users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Evasion Set
Evasion Set
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Chernabog
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-19 13:00:47  
Note: I don't have this set, this is for discussion purposes.

Tenryu Sune-Ate with Haste +4%
Moonshade Earring with Atk & Regain

So I'm trying to figure out optimal sets for PUP, and figured I'd start with posting what I figured would be best for Evasion; but keeping in mind DDing at the same time. If just standing there or kiting, would switch a LOT of this around.

The set has 25% Haste, 66 Evasion, 21 Agility.
Thought about some other options for Rings/Earrings (Elusive Earrings, Dumakulem's Ring & Portus Annulet), and we have access to Nusku's Sash, but I figured better to get some damage in the set in place of the not very much evasion we could gain from those options.

Thoughts? Am I missing anything (weapon intentionally left blank)? Anyone figure sticking more evasion in those slots is worth the dps loss?

Edit: Changed hands from Omodaka to Usukane +1.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-19 13:09:12  
Actually that set is 27% haste with the Usu +1 set bonus. Also, just for future reference, these sets are referred to as hybrid evasion sets.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-19 13:12:22  
There was no need for a new topic.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-20 00:53:12  
On what content that PUP is good at, does it need an evasion set? That's an honest question.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-02-20 00:58:16  
If people want to post in the job forums to ask legitimate questions who the cares.

Seriously if it's that much an issue to people, can please take it up with a mod.

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
On what content that PUP is good at, does it need an evasion set? That's an honest question.
The only scenario I could potentially see is an "oh-sh#t" situation with Dyna DC mobs.

I remember Sylow posted something DNC forums regarding how much evasion it took DNC to cap on DC mobs. DNC has 404 and PUP 398 Evasion Skill at 99. However, Pup also recieves an additional evasion bonus job trait. So I dont think PUP needs much to cap evasion.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-02-20 01:08:49  
There is nothing wrong with asking to improve yourself with the given set.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-20 01:14:34  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Honestly, I play pup a lot and I'd like this answered as well...

But to the point OP, did you put omodaka gote in there on purpose? Usu+1 have more evade, and counter, and you'd only lose 1% haste due to set effects, which would still keep you at cap. Also, I'd honestly never suggest a regain earring, and for the back piece, boxer's would work better if you're looking for evade. That blithe mantle is kind of garbage, I think.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-20 18:10:36  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
But to the point OP, did you put omodaka gote in there on purpose? Usu+1 have more evade, and counter, and you'd only lose 1% haste due to set effects, which would still keep you at cap. Also, I'd honestly never suggest a regain earring, and for the back piece, boxer's would work better if you're looking for evade. That blithe mantle is kind of garbage, I think.

Ya forgot about the set bonus. As for the earring, I posted about this in the TPing thread, but spreadsheet told me I'd get more damage with regain earring than tp bonus earring. My only DD job is pup, so don't care about tp earring being multipurpose. As for blithe, I answered that at the start saying [paraphrasing knowing this new terminology] "hybrid set".

Edit: Ok, so changed hands to Usukane +1. With an eva hybrid set, do ppl figure leaving waist, rings & earrings in TP gear is ok? As for its purpose, who cares? Just take it for what it is, ppl! Times come up constantly, usually those "oh sh*t" moments, where you want some extra evasion. Also nice to have an evasion based set anyways, just so you can say you have one, and for the few times you might need it. I actually would question why people _don't_ have an evasion set over those that do. PUP gets 2nd highest evasion in the game (counting Evasion Bonus JTs), lets make use of that.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-20 18:56:40  
Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »
PUP gets 2nd highest evasion in the game.

Dnc & thf are obviously top 2 evasion jobs. Im not sure how you got to that conclusion o.o
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-02-20 18:58:13  
Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
PUP gets 2nd highest evasion in the game.

Dnc & thf are obviously top 2 evasion jobs. Im not sure how you got to that conclusion o.o
Wiki used to be still is incorrect on evasion bonus.

Bgwiki is much more reliable.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-20 19:21:29  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

Ya forgot about the set bonus. As for the earring, I posted about this in the TPing thread, but spreadsheet told me I'd get more damage with regain earring than tp bonus earring. My only DD job is pup, so don't care about tp earring being multipurpose. As for blithe, I answered that at the start saying [paraphrasing knowing this new terminology] "hybrid set".

Edit: Ok, so changed hands to Usukane +1. With an eva hybrid set, do ppl figure leaving waist, rings & earrings in TP gear is ok? As for its purpose, who cares? Just take it for what it is, ppl! Times come up constantly, usually those "oh sh*t" moments, where you want some extra evasion. Also nice to have an evasion based set anyways, just so you can say you have one, and for the few times you might need it. I actually would question why people _don't_ have an evasion set over those that do. PUP gets 2nd highest evasion in the game (counting Evasion Bonus JTs), lets make use of that.

pdt- sets are better since you already have high evasion, no? You already have high evasion base on pup, so a mobs acc is hurtin as it is, so why not put up a pdt- set instead of evade? There is a point where you can have too much evade, as a mob's acc would already be floored after a certain bit of evade is put on. Also yeah I get "hybrid" but Blithe mantle is trash for any situation imho. But that's just my opinion on that mantle, it's just bad.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-20 21:37:11  
BG Wiki shows DNC getting Eva Bonus IV & PUP at III
FFXIclopedia shows DNC III & PUP IV
Blah... Dunno which to trust.