The RWBY Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-06 17:08:59  
I wanted to say the other times too but I forgot: the new song is really bad.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-11-06 19:45:26  
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-11-19 15:48:33  
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-11-20 19:03:00  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I'm happy to see more of Raven at least But no emphasis has ever been placed on an item to be a relic, so makes me wonder if it's a person i.e. buffy style

I'm guessing that this "relic" is the same thing that Salem is after at Beacon. In the previous episode, she asked Cinder if Cinder truly killed Ozpin, then when Cinder gave the affirmative, she said something about what they wanted still being at Beacon. But I don't recall her using the word "relic," so I'm just guessing.

Maybe Ozpin is the relic? Or his staff, which is currently in Qrow's possession? It has to be something to do with Ozpin. Salem guessed at where it was only after hearing Cinder say she had taken down Ozpin.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-06 08:30:13  
It was an interesting episode, though I'm afraid they're going a bit too slow considering the amount of total episodes to expect for a season.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-12-06 09:54:47  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It was an interesting episode, though I'm afraid they're going a bit too slow considering the amount of total episodes to expect for a season.

I agree. They are showing us things and backstories that we needed to know, but it's dragging so much that I kind of feel like this is a "filler" season and it's a little annoying. I know, I know, I can't complain over a free show. If I was dishing out cash (or effort) to watch it, maybe I could complain. But it's a free show to watch or not as I choose, and I choose to watch it. It's just going so blasted slow this season! And if we only get 12ish episodes per season, then things other than filler and backstory need to start actually happening soon.

And I'm not keen on how they've split the time up between the girls. If we were going to follow all the girls (as we should) then why not have an episode of Ruby, an episode of Weiss, an episode of Blake, an episode of Yang, and start back over on Ruby so we get something of equal story time for all of them? Instead we've gotten a few episodes of Ruby all in one chunk, one lonely episode of Weiss, a couple episodes of Yang in which almost nothing happened (she has PTSD, which we already suspected. She got a new arm, like we all knew she would. And then nothing else happened. Stop neglecting my favorite character, RT!) and a couple episodes of Blake in one chunk. Every time they do chunks of episodes centered on one of the girls, it separates the audience too much from the other girls and leaves us wondering how they are getting along, plus it's a wasted opportunity to dish out cliffhangers left and right and then make us wait for a cycle through the other three girls to resolve it, which would keep interest ramped up, keep up excited for next time we get to see each of other the characters.

And right now it feels like Yang's and Weiss's story line are being neglected because Ruby's and Blake's are where the action is. It makes it feel like the time jump happened for Ruby and Blake, but not for Weiss and Yang. Ruby's been traveling with a group, helping towns along the way, etc for the better part of a year. Blake has been aboard a ship to Menagerie, helping defend the ship along the way, etc for the better part of a year. And Weiss and Yang have been sitting at home (and not practicing/improving their fighting) for the better part of a year? Really? And Ruby hasn't contacted her father or sister for the better part of a year? Really? It's like the time jump only happened for half of them, and Weiss and Yang are still stuck in a time loop back at two or three months after the fall of Beacon, instead of almost a year after the fall of Beacon. I dunno.

Yang perhaps needed the long break. PTSD is not a nice thing. And if she's also depressed (and I mean true depression, not just feeling sad/hurt/abandoned) then she may just have no motivation to do anything, for months or yes, even years. So while I'm annoyed that they've neglected her story, I can understand that she might need a longer time than expected. But if that were the case, then we STILL would need more episodes on her, for one to keep the audience interested in her and for two, neglecting her if she is depressed is such a wasted opportunity to show compassion and raise awareness for real-life sufferers of depression. And that's also going to drag the storyline to a snail's pace because she hasn't been practicing so her fighting skills have likely waned so much that she's going to need several more months to get back up to where she was, let alone where she should be. If any fighting happens this season around Yang, she is going to get her arse kicked. She can't expect to take a year off and be at the same skill level that she was at three seasons ago. So I may not like their neglect of Yang, both for the time drag it will have to cause later and also for the lost opportunity, but at least I can understand it why she might need a year to do nothing.

But Weiss? Weiss had grown and matured so much in her views that I just cannot see her sitting under her father's thumb again for most of a year. A month or two, perhaps. And then I expected a runaway or rebellion or something. My suspension of disbelief is straining a bit for her.

Anyways, I'm not writing the script and nobody asked me, so I'll put a lid on my dumb opinions for now.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-12-10 21:23:12  
After this week's episode...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-11 11:11:26  
Probably stabbed. Sacrificed on the altar of main character's personal growth.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-12-11 20:22:55  
Probably stabbed. Sacrificed on the altar of main character's personal growth.

Pyrrha's death-for-Ruby-growth was bad enough. If they do that to another character, I'm going to be so displeased...
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-12-18 16:23:18  
As much as I like learning about the world of Remnant... weeks like this week are just shitty.

Last Episode: Things are ramping up! Here's an awesome cliffhanger!

Next Week: Ha! World of Remnant! No resolution for you!

Just annoys me.

That said, does anyone else get a Roman Torchwick feel from Henry?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-19 05:38:01  
Dunno if I'm the only one, but I really don't like Qrow's voice actor <_<
By volkom 2016-12-26 16:16:28  
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-12-26 20:36:46  
Dunno if I'm the only one, but I really don't like Qrow's voice actor <_<
I'm of quite the opposite mind actually. Though that may partly be due to familiarity with the voice actor from anime. For instance, he was Ikkaku Madarame from Bleach
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-12-26 23:17:13  
volkom said: »
[+]
By volkom 2016-12-27 19:05:38  
Odin.Liela said: »
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-12-27 19:39:48  
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-28 05:15:17  
I think Tyrion's done for, I imagine Salem is gonna kill him for failing. Don't expect to see another fight with the guy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-12-28 08:20:22  
That would be disappointing. It's not every day you see an insane sadistic scorpion monk, for him to have only one fight... would just be a waste of a fairly interesting villain, especially now that he has even more motive to fight the heroes.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-12-28 13:01:03  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Spoiler Alert! Click to view.
I'd say it's almost certainly venomous, the real question is whether or not it's fatal. It could be something that just slows him down, which would be insanely good for someone like him all the same since one strike with that tail would mean the target is easy pickings for both capture of slaughter.

The fact he was willing to use his tail against Ruby makes me think that it's not a fatal thing because of that very reason. It's something that would make her easy to capture and would diminish her resistance. All the same, if it were fatal, he'd end up killing her rather than capturing her, which may make him happy bu Salem wouldn't be all too pleased, so I doubt he's risking that.

Oh! That's a good point. I hadn't considered that if he'd use it against Ruby, it can't be fatal. Painful, for sure, but only temporary.

I think Tyrion's done for, I imagine Salem is gonna kill him for failing. Don't expect to see another fight with the guy.

That would be disappointing. It's not every day you see an insane sadistic scorpion monk, for him to have only one fight... would just be a waste of a fairly interesting villain, especially now that he has even more motive to fight the heroes.

It would be a kind of poetic justice, though. Tyrian mocked Cinder so mercilessly for "failing" at Beacon, it would just be poetic to see Salem get rid of him over his failure to capture Ruby.

It kind of seems like they have too many bad guys right now. Instead of one big thing to focus on, they have Salem pulling the strings for Cinder, Tyrian, Emerald, Mercury, and whatever that other baddie's name was. The White Fang is-or-isn't also under Salem's control, but either way, they're out wreaking havoc on their own, plus Adam is a whole 'nother problem. And many people don't believe that Neo is dead, and she's a bit of a wild card at this point, if the theory that she was loyal to Roman, NOT Cinder, is true. And add the Schnee "we're not villains, just douchebags" family to the mix, and there are just too many people to cause problems right now. (Plus whatever Raven's group is doing. Plus the normal Grimm issues.)

So on the one hand, it would be sad to see Tyrian's potential flushed after one fight. But on the other hand, a smaller cast of villains to keep straight might be nice. It's just so many faces to juggle through, you know? Or maybe it's just me, I'd prefer to know a handful of people very well instead of a crowd of people superficially. But no one else has to be that way.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-28 13:07:59  
fairly interesting villain
I disagree. To me it seems like such a generic character, I'd rather they focus on people with actualy depth like team Cinder and the Fangs.
Unless he has some kind of secret backstory that is going to be revealed later I really don't care about this guy, doesn't seem like someone they're going to develop further than this.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-12-31 18:58:11  
Well, after this week's episode,
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2017-01-01 22:57:07  
fairly interesting villain
I disagree. To me it seems like such a generic character, I'd rather they focus on people with actualy depth like team Cinder and the Fangs.
Unless he has some kind of secret backstory that is going to be revealed later I really don't care about this guy, doesn't seem like someone they're going to develop further than this.
The main reason I think he's interesting is because he treats Salem like a god more than like someone whom he simply follows. I wonder what happened that not only caused him to become somewhat insane/sadistic, but also what caused him to worship her in such a way. On top of that, the fact he's a Faunus just kinda interests me a bit more, because we've never seen their animal parts actually factor into their combat before him.

Blake's a cat, but she doesn't use her tail or anything like that to help her fight. The same goes for Velvet. I don't think we know what Adam's animalistic traits even are, let alone seen them use them.

But, that's just my opinion.
Well, after this week's episode,
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2017-01-02 12:46:13  
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-02 13:40:20  
It's just a cartoon. Those slaps are for comedic value only.
By oldman 2017-01-02 14:08:07  
But here is the thing. If the tables were turned and it was Sun who was slapping Blake left and right, no matter what she did or what his problems and traumas were, people would be furious. And I simply can't understand why women aren't held to those same standards. If it's abuse when a man hits a woman, then it's abuse when a woman hits a man. And the only excuse for it is if you're defending yourself or defending someone else. Period. Full stop. But Blake was not defending herself. Sun is dumb, not malicious. And he has never raised a hand to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4akMaeZ0-k
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2017-01-07 20:25:48  
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-09 06:11:12  
It's not filler, I actually thought this was a very good episode unlike some others like the initial ones, the pace was good and it fleshed out all the characters.

Also the chameleon girl is really cool.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2017-01-09 09:04:53  
It's not filler, I actually thought this was a very good episode unlike some others like the initial ones, the pace was good and it fleshed out all the characters.

Also the chameleon girl is really cool.

Chameleon girl is cool. And it's cool that Blake knows her personally. And it was nice to see all four girls in one episode for a change.

... But it really does feel like this whole SEASON is filler. It might just be me! I've been known to be wrong in the past a time or two (thousand.) It just feels like the plot is inching forward at a snail's pace.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16