General Questions

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » general questions
general questions
By Ravenn42 2013-02-13 09:34:21  
Ok 1st what is the main difference between turbo and +1 animator? Is it a must have piece? I have 3 accounts can I solo Einjenhar to get the ampules?

2nd is there a more effective way to POP a nm and get your pup out of AOE distance? I just engage and slowly pull my main away from pup. Sometimes he runs back in 2 close.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-13 10:01:37  
Animator +1
Harlequin: +50 HP +50 MP
Valoredge: +60 HP
Stormwaker: +40 HP +60 MP
Sharpshot: +45 HP
DEX+4

Turbo Animator
DEX+2

If is a mage puppet it will stay at around 18' distance max from target. To do so u gotta deploy ur pet and then take NM away from puppet. Or if NM is already up deploy ur puppet at a distance accordingly and then go attack it with master. There is no way for you to command ur puppet to go to a certain distance without u taking him yourself.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-13 10:04:39  
You're better off attempting to get Deluxe animator from VW than wasting ichors on the Einherjar one.
By Ravenn42 2013-02-13 10:50:48  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You're better off attempting to get Deluxe animator from VW than wasting ichors on the Einherjar one.

I have attempted to make a party for this and im having no luck at all. Is there a way to low man with displacers? If so how many I need?

And thanks for the response I been doing a lot of NMs as of late and I pop deploy and run away to max distance but every once in a while he runs in close. I did not know if it was a animator thing or what. I really love pup and its solo capabilities but I fight nms that cast sleep and well a puppet master with a slept pup is a gimp mnk that cant heal himself.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
サーバ: Sylph
user: Chernabog
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-13 17:14:39  

Get both if you want to be hardcore. +1 does have a purpose, which is if you're mainly using the automaton and hanging back yourself. Not much reason to do that since 75 cap got broken, but if it ever comes up... Otherwise Deluxe better.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-13 23:07:08  
Ravenn42 said: »
And thanks for the response I been doing a lot of NMs as of late and I pop deploy and run away to max distance but every once in a while he runs in close. I did not know if it was a animator thing or what. I really love pup and its solo capabilities but I fight nms that cast sleep and well a puppet master with a slept pup is a gimp mnk that cant heal himself.

Maintance. Also repair enhanced to remove status effects. I also usually sub dnc for when auto is being too slow
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-02-15 12:08:47  
Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »

Get both if you want to be hardcore. +1 does have a purpose, which is if you're mainly using the automaton and hanging back yourself. Not much reason to do that since 75 cap got broken, but if it ever comes up... Otherwise Deluxe better.

I wouldn't say that Deluxe is really superior in very many pup situations, short of you are DD'ing without your puppet out, which if you have +2 gear is really stupid because you're missing out on the double damage procs. Extra HP/MP on all frames is a plus no matter how you look at it really. that 2 extra Dex isn't going to save your life like an extra 60 MP could. Granted it would take longer to get the Animator +1 but I would say in 95% of situations it's going to shine much better than the Deluxe. And about the 75 cap being broken comment, VE frame still tanks like nobodies business even after the PDT- nerf. I VE solo stuff all the time and so do a lot of other pups.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-15 12:14:57  
I really disagree. Dex is more useful than 50 hp/mp imo. Unless you're nuke-kiting something and thus not fighting.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-02-15 12:28:17  
I guess it's more about a preference in play style.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is that you can't just up and say that 2 Dex is definitively better, most of what pup is for is situational. It wouldn't hurt to have both.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-15 17:02:03  
When you're fighting 2 DEX is better than negligable HP/MP on your automaton, b/c if your auto is gonna die, it's gonna die; and if it's gonna run out of MP, you're doing it wrong.

Also, I said right at the start that it's best to get both for situational use. It's just the situation where just auto doing stuff and not you rarely comes up since 75 cap got lifted. My +1s still in my mog satchel. I think the only time lately I ever equip it is on SSR boss...
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-18 11:43:52  
Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »
Ravenn42 said: »

Maintance. Also repair enhanced to remove status effects. I also usually sub dnc for when auto is being too slow

U forget Eraser attachment. Very useful for mobs that spam sleep or sleepga. Just keep puppet away so it don't get slept.