users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Colorless Soul Farming Advice
Colorless Soul Farming Advice
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-11-29 17:46:00  
I just recently farmed the mats for mule's Daurdbla.

I went BLM to nuke down the T1s (and for D2s to keep changing zones quickly) while mule on THF went to area where T2/3 pops (since they're usually right next to each other) then I'd just meet up and pop it, kill on THF. Diabolos is the only tricky one because of the Sleep/Bio and no-wake stuff, but never died to it. Ifrit/Levi are harmless now.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-11-29 17:53:30  
Ifrit was the only dangerous one imo lol. Those spikes hurt baddd
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-11-29 19:08:42  
Bahamut.Baozzer said: »
Ifrit was the only dangerous one imo lol. Those spikes hurt baddd

In i119 on THF i was able to melee it down w/ no WS and spikes were maybe 50 highest i saw, yoran can keep up np
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2017-11-29 20:59:17  
Bongarippa said:
best way to farm souls is pick the giant you think is easiest to get the iron plates from and go there.

any recommendations?
By aisukage 2017-11-29 21:08:26  
I did the Garuda > Diabolos, don't remember having any problems. I would kill T1 > T2 > T3, Go kill another T1 and then afterwards i would go farm the items and pop an iron giant. I would easily kill an iron Giant and sometimes nearly farm up a second one before garuda repopped. Made both stages go really fast
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-29 22:11:58  
Lakshmi.Ashtopcat said: »
Bongarippa said:
best way to farm souls is pick the giant you think is easiest to get the iron plates from and go there.

any recommendations?

I preferred Uleguerend as it was pretty easy to pop. it's been so long since I fought the others, I do not recall their pop conditions.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-11-29 22:28:43  
Altepa was my favorite for souls. The pop area for T2/ T3 is just a straight path, whereas Uleguerand is basically two pop areas separated by a big wall you'll need to run around.
[+]
By Bongarippa 2017-11-30 00:46:14  
Bongarippa said:

any recommendations?

I just did my mules daurdabla about a month and a half ago. Would go to flux 5 or 6 (the ones with the worms and raptors) to get t2 abyssite, then 7 to pop shiva. It was always in either gears or acroliths and the t3 was also in the gears or acroliths. While waiting on t2 or 3 to be up again, id farm the iron giant. Took a couple days to be done with abyssea spending like 4 or 5 hours a day there when i wasnt at work. Leviathan can occasionally do some damage with tidal wave so try not to get caught in ws gear or something with no meva or mdb when it uses it.
[+]
By Bongarippa 2017-11-30 00:47:48  
Bongarippa said: »
Bongarippa said:

any recommendations?

I just did my mules daurdabla about a month and a half ago. Would go to flux 5 or 6 (the ones with the worms and raptors) to get t2 abyssite, then 7 to pop shiva. It was always in either gears or acroliths and the t3 was also in the gears or acroliths. While waiting on t2 or 3 to be up again, id farm the iron giant. Took a couple days to be done with abyssea spending like 4 or 5 hours a day there when i wasnt at work. Leviathan can occasionally do some damage with tidal wave so try not to get caught in ws gear or something with no meva or mdb when it uses it.

Also was farming apademak while doing this as well so if you're making ochain, I'd suggest all this takes place in grauberg.
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-01 17:00:27  
Bongarippa said:

any recommendations?

Also was farming apademak while doing this as well so if you're making ochain, I'd suggest all this takes place in grauberg.

wut? all of that happens in Uleguerend.
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-12-01 18:25:55  
fillerbunny9 said: »
Bongarippa said:

any recommendations?

He was saying all of the Ochain stuff can be done in Grauberg following the same ideas as Daurdbla in Uleg, not the exact same mobs, though.
By Chyula 2017-12-01 18:51:55  
use the glitch and be done with it in few hours.
[+]
By Bongarippa 2017-12-01 19:11:03  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
Bongarippa said:

any recommendations?

He was saying all of the Ochain stuff can be done in Grauberg following the same ideas as Daurdbla in Uleg, not the exact same mobs, though.

This. If you're making an Ochain, might as well do the giant, t3, and dragon all in grauberg instead of hopping around zone to zone.
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2017-12-01 19:29:03  
thanks all, it would be for a mule's harp as well
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-12-01 19:52:50  
I did the glitch, it was fantastic
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
サーバ: Bismarck
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-12-02 01:29:47  
What's this glitch and how do you do it lol?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [210 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [593 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Botosi
サーバ: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-13 14:14:21  
I'm bumping this thread because I wanna know the glitch. I heard it's possible to keep T3 pops; is this true?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 14:16:07  
Weirdly it's not in this thread, but it's in other threads.

yes. it is possible. Not recommended. but easy to do 'accidentally'
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-13 14:32:18  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Weirdly it's not in this thread, but it's in other threads.

yes. it is possible. Not recommended. but easy to do 'accidentally'

Gotcha. Just trying to combat the mercs trying to charge 2mil per soul. It's not even about the gil; just the principle of paying 150mil for Abyssea items is beyond ridiculous.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 14:37:16  
2m per soul is batshit crazy
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 14:47:11  
I am looking to do these soon for my mule's harp, I was under the impression you can block upgrades simply by not popping the next tiers mob, I.E. want to keep T2 pop, don't pop the T3? Unless the highest tier is the one you need, in which case you gotta keep cycling, is T3 the highest tier? It's not really an exploit when it's a basic game function that you can't hold 2 of the same exact KI. I honestly think they planned it that way on purpose in order to better focus on that specific tier. But it's been ages since I've done any of these, so I am probably wrong.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 14:52:51  
You can do that for the outside VoidWalkers

If you keep a Blue, and you fight in the zones that colorful becomes Blue, you can keep colorful forever. You need to be able to understand the message system to make it work, but it works.

The inside VoidWalker (abyssea) system, you can't do that with. Souls drop from the highest tier and it breaks(unless you cheat it)
(edited for clarity)
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 14:54:21  
Ah, well, just spill the beans already haha. All seeing eye was tremendous for these also, is that extinct now?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 17:58:41  
Lowqualitybait. I pm'd him how to do it.

And if you search, you'll find out how too. It's on this website, in one of these similar threads. Just not this thread.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 18:06:28  
Google is your friend, I'm not.