Dyna coin prices
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-21 20:32:37  
Antipika said:
Lethewaters said:
Ludoggy said:
Didn't the prices of coins go up when Dynamis cost to go in droped to 500k instead of 1mil?

The cheapest used to be single Byne bills d=for 5k now those jumped to 9k. Windy and Sandy coins seem to have added another 5k to them also (12K and 15K each at least) on Fairy.

If Dynamis is so outdated then Why are there still so many shells doing the runs? :P A few pieces still hold their own against the new stuff.

Yes FFIV is coming out but it still hasnt hit Beta so expect at least a year.

Number of shells running doesn't matter, whats matter is how many city runs you do, only these yield a decent amount of coin. Beau is average. Xar and dreamland are ***tier, mostly because you waste 20 to 40min during the pre-boss phase, which gets you almost no coin at all, then cause the run last only 2hr.

If I take a look at my shell, we've been doing like Dreamland only since hourglass price dropped, did couple of Xar, that's it.

No to mention the more dreamland you do, the more -1's you inject into the market. -1's drains coins too. Usually when we do a Dreamland run, the coin balance is negative, meaning we get less coins total, that what would be needed to upgrade all the -1's which dropped. (unless 100's drop off course).

From my experience, Dreamlands have almost always yielded a 100 coin drop if you slay mobs fast enough. I'm not counting the NMs either, because my old shell had attrocious luck with NMs dropping anything in Dreamlands. Albeit, the point remained valid. -1 drains coins.

Also, I have noticed a LOT more people working on relics than before. What does this mean? More demand. Not as many coins are free in the market since they're being grabbed by every tom, *** and mary with a bit of change. On a lot of servers, demand for coins aren't meeting the amount of linkshells that actually are highmanned enough to get decent coin droppage.

tl;dr-More people want relics. Less coins. Price goes up. Supply and demand.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-06-21 22:17:09  
The big factor here, is campaign is free. The whole price regulation on coins, is based on the fact, that it costs money to enter dynamis zones.

Once entered, people usually control on where coins go, so per server, its typically the same few people selling coins all the time for the high value. You don't have random person "A" selling coins at a high price.

Once its a freelot system, that charges no entry fee, and the coins are going to be dropping for free. People will bazaar them for w/e they can get. Look at the price of Wootz ore. Once MMM and ANNM started dropping them, they 1/3'd in price.