Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-02 11:43:00  
Kalila said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
Sabishii said: »
Wait, you can beat a lvl 57 mob at lvl 30 something? I'm still like lvl 10 or so, really early on in the game lol
If you avoid damage well enough yeah, since it's not just a numbers game like most FFs how well you play makes a big difference over how leveled and geared you are.
^ this

I wish there was an early game item that prevents exp gain, I really would love to see low level builds, especially hunts.

NEED THOSE CHALLENGE RUNS!
It's the same gripe I had with XIII-2 tbh, there was so much side stuff to do that if you actually did it you way overleveled everything... I've only done 4 hunts total and a couple side quests each chapter and I'm already 40+ at chapter 8 >.>

However I feel the XV team dropped the ball a bit, because I feel the lock on system acts differently and unexpectedly for me. I have 26 hours in the game and I still struggle with it at times.
Enableing the wait mode helps with this a bit but it's still clunky, it will pause when you stop moving/attacking/blocking and being hit and you can freely shift your target around. I found it mainly helped with getting my companion abilities to target what I wanted since I'd try to tell gladio to go cleave the group and he'd end up charging of to a single one way off to the side.

Unrelated to the above is it normal for Gladio to be getting more scars as the game goes? somewhere along the line he picked up one across his forehead and one across his chest for me, at first I assumed it was his version of the dirt effect but they haven't gone away.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-02 11:47:25  
My absolute biggest problem with the game though.

X button.

Freaking jumping when you want to pick something up, or interact with something.

Makes me so mad.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-12-02 12:17:48  
Asura.Ina said: »
Sabishii said: »
Wait, you can beat a lvl 57 mob at lvl 30 something? I'm still like lvl 10 or so, really early on in the game lol
If you avoid damage well enough yeah, since it's not just a numbers game like most FFs how well you play makes a big difference over how leveled and geared you are.
^ this

I wish there was an early game item that prevents exp gain, I really would love to see low level builds, especially hunts.

NEED THOSE CHALLENGE RUNS!
Would've been nice to have it on launch, but it's better than nothing.
http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xv-yosuke-matsuda-boss-battle-planned-downloadable-content
Quote:
Outside of this, Tabata also spoke about the free “Holiday Pack” downloadable content. It’s due out before the end of the year, and will implement “New Game Plus” and a “Level Cap Creation Feature.”
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-12-02 12:26:49  
My absolute biggest problem with the game though.

X button.

Freaking jumping when you want to pick something up, or interact with something.

Makes me so mad.

Hold down block when you want to use x for not jumping. works like a charm.

Also I have no issues with Wait mode as it never felt clunky to me. Other than everything being dead so i stop moving but it still puts me in wait mode because the last thing is still in its dying animation xD thats the only part I hate.

Edit: Oh ya and stock making my char stop running after every battle!

and the lock system seems fine for me unless I want to target like.. the horn or something on the mob and there are more around in which case it might take me a try or two to get the target i want. The main issue i have with the wait system is if the mob dies it won't auto-retarget a new mob.. i have to let go of lock-on and then hold it down again.

Also using config C so R2 attack L2 block L1 lock on.. might go back to original because locking on and blocking is awkward since i dont like holding the controller with two fingers on the shoulder buttons. also mashing R2 to break free of a grapple/pin move is harder than mashing O or something.

Also still a newb with magic. not sure how many times i accidently hold down the attack and screw up the positioning of the spell or let go of lock on and drop the spell at my feet xD just silly mistakes.

Edit2: not a fan of the english voice actors for Ignis and umm Gladiolus
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-12-02 16:30:00  
So someone said you can target lock with R3 >.> so that might fix my issue of holding down L1.

Also on some of the magic guides it says flasks can hold up to 99 of spells... how do you make 99? I tried adding more fire to my flask but said i had to empty it... maybe it wasnt the same potency or something... can you just add more charges of the same spell? cause right now i have two flasks that are both the same spell.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-12-02 17:04:29  
Certain catalysts increase just the number of uses of the spell you're creating.

Catalysts change the behavior of the spells you make. The elements that you put up to 99 of just determine the element(s) and some potency. The biggest part of creating strong spells is in what catalysts you use and how many.
By Viciouss 2016-12-02 17:42:15  
Surprised at all of the hate the voice acting is getting, I really have no problem with any of the English voices, except for maybe Cindy. Its a lot better than the work Star Ocean has gotten for the last 3 games.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-02 18:11:11  
Nothing wrong with the English voice acting, I just prefer the Japanese audio, and since SE gave us choice this time instead of forcing English on us, I naturally jumped at the opportunity given.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-02 18:27:59  
Jeez this game has a lot to do. 34 hours into the game and I'm still only on chapter 3.

I have some concerns about "stuff", but I'm going to wait until the end of the game when I know everything there is to know.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-02 18:58:22  
Jeez this game has a lot to do. 34 hours into the game and I'm still only on chapter 3.

I have some concerns about "stuff", but I'm going to wait until the end of the game when I know everything there is to know.
Lady my jaw just hit the floor. I assume your doing every single side quest available and just going mad. Good god lol.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-12-02 19:03:40  
I'm almost 24hrs into the game and I think I'm about half way through chapter 2. Maybe less.

Almost level 30. (Dunno if that is a lot for chapter 2.)
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-02 19:11:21  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

Lady my jaw just hit the floor. I assume your doing every single side quest available and just going mad. Good god lol.
I am :3... level 43 too!

I'll do my low level struggle playthrough later, for now I'm breaking the backs of those pesky iron golems in 3 hits.
By Viciouss 2016-12-02 19:44:13  
I advanced to chapter 8 because I wanted to see some summons, but I haven't looked at the story since then. Ramuh and Titan are pretty awesome.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-02 20:33:59  
Viciouss said: »
Surprised at all of the hate the voice acting is getting, I really have no problem with any of the English voices, except for maybe Cindy. Its a lot better than the work Star Ocean has gotten for the last 3 games.

Cindy looks amazing but sounds like the worst southern accent I've ever heard !
By Viciouss 2016-12-02 22:22:14  
I will say that the summons are a win button, so if you are like Kalila and you want a challenge, don't use them in big fights. I just encountered a Red Giant and right away the summon was available (first time that happened) and Ramuh came in and scorched earth him.

I'm not really going to complain about this because A. they look amazing and B. With the exception of the pathetic Eidolons in FF12 the summons are always a win button, just normally not an insta-kill. I mean I don't think I ever had an Aeon die in the regular playthrough (non-arena fights) of FFX especially since they leveled with you.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-12-02 22:35:05  
I just spent 8hours buying up all the ff soundtracks and listening to them while driving to new locations on the map.....wtf is wrong with me
[+]
By crimsondragon 2016-12-03 02:13:27  
Small review from a avid FF player that loves 1-11, 12 is ehh and 13 needs to burn in a special hell along with SE.

Better than 13 so far by FAR! The day/night camping and cooking system is pretty cool. Massively disappointed with the armor atm, hope it gets better. Not looking like it will though.

The half assed FF10ish skill tree system just makes me sad but is bearable I guess. Have mixed feelings about the way the weapons just appear like magic. The combat system I thought I was going to hate, but it is growing on me. Haven't made it far enough to do magic or espers "w/e they are called" yet.

One thing I thought I would loathe was the whole car concept. But with the way the game is made with day/night meaning something and the world looking to be HUGE, the car is going to be at the very least helpful.

It's kinda awesome that your lvl doesn't mean you can only kill certain lvl mobs. Killing a lvl 30 at lvl 5 is pretty sweet. But at the same time you can't get too cocky cause your *** can get handed to you rather quickly.

So far I'm surprised I don't hate it! ... Completely, lol. I just wish SE would stop with the slacking and put more into gear.

Oh and best hilarious name award so far. wtf Lunafreya.. /facepalm
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-12-03 02:26:54  
anyone complete the quest for Takka where u gotta kill a Cateblopas? I killed 1 but quest doesn't update >< do you have to kill till you get the drop or something?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2016-12-03 14:33:35  
Broke down and bought it... some of my thoughts,

The good.. beautiful landscapes,music, overall style of world. Better then 13,10,9,8 ... not close to 5,6,7,12 imo though.

Gripes... not being able to pan out camera view, i wish there were more heavily single/double roaming mobs...not spread out large groups. Combat is my biggest complaint, just not a fan. I think they hit their peak with 12...gambits and the battle system from 12 would have put this game over the top for me. Just my opinion..still a decent game though, no regrets buying it.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-03 14:56:58  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Gripes... not being able to pan out camera view, i wish there were more heavily single/double roaming mobs...not spread out large groups. Combat is my biggest complaint, just not a fan. I think they hit their peak with 12...gambits and the battle system from 12 would have put this game over the top for me. Just my opinion..still a decent game though, no regrets buying it.

My friend bought it and I screwed around, my only real complaint is that the combat is FAR too "action RPG" like. This shouldn't of been a Final Fantasy title and instead a new franchise name. The Bravely Default line seems to be the real successor to Final Fantasy, this is just Final Devil May Cry. There are great action RPGs, Zelda, Secret of Mana, the Tales series and so forth so it's not bad, but Final Fantasy didn't build it's reputation and fame on Action RPG and many of the older fans have been waiting for a good pure RPG.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-03 14:57:04  
To me 9 is the best ff...you considering it worse than 5 but better than 9 just doesn't compute.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-03 15:02:02  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
To me 9 is the best ff...you considering it worse than 5 but better than 9 just doesn't compute.

Depends on when he started his FF career. Those who started with the earlier NES / SNES ones tend to like 9 because it's style is more akin to FFIV / FFVI vs FFVII/FFX. Those who started with FFVII tend to really dig the emo goth dark anti-hero type stuff and not so much the more colorful Final Fantasies. Change Zidane out for a big sword wielding emo anti-hero wearing leather and they would of liked it more.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-03 15:09:55  
Asura.Saevel said: »
big sword wielding emo anti-hero wearing leather
So..Noctis!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-03 15:27:49  
Asura.Saevel said: »
big sword wielding emo anti-hero wearing leather
So..Noctis!

Yep, basically Cloud + Squall + Lightening stuffed to attract the fans of FFVII. Instead of a cool motocycle scene they used a car.
By Viciouss 2016-12-03 17:23:39  
Asura.Natenn said: »
anyone complete the quest for Takka where u gotta kill a Cateblopas? I killed 1 but quest doesn't update >< do you have to kill till you get the drop or something?

I tried this as well, brought down the hunt and got a skull or something, didnt get the meat. Got distracted and moved on.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2016-12-03 21:07:51  
I found all the characters in 9 extremly unlikable and the game was very bland to me. 5 had quite possibly the best job system of all the series. Just opinions though, i know lots of people love 9. On another note, 15 feels almost identical to xenoblade chronicles.
By fonewear 2016-12-03 21:52:18  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Broke down and bought it... some of my thoughts,

The good.. beautiful landscapes,music, overall style of world. Better then 13,10,9,8 ... not close to 5,6,7,12 imo though.

On that note did you find the world big but empty ?
By Viciouss 2016-12-03 21:54:39  
I think the battle system for 15 is the best of the series.
By RolandJ 2016-12-03 22:42:52  
I finished watching a entire play-through of FFXV and Kingsglaive over the course of this past week. I wish I could have played it instead because it looks quite fun!

Holy cow, the rest of this post is long; read on at your own risk, lol. At times I fear that I enjoy writing too much.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-12-04 01:04:20  
If anyone still needs it looks like you have to inflick break on the torso of a catoblepas to get the meat. Also you gotta spam the Lv38 hunt to fight it.
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 54 55 56