フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » These new-age WHM make me /sigh
These new-age WHM make me /sigh
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Lakshmi.Avinne
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 14:48:19  
a healthy mix of MND, +MP, haste and -ENMITY will do you good in a pinch.
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-06-30 14:49:25  
October said:
I wish I could hate other whms to death.

Especially the ones who full-time AF2 pants.
And are /blm or /smn.
And they cast their crappy 1/5 S5 over my 5/5 and don't listen when I ask them not to. Barspells too.
NOTHING GETS ME MAD AT VIDEOGAMES LIKE OTHER WHMS.

QFT

Max MP WHM's get mad at me. 1061 is my HP, 1092 is my MP. They don't understand how I'm able to have high HP and MP. When I go /blm my Hp is 1042, and MP is something like 1118. Sometimes it's funny how much that ticks them off. And only convert HP to MP thing I full time is Ether Ring.
 Odin.Mooner
サーバ: Odin
user: Mooner
By Odin.Mooner 2009-06-30 14:50:00  
ok your exact line was

So yeah just stack up on MND and INT, INT usually always gets high with mage gear anyway.

But yes you do say mnd is important but u say to stack int which is not needed and people shouldnt be healing in errant except MAYBE the legs for the mnd boost which u mention
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-30 14:52:30  
TBH on my WHM, I never worried about MND gear...I was more concerned about MP. My cures and ***seemed fine, but MP was always a pain for me as an Elvaan...
 Odin.Mooner
By Odin.Mooner 2009-06-30 14:55:19  
i agree to that xxnumber i am also elvaan there are many facters to it all just depends what race you are too obviously tarus need lots of mnd but already have good mp pool
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-30 14:55:27  
Mooner said:
ok your exact line was

So yeah just stack up on MND and INT, INT usually always gets high with mage gear anyway.

But yes you do say mnd is important but u say to stack int which is not needed and people shouldnt be healing in errant except MAYBE the legs for the mnd boost which u mention

Yes i guess i phrased it wrong as i meant to say you pretty much get high INT for half the gear you wear, i wear Mahatma Slops for healing over Blessed Trousers for the extra 2 mnd although im not sure if thats the best option
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 14:59:53  
Nightraid said:
Mooner said:
ok your exact line was

Yes i guess i phrased it wrong as i meant to say you pretty much get high INT for half the gear you wear, i wear Mahatma Slops for healing over Blessed Trousers for the extra 2 mnd although im not sure if thats the best option

I'd go with Blessed or Blessed +1 tbh... especially if you're using them for CureV, because there's a VIT modifier to V. There's like -5 VIT on errant?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 15:05:01  
nevermind you said 'mahatma' but yah... I'd still go with blessed tbh.
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-30 15:05:12  
Avinne said:
Nightraid said:
Mooner said:
ok your exact line was

I'd go with Blessed or Blessed +1 tbh... especially if you're using them for CureV, because there's a VIT modifier to V. There's like -5 VIT on errant?

Oh yeah i forgot VIT gives Healing also ><
 Valefor.Xenogelion
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Xenogelion 2009-06-30 15:07:24  
Its not just WHM too, i've partied with some pretty bad PLDs
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-30 15:13:43  
Xenogelion said:

I think we've all partied with some pretty bad everything before ^^
[+]
 Odin.Mooner
By Odin.Mooner 2009-06-30 15:16:29  
yea we all have them parties where were like wtf im leaving lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-30 15:17:58  
Honestly, though, I do have to say...I've never partied with bad BST's or PUP's before. They get a bad rap.... ; ;
[+]
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-06-30 15:21:19  
October said:
Yes, there are whm/blms who are awesome at their jobs, just like there are whm/schs who suck. But when I'm dealing with whms I've picked up in some shouting thing I'm gonna be more inclined to take a /sch whm than a /blm whm, I'd rather have someone who took the time to level the best sub for their job because they care enough about being more efficient and all that good stuff.

where i do agree /sch is a great sub other subs can be just as efficient and just cause someone has the sub leveled doesnt make them better.. i just dont understand why everyone thinks there should be one sub that is a must have for every job =/ when other subs could be just as good or better then it.. if some people had thier way every whm would be /sch and every DD would be /nin.. but where /sch is amazing sub.. and /nin helps some jobs survivablity its not a make or break to have for the jobs.. and with /nin it actually gimps some jobs.. so id rather choose someone based on skill then sub.. but thats just me i guess =/
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-06-30 15:22:36  
Neptuneice said:
Nightraid said:
October said:

And are /blm or /smn.

Thats a stupid generalisation, having /blm or /smn doesnt mean you suck or dont know how to play the job.
Heck i dont even have SCH unlocked and i play just fine.

Yeah... White mages did just fine 7 years before Scholar even existed. We don't /have/ to conform to a new age spur-of-the-moment subjob just to do our jobs. However it IS very nice, I will admit. But like other old whms I busted my *** just getting black mage up to be a sub job so why would I want to waste more time leveling a job I hate?
Seriously. I would level scholar, but I can't even make the time to.

Uhh what? It's a sub job. Are you seriously saying you don't have any time to level a job to 37? With FoV and level sync it takes next to no time at all. I have an idea: instead of posting, level your sub jobs. SCH even has the advantage of being able to solo BST pets.

I've been a WHM since I've started the game, and I care for my job. I subbed BLM for god knows how long. So I just love how you act like you care more about your job over the people that are using a sub job that actually does something for WHM. It doesn't make you more unique, in fact, /blm barely does anything for you.

The 2 handed DD didn't cry nearly this much about having to change their SJs to SAM, I have no idea why WHMs do.
[+]
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-30 15:24:38  
Xenogelion said:

Like the ones that say "Provoke is every 15 seconds"?

Most bad PLDs I've seen have been PL'd but not all.

I remember doing a Mission with a WHM. 3 of us got para'd and bio'd from the NMs. The plan we had basically fell apart. We wanted to pull one and despawn the other 2 but someone (the WHM) stayed near so all 3 aggro'd them. It came down to a 75 PLD, a 70 DRK and ame (70THF at the time) tanking one each. We were all doing fairly well but then the DRK started getting murdered. The DRK ends up dying because the WHM was bringing everyone else up to full HP (They were all white and DRK was in Yellow HP). Not one of us in the WHM's had erase or paralyna cast on us. I tried to figure why when I noticed that the whole time, the WHM/BLM was concerned more on Meleeing then actualy casting anything. What was an easy mission with 8 people turned into a clusterf*ck

sidenote: I know some pretty bad BLMs too. Try 2 at 75 that don't even have Sleepga 2
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-06-30 15:25:56  
@gear conversation

my whm idles in blessed and nobles. I only stack on mnd for cureVs but that still mostly consists of blessed and nobles. Mnd isnt exactly going to do anything to cures under V. A smn can cure3 just as well as a whm can :P mnd can be great for some enfeebs...but like, I have a pretty cool enfeeb set on whm but never carry any of it around because I never need it.

Whm can have alot of gear, but it doesnt need that many gear swaps. You can main heal just fine in nobles, blessed and mp earrings and rings :P

my whm has a full mp set and then I blast all that mp away on protectras/shellras, reraise, stoneskin and haste. Then after that probaby the most radical gear swap is for resting. Standing its just changing from clerics body to nobles tunic lol and if Im in salvage/nyzul remembering to equip balrahns ring.

edit: I didnt get sch to 37 up until several months ago. After sch was released I moved and was away from the game for a long time. Then I had to get back into the swing of things with the ls and basically only logged in for events and then logged out again. So it took me a while to find time to figure out when to lvl sch. I solo'd a good chunk of it and it took forever cause I limited free time to play. It was also not fun to play which made it worse. But I was so thankful to have it at 37. Lvling subjobs sucks.
 Odin.Mooner
By Odin.Mooner 2009-06-30 15:26:00  
yes very much so arnor my sch is lvl 4 it doesnt get used as a sub i use blm or smn on whm they are both very effiecent so i dont see why some make such a big deal
[+]
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-06-30 15:27:36  
lol i dont mind a whm meleeing as long as they can still do thier job.. and my favorite are the plds that try to tank and never use any of thier mp lol
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 15:32:22  
Mooner said:
yes very much so arnor my sch is lvl 4 it doesnt get used as a sub i use blm or smn on whm they are both very effiecent so i dont see why some make such a big deal

I kind of felt the same way at first, but I guess if you haven't ever used /SCH it's hard to really explain how amazing it is if you can't see for yourself. If you lvl /SCH... all I can say is you won't regret it at all. It's an awesome sub for WHM.

If you're serious about WHM... like "I'm going to pay 4M for a roundel earring" psycho serious about WHM, you'll have /SCH. No questions asked.
[+]
 Leviathan.Minigoji
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Minigoji
By Leviathan.Minigoji 2009-06-30 15:39:53  
Ooo this is too much fun not to post on :D

Gear sets I use:

Enfeebling (basically HQ staves + some enfeebling skill+ gear)
hMP (dun think I need to explain what this is ^^)
Cure (mixture of potency + MND gear)
Conserve MP/Haste (great setup for casting raises, buffs and -na spells and helps cut down on MP usage a lot)
+HP (Devotion build...ever see a taru Devo you for 354 MP? ^_^)
-HP (Used to activate latent on Medicine Ring)

Gotta rebuild this one but I used to have a "panic" macro for when I pulled hate that consisted of -enmity and -damage taken gear/+ defense gear.

My biggest beef about most other whms nowadays is prolly the whole /SCH thing. Reason being, a lot of whms I run into are stuck in the past where it was "acceptable" to use just MP+ gear and, while this is still somewhat workable for those simply grinding XP in old school parties (you know, tank, healer, blm, refresher, DDx2 w/SC potential), w/the advent of the TP Burn Age efficiency > MP. In plainer English, it's about doing more w/less MP, something /SCH helps with immensely (innate Conserve MP trait, cheaper spells, Sublimation [which, btw, is a free poison pot that you don't have to carry around!] and hey, Drains and Aspirs that actually Drain HP and Aspir MP!).

Ok, I'm done ^_^
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-30 15:41:32  
Arnor said:
lol i dont mind a whm meleeing as long as they can still do thier job.. and my favorite are the plds that try to tank and never use any of thier mp lol

Wish more people thought that way. For non-annoying AOE'ing mobs, a little extra DPS never hurt anything...but people tend to lose their minds when a WHM takes out their weapon lol

(Prolly why my staff and club skill is like 30 levels behind where it should be lol)
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-06-30 15:44:42  
ugh typed out my gear and it didnt post..
 Bismarck.Angellus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Angellus
By Bismarck.Angellus 2009-06-30 15:46:13  
gwad I hate that job the MOST! Thank god I suck at it. but then my ls makes me come to stuff anyway as the job... makes me wanna stab my eyes out just looking at how stupid my character looks! XD
 Odin.Mooner
By Odin.Mooner 2009-06-30 15:52:18  
yea i try not to use my whm most events they want my sam or blm anyways but if they needed id have it
 Shiva.Xellith
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-06-30 15:52:45  
dont do pickup run nyzul isles with people who you dont know are competant or not?

If you really want to make sure you have good runs then.. OMG! GO DO NYZUL WITH PEOPLE WHO YOU KNOW!

I mean doing nyzul isle with pickup people you have NO right to *** about how anyone plays their job. I mean you knew what you were signing up for the moment you entered the party.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-30 15:54:30  
So, I did some gear sets and crunched some numbers (I love numbers. =D)

Max Healing Skill
Max MND

Max Skill you'll get with Apollo's and Noble's/Clerics body eq'd is: +45 skill. (Note, you also get +43 MND here.)
Max 'easily obtainable' MND you'll get with Apollo's and Noble's/Clerics body eq'd is: +60 MND. (Note, you also get +15 skill here.)

In essence, for max on each you're looking at 30 skill to 17 MND.

You'll see the following stats as an Elvaan Whm with /smn, /sch, and /blm.

/smn you get: 1064 HP, 615 MP, 66 Str, 53 Dex, 64 Vit, 54 Agi, 57 Int, 78 Mnd, and 69 Chr.

/sch you get: 1102 HP, 548 MP, 66 Str, 54 Dex, 65 Vit, 54 Agi, 57 Int, 75 Mnd, and 68 Chr.

/blm you get: 1083 HP, 576 MP, 66 Str, 56 Dex, 64 Vit, 56 Agi, 58 Int, 74 Mnd, and 66 Chr.

Crunching the figures with /smn, /sch, and /blm subs WITHOUT using any abilities/light arts/etc. and wearing max of +45 skill/+43 MND you get:

/smn C1 40, C2 115, C3 240, C4 482, C5 840
/sch C1 40, C2 115, C3 238, C4 481, C5 838
/blm C1 40, C2 115, C3 238, C4 481, C5 837

Crunching the figures with /smn, /sch, and /blm subs WITHOUT using any abilities/light arts/etc. and wearing max of +60 MND/+15 Skill you get:

/smn C1 40, C2 115, C3 241, C4 484, C5 847
/sch C1 40, C2 115, C3 241, C4 484, C5 846
/blm C1 40, C2 115, C3 240, C4 484, C5 844

So, as you can see.... There isn't really a big difference between any of the 'max' sets due to the caps on cures. Hope his was informative. =)
 Valefor.Xenogelion
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Xenogelion 2009-06-30 15:55:30  
lol i did that on my SMN, brought out my avatar and engaged the mob, then everyone was like wtf. i was still healing just fine lol
 Remora.Geesus
サーバ: Remora
user: Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-30 15:57:47  
Let's also mention that most people decide to now lvl sync ..forever. So they never truely experience different places and different things in the game. Not to mention skill up @ all.
The other 1/2 are normally pl'd well into the 60's .. wth is with that. They get 75 and you ask them to cure and they either one spam Cure IV's pull hate and die, or only know how to cast Cure V's and run out of mp in 5 mins.

Why is it.. that most whm's can't gear correctly.. thats the main issue. I'm SO GLAD you have 1200mp.. but when your Cure V only does 650 SOMETHING IS WRONG! Then back to mp conservation, why is it you feel the need spam Cure V. Well I guess I could answer that in saying, because your skills and gear suck so bad you're only curing for 1/2 of what you should/could be, but then GO SKILL UP and stop making all the other whm's and parties look bad because you my friend are a complete and total MORON!

/endrant cause I could go on forever...

btw..personally I prefer rdm in nyzul, but i've gone both ^^
[+]
 Midgardsormr.October
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: izzlet
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-06-30 15:59:43  
You can say "a subjob doesn't make someone good at their job" all you want, but anyone who gives a damn about whm and playing it well is more likely to have their scholar sub levelled. So what if a whm can do their job just fine with /blm? A skilled whm will do their job better as /sch than they will with /blm.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15