Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 188 189 190
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-04-24 17:57:23  
Bit confused on Embolden's bg description. It says "The ability description is deceiving, as the spell can be cast by another player. It's spells cast on you, not by yourself.", does it mean that it won't work on spells I cast on myself? Also, do I need to use Evasionist's Cape for Embolden precast or midcast of my spell?
 Sylph.Ice
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-24 18:02:20  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
Bit confused on Embolden's bg description. It says "The ability description is deceiving, as the spell can be cast by another player. It's spells cast on you, not by yourself.", does it mean that it won't work on spells I cast on myself? Also, do I need to use Evasionist's Cape for Embolden precast or midcast of my spell?

It works if you cast on yourself as well. Embolden and Temper is a very strong combo for example. It needs to be on during midcast.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-04-24 18:03:04  
It will work on self cast, but also spells that are cast on you by another player.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-04-24 18:06:07  
Thanks, was just making sure! Both of you guys said the opposite on the 2nd part though :x What would the function be to have Evasionist's Cape equipped during my midcast with Embolden buff up?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-04-24 18:06:57  
I was thinking of the other JSE cape, I don't have an augmented evasionist's to say for sure.
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-24 18:11:29  
Thanks, was just making sure! Both of you guys said the opposite on the 2nd part though :x What would the function be to have Evasionist's Cape equipped during my midcast with Embolden buff up?

I kinda went the ghetto route for this and made it lock the back piece if embolden was active, so that other people could cast on me if I wanted them to as well. It's probably not the most efficient.

I put this in the function buff_change(buff,gain) section.
Code
	--Embolden cape lock--
	if buff == 'embolden' then
		if gain then 
			send_command('gs disable back')
			equip({back="Evasionist's Cape"})
			add_to_chat(158,'[Embolden] ON -- Back Locked')
		elseif not gain then
			send_command('gs enable back')
			add_to_chat(123,'[Embolden] OFF -- Back Unlocked')
			status_change(player.status)
		end
	end

If you don't care about others casting on you, I guess something like this may work?
Code
if spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' then
equipSet = sets.Midcast['Enhancing Magic']
elseif spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' and buffactive.Embolden then
equipSet = set_combine(sets.Midcast['Enhancing Magic'],{back="Evasionist's Cape"})
end
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-04-25 08:19:41  
Looking for some advice on my non-DRing Hybrid set (*** you KB). Should I be using Futhark +1 Body or Ayanmo Corazza +1 in this set? The herc gloves have an additional augment of PDT -3%.

Basically an extra -2% DT/Regen +3 vs Acc+40/Double Attk + 6%. I've been going with the Ayanmo body but I have the chapters to +1 the body if that's better.

ItemSet 350775
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-04-25 10:20:56  
Ayanmo body is awesome for hybrid builds. Same with Meghanada legs. I use Meghanada head as well for a bit more accuracy.

There was some discussion about hybrid builds about 2 pages back if you're interested with some great examples. Pages 109-110.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-04-25 11:22:29  
Ah! Thanks for pointing those out to me :D
 Odin.Speedyjim
サーバ: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-25 12:58:34  
Sylph.Ice said: »

I kinda went the ghetto route for this and made it lock the back piece if embolden was active, so that other people could cast on me if I wanted them to as well. It's probably not the most efficient.

Code
	--Embolden cape lock--
		if gain then 
		elseif not gain then
		end
	end
I tried editing the code above to include Erilaz Galea and Futhark Trousers getting locked but failed. Any help is appreciated, I use a Mote RUN lua.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-25 13:36:01  
Code
function init_gear_sets()
    sets.precast.JA['Embolden'] = {
        head="Erilaz Galea +1",
        legs="Futhark Trousers +1",
        back="Evasionist's Cape",
        }
end

Code
function job_buff_change(buff,gain)
    --Embolden cape lock--
    if buff == 'Embolden' then
        if gain then 
            disable('head','legs','back')
            equip(sets.precast.JA['Embolden'])
        else
            enable('head','legs','back')
        end
    end
end
[+]
 Odin.Speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-25 14:17:53  
Thank you, Arislan. That's exactly what I tried previously but it didn't work. Won't lock the slots and won't even add the msg to chat.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-25 14:25:48  
Try buff == "emboldened". Just checked in the resource files, and the buff was listed in there as such.

Edit: nvm, it has to be "Embolden"
[+]
 Odin.Speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-25 14:34:00  
Tried that, as well as buffactive[534], still nothing. I'll just live with it, I guess.
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-25 17:15:35  
Odin.Speedyjim said: »
Sylph.Ice said: »

Code
	--Embolden cape lock--
		if gain then 
		elseif not gain then
		end
	end
I tried editing the code above to include Erilaz Galea and Futhark Trousers getting locked but failed. Any help is appreciated, I use a Mote RUN lua.

I don't really use Motenten's luas, except for his BRD one. I'm not a big fan of them. If you post your gearswap, someone who has more experience with Montenten's may be able to help.
By DanielH 2017-04-30 09:17:52  
Odin.Speedyjim said: »
Tried that, as well as buffactive[534], still nothing. I'll just live with it, I guess.

Make sure you use the right function:

MOTE INCLUDES:
Code
function job_buff_change(buff,gain)

end

OTHERWISE:
Code
function buff_change(buff,gain)

end
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-30 20:10:43  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Had a lot of fun with this. I'll begin working on a 2nd part to the previous video sometime soon. It'll be on the DPS aspect of RUN.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2017-05-01 08:02:27  
Sharing some of my sets ive been using for omen, I do all bosses with /blu sub after some gear upgrade hunting and practice.

Low hp dt swap set for omen curing objectives (~2300 hp before food)
ItemSet 350953
*swap between this and the high hp set to quickly do the curing objectives.

high hp set for trash floor mass pulling, +omen curing objective (~2900 hp before food)
carmine+1 legs are Path A for +80hp , you really want +1 legs if you mass pull trash to round it up quick and get back to the healer.
ItemSet 350954
*This is also the set I swap into manually before outrunning Dancing Fullers on Kei/Ou since it has a good amount over 2500hp + 18% runspeed to quickly move

This is my spell interrupt set for /blu spells when i pull the entire pack of trash on omen floors 1+2 and need to get those spells off while getting hammered by everything.
~2600hp no food
ItemSet 350955

even with 26pdt + -5pdtII and cocoon with miso ramen+1 I feel alittle squishy, but it works np.

Rawhide gloves path B (for the +50hp)
3pdt + 5 spell interrupt on dark ring
9-10 SIR on Taeon Hat+Body, also augmented with +VIT +MagicEvasion
+10 SIR from merits = 104%SIR
carmine+1 legs are Path A for +80hp

I only use SIR set for aquaveil (in case i'm different subjob) and blue magic atm, so i'm doing code in my gs file like this for midcast:
Code
	if spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
		equip(sets.Utility.BlueMagicSIR)
		--send_command('@input /echo <----- BlueMagicSIR ----->')
	end

if spell.english == 'Aquaveil' then
		equip(sets.Utility.BlueMagicSIR)
		--send_command('@input /echo <----- AQUAVEIL --- set: BlueMagicSIR ----->')
	end	

Also one note on Kin boss, i thought I was going to really struggle for mp and have trouble with him as /blu, but mixing in 1-2 tenebrae runes regularly to vivpulse back mp to flash+foil+ spam some blu spell and redo stoneskin+phalanx etc wasnt an issue.
I found it much easier to nullify Kin target+death sentence mechanic by chilling out on hatebuilding so much so the dps naturally steal hate about 5-10seconds after target happens to break it, then steal hate back and continue.

Also the easiest way to quickly fix all gearset to stay above 2500hp for dancing fuller on kei/ou is //gs disable back slot and use a moonbeam cape if you dont want to write tons of gs code.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-05-01 09:12:55  
So I am struggling to figure out why my Resolution damage is lacking. After getting Montante +1, my Dimidiation damage and overall DPS has been a lot better but Reso still feels lackluster. Merited 5/5 obviously =p

I was in a group doing some Yilan/Naphulas last night and Dim was hitting regularly for 8-12k (COR, no Geo) but Reso rarely hit for over ~6.5k. I was using sublime sushi so I don't think accuracy was the issue. I am thinking I must be swapping in the wrong pieces for my sets or something. Aiming to get as close to the ideal sets in the OP but working with what I have so far.

Here are the two sets:

Dim:

ItemSet 350956

Herc Head/Legs both have some DEX/ Accuracy & Attack + and WSD + 3%. Feet are DEX, Acc and Attack, Trip Atk +3.

Reso:

ItemSet 350957

Herc Helm om this one has DEX and Trip Atk +3. Adhemar Hands Path B. Herc Feet are the same as the ones in Dim set - dex, acc/attack, trip atk +3.

Am I missing something here? Feel like my Reso's should hit a ton harder than they do but I have yet to land one that felt satisfying. Worth noting I am lacking on JP gifts still, waiting for CP campaign to start :D
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-05-01 09:22:11  
You're losing (potentially) 30 STR from not having a different set of herc for Reso, 5 STR from ring 2, not using belt / gorget. Your Reso set is closer to a Rudra's set than it is to how it should be for Reso.

Edit: Sorry I glossed over that you are working towards the sets on first page.

Anyway, you need a lot more STR than you currently have. There's a decent amount of cheap and easy-to-get replacements you can make atm. Use the first 2 sets on page 1 as a base until you can do sets 3 and 4.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-01 09:31:47  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Am I missing something here? Feel like my Reso's should hit a ton harder than they do but I have yet to land one that felt satisfying. Worth noting I am lacking on JP gifts still, waiting for CP campaign to start :D

Ok a few things, firstly Fotia Belt + Gorget are absolutely critical to Resolution damage along with moonshade. That's a good 55% increase right there on those three items. Second Resolution is extremely sensitive to attack, something that RUN really lacks. Resolution comes with a -15% attack penalty, meaning that if you had 1500 attack in WS set, it's treated as though you had 1275 attack instead. The other two jobs that use Resolution have these huge innate attack boosts coupled with extremely high attack gear, the penalty is something they can ignore but not RUN. After this is dealt with you need to stack STR and Multi-Attack (DA/TA/QA) because the fTP multiplier is applied to every hit making additional attacks really powerful.

So
Step #1 get Fotia Gorget + Belt with TP Bonus Moonshade
Step #2 Get high attack, either with gear or through lots of buffs / debuffs.
Step #3 Pump up STR and Multi-Attack

If your unable to do these then Dimi or Spinning Slash would serve you better.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-05-01 09:35:36  
Hmm makes sense. I was favoring Double/Triple Attack in every slot pretty much. And yea, belt/gorget are at the top of my to-do list at the moment.

I also just realized I am using Adhemar Hands instead of Meg. Gloves +1. That is an interesting comparison, I thought the triple atk would put adhemar above it but according to the page 1 sets it does not.

I'll try swapping in a few different pieces. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions :)

Edit: Does using the corresponding belt/gorget give the same bonus as Fotia? For example, if I were to use Thunder Belt/Thunder Gorget for the time being. I think fTP + 0.1 is the same as WS Acc/Damage + 10% but not exactly sure.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-01 09:43:34  
Seriously go get TP Bonus moonshade, it's really easy to do solo and absolutely critical for all damage dealing jobs in this game. To give you an idea of the kinds of increase's you will see.

Reso 1/2/3 TP

0.71875 / 1.5 / 2.25

+250 TP is +0.19531 fTP to all hits, a 27% increase in damage. It's the single biggest increase in damage from a slot, and it's in an earring slot.

Edit: Does using the corresponding belt/gorget give the same bonus as Fotia? For example, if I were to use Thunder Belt/Thunder Gorget for the time being.

Yes they do. You don't actually need Fotia, they are merely space savers. Resolution is Fragmentation / Scission so Thunder, Wind or Soil belt / gorget works for them.

Ohh and the text on them is extremely misleading, gogo bad translation. It's not "Weapon Skill Damage +10%" like other WSD items, it's literally +0.1 increase to the fTP multiplier. If you look you can see the low level WS's having 1.0 fTP's and being one hit, and so a +0.1 increase to them is indeed +10%. This changes dramatically as higher level WS's get TP multipliers and multiple hits that may or may not copy that multiplier.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-01 09:50:05  
Minor nitpick, but fotia has the added 1% chance to save tp. Not huge on the spreadsheet, but it's still something and it's aesthetically pleasing when it procs on a high TP ws.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-01 10:19:35  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Minor nitpick, but fotia has the added 1% chance to save tp. Not huge on the spreadsheet, but it's still something and it's aesthetically pleasing when it procs on a high TP ws.

All about that Conserve TP +14%
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-01 14:54:00  
So I am struggling to figure out why my Resolution damage is lacking. After getting Montante +1, my Dimidiation damage and overall DPS has been a lot better but Reso still feels lackluster. Merited 5/5 obviously =p

I was in a group doing some Yilan/Naphulas last night and Dim was hitting regularly for 8-12k (COR, no Geo) but Reso rarely hit for over ~6.5k. I was using sublime sushi so I don't think accuracy was the issue. I am thinking I must be swapping in the wrong pieces for my sets or something. Aiming to get as close to the ideal sets in the OP but working with what I have so far.

Reso is extremely buff dependent for a RUN. If you don't have some combination of Last Resort/Minuets/Chaos Roll/Fury/Frailty/Dia III/etc up, it's gonna be a rough ride. You could have a perfect Reso set and still do ***damage if you're not getting the buffs you need.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-05-01 14:56:32  
Yeah, honestly if no Aeonic or buffs, you are probably better spamming self light with Dimi.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-05-01 15:04:51  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Tfw it procs multiple times in a row:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Afania 2017-05-01 22:52:03  
I also just realized I am using Adhemar Hands instead of Meg. Gloves +1. That is an interesting comparison, I thought the triple atk would put adhemar above it but according to the page 1 sets it does not.

On my spreadsheet Adhemar hands B does beat Meg. +1, but it lacks accuracy. You may have to WS in Meg. +1 most of the time for it's acc.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-05-02 17:37:31  
Not sure what I am doing wrong to create a MB on Runefencer,
My understanding is:

Dimidation > Dimidation = Light skillcahin > Lunge or Swipe (Thunder/Wind/Light/Fire Runes on x3) = MB

or am I leaving something out ?
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 188 189 190