By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-05-14 21:17:13  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Basically none.
Sweet, thanks.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-23 10:00:38  
I'm starting to think it's time to move to the Shneddick ring. I've had my vocane for years now, and I was an ardent supporter of it as a top choice. But Moonlight is out, less DT, but more HP, so it's more protection. And now Turms is out. More magic evasion/defense, and regen from a ring. Jute+1 had long been our best Meva option while also being our 18% movement boots, but Turms NQ is 30 Meva over Jute+1. It'll also help me as I fool around on random jobs, too, but that's not what I'd use as a deciding factor. Thoughts?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-05-23 10:32:04  
I think all of the Adoulin rings are getting edged out in one way or another. WSD ring? Regal ring says hello. You already addressed Vocane losing its luster. And even the quick magic one, we're capping FC on just about every job now...

As for me, I'm stuck with the pet ring.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-05-26 13:41:42  
I like my regain for idling. The choice is either

Regain+5 when not engaged.

vs

Meva and resist bind/gravity/pet+15 while not engaged AND moving AND not expecting an imminent incoming attack

Its band of usefulness is too narrow for my taste. I don't think the choice between the two is ground breaking, but I chose the former.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-27 16:04:02  
That's fair. I could just better configure my sets and the kiting mechanism of my lua. The regain stacking with Turms head would also be nice. I already switched to Shneddick and have no bayld, so if I'm switching to Regain it'll be whenever I finish a +1 ring.
By pankakes 2017-06-13 11:44:57  
Something I've been a bit confused about for awhile, but hadn't mattered much until I'm now trying to pick which ring to swap the FC one for is where WSD % gear is counted in the equation.

Say I've got 10% WSD, is the equation Melee WS Base Damage = floor(( (Weapon Base Damage) * 1.1 + fSTR + WSC ) × fTP)? It must be right?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-14 16:05:38  
WSD should be at the tail end of the calculation.
 Asura.Leairc
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2017-06-17 01:47:08  
Was curious if anyone had links/info about how multiple TH's proc in a party?

For instance, if one is farming aby w/trusts and pulled out 3 trusts w/TH to drop 2xEmp items on an NM. Would all three TH's work independently of each other or would a higher TH cancel out lower one's, if say you came as THF w/your TH14?

Nothing on BG I can find, but noticed that TH is being tested on VW's to determine which trusts have TH.

In a polite argument with a friend about the effect of TH and I have always read that multiple TH's in a party show higher rate drops than just 1 TH being in a party. But he's skeptical. He considered testing VW to determine if the %'age changes, but I'm not sure exactly how the engine appropriates TH% on the Pyxis.

If this has been discussed in great length, would appreciate some direction to arguments if anyone has free time. Thanks so much

-Lea
By geigei 2017-06-17 01:53:19  
Only one TH effect can be active and is the highest tier.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-17 02:09:57  
geigei said: »
Only one TH effect can be active and is the highest tier.

This. TH is a "debuff" on the mob. Highest initial proc is is 8. All THF's can contribute to it ranking up to 9, and will, in theory, give a higher chance at ranking up TH. But that's it. One THF getting TH to 10 is the same as 6 THF's getting TH to 10.
[+]
 Asura.Leairc
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2017-06-17 02:10:53  
Thanks. That's what he finds when he tests it, only one TH appears to apply when multiple THF's are in a party on VW. That seems to be the hard evidence, after the years of speculation and/or eyeballing some THFs have done.

I just couldn't find anything about it on paper or updates on regular channels.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-06-17 06:25:39  
SE released an official statement on TH years ago which is why you're having trouble finding anything. Th doesn't really matter in VW since it doesn't make things go over the cap so it requires you to suck and not have a campaign active for it to do anything in there.
By Ulthakptah 2017-06-26 14:33:32  
Okay so I was messing around in abyssea Altepa and got in a fight with Cuijatender. It used photosynthesis and I figured what the heck I'll aura steal it just because. I half looked at it and though, oh nice it lasts a couple minutes. Only it wasn't a m by the timer it was an h, it lasts well over 12 hours, and is a 23 hp tick regen. So it got me thinking. What if there is a scorpion nm with a 12 hour duration Sharp Strike? Does anyone know, or know of any other really long buffs that could be stolen?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-06-26 18:27:50  
Ulthakptah said: »
oked at it and though, oh nice it lasts a couple minutes. Only it wasn't a m by the timer it was an h, it lasts well over 12 hours, and is a 23 hp tick regen. So it got me thinking. What if there is a scorpion nm with a 12 hour duration Sharp Strike? Does anyone know, or know of any other really long buffs that could be stolen?

Mother Globe's shock spikes lasts for awhile. 60 minutes according to the wiki.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-26 18:47:36  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Ulthakptah said: »
oked at it and though, oh nice it lasts a couple minutes. Only it wasn't a m by the timer it was an h, it lasts well over 12 hours, and is a 23 hp tick regen. So it got me thinking. What if there is a scorpion nm with a 12 hour duration Sharp Strike? Does anyone know, or know of any other really long buffs that could be stolen?

Mother Globe's shock spikes lasts for awhile. 60 minutes according to the wiki.

Oh neat, I'll steal them and then I can THF/BLU tank this months Ambuscade.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-07-05 15:16:04  
I have some general weaponskill questions for you thieves if you don't mind.

Sneak/Trick Attack + WS: Meghanada Gloves +2 all the time, or Skulker's +1, Pillager's +1 on respective buffs?

Aeolian Edge: Fotia Gorget/Belt or Sanctity Necklace/Eschan Stone?
Aeolian Edge2: Moonshade Earring or Hecate's Earring?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-07-05 15:21:45  
Meghanada, I believe the Skulker's and Pillager's buffs are simply to the DEX/AGI bonus effect of SA and TA, which don't scale very well at all.

I'd say Fotia x2 and Moonshade.
 Cerberus.Hrasvelg
user: Huev
By Cerberus.Hrasvelg 2017-07-07 05:57:33  
Shazu said: »
Asura.Cicion said: »
Mandau is trap dont waste your time on it. Twash offhand. Main Aeonic and some like mythic. I still think a good Taming saris are very good as well. Shijo is nice as well still.
Already have the Mandau. I'm wondering if it's better than Skinflayer/Shijo combo, because it seems like it's not.
I've been on the last stage of creating a Mandau for a long time, collecting Byne Bills. I'm starting to question whether or not I should finish it. I've done little Geas Fete, and never done Sinister Reign before, so I'm not sure what it's like to go after Taming or Shijo. However, I want to justify all the time I put into Mandau. Should I just give up on Mandau?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-07-07 06:21:07  
Unless SE makes relics actually work in the offhand then Mandau is ornamental compared to other RMEA. The effort put into getting byne bills could easily go into your HMP and twatshar instead if you're the type tp farm em yourself.
 Quetzalcoatl.Boombastic
user: Sephoroth
By Quetzalcoatl.Boombastic 2017-07-07 08:30:56  
I know, Mandau is "junk" but I've had it for a long time sooooooo... For shits and giggles what would be an ideal set for Mercy Stroke? It's not AG3 yet but been debating it anyways just so it's done.
By silvanesti 2017-07-10 23:22:06  
Hi, recently back to the game after a short (few months) break.

Was looking to do some SR as I want a Sari and August.

Back in the day I used to play a few different jobs. However nowadays with limited time I only use thf.

Can anyone give me a rundown on using thf in SR. What's my role, what ws am I going to need, what base acc will I need ect. Any and all info you could give me would be awesome.

On another note do ppl ever sell SR items? I haven't seen any myself but was just wondering.

Cheers
 Asura.Pankakes
user: pankakes
By Asura.Pankakes 2017-07-11 00:54:26  
Role is dps of course. Can TA the tank if you have one for some reason.

Rudra's is always your bread and butter unless you have mythic or are trying not to SC or make a specific SC.

Accuracy requirement is probably on par with Apex, maybe slightly less (~1100?).

SR is personal loot only and far too random to really bother trying to merc. Never seen it merc'd and would honestly be pretty pissed to see something like that trend as the zone barely supports a couple parties at the same time as it as.
 Phoenix.Lockejv
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lockejv
By Phoenix.Lockejv 2017-07-23 11:37:56  
Looking to chain apex crawlers as quickly as possible (solo) to maximize CP gain. Best I've done so far is using two level 3 skillchains to finish them off in around 45s:

Evisceration -> TA Rudra's -> Rudra's
Evisceration -> SA Rudra's -> Rudra's

Using trusts: Amchuchu, Koru, Apururu, Ulmia, Joachim (or Qultada but he messes up skilchains).

I've been going THF/WAR (119iii Mandau / Jugo +1 ), with a build emphasizing triple attack (42%) and double attack (32%) including traits.

My TP gain falls a bit short landing the two skillchains consistently. Ideally I would SATA on the second Rudra's but there is rarely enough time. Any suggestions on improving this strategy or a better one altogether to increase speed of apex mob killing solo?
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-07-23 14:11:27  
You could try rudra > evis > stacked rudra. The higher TP return from Evis might make skillchains easier, and stacking on the 2nd skillchain might offset the damage lost from the 1st.

Maybe trade some double attack for Store TP.

And as a sidenote, I like to recommend wasps at Reisenjima #5 for CP. They're weak to piercing, they endlessly chain, you can replace your tank trust, and vorseals help prevent bard *** like paeon and ballad. I've never tried soloing apex mobs, so I don't actually know how the CP compares.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-07-25 20:35:46  
Hi all, I haven't played THF for quite a long time, I don't even have a clue if my daggers are still relevant but I was wondering if you all could point me in the right direction.

I figured I'd share with you what I have right now for an unbuffed TP set, I figured if I could get my head round that, then I can just work backwards from that.

For the record, I have done no Omen on THF so +2/+3 AF is not an option for the moment but also not unattainable and I could potentially get more Herculean gear to augment and Ambuscade Capes are definitely an option, although I would probably make a TP one before a DW one for instance.

My Taeon Boots have +4 DW
Canny Cape has +5 DW

Thanks.

ItemSet 352527

Just having another brief look before bed, another possible DW option I have is Floral Gauntlets, other than that I can't see anything else but augmented Herc gear or an Ambuscade Cape.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-07-25 20:46:42  
Omen card campaign is active so af+2/3 being unobtainable is nonsense if it's merely a lack of being in omen. You can get 1 Af+2 a canteen for a few more days if you feel they are needed in any particular sets.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-07-25 20:48:46  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
For the record, I have done no Omen on THF so +2/+3 AF is not an option for the moment but also not unattainable
Rather than leave it like that I will explain, I just mean I have no +2/+3 but that's really until I do Omen on THF, I have a group of friends I do Omen with, it is attainable, that said I would probably focus on PLD + BLU ahead of THF.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-07-25 21:25:58  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
ItemSet 352527

Just having another brief look before bed, another possible DW option I have is Floral Gauntlets, other than that I can't see anything else but augmented Herc gear or an Ambuscade Cape.

Yeah, you're missing ~6-11% DW to cap delay reduction w/ no magic haste. Eabani/Suppanomimi, Reiki Yotai, Path D Shijo, Ambu Cape, and getting that last 1% on your Taeon would all be options that I would look at before Floral/Herc.
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 ... 261 262 263