users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Ocelomeh harness
Ocelomeh harness
 Ragnarok.Bigcahuna
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: tudinh80
By Ragnarok.Bigcahuna 2013-04-01 07:22:35  
Just bought this and the head piece to fill in until i get abyssea armor upgraded.

Felt like i kinda overpaid for the body, compare to like say Mustela Harness, which is comparable, but for much cheaper price. what your take?
 Asura.Azriel
サーバ: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2013-04-01 07:44:35  
Jobs? Lvl range? Other gear you use? Events you take place in? VW Jeuno T3 acces and wlling to lead couple of Pils? etc etc etc
[+]
 Cerberus.Stalkster
サーバ: Cerberus
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-04-01 15:27:37  
Asura.Azriel said: »
wlling to lead couple of Pils?
Couple hundred?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-04-01 15:32:47  
Why would you pay millions of gil for something you are going to use as a stopgap until you get....abyssea gear. Yeah, you overpaid.
By tudinh80 2013-04-01 15:44:31  
Just the 2 pieces i bought, other gear are not really worth mentioning and i am open to ideals. I was thinking possibly using it with my thief also. Dont really do events right now,
 Cerberus.Stalkster
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-04-01 16:16:11  
Loki's(in abyssea) is free assuming u have a healer friend. Don't think the bodys worth it. Head is worth keeping even if it turns into a regen/idle mnk&thf head piece only.
By Chyula 2013-04-01 16:41:24  
Body from Pil is free, I got it on like my 3rd kill not that hard of a drop. finished farm on all pil drops on my 4th runs.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-01 16:43:57  
trololololol
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-04-01 16:45:28  
Chyula said: »
Body from Pil is free, I got it on like my 3rd kill not that hard of a drop. finished farm on all pil drops on my 4th runs.

So very much this. People that have gone dozens - or even hundreds of times are obviously doing something wrong and need to suck less. This isn't a difficult drop to get, and as has been pointed out, is free.
[+]
By Chyula 2013-04-01 16:54:45  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
trololololol

nah I strongly feel the monster flag those peep for bad drop rates. Pil and Qilin been so kind to me. Qilin gave me a coru on my first kill and I didn't even know it was a HQ dagger. Then Akvan slapped my face for 350-400 time before it put up with me, Voidwrought still slapping my face for god know how many times. I lost count on that ***and same with Ig.
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-04-01 17:05:40  
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Chyula said: »

So very much this. People that have gone dozens - or even hundreds of times are obviously doing something wrong and need to suck less. This isn't a difficult drop to get, and as has been pointed out, is free.
your argument is 100% BS... stop arguing lack of skill for drops that are totally randomized by a script, i have got bodies and weapons from VW dropped 1/1 and others have been a real pain to get, not even related to player skills at all.

Now focus in giving the man some advice.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-04-01 17:12:39  
Woosh?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bigpete
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: peterr
By Carbuncle.Bigpete 2013-04-02 07:57:02  
Juogi and Hachiryu Haramaki are under-rated and alot cheaper, until you can get tantra+2 / thauma / toci
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-04-04 18:43:01  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Why would you pay millions of gil for something you are going to use as a stopgap until you get....abyssea gear. Yeah, you overpaid.

Why? Because he can just sell the thing back once he gets whatever R/E gear to replace it. Hopefully it retains enough of its value that it's not much of a loss by the time he sells it back, but that's the only real risk. It's not like he's proposing spending a huge time investment in a R/E piece that will simply be obsolete and rot in the mog house, it's just renting an item that he can turn back into gil by reselling it once he gets something better.

If he's got the gil on hand and isn't gimping himself by being unable to afford other important buyable stuff, I say go for it. If we're looking solely at AH options, Oce/+1 are actually pretty good as a temporary solution. Better than Mustela (unless you really to use body to cap haste) and Juogi for pretty much everything: TP and either STR or DEX modded WS.

That being said, the new and easy to obtain Thurandaut body pretty much crushes Ocelomeh for TP and STR WS. Farm some Bayld in Adoulin doing reives and buy that when you can (Pioneer Guild needs the Signboard for bodies to be available).
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-04-04 18:52:59  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Why? Because he can just sell the thing back once he gets whatever R/E gear to replace it. Hopefully it retains enough of its value that it's not much of a loss by the time he sells it back, but that's the only real risk. It's not like he's proposing spending a huge time investment in a R/E piece that will simply be obsolete and rot in the mog house, it's just renting an item that he can turn back into gil by reselling it once he gets something better.

yeah hopefully right? How likely is that now with the new expansion? I would expect the prices of all of the old AHable gear to come down quite a bit. And its not like he bought it for a valid reason, I mean, abyssea? He could walk in there wearing a Kirin's Osode and achieve the same results in the same amount of time. Its abyssea.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-04-04 20:03:08  
yeah hopefully right? How likely is that now with the new expansion? I would expect the prices of all of the old AHable gear to come down quite a bit. And its not like he bought it for a valid reason, I mean, abyssea? He could walk in there wearing a Kirin's Osode and achieve the same results in the same amount of time. Its abyssea.

Eh, I dunno that Ocelomeh body will take that much of a dive. There's not much in the way of easily obtained DEX body alternatives from the new content, so there's still a market for jobs that have DEX mod suff (Shijin MNK/PUP, Shun NIN, Jishnu RNG, etc). And don't underestimate people who don't know better grabbing while leveling their shiny new RUN, I've noticed a lot of light DD gear at all levels increasing at least for the short term.

In fact, on my server Oce body has only gone UP over the past month, including post-expansion once people started seeing stats on new gear (causing some other stuff to take a dive right away, Brego Gloves for instance). There's always a risk the market for one item will tank if a new option is introduced, but I'm usually not that worried about spending some gil on a temporary piece when you can sell it back. The sooner you sell it back, the better chance you'll get about the same amount you paid for it.

Not that I disagree with your point that it probably doesn't matter if you're just doing Abyssea to get something like Loki/Tantra (for that purpose you'd be fine tossing on Osode or Aurore really). But if you've got the spare gil, eh, It's a pretty good AH piece.