What Will The Expansion Bring To Pup?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » what will the expansion bring to pup?
what will the expansion bring to pup?
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2013-03-14 09:55:38  
Hey yall, I was just thinking a little bit about the upcoming expansion, and it hit me..... New auto frame possibility?

What do you think the possibility of a new frame will be?

Lets also hypothetically say there is a new frame, what is your best idea of what it could be?

I say we have about a 35% chance of a new frame, I only got a glimpse of hope because in the new trailer there's a pup npc in town.

If there was a new one? only thing I can see implemented is a bard type frame/ support job role. I don't know what other ways we can see a DD frame (we have mage, melee, ranger). Lets go wild and say maybe a geomancer frame? A heavier DD like GA, GKT, Scythe, GS, frame.

What other kind of things do you hope will be implimented in the expansion for pup? attachments, etc.

just curious =)
 Leviathan.Veltan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-03-14 10:17:33  
Same thing every expansion gives us: disappointment and mage gear.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-03-14 10:21:42  
Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel said: »
Hey yall, I was just thinking a little bit about the upcoming expansion, and it hit me..... New auto frame possibility?

What do you think the possibility of a new frame will be?

Lets also hypothetically say there is a new frame, what is your best idea of what it could be?

I say we have about a 35% chance of a new frame, I only got a glimpse of hope because in the new trailer there's a pup npc in town.

If there was a new one? only thing I can see implemented is a bard type frame/ support job role. I don't know what other ways we can see a DD frame (we have mage, melee, ranger). Lets go wild and say maybe a geomancer frame? A heavier DD like GA, GKT, Scythe, GS, frame.

What other kind of things do you hope will be implimented in the expansion for pup? attachments, etc.

just curious =)
I've always wanted my soulless trashcan to cast Utsusemi :<
BRD would be nice...but then we'd lose the cures along with that haste :(
I think we should leave resolution spamage to the other DD's :<
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-14 10:24:17  
New gear that probably won't be any more useful than what you have access to now. Weapons that will be worse than Vereth, Kenkonken, or even Bluttkrallen/Oyurani/Brawny.
I'm looking forward to the expansion, but I doubt it's going to bring anything major to Pup, or change it's current purpose.

35% chance at a new frame seems insanely high based on "there's a pup NPC."
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-14 10:24:21  
Npc is dressed as pup cause she's the leader of the mummers, so it only makes sense that her job would be pup.

Pup is getting the same things as everyone else, new frames and heads are impossible.
[+]
By BtotheMAC 2013-03-14 10:27:29  
/em crosses fingers for a new frame.

A faster attacking dual weilding DOT mob could be cool. Otherwise I agree a support job bot could be fun and get pups to more events ^^
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-03-14 11:28:53  
The issue with a new DD frame, or even increasing Dmg potential, is that the non-pet jobs will be able to receive bard and cor buffs. And no, pet focused rolls don't mean much since you have to drop other rolls like chaos just to use them. I am referring to large buffing events like legion or even high tier VW.

Edited lolphone post
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-14 11:38:22  
Would love to see them implement a dancer frame. I always thought the little automatons looked really cute when they dance. They could make different attachments to enable/disable/prioritize certain sambas/waltzes/steps. Each step could be associated with a Maneuver as well so you can try and force -DEF -EVA etc etc.

Put certain limits on it of course so it doesn't replace dancers, limit dazes to level 3 or something, cap the haste samba at 5%, but still have it be more effective than just having your own /DNC alone.

This would also open up a bit more for PUP in terms of Dyna, PUP/THF would be much more viable with the Automaton doing more JAs.

I dunno, pipe dreams I guess.
[+]
By Malach 2013-03-14 11:41:18  
Give us a pup type fram so our auto can deploy his own auto.... >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-14 11:44:19  
I'd be happy if they just add a TH+ attachment.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-14 11:44:27  
Two other jobs to change to.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-14 11:58:55  
I'd like to see a new melee frame, that's close range. Our "melee" frame is more of a tank/DD frame, and our ranged one is good but I want a non piercing one. Axe arm, or GK arm, or just something new. Would be nice.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-03-14 12:42:08  
Leviathan.Veltan said: »
Same thing every expansion gives us: disappointment and mage gear.

While we still get shafted on some stuff, there's a pretty nice assortment of melee gear for PUP at 99.

I don't look for a new automaton, but I second what Jonadriel said- give us a Treasure Hunter attachment. Otherwise I don't really have too many realistic wants for puppetmaster. We are doing fairly well right now in the grand scheme of things. I'd like to see either 1) maneuvers to have a longer duration, like 3 mins or 2) JA delay removed for maneuvers. But I know that's not going to happen.
 Fenrir.Soulstealers
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Soulstealers 2013-03-14 19:49:49  
I would be happy if you could transfer your stat buffs to your puppet :) maybe a new JA
[+]
 Sylph.Silvra
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-03-16 01:05:13  
I say the change the lines on the frames, make Valor a bit more like a PLD/WAR and make Harley more a MNK/WAR, Valor higher DEF HP where Harley would have Martial Arts type delay. Maybe swing on each hand.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-03-16 01:08:57  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Two other jobs to change to.
just pissed my pants laughing^
[+]
 Sylph.Silvra
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-03-16 19:45:45  
I really wish they would add an ability to either bring up 3 of the same maneuver at once, something like "Initialize" or some way to freeze your current maneuvers for a long time, guess you could call it "Compile" or something LOL. These would help things a lot. Also wish there was a stay command some my auto would stand OVER THERE --> away from the horrible AOE until I tell it to come back to me.