フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 54 55 56
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-18 20:26:28  
Its getting friendlier reviews from video game websites but the movie sites are panning it. I was never interested.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-08-18 20:27:30  
Kalila said: »
People calling it "a really long cutscene"
Isn't this what a movie is? Or have I been lied to all my life about what a movie is D:
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-18 20:43:06  
It's basically a really long cutscene for 15, it's not gonna be a Hollywood movie that has a proper ending/conclusion to it and I'm sure you need to play the game to understand some parts of it (I haven't seen it yet, just guessing)

Pretty sure this wasn't made for movie reviewers but for game reviewers
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-19 11:58:49  
78% of the audience liked it, so probably just a bunch of critics hating on it.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-08-19 12:04:27  
Kalila said: »
78% of the audience liked it, so probably just a bunch of critics hating on it.

but ppl who went to see it probably are the ones that should like it. 78% doesnt seem like a good number to me. maybe 85%
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-19 12:12:54  
Maybe a bunch of people with no interest in the game (ie critics) went to see it and hated it? Would make sense

Quote:
There's a very real possibility that watching "Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV" could result in brain addlement.
Jeannette Catsoulis
New York Times
Top Critic

Quote:
The narrative content of "Kingsglaive" is a barely coherent muddle.
Soren Anderson
Seattle Times
Top Critic

Quote:
With stunning photorealistic animation but poor storytelling, this action movie is meant solely to interest fans of the videogame franchise.
Edward Douglas
Film Journal International

Quote:
Instead of trying to adapt the video game experience into a film format, Kingsglaive transforms the movie-going experience into something familiar to video game fans. It's essentially a really long cutscene.
Christian Holub
Entertainment Weekly
Top Critic
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-19 12:15:08  
If you expect anything amazing out of SE in regards to movies, you're going to be sorely disappointed. I would think we all learned this lesson in 2001.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-19 22:44:21  
A nice analysis of the footage shown

Might wanna skip to 2 minutes since the first little bit is story related

YouTube Video Placeholder

He said Alstor Slough is where Duscae was

I marked it on the map

[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-08-20 08:33:43  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
It's basically a really long cutscene for 15, it's not gonna be a Hollywood movie that has a proper ending/conclusion to it and I'm sure you need to play the game to understand some parts of it (I haven't seen it yet, just guessing)

Pretty sure this wasn't made for movie reviewers but for game reviewers

I think they said at one point they wanted it to be able to reach a wider audience than just the people who would play the game. Hence using bigger names for the voice actors, but in the end I think it was mainly meant as an extended prologue of sorts yeah.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-20 09:41:59  
It says 'Final Fantasy XV" in the title. What else did those reviewers expect? Of course, it would be a long cutscene for the game. It is blatantly obvious.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-08-20 11:58:23  
My interest was piqued at the mention of hunts. I thoroughly enjoyed the FF12 one.
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-08-20 12:38:07  
Maybe a bunch of people with no interest in the game (ie critics) went to see it and hated it? Would make sense

To be fair, critics are judging based on the coherent application of a film. Not on the basis of whether this is an acceptable application to the franchise they know nothing about. So it's only natural that it'll be panned by film critics, and acclaimed by fans.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-20 12:48:40  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
My interest was piqued at the mention of hunts. I thoroughly enjoyed the FF12 one.

It seems to be mostly "kill x of y" at the start but as you rank up you get actual NM hunts
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-08-20 13:57:43  
Artemicion said: »

To be fair, critics are judging based on the coherent application of a film. Not on the basis of whether this is an acceptable application to the franchise they know nothing about. So it's only natural that it'll be panned by film critics, and acclaimed by fans.
That's why they shouldn't review it to begin with.
You should judge something for what it is, not for what it isn't.
That, of course, depends on whether SE took part in causing the confusion by their marketing. If that's the case, then I can't really put all the blame on the critics.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-08-25 07:09:28  
Siren.Mosin said: »
If you expect anything amazing out of SE in regards to movies, you're going to be sorely disappointed. I would think we all learned this lesson in 2001.

Advent children was......ok.... >_>
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-01 08:29:59  
Friend of mine bought Kingsglaive and gave it to me for free so I watched it too.

Non spoilerous opinion:

I don't know why it got criticized, it's a pretty good fantasy film even if you don't know anything about FF15. Obviously if you want to know what happens next you have to play the game, but it's a good prequel and good standalone fantasy.
And SE really doesn't go cheap on graphics, pretty great in that aspect.
[+]
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-09-01 08:51:23  
might be just like that Warcraft movie review where critics wont understand ***.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-09-01 11:11:29  
Bought it last night and watched it. All gamer reviews i've read on it said it was a good movie. The critics obviously aren't going to care about it because they aren't going to play the game.

All in all I enjoyed it. I did think some of the facial animations looked off but otherwise animation was great. And the plot wasn't amazing but it was good. But it did seem like a really long CS instead of a movie. I did not watch WoW movie but that seemed more like a movie. Probably because it wasn't 100% animated.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-01 11:13:05  
I really don't understand the definition of "it's a long cutscene", what defines it? You can easily watch this movie and understand it without needing to even know that FFXV exists.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-09-01 11:32:05  
Yea I agree with Seha, I think it's a pretty decent prequel.

The reason reviews for crits are bad is because it's for people who will play the game or people interested in the story. It's even an OK movie for people who like action and don't mind japanese style of animation.

It isn't for the majority of people which is why it didn't get a major theater release, and only a select few locations held it, briefly at that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-09-01 17:07:59  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I really don't understand the definition of "it's a long cutscene", what defines it? You can easily watch this movie and understand it without needing to even know that FFXV exists.

Its just how it felt. And I think because it was 100% CGI. The voice actors to me also weren't the greatest. the main characters were good but the side characters were just OK. I feel as though if this movie was stand alone and wasn't a prequel to a game I would not be too excited about the sequel. I would watch it, But I also wouldn't be holding my breath for its release.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-01 17:09:00  
Can't say anything about voices cause I watched it in italian.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-09-01 17:17:08  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Can't say anything about voices cause I watched it in italian.

Maybe I should if i can watch it in Japanese... I generally enjoy that more.

Also since atm i dont have my surround sound hooked up. Listening to the movie through TV speakers in the beginning was annoying. Sometimes that music drowned out the narration.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-04 08:38:31  
FFXV at PAX yesterday(all gameplay in a dungeon)

(starts at 21:30)
VIP
By Kalila 2016-09-07 13:07:23  

FINAL FANTASY XV Live at Abbey Road Studios

An exclusive live performance of songs from the FINAL FANTASY XV soundtrack performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra featuring an appearance from FINAL FANTASY XV composer, Yoko Shimomura.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-09-07 13:19:05  
beautiful music, really glad I found it before it went live
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-09-07 13:23:26  
I admit, I kept my expectations low, but I'm legit looking forward to this game coming out now.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 54 55 56