced FFXIV? It totally killed FFXI for me. What I mean is it made me feel like anything I would achieve or accomplish would really be for nothing considering I know that I will switch to XIV the day it his the shelves.

FFXI is not real. Everything you "achieve" in it is no "real" achievement sure you may have some cool pixels with imaginary stats but all of it will end one day.

As for me, I lost interest in ffxi once i accomplished most of the things i wanted out of the game and i'm personally ready to try a new FF MMO with a more advanced GUI instead of this outdated piece of ***from 2003.

I'm seriously hoping leveling up is nothing like WoW though i do enjoy exp partying, i cant stand playing a MMO all alone while i level -.-

I do however hope they take the idea of instanced fights like dynamis for obtaining rare gears up though, no more 24-72hr HNM with botting competitions plz...

They made FFXI very desirable to bot for many players because of the whole HNM ***, then they end up banning thousands of paying customers oh noez there goes our revenues!
[+]
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-08-20 19:36:31  
Seen somes interesting posts, personaly i think we doesn't have enough infos about the XIV to make a judgement nor a choice, all we know for now is that, they took same races, ohh one of thoses races look like grimlins ever more... "poor tarus" http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com

I seen in many posts the disapointement of ppl about NMs camps & events, its just a matter of choice, just dump FFXI to go to XIV or so stay in the XI & keep going. but one or 2 thing(s) is(are) true about this disapointement, once FFXIV will be released & in sale, there will be a lot of ppl for who it will be a 1st step in the MMO RPG & i'm sure if they are fan of FFs they will look more at the newest 1 than the oldest, i'm sure of it because its been a while since i met a new player, they are incredibly rare now a day.

Now for thoses wondering, FFXIV & FFXI will be exactly the same in a way, i'm sure there will be NMs to kill, there will be rare/ex "or so" armors/weapons to get, there will be lots of events, there will be lots of way to make gils, & there will be the lots of idiots no life looking down at others & posting ppl gears on somes weird sites such as BG & all the actual FFXI ***lol.

personaly i lost interest in FFXI a while ago, but its because i did not have the lifestyle to play a MMO before, & there been somes events in that game who kinda disgusted me.
I seen many negative post saying the XIV could not be good, we don't know until we get to play, it could be very good too, depend of us, it will offer somes fresh start, its not something we need to forget.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-20 19:40:59  
90% of people banned for botting/cheating wind up coming back on a different account, so not really a loss of revenue!

The HNM idea is a good concept. On paper at least, not unlike communism. But again when the factor of innate human greed is introduced, it *** a fairly good idea up. In addition to that, the one other broken aspect of HNM, is the random Abjuration drop (the items are different) but considering that at least 1 abjuration from the HNM kings will drop, there is no reason to make it random. SE should have made Nid/KB/Aspid drop a "Trophy" item instead, that can be exchanged for a corresponding item. Sure, a lot more people would have A.body, but since the shitty linkshells get the good drops anyway, would it really be that big of a deal? An interesting solution to HNM botting (in the context of FFXI) would be to pop all HNM's in full raged status at the first window. And every subsequent window, a chance for the rage to fall would occur. Anyone who can program a bot to exploit that deserves his E.body, personally I can't think of a way.

Absolutely however, if they introduced some Platform Exclusive (IE PS3 only) servers, I would fork out the cash for a PS3 easily. That won't happen, but I don't even use windower and I play on PC, so a level playing field for all players would be irresistible to me.
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-08-20 20:05:09  
as they said, they will try to correct the errors they made in FFXI, i believe HNMs get in the pack? for human greed/stupidity, they wont be able to do anything lol, there will be still elitists/idiots to look down at you because they dislike your gears, & there will be idiots with a huge "fake/misplaced pride" to make a thing such as BG gimps thread, this is just a matter of time.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-20 20:38:32  
I havent lost total faith in FFXI. I still have my second character to play with. Anytime I get bored of one, I jump to the other.
 Alexander.Syxx
サーバ: Alexander
user: Stylesz
By Alexander.Syxx 2009-08-20 21:38:29  
/
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2009-08-23 01:18:24  
I am actually looking forward to FFXI after XIV comes out. I figure most of the elitist/HNMls leaders will switch to XIV (they make a lot of RL money selling accounts), and the overall atmosphere of XI will improve, as most of the people who stay will be there because of their friends and enjoyment of the game.

XIV looks nice but I'm pretty sure my laptop won't run it, 360 development is out due to MS being idiots, and I need 2 platforms since my wife and I both play. Plus it looks way too casual/WoW-like for my tastes.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-24 07:57:13  
FF XI when it came out in Japan was just a shitty Everquest ripoff pretty much everything in it besides the FF typical jobs like hmmm DRG and... that's pretty much it... Square had no idea how to make an MMO, they just copied.

But people bitched about how it was a shame to the franchise... and then they worked HARD on improving it... in the end, update after update it turned out pretty good didn't it. So... isn't it pointless to lose hope in XIV when we're several years prior to release?? (not counting the inevitable delays probably 3 years + before it's released and updated enough)

Don't know for you guys, but I know I WILL wait a while before I start playing it. And in the mean time? XI of course .... since it's a very nice game and that I still have lots to do in it anyway heh... sure, some things have worsened in it since the glorious pre-Aht Urhgan days, but overall it's a lot more playable than it was at jp release... things can change
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-08-24 08:54:27  
It's easy to loose interest in FFXI when you think about what FF14 could be and what other MMOs have. Mostly in the terms of originality. XI really only has a handful of mobs, the only difference between a lvl 1 mob and a lvl 75 mob is the name and lvl. You could say the same about armor and weapons too.

IMHO they shouldn't include any solo content in FF14 at all, or at least punish those who play alone. Solo play is ok sometimes, but it's so boring! Why play a online game if you don't want to interact with other players???? If you want to be a loner and completely solo a game, go play another MMO, or even better just play an offline game.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-24 09:43:47  
Akeda said:
IMHO they shouldn't include any solo content in FF14 at all, or at least punish those who play alone.

I would disagree strongly.

The forced grouping in FFXI is both a huge strength and a huge flaw. Having to rely on 5+ other people to do something as trivial as exping efficiently can be very annoying, not to mention you end up with "gimps" and exping can be a daunting prospect... then if you are not one of the playerbase's "favoured jobs", you can expect to be excluded a lot!

Giving people the option to play solo means there is less of a timesink involved with finding groups, and even the disliked jobs can progress easily.

As for endgame events, a mix of both would be ideal. I agree grouped activities should be important, but having to do everything in a big linkshell can be very demoralising... though this is largely to do with FFXI's reward system; huge randomness + a large amount of people wanting a drop + only 1-2 of the item will drop = long, unfulfilling item lists.

Granted we shouldn't play an MMORPG purely to play solo, but having a strong amount of solo content can only help things in my opinion.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-24 09:51:21  
I like options, so I wouldn't really want to entirely exclude any type of gameplay. Solo's great for the times when there just aren't people around to do anything with. I also think given how SE knows end-game has played out now since we have so many options, FF14 will provide a vastly different experience out of the gate compared to FFXI.

Hoping anyway!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-24 09:51:26  
Hell I hate soloing but I couldn't do an MMO with 0 solo content.
Standing around seeking all day = not fun either.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-24 10:01:03  
Damn there was a nice rant in here...
 Ragnarok.Albender
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-08-24 10:05:17  
Ludoggy said:
Nope.
didnt lose interest at all.
and I'm guessing FFXIV will turn into a wow ripoff so that makes me less excited.

Exactly my thoughts.
 Asura.Riddick
サーバ: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2009-08-24 11:12:09  
Majere said:
...when they announced FFXIV? It totally killed FFXI for me. What I mean is it made me feel like anything I would achieve or accomplish would really be for nothing considering I know that I will switch to XIV the day it his the shelves.

The new FF is a NEW GAME. Its different. No different then going to WOW. Think of it like that before you jump to any conclusions. If it killed FFXI for you you were prolly bord of it anyhow. Those who like 11 wont care.
 Pandemonium.Delightfulquail
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Delightfulquail 2009-08-24 12:33:02  
I might have lost little interest, but wont can the game for the new one just yet. Like the other players mention, we dont know what the new game will bring.
We would have to wait and see what will happen.
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2009-08-24 23:18:02  
From today's interview with Tanaka that was on ZAM, it's sounding like there will be little or no further development for XI once XIV starts. SE wants players to convert to XIV. And that made my decision right there. I'm not touching XIV and I'm not playing any other MMO's that SE makes. If I want to play WoW, I'll play the real thing, not a SE clone. EQ fans are very fortunate that their company gives a crap about their playerbase.

I'll stick around on XI until the servers close, then I am done with SE forever. They can cram WoWjr/XIV where the sun doesn't shine.
 Pandemonium.Nadul
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Nadul
By Pandemonium.Nadul 2009-09-23 03:12:25  
Eternaltriumph said:
Haseyo said:
Sheila said:
I cant wait for FF14 =]

Hey ET, wanna buy my Cursed Mitts -1?

lol
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-23 05:05:16  
"Placeholder games" I like that.

I do look forward to FFXIV, perhaps that will take this placeholders place.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-25 06:24:22  
I'm slowly losing interest in FFXI right now, but FFXIV has nothing to do with it. I have no interest in FFXIV, not after experiencing SE's piss poor customer service in THIS game on more than one occassion. Oh yea, when they first announced it, I got the "new shiny object syndrome" and oogled and googled over it just like everyone else, but as they released more information on it, and it became apparent that they are making the exact same mistakes they made with this game (lolconsoleMMORPG), my excitement for that game fell flat really quickly.

When FFXI shuts it servers down, oh well.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Oblivion
サーバ: Bahamut
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2009-12-15 03:49:55  
Diabolos.Majere said:

Not really, I was well aware of the time I was dumping away beforehand. I just keep coming back to the same conclusion whenever I try to shrug off MMOs: I have nothing better to do.*

oh well. I suppose it beats having a gambling, drug, or booze addiction.

If I'm negative about it, it makes things sort of better, I guess. It's sort of like, "This sucks"...whatever, "This sucks, but that sucks and everything sucks, too." So...meh.

*: I have "better" things to do, just not motivated enough to care.