Is It Worth It?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Is it worth it?
Is it worth it?
 Bismarck.Xpremium
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: xpremium
By Bismarck.Xpremium 2013-04-04 09:10:42  
So now that the expansion is out and the new weapons will soon be available, I was wondering if I should even build the empyrean weapon? If so, should I build Verethragna, or just take the much easier route and build Dumuzis (now that coin of advancements are no longer ex)?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dumuzis

Is it the actual weapon skill THAT great? or is it the weapon properties? I have read the monk guide, but it doesnt mention the Dumuzis.

I just came back to the game not long ago, so the problem is that I don't have alot of abyssea time (helping friends who just came back as well, with clears and bosses and all that random junk).

About how many traverser stones would be needed for Chloris and Ulhuadshi? I currently dual box, my friend dual boxes, and my other friend plays nin. Our setup would be mnk/war, whm/blm, whm/sch, thf/dnc, and nin/war.

Thanks in advance for the info.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-04 09:16:03  
You could have the THF friend and his whm mule aeolian edge scorpions to keep time up and not use a single stone.

The plain weapon is not very good, you'd barely be any better off than using brawny adargas and you still need to invest over 30 hours dealing with shitty NMs.

Whether it's worth it in the future depends how difficult the trex h2h will be to obtain.
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-04-04 09:20:01  
Depends on on if the new weps don't have an insane requirement(s) .001% drop rate etc, any hidden effects they may have that would make them useless(I doubt this but you never know), and how the future adjustments go on R/E/M. So in short we'll see.
By animus28 2013-04-04 13:25:25  
It also depends on whether or not the new h2h is going to be better than vere 95 or not after adjustments are made and new trials are released. Having an 85 vere atm Im leary to spend time on it simply due to the new h2h. If I have to collect my 1500 plates + 3060 riftcinders to make it worthwhile and then have to complete some other asinine collection quest to make it better than the base weapon for the new one, my vere will be one of those things collecting dust in my storage.
 Bismarck.Xpremium
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xpremium
By Bismarck.Xpremium 2013-04-04 16:44:30  
animus28 said: »
It also depends on whether or not the new h2h is going to be better than vere 95 or not after adjustments are made and new trials are released. Having an 85 vere atm Im leary to spend time on it simply due to the new h2h. If I have to collect my 1500 plates + 3060 riftcinders to make it worthwhile and then have to complete some other asinine collection quest to make it better than the base weapon for the new one, my vere will be one of those things collecting dust in my storage.

That's exactly what I'm talking about animus. I'm so torn right now. I would hate to waste all of my time to get the empy weapon and the next day, someone posts how easy it is to get the new seekers weapon or whatnot. What do you suggest I do? I'm at the fork in my trial weapon to either go toward Verethragna or Dumuzis
 Lakshmi.Karppa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Karppa
By Lakshmi.Karppa 2013-04-04 20:49:43  
Well my another char have dumuzis it does have better dps comparing brawny and also have VS in future updates base DMG will go up when se makes empys better including fake empys like dumuzis, not bad idea make fake empy while waiting how hard will be obtain new high dmg H2H
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-04-04 21:13:02  
Don't make fake Empyreans. A friend of mine made a fake Ukon then made the real thing because he was not happy with it. Twice the work, lol. Seriously just make the emyprean. Fk the new weapons. Make the Empyrean beacuse it looks cool and think of the frenemies you'll make too! Your friends will hate you for putting them through it :)
[+]
By animus28 2013-04-04 21:40:36  
If you are going the magians path definately go Vere, they are alot better than the other and aside from chloris having a rediculous ki-nm path they are relatively easy to make.

That being said, I am not working too hard on my Vere atm, going to save the hours worth of work for now and see if we get any new info on the Adoulin weapons soon. If obtaining and enhancing the adoulin weapons are not such a rediculous series of trials such as 3060 riftcinders I will go that route. But there is no way I am going to bust my butt for 1500 plates and 3060 cinders if the final upgrade trial is as ludicrous as the others.

But tbh for me if the game doesnt become interesting again soon and the new expansion is just another series of rediculously overstuffed fetch quests I'm not bothering with any of it. FFXIV or ESO will likely get my business
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-04 21:44:09  
Matsui already said he will make sure Relics and Empys dont fall behind.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-04-04 21:45:14  
animus28 said: »
FFXIV or ESO will likely get my business

A million times this. FFXIV is what I'm looking forward to.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-04 21:59:55  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Matsui already said he will make sure Relics and Empys dont fall behind.
He said they won't go to waste. We've been over this in a few threads, that doesn't mean they won't fall behind.

If the new weapons are as rare as pulse weapons, they won't go to waste. Most relic owners will still need to use their relics because they won't get new weapons.

If they allow us to use the WS on any weapon, they won't (all) go to waste. We'll still get to use them on the new weapons.

If they arbitrarily give relic damage+20% in dynamis, they won't go to waste. We'll still use them in dynamis.

It's not a strong choice of words, it's a waiting game atm.