フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk/nin - no dream crushing please :P
Drk/nin - no dream crushing please :P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Raelia
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-18 13:06:49  
In any real situation, Dual Wield DRK is just LOL. Its usually the epitome of someone only citing their spike damage and leaving out the two-dozen 300-400 damage WS they did before breaking 1k, let alone 'zomg I do 3500 Rampages' when it only ever happened once.

GS falls partly into this category, but it also does well to compensate for lack of Scythe merits and put out respectable damage if theres no COR in sight.

Everyone gets spike-happy at some point: I did with Martial Scythe and Spiral Hell (2k+ @200tp on Groundskeepers), but eventually you buckle down and find the more efficient and consistent damage inherent in the things made for your job.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2009-09-18 13:36:06  
Clowdd said:

Rayik said:

I say, it's your money, as long as other's lives arent on the line, sub whatever the hell you want. I go /nin for soloing almost exclusively these days, and I live a lot longer. For PT/EXP/Merit, however, you gotta go with a 2H wep, Scythe, Gs, whatever. I know from experience that it doesn't matter how good your dmg is, your parsing, ANYTHING like that, ppl will adhere to their old notions and complain about your setup. I've outdamaged SAM in a pt while DW swords, and yet the PT still bitched.

again... huh?

edit: ok, had to reread... lack of sleep. sorry continue!

As I already explained, it was one instance in the mid 50's. The sam was probably just crappy as well. I didn;t mean one instance to sound like "OMG DW FTFW PT ONRY". Not what I meant at all. I was just trying to point out that in a group situation, 2H or prepare to get bitched at.

vincevalentine said:
Eh, I see the topic as dead. It's been beaten into the ground, and if the OP hasn't found his answer by now, there's more wrong than just his subjob choices.

For once, I completely agree.
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-18 15:56:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Rayik said: "I was just trying to point out that in a group situation, 2H or prepare to get bitched at."

Actually, you kinda got offended when I mentioned "scythe or gtfo", so why are you citing it as your own personal opinion now?

You know what, I'm just going to drop this. This thread does need a lock, there's nothing left to discuss other than stupidity.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-22 22:26:01  
Raelia said:
Yeah, so you drop 2k on the mob at the start of the fight and spend the rest of the time getting TP again.

Do it old school n00b. opo opo necklace and sleep potion there problem solved. shut up
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-22 22:30:36  
Raelia said:
I'll say it again here Rumaha, you really need to get away from the lolDRKs and see a real one. Even I am nothing spectacular without some major CoP items.

excuse me but skill > gear. No unmerited drks or drks trying to merit their job are gimp just because they use GS, I have a GS and hardly use the ***I have /nin /thf and /sam for sam I was not even planning on leveling it past 37 but i did needed it for drk and planned a head of time. Who are you referring to being gimp your self?

Having spectacular gear means ***having merits also... if you do not know what you are doing. All talk.

Also I do not have rdm at 75 and free lotted greatsword's and stuff/gear. I earned all the gear "used" between my thf/drk/pld..

I do not *** around blaming people for promy vhlz mission failure while i'm the one duo boxing 2 account's in a *** hard mission like that.

/loln00b.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-22 22:42:17
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Need to QQ any more? Someone get this guy some tissue.

Seriously though, don't throw the "I got all the gear for this job while on that job" argument out there because it means nothing but an accomplishment for you. If you chose to do it the hard way, feel good about yourself, but don't even think that anyone's going to feel sorry for you while you're crying all over the internet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-22 22:49:27  
Vincevalentine said:
Need to QQ any more? Someone get this guy some tissue.

Seriously though, don't throw the "I got all the gear for this job while on that job" argument out there because it means nothing but an accomplishment for you. If you chose to do it the hard way, feel good about yourself, but don't even think that anyone's going to feel sorry for you while you're crying all over the internet.

what about me and my gear? what does how i got my gear have to do with this. I earned my gear I know this. my drk was 75 while I was getting them I know this... so your point is m00t. and it is not even that hard to get anyway save points and be smart "simple point system rules"! No seniority or priority with points. Yeah I did it the hard way...

who are you? and who is crying... shoo go away.

Anyway to original poster when doing certain things /nin is needed. exp I do not think it is it depends on the situation. nyzul isle you can do it , but i'd recommend that you go /sam and bring powders and oils. I said it before but OP will find out what to do on his own anyway with out people saying this and that. /thf is good /sam is good /nin is situatonal (isnm puk) There were few times in isnm I wound up tanking on drk (usually when the party is shitty) /nin helps with this. If a drk were refusing to /nin in isnm i'd kick him myself.

Anyway do what you feel you need to and it will work out. OP has enough info in this thread to know where to go with drk. Do not let the stuff said scare you away.

If someone does not like /thf they do not like it.. I know. But to call unmerited drks gimp... les say a drk just it to 75....? Then does that make sense nope.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-22 23:24:49  
Raelia said:
GS is for gimp DRKs who usually *** about on RDM and such and freelotted half their EX gear and never take Scythe merits. Perdu Sickle is the same: Its great until you stop sucking.

I can't believe I missed this -_-

You are aware that Perdu beats Tred even BEFORE considering the atk/acc on it right? Tred is 2006.

GS is useful in many low buff situations. I have Justice Torque, Adaman Hauberk, Ace's Helm etc and I still use Greatsword in some scenarios.

When do I stop sucking? What more do I need?
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-22 23:30:40  
Stanflame said:
Raelia said:
Yeah, so you drop 2k on the mob at the start of the fight and spend the rest of the time getting TP again.

Do it old school n00b. opo opo necklace and sleep potion there problem solved. shut up

Snap, Didn't even think about that, lol.

Stanflame said:
Raelia said:
I'll say it again here Rumaha, you really need to get away from the lolDRKs and see a real one. Even I am nothing spectacular without some major CoP items.

excuse me but skill > gear.

And this.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-22 23:38:52  
Moliones's Sickle + Ring for higher base damage and +STR. Beats the hell out of more +Attack. Free Chaos Helm for Souleater usage too.

Augmented Death Scythes are pulling combinations of +5 STR, +5 Accuracy, and +1-2 base damage. No word on augments affecting WRank for what little it matters.

Perdu is 2007.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-22 23:41:28  
08 not 07
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-22 23:45:24  
Neither of those is Tred scythe, and show me a Death Scythe with a combo of those.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgWdyITTL_u7dGY4UldxLWxqRXBTa1hOVmEtS2t6Tmc&hl=en

May have to log in, but it is this.

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=19272

Has to mean something. Not sure if it is accurate.
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-22 23:48:52  
http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/attachments/7660d1250449601-post-your-augmented-items-ii-weskit-boogaloo-img_20090816_150129.jpg
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-22 23:51:20  

Raelia said:

Augmented Death Scythes are pulling combinations of +5 STR, +5 Accuracy, and +1-2 base damage. No word on augments affecting WRank for what little it matters.

You are 1 for 3, very nice, but +1 isnt quite +5 and I see no acc, but +2 base dmg is hot.
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-22 23:55:10  
Raelia said:
combinations of

Meant to throw in an 'up to' for the attack and accuracy as well, whatever. Theres a +1 DMG +4 Att +5 Acc claimed too, but POIDH.

528 delay is in reach of a five hit, and I don't mean just in Campaign.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-23 00:06:57  
D difference between moli/perdu = 2

2d = ~2.00% DoT, ~1.33% WS damage
STR3 = ~0.75% DoT, ~1.1% WS damage
(I'm being generous to STR on WS here, giving it WSC+1)
Total: 5.25% damage over a blank d93

Perdu~

Attack~11.75 (3str gives atk too) = ~3% damage across the board and I'll negate level correction here
Acc5 = ~2.7% DoT/WS frequency/WS consistency
Total (ignoring consistency): 5.78% damage over a blank d93

But what about the ring! You say.

Moliones' Ring vs Toreador's Ring/Blitz Ring

4str vs 2acc:

4str = 1% DoT
2acc = 1.1%~ DoT/WS frequency

So Toreador's wins. For WS, the ring could still be awesome though.

Acc-capped situation, Blitz:

4str vs 1% haste

4str = 1% DoT
1% haste at 50% haste = 2% DoT/WS frequency

So Blitz Ring wins. For WS at capped acc, you'll want 5str, not 4str!

Souleater: does using Chaos +1 matter? Most setups, no. You lose some power using Hecatomb Cap, but that's it.

Death Scythes will STRUGGLE to win because 501 delay instead of 528 is +5.2% DoT/WS frequency.

They've already lost almost no matter what augments you get...

EDIT: 5hit is useful but requires a lot of sacrifice and makes its application extremely limited... especially if you have a higher end body (Haub+1/Ebody).
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-23 00:08:14  

Moliones Sickle 13.6 5 527.5 113.0 7.00 35 1.01 95 110 219 532.84 501 11.38 Str 3 SoulEAcc 0.0 3.0 0 0.0 78.32 15.66 8,594 939 8,347 17,880 100.0%
Perdu Sickle 13.6 5 541.5 110.0 3.00 35 1.03 93 102 201 520.64 501 11.14 Atk 14 Acc 5 14.0 0.0 0 0.0 78.32 15.66 8,013 853 8,156 17,022 95.2% Acc 5

Thanks Rumaha!

Now make up having to wear a separate piece for Souleater 1/6th of the time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-23 00:11:26  
Wtf are you quoting there <_<
[+]
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-23 00:14:43  
Can't read a spreadsheet?

Thats total damage, and percentage of 'highest' (which is Moliones's).

Perdu is doing 4.8% less damage than Molio over time, with effectively the same gear.

Ed: Just to compare, Tred is 92.9%, putting it 2% less than Perdu.

So Molio does more than Perdu than Perdu does over Tredecim.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-23 00:16:30  
And where is your precious Tredecim?

I stopped reading when they made cratio = pdif and didn't actually include the accuracy... let alone the rest.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-23 00:39:21  
I stopped reading when you suddenly knew the new pDif formula and it actually had any bearing beyond estimating exact in-game damage. Now you're just throwing terms around.

That spreadsheet is a magnitude more complete than your forum math
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-09-23 00:42:31  
No Vendetta + Earring setup mention? It's a very powerful setup. Better than Perdu at least in my case. Since gear and playstyle varies it might not be a better option. Vendetta and Supremacy is essentially a +1 on Milio setup, sacrificing An earring slot instead of a Ring slot. I've not messed with Milio setup though, so I would defer to someone else for that. I can certainly see Milio having an advantage if you keep Souleater active however, how much of an advantage remains to be seen.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-23 00:48:20  
My math's only inaccuracies are its assumptions and not taking account of level correction which is general and favours Perdu... I put everything against Perdu in my math above.

The math on that spreadsheet fails to take accuracy into account, confuses pdif for cratio, ignores everything but the weapon itself (fatal mistake), uses DPS like it's a meaningful figure etc etc...

I'm losing patience arguing honestly :( your views on Haste are antiquated, and 528 Scythes are dead if you can 6hit the others, except in very specific scenarios.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-23 01:16:28  
To elaborate on the differences between 501 and 528 Scythes though, the difference in attack speed is 5.2%, resulting in 5.2% more damage over time (both in terms of DoT and number of weaponskills) in the 501's favour. It is very challenging for other Scythes to catch up with this, because each point of DMG becomes worth less as DMG becomes higher, ie

1/50 > 1/90 for instance.

Therefore even with earring if not 5hit, I fear that Vendetta will fall to Moli/Perdu just like the other 528s. Speed is the name of the game.

Perdu vs Moli; if you have capped accuracy with Perdu, Moli is better. I would argue on anything worthwhile though, you can't cap accuracy and Attack will add more damage... and on stuff you are capping accuracy, are you doing it wearing full haste/Forager's/eating top-end food?!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-23 01:20:05  
Raelia said:
I stopped reading when you suddenly knew the new pDif formula and it actually had any bearing beyond estimating exact in-game damage. Now you're just throwing terms around.

That spreadsheet is a magnitude more complete than your forum math

His forum math does a hell of a lot better than your baseless assertions.

The spreadsheet does not take into account gear required to make a given x-hit build and said gear's impact on your stats, if it accounts for x-hit at all, and is therefore terribly incomplete. Raenryong's complaints about it are equally justified and equally damning as to the quality of the spreadsheet's results.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-23 01:24:05  
It also makes enemy level = your level, meaning Attack isn't properly accounted for (level correction makes Attack a lot stronger!)... the fact it doesn't actually take account of accuracy in the figures which is a rather huge stat undermines it significantly too.

I could go on; the spreadsheet isn't entirely wrong but there are problems with it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Qeldroma
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Qeldroma
By Carbuncle.Qeldroma 2009-09-23 01:47:48  
Flames aside, thanks for renewing my faith in 501 scythes. I was considering going back to a higher damage scythe from perdu. I may look into moli.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-23 02:22:03  
Stanflame said:
08 not 07

about this i was messing around Perdu is neither it is still a good option and I also noiced thett mistake in that google doc compared to the other stuff posted on this page concerning scythe's and raen's info is more accurate than raelia's will ever be.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-23 02:23:26  
Raelia has given up , here's just hoping -.-. <3 my perdu and screw death scythe and the augments.

There is nothing wrong with other set ups and GS but it needs a lot to be good.

Such as a pld using GS he needs a lot of aurum gear and such it would help. if drk is interesed in GS same might apply.
[+]