Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 188 189 190
By Afania 2017-12-14 11:35:08  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Switching topics with a quick question:

Raetic Chopper/+1 is RUN's best Gaxe. Have Lionheart, just wondering how practical it is to grab something like this, for (mainly) Armor Break, but also being more skillchain flexibile. Even with AM3, GS isn't always the most SC friendly.

So how is Raetic Chopper parsing nowadays? Close to GS or no?

If you are making SC, then parse doesnt matter really. You just need to tp to 1000 before window close.

I would personally grab Hep. Axe instead. It doesnt drain MP, has full break(higher land rate and better SC property). RUN can only recover MP every once a min, I dont see how its mp can keep up, personally.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-14 12:20:31  
RUN gets refresh + potency+2. Tenebrae x3 as well. Unless it's a lengthy fight, RUN may be okay.

That said, I forgot about Hep Axe.
By geigei 2017-12-14 12:36:34  
I tried raetic algol for fun, drained my mp in seconds.
By Afania 2017-12-14 12:43:38  
RUN gets refresh + potency+2. Tenebrae x3 as well. Unless it's a lengthy fight, RUN may be okay.

Thats not anywhere close to enough since run has mp. The bigger mp pool=faster it drains. Tenebrae is once per min, already mentioned.

You arent going to keep up wih 40 to 50 mp drain every hit at capped haste.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-14 13:21:42  
Uhm... no.
Unless you're building a Raetic specific party with lotsa buffs aimed that way, you're not gonna exploit Raetic weapons on RUN.

Best Gaxe imho probably is Beheader+1 (UNM).
Hepatizon might have an use, dunno. Full Break is an interesting addition.

If you want cheap options and cba to farm the one form the Shadows UNM then it's Hepatizon NQ vs Arasy HQ I'd say.

Edit:
Oh there's Blurred+1 too. Aside from the "good luck finding one" I'm not sure how it would perform.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-14 13:38:11  
Afania said: »

Thats not anywhere close to enough since run has mp. The bigger mp pool=faster it drains. Tenebrae is once per min, already mentioned.

it drains a percentage, so it drains at the same rate. the only thing a bigger mp pool doesn't have over a smaller one is how fast you can recover your MP vs how fast you're draining it.
 Odin.Esor
サーバ: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2017-12-16 11:32:51  
off topic but is the current guides enhancing set still the best? im just trying to figure out the best temper set to make.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-16 11:49:01  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

it drains a percentage, so it drains at the same rate. the only thing a bigger mp pool doesn't have over a smaller one is how fast you can recover your MP vs how fast you're draining it.
That was his point; 50 mp/hit is a heck of a lot faster rate than 15 mp/hit.
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-16 12:17:18  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Uhm... no.
Unless you're building a Raetic specific party with lotsa buffs aimed that way, you're not gonna exploit Raetic weapons on RUN.

Best Gaxe imho probably is Beheader+1 (UNM).
Hepatizon might have an use, dunno. Full Break is an interesting addition.

I dont see how beheader +1 beats Hep axe +1

Hep axe +1: DMG 330, delay 489, str 15, vit 15, acc 32, ws acc 30, gets full break(distortion)

Beheader +1: DMG 274 delay 489 str 16, acc 24

Beheader +1 has some defensive stats but dmg and acc are way lower. I dont see how 1 str can make up for it.

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Like Geriond said, mp drained at the same rate is exactly the reason why refresh buffs cant keep up. Refresh recovers mp every 3 sec. How many swings a RUN can do in 3 sec with capped haste, embolden temper and all that multi attack in TP set?

If the job is warrior, drains 15 mp every swing, that would at least be reasonable in escha.

If Im listing jobs with mp that can keep up with the mp drain, Tizona blu, drk entropy, melee mage with myrkr are the only job/playstyle that I can think of.
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-16 12:34:22  
You’ll have close to two attack rounds per refresh tick if you’re capped haste with GS/GA
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-12-16 14:58:16  
HepGAxeHQ should easily win that for all the many reasons you would use a great axe in the first place
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-16 18:12:31  
if run has 1000 mp and war has 300 (above suggested MP lost per round) and only the 11 a tick from escha, run will run out at about 37 second where warrior will run out at about 54.

swings don't matter, it's how many rounds.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-12-17 08:06:39  
Reposting from BG.

Martel said:
It's come to my attention that the fast cast buff from inspiration doesn't follow normal fast cast rules in regards to recasts reduction.

BG wiki fast cast page said:
*Casting Time reduction cap is 80%.
**Thus, Fast Cast's maximum contribution to recast reduction is 40%.
Inspiration fast cast doesn't seem to follow this rule when used in conjunction with FC gear.

Did a test with 80% in fast cast gear, and 26% haste. No magic haste.

Ustusemi: Ni recast, 20 seconds.

Popped vallation with 5/5 merits and Futhark legs. + 60% fast cast.

Ustusemi: Ni recast, 10 seconds.

Since the recast contribution for fastcast should have been capped at 40%, due to the 80% FC cap, this should have done nothing.

Furthermore the change in recast is consistent with having 140 FC(or 70% recast reduction.)

base * haste * fc reduction
Test 1: 45*0.75*0.6=20.25
Test 2: 45*0.75*0.3=10.125

I welcome any corrections to my math, seeing as I didn't even realize that FC recast reduction was a separate step from haste reduction till I did this testing and the numbers didn't make sense. I thought you just added up all the reductions. /fail.

This would seem to imply that Inspiration breaks the fast cast cap, so I did a series of tests on casting time. Nothing intensive. I just added some code to my lua to record os time on the precast and aftercast of my spells then use those to give me a casting time. Going from 80% casting time reduction to 100% should be pretty noticeable I'd think.

After doing some control and inspiration up tests I couldn't see any difference between the two beyond normal packet jitter. I didn't record the cast time values, since it seemed pretty clear the casting time cap wasn't being exceeded.

Just to make sure the recast thing was something unique to inspiration and not a change to normal FC mechanics, I also did a short test on WHM/RDM. cast reraise with 80% FC and 19% haste for a 29 second recast. Added 14% more FC, but still got a 29 sec recast. So this does appear to be Inspiration specific.

My last test was to see if this would allow recasts to be reduced by more than 80%. Capped magic haste, kept 80% FC and 25% haste equipped. Under these conditions Ni recast was 9 seconds with and without Inspiration. So this does not exceed the global cap.

TLDR: Inspiration Fast Cast exceeds the normal recast reduction caps for Fast Cast.This does not apply to casting time caps, and cannot bypass the global recast reduction cap.

Basically what this means is that RUN can have very nearly capped recast reduction without any haste buffs at all. Or when you have Haste buffs, you don't have to use as much FC gear to get the same recast. This is particularly nice for enmity spells like flash and foil, as it lets you stack full enmity gear with no increase in recast time.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-17 12:12:08  
does anyone use any subs besides war, drk, sam, or nin that they want me to add to my sim? I know blu is used as well, but with different spell sets it might just be easier to use rdm sub's stats for that since blu is just reduced rdm stats
By Afania 2017-12-18 16:41:53  
Decided to tweak tp set a bit more, changed head to adhemar +1 B. Brought it to ambuscade VD and it worked surprisingly well this month with all that parry and more tp from HF parry. Unless hp gets low, Turtling isn't required if RUN pulls hate, just pop Battuta and DD with free TP.

ItemSet 355230

QA+3 body/hands/feet, change hands to adhemar +1 if pt has no COR.
DA +10 back actually beats STP +10 with /SAM, so I may do a new one for this SJ. My tp acc went below 1100 with this set but with embolden temper and all that MA and parry the tp speed is just insane. So a brd is mandatory for madrigals.

Plugged in my sets in spreadsheet and it shows over 7k dps without warcry, 8.4k with warcry. I cant quite get that high on WAR spreadsheet unless I turn on MS.

It's certainly up there with war Sam drk for zergs. The only downside is that it needs all 3 support jobs(geo brd cor) to pull off this kind of dps. Which often isn't available in 6 man pt due to the lack of slots. Anytime I get 2 supports instead of 3 my dps went below top end DDs.
 Lakshmi.Vadian
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Vadian 2017-12-18 17:04:31  
Decided to tweak tp set a bit more, changed head to adhemar +1 B. Brought it to ambuscade VD and it worked surprisingly well this month with all that parry and more tp from HF parry. Unless hp gets low, Turtling isn't required if RUN pulls hate, just pop Battuta and DD with free TP.

ItemSet 355230

DA +10 back actually beats STP +10 with /SAM, so I may do a new one for this SJ. My tp acc went below 1100 with this set but with embolden temper and all that MA and parry the tp speed is just insane. So a brd is mandatory for madrigals.

Plugged in my sets in spreadsheet and it shows over 7k dps without warcry, 8.4k with warcry. I cant quite get that high on WAR spreadsheet unless I turn on MS.

It's certainly up there with war Sam drk for zergs. The only downside is that it needs all 3 support jobs(geo brd cor) to pull off this kind of dps. Which often isn't available in 6 man pt due to the lack of slots. Anytime I get 2 supports instead of 3 my dps went below top end DDs.

Why Samnuha Tights instead of Meghanda +2?
By clearlyamule 2017-12-18 17:11:37  
The average increase in number of hits is kind of minor with Meghanda but 7 stp is a pretty big deal
By Afania 2017-12-18 17:35:27  
Lakshmi.Vadian said: »

ItemSet 355230

I got higher numbers from Samnuha on spreadsheet, even if attack isn't capped.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vadian
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Vadian 2017-12-18 22:35:47  
Lakshmi.Vadian said: »

ItemSet 355230

I got higher numbers from Samnuha on spreadsheet, even if attack isn't capped.

What and where do I find this spreadsheet that I see everyone talking about?
By Afania 2017-12-18 23:33:50  
It's on the first page of this guide.
[+]
By Boshi 2017-12-19 18:09:29  
Anyone care to share Fell cleave set? It’s pretty useful in Omen and I’m not cery familiar with equiping aoe physical ws
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-12-19 18:15:09  
Ya know I've never really thought much about damage for AoE ws's that weren't shockwave(i just go macc to the max) or aeolian edge ( I typically just did mab on nin back in abyssea days)

If no answer here maybe check with war thread?

That being said ima ask in random thread as well lol
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-19 18:16:51  
just str/wsd/acc/attack herc with meg +2 gloves is what i use.
By Taint 2017-12-19 18:19:52  
Fell cleave is 60% str 2.75 http://ftp. TP effects AoE size.

So stack WSdmg and str. No Moonshade is needed.

Hepa Gaxe is a great RUN tool. Full break for opening and Fell cleave.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Hepatizon_Axe_%2B1
By Boshi 2017-12-19 20:03:10  
I have been using this:
ItemSet 355545
Head wsd8
Legs str14 ta2 acc 35 att38
Cape str30 wsd10

I judt wan’t sure of aoe ws mechanics if multiattack would wib on slots lole head/bod/hands adhemar or brutal for ear2
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-12-21 07:52:20  
Anyone have a good high end magic evasion set that caps MDT (with shell) and doesn't give up massive amounts of HP? Always looking for ways to improve my sets, this is what I'm currently working with.

ItemSet 355589
By Boshi 2017-12-21 11:18:03  
You got 28 mdt in thsi set so you got some space to drop. Also don't forget odnowa earring +1 has mdt-2.

Is this for status ailment sor for nukes, because if you use that necklace you might as well also use shadow ring (for absorbing dmg)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-21 11:34:41  
Is there any enemy in-game that poses a threat to a Master RUN with his spells?
Aside from Chainspell maybe?

Because I can't think of any. Even without runes up I've never found myself in a situation where I thought "damn, I need to reduce the damage from these spells, I'm in real danger!"
I'm probably forgetting some NM.

But usually it's more about the physical damage, breath damage or dangerous TP moves (that can also be magical damage) rather than spells cast by some NM :x
By geigei 2017-12-21 11:45:16  
I think is more about resist debuffs, my run doesn't take magic dmg.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-21 11:56:11  
Honestly I share the same view as you Sechs.
I've been using this set in all fights so far without any threat what so ever....

ItemSet 355593

With Battuta up I switch to Trumus Feet + AF3 Body
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 188 189 190