/hands PARKER "War and Peace"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-24 09:15:05  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I have a new found respect for Niko and I'm not sure how I feel about this.
You're just getting this about him now? I guess he does spend a lot of his time mocking you so you may have missed it but yeah...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-24 09:18:27  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Asura.Lolserj said: »
I think a lot of people think it through,

Well then... I hope you can find some enjoyment in being wrong....
Because you are wrong and you should feel bad! (4spence!)

My statement is based on statistical analysis, not thoughts or feelings. Most people, when they think about the future, do not consider the negative.

Not only do they not want to think about bad things, they don't even want to know about if they could. Using a time machine or some sort of window to look into the future.

"More than 2,000 people from Germany and Spain were asked in face-to-face interviews whether they would want to know about future events in their lives. Nearly all — 85 to 90 percent — would not want to know about upcoming negative events. Up to 70 percent preferred to remain ignorant of positive ones."
It's like those people that get married and then find out that one of them wants to have kids and the other refuses to have kids!

Personally if a relationship lasts more than a month I put out my dealbreakers right then and there to see if it should go any further...
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-24 09:19:56  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You're just getting this about him now? I guess he does spend a lot of his time mocking you so you may have missed it but yeah...
How's Oklahoma treating you? Is it "OK"?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-24 09:21:04  
You should feel bad for making that post...

Haven't moved in yet... not til may...
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-24 09:22:41  
You should feel bad for making that post...

Haven't moved in yet... not til may...
I feel bad but not because of the post.

I thought you already moved.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-24 09:30:02  
It's like those people that get married and then find out that one of them wants to have kids and the other refuses to have kids!

happened to my cousin and he divorced her and married someone else. lol Until death do us part! or we strongly disagree on something

So I wouldn't loan him any money...but he hasn't asked...so it hasn't come up... but yeah if he made me a promise I wouldn't expect him to honor it.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 09:31:39  
I think a lot of people think it through,

Well then... I hope you can find some enjoyment in being wrong....
Because you are wrong and you should feel bad! (4spence!)

My statement is based on statistical analysis, not thoughts or feelings. Most people, when they think about the future, do not consider the negative.

Not only do they not want to think about bad things, they don't even want to know about if they could. Using a time machine or some sort of window to look into the future.

"More than 2,000 people from Germany and Spain were asked in face-to-face interviews whether they would want to know about future events in their lives. Nearly all — 85 to 90 percent — would not want to know about upcoming negative events. Up to 70 percent preferred to remain ignorant of positive ones."

I don't know that I would necessarily want to know about future events in my life either, but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't think things through. I don't know if what you're pointing out is actually relevant at all to my comment.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-24 09:39:32  
Where's my goddamn breadsticks?
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 09:42:54  

happened to my cousin and he divorced her and married someone else. lol Until death do us part! or we strongly disagree on something

So I wouldn't loan him any money...but he hasn't asked...so it hasn't come up... but yeah if he made me a promise I wouldn't expect him to honor it.

I mean, I don't see the point in faulting someone in making a mistake.

I don't see how you could possibly expect someone to stay in a marriage when neither, or even 1, of the people involved is happy with the relationship.

***happens. I don't care how well you know someone, there could always be something more. And you may even know about someones flaws and tell yourself that you can deal with it, but maybe one day you realize that you've been putting up with someone's *** just a little too long.

The person you fell in love with could start smoking crack or get put in prison for doing something wrong, without thinking of you in either case.

I mean... maybe that's your thing though. I suppose I don't mean any offense to anyone that smokes crack under a bridge with their significant other
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 09:43:05  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Where's my goddamn breadsticks?

I ate them :(
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-24 09:44:53  
I don't know if what you're pointing out is actually relevant at all to my comment.

Your comment is fundamentally flawed because you were projecting your own personal opinion and experiance to society as a whole when you ised the phrase "I think".

Then in your example, you further prove my point by stating "what if the spouse becoming abusive." You created a loophole to get out of your promise. Where You might call it quits. I would simply move out and stay married while living somewhere else.

Again, there isn't a scenario I haven't thought through. I'm prepared for every concievable eventuality. In a way that perhaps a completely sane mind can't even begin to grasp.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 09:54:13  
I don't know if what you're pointing out is actually relevant at all to my comment.

Your comment is fundamentally flawed because you were projecting your own personal opinion and experiance to society as a whole when you ised the phrase "I think".

Then in your example, you further prove my point by stating "what if the spouse becoming abusive." You created a loophole to get out of your promise. Where You might call it quits. I would simply move out and stay married while living somewhere else.

Again, there isn't a scenario I haven't thought through. I'm prepared for every concievable eventuality. In a way that perhaps a completely sane mind can't even begin to grasp.

"Thinking it through" is honestly relative to each person, and in each case, especially when it comes to marriage.

Using personal opinion and experience, even to society as a whole, makes sense in this context when I think of what marriage means to me. Thinking "is this someone I trust and love and think maybe we can make it for a while and maybe until death" is basically enough for me, and I'm sure a majority of people who get married at least do that

If marriage specifically meant "being together by contract until we die", then sure what I said would not be valid at all, but that is not what marriage is. Not to everyone anyways.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-24 09:57:14  
I don't see the point in faulting someone in making a mistake.

He lied! In my example of my cousin, he lied. He promised to love honor and cherish his wife until death does them part in sickness and in health rich or poor better or worse I WAS RIGHT THERE I SAW THE WHOLE THING!!!.

Maybe his wife went crazy and decided "I don't want kids" ok

But that's covered right there in the sicknesss or health clause.

or she simply changed her mind. it doesn't matter. if you make a promise to do something until you doe and you quit before your heart stops YOU LIED. For whatever reason you didn't hold up your end of the bargain.

In my eyes, which certainly a valid point could be made that WHO GIVES A ***ABOUT WHAT I THINK OF THEM, they have
NO HONOR

I didn't go to the second wedding or send a gift or acknoledge his wife because why in the hell would anyone with two functioning brain cells think that he would stick this marraige out when ***got hard
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 09:58:38  
Nik let's say, as an example, you wake up after your wife had just used a knife to remove your junk. I don't know if I could believe that you wouldn't at least consider a divorce after that.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 10:00:09  
I don't see the point in faulting someone in making a mistake.

He lied! In my example of my cousin, he lied. He promised to love honor and cherish his wife until death does them part in sickness and in health rich or poor better or worse I WAS RIGHT THERE I SAW THE WHOLE THING!!!.

Maybe his wife went crazy and decided "I don't want kids" ok

But that's covered right there in the sicknesss or health clause.

or she simply changed her mind. it doesn't matter. if you make a promise to do something until you doe and you quit before your heart stops YOU LIED. For whatever reason you didn't hold up your end of the bargain.

In my eyes, which certainly a valid point could be made that WHO GIVES A ***ABOUT WHAT I THINK OF THEM, they have
NO HONOR

I didn't go to the second wedding or send a gift or acknoledge his wife because why in the hell would anyone with two functioning brain cells think that he would stick this marraige out when ***got hard

You're starting to remind me of my cousin on facebook who started comparing me to Hitler because I said I was a progressive
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-24 10:03:18  
If marriage specifically meant "being together by contract until we die", then sure what I said would not be valid at all, but that is not what marriage is. Not to everyone anyways.

really? you never heard the preacher or priest or justice of the peace say the line "UNTIL DEATH DO US PART"

what did you think that meant? until she gets fat? until she has an opinion I don't like?
[+]
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-24 10:03:46  
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 10:04:58  

really? you never heard the preacher or priest or justice of the peace say the line "UNTIL DEATH DO US PART"

what did you think that meant? until she gets fat? until she has an opinion I don't like?

I don't plan on going to a preacher, nor do I plan on having to go through all that ceremonial *** before getting married. Obviously I have heard the phrase "Until death do us part", obviously some people truly believe in it, but if you're going to tell me that everyone does... I just can't believe that.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-24 10:09:11  
Nik let's say, as an example, you wake up after your wife had just used a knife to remove your junk. I don't know if I could believe that you wouldn't at least consider a divorce after that.

I don't care if YOU believe me. I have been married for twenty five years. Here is the tldr version I have seen some ***

It hasn't all been wine and roses jack... but I came prepared.

I don't think you can understand or appreciate the lengths I am prepared to go. for one because you haven't experincaed the lengths I have gone through already.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 10:11:32  

I don't care if YOU believe me. I have been married for twenty five years. Here is the tldr version I have seen some ***

It hasn't all been wine and roses jack... but I came prepared.

I don't think you can understand or appreciate the lengths I am prepared to go. for one because you haven't experincaed the lengths I have gone through already.

So you're saying that if your wife cut off your penis you would stay with her afterwards?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-24 10:28:22  
So you're saying that if your wife cut off your penis you would stay with her afterwards?

of course. in sickness and in health. it's right there in black and white

I just can't believe that.

Because you, like most people, haven't thought it through
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-24 10:29:51  

John Wayne Bobbitt was such a pussy.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-24 10:35:42  
Lolserj, here's the thing.

Nik is all about his word, his honour.

To him marriage has nothing to do with love or any of that nonsense.

Marriage to him is a promise, one that he believes to be of incredibly high importance to keep no matter what.

He cares little about anything else except what he agreed to on the day of his marriage.

You're basically fighting a battle against opinion, which started because of your own opinion upon Nik's opinion upon your opinion.

Basically, Nik don't give a ***, he's keeping his word. If he doesn't, he has dishonoured himself and his family and shall commit seppuku. Because that is the honourable thing to do.

That's cool, let him do his thing. Because his view of marriage has nothing to do with "conventional" marriage views. His view of marriage is completely on his view of promise keeping and honour.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 10:39:59  

I just can't believe that.

Because you, like most people, haven't thought it through

Okay I have gathered that in your situation marriage is until death, and that is completely fine, as long as both you and your wife are fine with that arrangement.

But it isn't to everyone, so don't go spouting *** about how if you end up getting a divorce then you "Haven't thought it through". I don't care what promises they made before getting married.

It's just not up to you, it's up to those people. And if they want to void their contract, until death or otherwise, it's really not up to you

Knowing when to quit, in my opinion, is more honorable than wasting time over old and ridiculous tradition.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 10:41:35  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Lolserj, here's the thing.

Nik is all about his word, his honour.

To him marriage has nothing to do with love or any of that nonsense.

Marriage to him is a promise, one that he believes to be of incredibly high importance to keep no matter what.

He cares little about anything else except what he agreed to on the day of his marriage.

You're basically fighting a battle against opinion, which started because of your own opinion upon Nik's opinion upon your opinion.

Basically, Nik don't give a ***, he's keeping his word. If he doesn't, he has dishonoured himself and his family and shall commit seppuku. Because that is the honourable thing to do.

That's cool, let him do his thing. Because his view of marriage has nothing to do with "conventional" marriage views. His view of marriage is completely on his view of promise keeping and honour.

I mean I don't care what Nik does, if he wants to stay in the marriage until death or whatever

But having such a negative opinion of people who get divorced is, in my opinion, a little ridiculous
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-24 10:42:57  

I don't plan on going to a preacher, nor do I plan on having to go through all that ceremonial *** before getting married. Obviously I have heard the phrase "Until death do us part", obviously some people truly believe in it, but if you're going to tell me that everyone does... I just can't believe that.
If you don't believe in it then why bother?
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 10:43:43  

If you don't believe in it then why bother?

Legal reasons
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-24 10:43:56  
them hobbits tho
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-03-24 10:44:23  
And I suppose it's also a declaration of love in a way