Best Offhand Weapon For My Situation?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Best offhand weapon for my situation?
Best offhand weapon for my situation?
 Sylph.Shadowq
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: ShadowFFO
By Sylph.Shadowq 2013-03-01 01:13:57  
So I'm in the process of trying to build Kannagi, but in the meantime got a Sekka+2 Fire Katana with the upgrades to STR/Attack. While I figured I'd start using that as my primary for the time being. I did want to question what the best secondary would be (between these two options).

Maybe the suggestion is contextual to inside and outside abby?

Kamome
DMG:39 Delay:180 Accuracy+8 Attack+8 Increases critical hit damage

Arisui
DMG:50 Delay:201 DEX+11 Accuracy+16
 Asura.Lokimaru
サーバ: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-03-01 01:17:07  
Probably Kamome, why did you even make a DEX katana?
By Gimp 2013-03-01 01:59:01  
in a situation where you have capped attack from double minuets and march(rare I know). Use the arisui outside and kamome inside abbsyea, it's very plausible you're in situations where you need the acc from dex katana(after food) and the dDex will help also.

Most situationes provided you acc is fine and low buffs you'll be using fire arisui once it's finished.

edit: oops i was thinking kannagi was finished...sorry
 Sylph.Shadowq
By Sylph.Shadowq 2013-03-01 05:21:35  
Asura.Lokimaru said: »
Probably Kamome, why did you even make a DEX katana?

It was my own misconception about how important high dexterity would be to increase the frequency of critical attacks. Fortunately though the trial was very quick and only took me about a week to build. Most of the mobs I was able to mass kill in various areas with weather to speed things up.

I still have to fully wrap my head around the math in this game to better understand which statistic bonuses really are more important.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-01 06:00:50  
If your fire weapon is still only at level 90 I think you're actually better off mainhanding the thunder Arisui and offhanding Sekka +2 outside while offhanding Kamome inside.

If you 99 your Fire weapon soon, you can mainhand it. Kamome will always be either winning or about even with Thunder Arisui in the offhand. You can store the Thunder Arisui though, it might get some use in the future.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [166 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Shadowq
By Sylph.Shadowq 2013-08-14 01:39:55  
Just bumping this again

Inside Abby - Kannagi + Kamome

But outside Abby I have a few other options for offhand weapons, namely a 99 Thunder Katana, 99 Fire Katana, and 99 Wind Katana. I'd imagine either the wind or fire one would be what most suggest, but anyone think one is definitively better?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-08-14 02:35:06  
Bayld katana.
Or Pamun.
Or any new katana with a HUGE base-dmg increase

Basicly all of those katanas should be replaced :<
I'd use the Fire katana for now though, unless you REALLY need the evasion or accuracy from the others.
 Sylph.Shadowq
By Sylph.Shadowq 2013-08-14 05:41:59  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Bayld katana.
Or Pamun.
Or any new katana with a HUGE base-dmg increase

Basicly all of those katanas should be replaced :<
I'd use the Fire katana for now though, unless you REALLY need the evasion or accuracy from the others.

Yeah I unfortunately got busy with work right around the time the expansion came out, so I haven't really had time to catch up with all the new Seekers of Adoulin weapons.

I'll probably look into those next though.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-19 03:02:10  
Gonna hijack this thread rq cause I have the same question. Given you had a Kiji and an 85 Kannagi, would you offhand Kiji and still main Kan or go Kiji/Kamome instead with Jin? Inside Aby only, never use NIN otherwise.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-20 23:33:12  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Gonna hijack this thread rq cause I have the same question. Given you had a Kiji and an 85 Kannagi, would you offhand Kiji and still main Kan or go Kiji/Kamome instead with Jin? Inside Aby only, never use NIN otherwise.

Kiji/Kamome with Jin if you don't have a 99 Kannagi, pretty much.