Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-01-11 10:09:24  
Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
RUN already has the Max HP Boost trait though, so do the /BLU traits for that even matter?
Sorry, poorly phrased. Not HP traits, but some spells give you HP+ when equipped, like Wild Oats and Metallic Body. You can't get the actual HP trait from /BLU all the spells that give it are above 49.

It may be the auto-regen trait you were thinking of, RUN does get that and there's no point trying to get it from /BLU spells. But I set the two spells that give it anyway, because they're useful...
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-01-11 19:50:13  
geigei said: »
With blm bursting era kinda dead atm, is there a reason not to 5/5 inspiration?

It is sort of dead in terms of it's popularity, but with the addition of Marine Stewpot, and the changes to Frazzle III, it's by no means a bad strategy. It works about the same now that it did back about a year or so ago.

The main difference is everyone is fixated on SMN now because it circumvents many other problems when you can just Odyllic and the Conduit spam. Less strategy, and still less loss. It's horrendously boring though, but most don't seem to care. After all BLM burn back in the day was somewhat reliable, but not nearly as reliable.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-11 19:56:19  
Merits are so easy to get now that you can just switch merit allocation for a single group if necessary.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-11 20:01:57  
I assume we are talking about in lieu of having some rayke but remember it's also potentially good for skillchain dmg too
By Pantafernando 2018-01-13 05:58:08  
Hi.

Is it possible to make ashitacast/gearswap do 3 swaps during same casting? What i miss in my RUN is swapping to fast cast till the moment of the cast, swapping to SID during the cast then changing for whatever gear for the actual casting. If so, how to do it? Ive been reading some tutorial and examples but it wasnt clear if its possible to equip SID during entire duration of the casting.

Thanks in advance.
By geigei 2018-01-13 06:12:43  
I think's is possible (don't remember how) but the window in which sid is active is so small i doubt you'll get any benefit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-01-13 07:04:43  
Usually it isn't possible (in gearswap, I'm not sure about ashitacast). The only way I know is calculate your casting time of every spell, midcast in SID and inject a packet with your actual gear right before your character finishes casting. But even then it's nearly impossible if we take internet latency in consideration.
[+]
 Leviathan.Louisoix
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-01-13 16:43:34  
ashitacast its either your fc set or your sir set. afiak.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-18 12:22:15  
I'm not a Rune Fencer, but I know you guys sometimes use /blu, and was thinking about trying it out in solo situations.

Basically, I'm wondering about the best spell loadout. I know Cocoon is mandatary, but then what's best after that? Killer traits? Refueling (for when your mages are in a bad way)? Geist Wall (does that even stick /blu)?
By tyalangan 2018-01-18 12:52:01  
Last page...

Asura.Pergatory said: »
These are the main spells that I use on RUN/BLU:

Cocoon (keeping it up is annoying but well worth it)

Geist Wall + Sheep Song (AOE hate spells)

Jettatura (Single target high hate, super long recast)

Blank Gaze (Single target medium hate, insanely low recast)

Healing Breeze (Never know when you need to wake up your party)

I use full SID sets for Cocoon, Geist Wall, Sheep Song, Healing Breeze, and Aquaveil. I'm pretty sure there's no point mixing in SID if you don't cap it though. Either go for +102 or don't bother.

In general, I agree with geigei, obviously if you can cast between hits in full enmity it's better but my most common AOE hate scenario is after pulling dozens of mobs in Omen and depending on how long of a train they form you can end up with no gaps in their attacks in which you can safely cast so that's why I use SID. Besides, I usually am just using them to get on the hate list more than actually generating tons of hate. After that, Foil spam can work its magic. I'm a back line player by nature, so things like this have never been my strong suit.

As far as filler spells, I mainly just went for HP+ traits. I think I have Metallic Body, Wild Oats, and maybe Refueling set.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-18 14:35:52  
Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Usually it isn't possible (in gearswap, I'm not sure about ashitacast). The only way I know is calculate your casting time of every spell, midcast in SID and inject a packet with your actual gear right before your character finishes casting. But even then it's nearly impossible if we take internet latency in consideration.
just put your SIRD set in your precast not midcast.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-18 14:46:42  
zaxtiss said: »
Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
just put your SIRD set in your precast not midcast.

Doesn't work, SIRD affects midcast only.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-18 15:11:25  
and this is why i tend to be a perma noob lol
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-01-19 03:10:53  
I have a question about Ethereal Earring, Flume Belt and Erilaz Surcoat +1. At what point is the dmg conversion calculated? I can't seem to find any info about it on BG-wiki.

I'd also like to know if they work together or if only the piece with highest conversion rate matters.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-19 03:38:24  
Pretty sure they work at the same time but they have different effects though.
Ethereal and Flume convert any sort of damage, Erilaz Surcoat converts physical only.

Not sure if they're addittive or multiplicative and not sure at which point the conversion is calculated but I suspect it happens after the damage reduction. I would say it gets calculated towards the end of the damage formula.
i.e. the damage you see in the log or not far before that.
Judging from the returns I doubt it gets calculated anywhere close to the original damage (before DT etc).

Not 100% sure about all this btw. Hope someone can confirm or deny it, I'm pretty curious myself.
MP is an important resource for RUN especially if you go /BLU.
Sometimes you can't get Refresh3 and sometimes you just cannot rely on swapping to 3 Dark Runes and using Vivacious Pulse, so knowing when to rely on these items could make some setups much more effective.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-01-19 08:06:08  
I've posted some testing before that answers most of these questions... but the search function is throwing a 504 error right now. I'll try to find an link the post manually in a bit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-01-19 09:13:24  
Found it! I'm glad I remembered that it wasn't in the PLD guide thread. would have been skimming for a long time without the search function..

Link
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I got curious while thinking about this, and decided to test if Ochain's MP convert and other convert gear were additive to the same term.

And they do seem to be.

Tested with Ochain, ethereal, flume and Creed head+2. 35% MP convert. Used Hannibal's sword+Ares's cuirass+1 to 0 my auto refresh.

*note. The screenshot is just an example of how I was testing. More data than this is used in the table below.
Code
MP	DMG	MP2	Mpgain	percent	Calc'd	rounding loss
6	40	20	14		0.35	14	0
20	34	31	11		0.323	11.9	0.9
31	85	60	29		0.341	29.75	0.75
60	45	75	15		0.333	15.75	0.75
27	61	48	21		0.344	21.35	0.35
48	88	78	30		0.34	30.8	0.8
132	65	154	22		0.338	22.75	0.75
154	70	178	24		0.342	24.5	0.5
178	85	207	29		0.341	29.75	0.75

You lose a bit to rounding(well, flooring more like) a lot of the time, but it does look like 35% MP convert. So with 99 Ochain, you should indeed be able to reach 45% MP convert.
Anyway, these results show that converts dmg to MP from varying sources stacks additive. And is based on the damage you actually take.
[+]
 Cerberus.Devlin
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Devlin 2018-02-06 09:04:21  
Are all the gear sets on the front page up to date? Like tp and tanking and such?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-02-06 10:11:29  
The tanking builds are pretty basic and can be improved on at the top end (mainly thanks to the crazy high stat vomit on +3 gear which can shift priorities a bit), but the rest are more or less up to date.

Here's the tanking build I've been using lately:

ItemSet 348167

Some good alternatives are Herc Helm/Gloves with DT-4 augment, Engraved Belt, and various pieces on the front page like Erilaz body.

There's actually a lot of variation in tanking builds from RUN to RUN, really as long as you cap PDT/MDT the rest is personal preference and I tend to lean heavily toward magic evasion although I admit my idle build lacks in enmity+ and I've been thinking of using Kurys Gloves.

The other big thing missing from the front page is Turms gear. Body is fantastic for TP, feet are fantastic for tanking while engaged, and hands can get you some self-healing while engaged if you need it. The hat isn't bad for a regain set, either. And the whole set has ridiculous magic evasion.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-06 10:48:59  
For someone just starting out on the job, what is the priority order for ambu capes for RUN?
By Pantafernando 2018-02-06 11:03:12  
I would make, for tanking purpose, a cape with HP+60, MEVA+30 and enmity+10.

While tanking one of my main concerns is being interrupted while being zerged so a fast cast cape is important, to me at least. Also, it allows you to reduce merits on inspiration (if you use it, i personally do) and put on rayke or battuta.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-06 11:27:39  
Pantafernando said: »
While tanking one of my main concerns is being interrupted while being zerged so a fast cast cape is important, to me at least.

I completely agree about having a Fast Cast (FC) cape. Thanks to all of the enmity tools available to RUN, I haven't invested an inventory slot to an Enmity cape, yet. But RUN seriously lacks the great options available to PLD that combines Spell Interruption Rate (SIR) and/or - Damage Taken(DT) %/ High Hit Points (HP), so a HP/ Magic Evasion/ FC helps support those sets.

SIR is most useful for slower casting /BLU spells. If you use /BLU often, prioritize a FC cape. Unless you are lacking good Enmity options in other slots, you likely won't notice having or not having an Enmity specific cape--I haven't. I literally tank in a FC Ogma's Cape for the Inquartata +3, and that isn't thanks to any great skill on my part, RUN just excels at packing a lot of Enmity into a short period of time.
By Taint 2018-02-06 12:18:05  
I prefer a true TP cape (dex,acc,da/stp) Tanking is this game is either ZZZ Turtle up in a Escha/Omen, since hate isn't as issue, but HP and -dt is. Or its an old zone where it helps to be doing damage to help with emnity. RUN is truely a job where you can have 10+ TP/Tanking sets depending on the content.

Building this for Inquarta up:

ItemSet 352465
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-13 09:09:18  
I haven't seen anything on this thread regarding Wild Carrot and it's not in the main guide. Here's my calculator I made to rough estimate your values.

Wild Carrot Calculator

The set I use is already in there and has an average cure around 375. With 1 second cast and 2 second recast after fast cast you are literally waiting on animation to cure again.

Additionally, Ethereal, Flume, Surcoat totals 11% damage to mp conversion. Theoretically, you cure for 400 at 37 mp cost and that same dmg recovers 40 mp assuming qualifying hits.

Just something for the ppl that wish RUN could cure.
By Pantafernando 2018-02-13 09:31:29  
Its 1 sec in the fast cast set plus one sec into the cure set, thats 2secs when RUN is almost naked, i think it will take more dmg than what the cure can recover.

IMO cure for RUN is either a cure 1000+ or it wont kill with mitigation, regen and the delicious Turms mittens.
By tyalangan 2018-02-13 10:03:53  
i think it will take more dmg than what the cure can recover.

With problems like this with lower-end gear with no DT do most even use a SIR set when /blu? The set you would need to have to reach 102% would be very lacking in defensive capabilities.

Is it just weighing the balance between extra cures needed and enmity gained on multiple enemies?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-13 10:50:13  
It's really hard to strike a balance for midcast sets.
There's so many stats that can provide useful means

1) SIR => your spells will be less likely or not likely at all to be interrupted
2) Fastcast / Haste => better cooldowns for recasting spells
3) Defensive stats (*DT, MDB, MEVA, blahblah) => makes so you can survive in the unlucky chance should you get hit while midcasting a spell
4) Enmity => your spell will generate more enmity
5) Other stats for specific spells => Cure Potency, Phalanx+, Enha skill, Enha duration, etc etc

I mean in some scenarios some of these stats lose attractiveness, sometimes they're completely useless, sometimes you want all of them at the same time.
It's hard to find a balance that works for every possible theoretical scenario.
At the same time though it's not realistic to have 2000 different midcast sets to use in different scenarios, you need to draw a line somewhere, wherever that may be.

Personally I'm a lazy gimp and I try to strike a balance between stuff and I ignore SIR.
Likewise I use specific sets for very specific spells.
Given the fact in my gimpness I've been able to tank every T4 and Omen boss in game, I'd dare to say that at the end of the day this doesn't seem to be such a dichotomic or radical choice.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-13 10:57:44  
Its 1 sec in the fast cast set plus one sec into the cure set, thats 2secs when RUN is almost naked, i think it will take more dmg than what the cure can recover.

IMO cure for RUN is either a cure 1000+ or it wont kill with mitigation, regen and the delicious Turms mittens.

I see your point. I'll test this in Omen later with Epeo Cocoon and embolden phalanx
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-02-13 11:12:49  
If you're talking about trash mobs in Omen and you have an Epeo, you shouldn't even be taking enough damage to need cures in the first place. That stuff all hits for 0 with Phalanx/Cocoon up.

I'm inclined to agree with Panta. If it has a cast time and can't cure for at least like 700 HP, then it's not worth leaving my DT gear for.

If you're lacking a healer, Turms Mittens are where it's at. A good parry build makes all the difference, and Vivacious Pulse will cover the rest if you still need actual healing.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-13 11:18:54  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
I'm inclined to agree with Panta. If it has a cast time and can't cure for at least like 700 HP, then it's not worth leaving my DT gear for.
While everything is situational and everybody will try to strike a balance somewhere, I agree with this.
I've seen plenty of people die, say against Vinipata, or it happened to me in some Ambuscade fights, because I got caught midcast by one single strong attack or crit+Multiattack the one nanosecond I was casting something, or when packetloss happened and my idle gear got delayed half a second too much and stuff like that.

I think more often than not when you're tanking serious stuff, that's more important than having shorter recasts or stronger enmity, if you ask me.
But again, as I said in my premise, everything is situational and blahblah.
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 188 189 190