フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 54 55 56
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 06:45:13  
Artemicion said: »
I need some redeeming boss music in this thread now after that abomination.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit: Spoilers are borked. How sad.

YouTube Video Placeholder

He even turns people into frogs lol
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-09-19 08:02:37  
Kalila said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Kalila said: »
Unfortunately I don't think the boss battle theme is a mistake you can afford.
Eh, maybe if the bosses had been more important feeling.

Caius, Giant Flan and the Time Beast were the only really bosses that had that 'must be stopped feel'. Caius has his own theme and I felt the boss music fit the Time Beast really well. So only the Giant Flan would have thrown me off if I didn't like the theme.
A boss should have meaning, not some flan who is eating away at the crystal pillar. Why should I want to defeat it? Oh no! A giant flan is eating away the pillar we need to stop it!!!

That's not a boss. That's filler. It's trash. That isn't interesting. Of course you're going to think that bosses don't have any important feeling, because they don't. There isn't any thought put into them, it's "what can we put here for a boss".

Then they pull you along and let you know it's still there, and you can only defeat it once you're stronger! So level up and come back later for an achievement!
The Flan boss was a big deal. It was a key component to what eventually lead to the end of the world had there been no intervention. Kinda sorta really important in my mind. And if you were as invested in the characters as I was, you wanted it to be stopped for Fang and Vanille's sake.

Expecting exploration and finding new friends in a direct sequel is a little silly as well. Especially one where the characters are only as powerful as they are due to divine intervention.

I can agree with the NPC issue, that bugged me quite a bit, but enough that I couldn't enjoy the game for what it was. A fast paced RPG that's easy enough for a casual player to beat with little trouble and had vastly harder content you could do whenever you needed that challenge.

And that's really enjoyable for me. I don't need every game to give me what, let's say, the souls series does. The rush is amazing, but I don't need that rush from every game I play.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 09:58:20  
Not having proper exploration in a Final Fantasy bugs me enormously, it's one of the things you expect in the series since it's been in 1-12 (though a little less in 10)

Talking to a lot of NPCs to learn more about the world and visiting towns with shops as well
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-19 10:22:39  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Not having proper exploration in a Final Fantasy bugs me enormously, it's one of the things you expect in the series since it's been in 1-12 (though a little less in 10)

Talking to a lot of NPCs to learn more about the world and visiting towns with shops as well

I would love to see all of that make a comeback.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-19 10:25:43  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Yeah...I don't mind the real-time game play. I also don't mind the turn-based stuff.

That's actually kind of secondary to story, characters, plot, and overall game experience.

And I liked absolutely none of that in XIII.

Which is why I'm dubious of anything being carried over.

It's the same disease that's effected all AAA gaming, gameplay elements and long term enjoyment take second place to visuals. They sink nearly their entire budget into graphics and visual effects, then spend very little on character development, plot and gameplay testing. They check for bugs and what not but never sit down and have someone check it to determine "is this actually fun to play?"

They get a bunch of people to buy it by advertising great looking prerendered CGI videos. FMV is what really ruined the series. It's great when used as a story enhancing element, Aerith getting whacked is a great example of a perfect FMV moment, but making the game nothing but a series of FMV's with the player running between them is what generates the distaste from the older players.

I played FFXIII and really didn't like it, the series been starting to slip since FFVIII but XIII is what ruined it. FFXV looks to be the same thing, tons of FMV cut scenes with a some ungainly game play mechanic grafted on that will rapidly lose the players interest. Ohh no, yet another androgynous asexual male protagonist who's lost all sense of purpose and wonderingly aimlessly while various generic plot elements are inserted as excuses to show off something shiny.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-19 10:28:37  

Exploration is too hard for the CoD kiddies, they get lost too easily. Need to have an NPC that points out where to go next and advises them on what to do to prepare for it. Maybe throw in a concert or golf minigame.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 10:30:03  
Siren.Mosin said: »

I would love to see all of that make a comeback.

Quote:
Players will find a big world map with vast fields where they will be able to explore as far as the eye can reach, except for the mountains. Nomura says the game is not open, but is more like the 2D Final Fantasy games in HD and in third person view. The player will be able to drive a car and fly airships just like in older Final Fantasy titles.

Nomura also says the day and night cycles and cloud formations are done by physical calculations. It was decided to be made this way to have a smooth change between the cycles and to have a more dynamic lighting system, reflecting the mood of a certain region/place. The game will be seamless and the only loading the player will experience is between large areas. The loading will occur while watching an event scene to give players a more immersive experience.

The world of Final Fantasy XV takes place in what seems to be similar to the real world, with modern technology such as cars and highways, but also contains countries with medieval elements, such as castles and armored soldiers. According to the developers, the game's locations are based on real world locations.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-19 10:31:50  
no! *** a car! give me bikes again!

D:
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 10:33:19  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
no! *** a car! give me bikes again!

D:

They can't all fit on a bike though lol
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-19 10:33:37  
Bike gang!

edit:
you can revert to old FF style, when all the party members disappear inside the main/controlling character and just move around!

/not_really_serious_btw
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 10:39:29  
I hope they bring back sidequests that, even though they seem like crap, can still make us feel something.

One sidequest I really like in IX is the one where you go and find some legendary coffee beans for an old man living outside of Dali. In return he promises to give you the Prima Vista replica he has.

He becomes very happy when you bring him the beans but if you don't bring him all of them in time, he will die in an earthquake without having tasted the coffee.

I always make sure I gather all the beans when I play a new save now, since I failed to give them to him in time on my first playthrough.

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-19 10:42:08  
haven't seen this in a while, (asides XI/XIV, but on a non MMO version) is actual character death (or in Squall's case, near death), and not as a finale that makes you go WTF, even if it is an NPC and not a bad guy.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 10:44:54  
Had quite a few in 12
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-19 10:45:40  
oh. don't think I got to that point :/

aside's Ashe's short shorts story, I don't think I can remember much about the game
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-19 10:53:01  
That car is just bothering me throughout the whole trailer. I keep trying to watch the video and rattling around in my head is "car, car, car, car, CAR" in my Final Fantasy.

Not even like a fantasy car with spikes and magical engines or some ***but a BMW roadster. And the cast isn't helping either.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-09-19 10:54:29  
Reks, Drace, Vossler, Rasler, kings of both Dalmasca and Archadia, Gabranth, Cid, and Reddas the Badass. Off the top of my head.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-19 10:55:39  
There were normal cars in 8.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-09-19 10:56:44  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
That car is just bothering me throughout the whole trailer. I keep trying to watch the video and rattling around in my head is "car, car, car, car, CAR" in my Final Fantasy.

Not even like a fantasy car with spikes and magical engines or some ***but a BMW roadster. And the cast isn't helping either.
A Buggy in 7 and a militarized Prius in 8. The bar's set pretty low.

And what Seha said. Forgot you could rent cars.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-19 10:57:20  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Reks, Drace, Vossler, Rasler, kings of both Dalmasca and Archadia, Gabranth, Cid, and Reddas the Badass. Off the top of my head.

"I judge magister, condemn you to oblivion!"
Reddas NO!
*sun-cryst go boom*

All in pink pirate pants.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 10:58:46  
I hope they bring back sidequests that, even though they seem like crap, can still make us feel something.

One sidequest I really like in IX is the one where you go and find some legendary coffee beans for an old man living outside of Dali. In return he promises to give you the Prima Vista replica he has.

He becomes very happy when you bring him the beans but if you don't bring him all of them in time, he will die in an earthquake without having tasted the coffee.

I always make sure I gather all the beans when I play a new save now, since I failed to give them to him in time on my first playthrough.

And he even sends you a model airship in thanks. <3
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-19 11:01:23  
The cars in Esthar and the Dune Buggy didn't look like something I could get in a dealership. lol

I'm sorry guys, the boy band cast bothers me and even though I know they're going for a dystopian futurescape, that car looks a bit too real for my fantasy game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 11:03:37  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
There were normal cars in 8.

I would rent them and drive around, was pretty nice at low level
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 11:04:56  
The cars in Esthar and the Dune Buggy didn't look like something I could get in a dealership. lol

I'm sorry guys, the boy band cast bothers me and even though I know they're going for a dystopian futurescape, that car looks a bit too real for my fantasy game.

It's based on reality but there are also gigantic airships, castles and medieval countries and enormous tortoises and summons. The higher 'rank' a summon has, the bigger it is. Leviathan (which you see in the trailer) is one of the most powerful ones you can tame.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-19 11:08:10  
I'm not being closeminded on the game by means but honestly SE has shaken my faith with their recent string of fails and desperate appeals to stay relevant with the 'cool kids' as of late.

Maybe I'll be singing praises of the yaoi cast after playing the game but first impressions are first impressions.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 11:09:05  
I'm not being closeminded on the game by means but honestly SE has shaken my faith with their recent string of fails and desperate appeals to stay relevant with the 'cool kids' as of late.

Maybe I'll be singing praises of the yaoi cast after playing the game but first impressions are first impressions.

Kinda what I was trying to get across yesterday.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-19 11:12:22  
The Wada times are over. SE has already changed direction, just have to look at the releases of Bravely Second and Type-0 worldwide to understand they've got it that they need to focus on a certain level of quality.
And personally Explorers looks super fun too.

As for 15 we already know it's taking back the classic FF themes(unlike the 13 saga)and that it's been developed by Nomura who's not too shabby for storytelling.

Oh the main guy is a pretty looking guy? Oh my! It's been like that since Amano artworks and taken to the next step with advanced graphics when Squall was based off Gackt. That's nothing new.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-19 11:15:54  
Ramyrez said: »
but kinda wasnt
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 11:17:43  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
Ramyrez said: »
but kinda wasnt

I wasn't aware you were residing within my buzzing, hammering mind yesterday. -.-;

Edit: That is to say, just because I may have expressed my feelings poorly, or slipped into a confrontational mindset doesn't change what I was thinking/feeling on the topic.

I'm inclined toward hyperbole and speaking in absolutes at times. Especially when I'm already feeling salty, as I was yesterday. What can I say. I'm still a work in progress.

Edit2: Went back and re-read my comments. I still feel like the things I said are along the same lines as Sparth expressed here. Just saltier.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 11:35:29  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The Wada times are over. SE has already changed direction, just have to look at the releases of Bravely Second and Type-0 worldwide to understand they've got it that they need to focus on a certain level of quality.
And personally Explorers looks super fun too.

As for 15 we already know it's taking back the classic FF themes(unlike the 13 saga)and that it's been developed by Nomura who's not too shabby for storytelling.

Oh the main guy is a pretty looking guy? Oh my! It's been like that since Amano artworks and taken to the next step with advanced graphics when Squall was based off Gackt. That's nothing new.

On the subject of the "boy band" look, I think it's pretty justifiable, honestly. Look how many players are girls. Let them have some eye candy for once.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-19 11:40:53  
Most of them are also rich and skinny, it's not that odd considering they mostly look Asian.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 54 55 56