FFXIV
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-04 02:03:46  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
A lot of FATEs are painfully overcrowded, especially in the more popular areas where FATE grinding is a thing. I'm in the low 40s where the popular spot is Camp Dragonhead and I just avoid them for the very same reasons you give.

So far I do not like fates. My highest job is 28 so this may change, but right now fates are not fun.

My PUG recently got an aoe move and that is all I spam in them now, since you do not need to target to use the ability. Usually by the time I target and attack the mob traditionally, the mob is dead.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-04 02:09:56  
Quote:
then you instantly die because 1) The CNJ or ACN int curing for ***

I'd point out, that ACN (without SCH) really can't cure for *** :P

They have 1 low power, single target Cure spell. CNJ get's a whole lot easier (as expected) with Cure2/3, Medica/Medica2 and whatever else WHM brings to the table.

ACN's great in a pinch, but I was ACN main heal in the second story dungeon (Tam-Tara I think it was?). I died 5 times, tank died once. If I had some slightly more potent, or even AoE healing abilities - I probably wouldn't have bitten the dust as much :P
By Enuyasha 2013-09-04 02:14:17  
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Quote:
then you instantly die because 1) The CNJ or ACN int curing for ***

I'd point out, that ACN (without SCH) really can't cure for *** :P

They have 1 low power, single target Cure spell. CNJ get's a whole lot easier (as expected) with Cure2/3, Medica/Medica2 and whatever else WHM brings to the table.

ACN's great in a pinch, but I was ACN main heal in the second story dungeon (Tam-Tara I think it was?). I died 5 times, tank died once. If I had some slightly more potent, or even AoE healing abilities - I probably wouldn't have bitten the dust as much :P
Yea, i think i started noticing the difference after Tam-Tara (not THAT much, but its a little irksome) and it REALLY got HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE on Ifrit. WHM really only has the benefit of status removal and higher base cure potency on spells. Otherwise, SCH is thashet.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-04 02:21:16  
Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »

Im a full on crafting addict. The system is that good. It reminds me of Skyrims Trifecta. You have to dabble in a bit of everything in order to be successful. I can craft and gather for hours, mind you, ive been doing that for like the lat 70 hours and I running out of room. Haha. Autocrafting is useful as ***also (making low tier synths).

^Same :). I love the crafting and gathering system. They are very interconncted and I'm enjoying leveling most of them. Mining was very zen like at first, getting a bit more annoying in the mid 20's but still nice.

I love that pretty much everything stacks to 99. So awesome compared to xi ore not stacking and ingots only stacking to 12.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-04 02:21:23  
Not unlocked SCH yet D: I've been taking it really lazily on XIV, after being one of the "less casual" on XI for at least 6 years, I got pretty burned out on extensive/quick runs.

I do still have my 50 THM/CNJ from 1.0 - was just trying to avoid being thrown into the healing pool until I'd gotten re-acquainted with the game D:

Atm I'm 26ACN, and all-in-all, it's pretty nice to not be the guy "needed for heals!" (career WHM in almost every game I've played D: fancied a change this time :D), but some people still expect base ACN to cure as well as CNJ.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2013-09-04 02:25:09  
Odin.Hirokei said: »
What in XI is so hard?

FFXI build or (used to) boss/normal fights based on the level cap and the gear available at the time of releasing the content.

For instance, ZM/COP/ToAH/Primal/etc fights were challenging at the time the content was released. Because they took in consideration all the abilities of the jobs and the gear available in the game.

Also, FFXI used to tweak the difficulty level by including the mobs special abilities and strategic AI in the formula, however, in modern MMOs, difficulty level is tweaked mainly by increasing the base defense of the mobs or nerfing the players' base attack or increasing the frequency of the mob’s AOE attacks.

I’m not being bias toward FFXI, FFXIV, or even WoW, but you can feel the developers’ lazyness in any game, even in FFXI at times.

The effort they did in transforming FFXIV V.1 to AAR is exceptional, but I just hoped the game was more engaging mentally than it is currently.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-04 02:26:49  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »

Im a full on crafting addict. The system is that good. It reminds me of Skyrims Trifecta. You have to dabble in a bit of everything in order to be successful. I can craft and gather for hours, mind you, ive been doing that for like the lat 70 hours and I running out of room. Haha. Autocrafting is useful as ***also (making low tier synths).

^Same :). I love the crafting and gathering system. They are very interconncted and I'm enjoying leveling most of them. Mining was very zen like at first, getting a bit more annoying in the mid 20's but still nice.

I love that pretty much everything stacks to 99. So awesome compared to xi ore not stacking and ingots only stacking to 12.

Spatial compression technology has come a long way since the early Crystal Era.

On the subject of dimensional manipulation, is that "Instanced Neighborhood" housing actually in the game right now, or is it some updates off?

I only ask because I think there's some real potential for a Judge Dredd inspired Block War PVP system.
By Enuyasha 2013-09-04 02:28:25  
Not unlocked SCH yet D: I've been taking it really lazily on XIV, after being one of the "less casual" on XI for at least 6 years, I got pretty burned out on extensive/quick runs.

I do still have my 50 THM/CNJ from 1.0 - was just trying to avoid being thrown into the healing pool until I'd gotten re-acquainted with the game D:

Atm I'm 26ACN, and all-in-all, it's pretty nice to not be the guy "needed for heals!" (career WHM in almost every game I've played D: fancied a change this time :D), but some people still expect base ACN to cure as well as CNJ.
Yea. youll get alot of that from the idiot GLA/PLDs....i got the whole "TANKS DONT CURE THEMSELFS!" line from a PLD in tamtara and he was just being a huge MP leech. I ended up main tanking with topaz carbuncle because i couldnt stand spamming physick every second slowing the run down a whole metric ***. as SCH i have a bit of trouble healing because i keep spamming the ***out of my pet :| and then she doesnt cure as oftenly as i see other players pets spamming embrace and dawn whisper (Cure and AOE Regen respectively). Its a good thing Adloquium cures pretty high and that high cure gives a high stoneskin-like effect (that STACKS with Stoneskin!). Other than that, i like SMN way too much after 35 >_>'

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By sumo 2013-09-04 02:32:14  
IMO the game itself is pretty good. I like the story so far (lv.20) and while the battle system is a little bland for my tastes, it's certainly got more "umph" than XI does.

My biggest complaint is more about the community than anything else.
It doesn't feel like there is any more collusion amongst the community than in a single player game. When you do have to group up, it seems like the objective can be accomplished without the entire party saying so much as one word to each other. In XI, if you wanted to get anywhere, you had to group. It was forced onto us players. I'm not asking for forced interaction so much as i'm asking for an increased sense of communication and teamwork. It seems more difficult to make friends in this game than any other i've played before.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2013-09-04 02:39:47  
That's one of the downsides of the duty finder, while it saves time and energy in gathering people.
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-09-04 02:40:53  
Ragnarok.Vitaru said: »
What in XI is so hard?

FFXI build or (used to) boss/normal fights based on the level cap and the gear available at the time of releasing the content.

For instance, ZM/COP/ToAH/Primal/etc fights were challenging at the time the content was released. Because they took in consideration all the abilities of the jobs and the gear available in the game.

Also, FFXI used to tweak the difficulty level by including the mobs special abilities and strategic AI in the formula, however, in modern MMOs, difficulty level is tweaked mainly by increasing the base defense of the mobs or nerfing the players' base attack or increasing the frequency of the mob’s AOE attacks.

I’m not being bias toward FFXI, FFXIV, or even WoW, but you can feel the developers’ lazyness in any game, even in FFXI at times.

The effort they did in transforming FFXIV V.1 to AAR is exceptional, but I just hoped the game was more engaging mentally than it is currently.
I personally feel like the hard mode primals in 14 are a challenge. Nothing in 11 felt much harder than them, unless you're counting old school AV and PW which were so ridiculous I wouldn't even count since the majority of people never even bothered with them, and are since irrelevant.

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
What in XI is so hard?
You ever do delve with 6?

You ever solo bahamut's coil?
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2013-09-04 02:46:55  
Are you seriously comparing primal fights in ffxiv with AV or PW?. I beat ifrit 1/1 in ffxiv with shitty gear.

You should compare these fights with primal fights in FFXI when the content was released, not now. I.e. Fenrir fight wasn't easy before.
By Enuyasha 2013-09-04 02:50:30  
Are you seriously comparing primal fights in ffxiv with AV or PW?. I beat ifrit 1/1 in ffxiv with shitty gear.

You should compare these fights with primal fights in FFXI when the content was released, not now. I.e. Fenrir fight wasn't easy before.
There are two "Primal" fights for each primal. The story fights are relatively easy and any PUG can beat them. Then theres the (Hard) Primals which are for relics and have increased stats and do alot more damage and scale to level 50's.
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-09-04 02:53:31  

I was saying other than AV and PW... Because they were unrealistically hard. I'm not comparing them.
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-09-04 03:11:42  
Kalila said: »

Odd i know it worked in beta, well there was an assist comand mayhap it has s different syntax this time that is rather its something other than /assist

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

More an issue in starting areas some of the level 25ish fates seem less crowded but then again im on a legacy characters so there is already a decent spread in character levels...

Not to mention that physic actually costs more mp then cure (when i checked at level 5ish was double the cost of cure)

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

they are supposed to implement it along with the PvP system with the first major patch.
 Sylph.Tkbeatz
user: Tkbeatz
By Sylph.Tkbeatz 2013-09-04 03:24:51  
Fenrir.Faction said: »
Anyone full time FFXIV?

I already cancelled 4 of my ffxi accounts.. no need to go back once you start playing ffxiv.
[+]
 Sylph.Makum
user: Makum
By Sylph.Makum 2013-09-04 04:16:51  
Sylph.Tkbeatz said: »
Fenrir.Faction said: »
Anyone full time FFXIV?

I already cancelled 4 of my ffxi accounts.. no need to go back once you start playing ffxiv.

Dentist go away!
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-09-04 04:26:17  
Logged in just now and still got server queued, but a least not 1017'd!

Just letting you know it's up right now, I thought it lasted another 30 minutes? Oh well!
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-09-04 06:42:37  
Bahamut.Lilsanchez said: »
Crafts do get kinda important. Each piece of gear becomes unusable when worn. Bound gear cant be sold. Makes crafting useful.
That doesn't make crafting useful at all. Binding made a few things worse, mostly those crafts that required you to have a base armor piece and then "Upgrade" it like Reinforced whatever Barbuts and stuff.

The issue is still that to many quests give you good enough armor to last you until AF, and they are all so easy to complete. From a DoW/DoM view, that is pretty awesome. You can make gear progress and get some Exp all at the same time.
For DoH and DoL, that isn't so awesome, as there is now much less demand for their products.
Siren.Novadragon said: »
Blacksmith/Armorer combo with a Miner. Don't have to buy anything doing that.

Mine Ores > Blacksmith make the nuggets > Armorer makes the ingot and armor.
My Miner is 50 and my Armorer is 47(or maybe it's 46) so I can easily gather all possible ore and make a huge chunk of the required metals.
But I can't make Electrum or Gold, which are used annoyingly often in most heavy armor.
I also can't make the higher tier cloth or wood or leather, so yeah, you still need to buy things off the market. And you can't just get the one item you need.
Not so much of an issue at like 20 or something, but it's rough for 45+ gear, especially considering you will most likely not make a profit off of what you sell.

Crafting just isn't in a great place at the moment, which sucks considering how much more fun the whole thing is now. I love that I can really control my HQ progress in a way, but to what end when the item doesn't sell for anymore than I actually put in to it?

Quests all over the world just give you to much access to decent gear and equipment. There's no market for DoH/DoL tools even now that their class quests give them the tools they need every 5 levels.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-04 06:46:18  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Afania said: »
I leveled a tank job, probably the shittiest archetype of job to level in any MMO ever when it's solo oriented, from 1 to 50 and can say that I never felt like I was engaged to monster for too long or that the GCD made me want to claw my eyes out or any ***like that. The combat feels like it has weight to it as a result of the more measured time between each
action, and as a result of that additional time the animations and reactions to and from being attacked feel more meaty. It's almost cathartic.

I like it a lot more than hitting 5 abilities within 3 seconds and having the thing I'm attacking die in under 10 seconds just to move on to the next powerless sod near me. I like it significantly more than standing there autoattacking for however long just to press the same button over and over, sometimes moving a couple of steps and pressing another button or two in between, to kill enemies that stand in one spot using a TP move every 6~10 seconds and occasionally cast a spell, never attempting to flee or use its environment against you.

So personally, if I had the choice, I'd rather have a meaty, flavorful combat experience rather than "kill a trash mob in 2 sec with 2 abilities" for "non stop action", because to me, action doesn't entail running around two shotting everything with no weightiness to the combat. I shouldn't be able to kill the massive armored dragon in two shots, it should be a duel to the death, and I want that duel to feel like it has substance to it rather than floaty spins and strikes that sound like they're done with a wet paper towel roll at a speed that would tear my limbs from their sockets while standing in one spot and not feeling connected with my prey or my environment.

You don't need 2.5 sec to choose which ability to use in mmo after optimal rotation in that situation is figured out.

You are implying mmo in past 5 years has no depth?

What part of my post says any of that? It isn't about having the time to choose which ability to use in an optimal rotation, it's the feel of the combat. I get it, you don't like it, you want to feel like a god or something in your games. Fine. But I and many others would much prefer a weighty combat experience that feels visceral rather than smashing together tin cans, one hopefully being sharper than the other and thus wins immediately so you can move on to smashing into more cans.

And no, I'm not implying that at all. GW2 is one of my favorite MMOs of all time. However, trying to say that it's "white knighting" to defend XIV's combat system just because you can't spam keys at the speed of smell to take down everything in your path in a microsecond is an unfair assessment, so I provided reasons why.

You have biased opinion toward "kill fodder with 2 ability" and "lower GCD", and tell me "I only want to feel like a god"?

I'm talking about whether it's good/bad from game design's prospective. And personally I find it's unnecessary to make it that way, and I couldn't understand why ppl defend for it. The only reason fan boy ever use was "Go play other games if you don't like 2.5 sec GDC, I like it".

I leveled a tank job, probably the shittiest archetype of job to level in any MMO ever when it's solo oriented, from 1 to 50 and can say that I never felt like I was engaged to monster for too long or that the GCD made me want to claw my eyes out or any ***like that. The combat feels like it has weight to it as a result of the more measured time between each action, and as a result of that additional time the animations and reactions to and from being attacked feel more meaty. It's almost cathartic.

I like it a lot more than hitting 5 abilities within 3 seconds and having the thing I'm attacking die in under 10 seconds just to move on to the next powerless sod near me. I like it significantly more than standing there autoattacking for however long just to press the same button over and over, sometimes moving a couple of steps and pressing another button or two in between, to kill enemies that stand in one spot using a TP move every 6~10 seconds and occasionally cast a spell, never attempting to flee or use its environment against you.

So personally, if I had the choice, I'd rather have a meaty, flavorful combat experience rather than "kill a trash mob in 2 sec with 2 abilities" for "non stop action", because to me, action doesn't entail running around two shotting everything with no weightiness to the combat. I shouldn't be able to kill the massive armored dragon in two shots, it should be a duel to the death, and I want that duel to feel like it has substance to it rather than floaty spins and strikes that sound like they're done with a wet paper towel roll at a speed that would tear my limbs from their sockets while standing in one spot and not feeling connected with my prey or my environment.

I'm not sure whether you start from scratch or start with your high lv legacy character in ARR, but I rerolled a new character, and played new job in ARR just to see how low lv content is like.

And ARR lv 1~15 or lv 20 experience, is TERRIBLE.

Low lv quest is nothing different from other MMO, get quest, kill X Y Z, but I'm ok with that. I'm ok with low lv solo quest serves as tutorial for players to get used to the control, and feel the overall pace of the game. Other games are like that, ARR is like that, that's all fine by me.

What I disagree with, in other games, you go out of town on lv 1 character, engage, click ability 1, wait for 1.5 sec, click ability again, dead.

In ARR, you engage, click ability, wait for 2.5 sec, click ability again, 2.5 sec, click ability, 2.5 sec, repeat that somewhere between 4~7 times(depending on job/gear/lv, but certainly more than 2 times), dead.

Then you repeat that process A LOT for various quests, doing SAME thing you do in other games, with limited ability(usually spam around 2~3 moves all the way until 15~20), only to do it 10 times slower.

How does doing same click ability, click ability, click ability for more than 2 times on same target feels "better" than doing it twice?

Meaty combat experience by using same ability 5+ times on every mob for hours? Lol. No, you move to next powerless mobs after a lot of 2.5 sec GDC, except the entire process is being dragged 10 times longer, but the essence of it is pretty much the same.

And no, I'm not talking about raid NMs, nor big dragon. I'm talking about LEVEL ONE solo fodder, that using same ability slightly more times doesn't make the game experience better, it makes it worse. Like how pre Abyssea era, lving a job takes 5 months, and how does that make it "better" experience to kill same mob over and over for 5 months?

I agree with combat should have meaningful experience, but meaningful experience will NEVER come from using same ability 5 times on a lv 1 fodder the moment you get into a game.

Because if it does, why would many(I mean many, for real) post WoW/GW2 generation MMO player complain about slow pace combat on forums? Obviously they see no meaning in those, just like me.

And if fodder doesn't die after a few ability use, how can you get the sense of accomplishment at higher lv when mobs takes more time to die?

Then when ppl expressed their opinion about how bad the design is, fan boys counter with "if you don't like it gtfo" "buutttt....but it gets better at high lv".

If the game only get better at high lv, or if I feel no satisfaction by spamming same ability multiple time on a fodder in solo quest, then it's clearly a design flaw. And it's irrelevant to I want to be a god in a video game.

There are no reason that low lv fodder can't die in 2 ability, none. Like there are no reason that 5 months of lving is necessary in XI.

I also disagree with lower GDC makes the combat has no weight. Weight of combat/decision making came from depth/design mechanics, but irrelevant to the cool down time.

Most of the video game design mechanics pretty much boils down to rock paper scissor type of "If your enemy do X, you counter with Y".

For example:
If my MP runs low and need MP, I use MP recovery combo.

My decision's already been made the moment my MP runs low, cool down time just stop me from executing the decision.

Give me 1 sec cool down time, I'm going to use MP recovery combo.

Give me 60 sec cool down time, I'm still going to use MP recovery combo.

1 sec or 60 sec, my decision holds same weight, except my execution is slower with 60 sec cool down.

This is pretty much the same mechanic in ANY fighting game with depth, or turn based games.

Say you're playing tekken or fighting games that's not a shallow button mesh.

Your enemy do X, you counter with Y, if you counter the wrong move, you get *** kicked.

Make Tekken into a RPG with 2.5 sec cool down, you do same decision, make tekken into a FTG with no cool down, every move you make, and every mistake you make, still has same weight, except you do it faster.

Ask any professional FTG player, whether Tekken is a shallow button mash that decisions are irrelevant, or a meaty, flavor-able rock paper scissor experience, and see how they reply.

Further more, at higher lv your GDC gets reduced with gears, by your logic, FFXIV sucked at higher lv cuz you get lower GDC?

I did not ask FFXIV be as fast as Tekken, I simply think game's better with 1.5 sec GDC or 2 sec GDC, and lower GDC reduce from gear or no GDC- gears. That would make pre lv 40 experience MUCH better.

By no means 1.5~2 sec GDC make FFXIV a button spam.

I see NO reason that 2.5 GDC at lower lv is necessary to make the game good, that no amount of "gtfo if you don't like it, I like it this way" can defend for it. Because currently we're seeing equally, if not more 2.5 sec GDC haters than lovers, at least in NA/EU MMORPG community.

The only positive reason I can think of, is it's a way to accommodate JP/FFXI culture. JPs hate voice chat, they started drama in 1.0 when 1.0 was real button spam, because they can no longer chat in /p while fighting mobs. The fact that FFXIV has no regional server so you have to play with ppl speaking different languages, means you can't design MMO as fast as other MMO where ppl more used to voice communicate in raids, cuz ppl need time to type stuff.

Then again, since higher lv GDC gets reduced, then the above positive reason's gone too.

2.5 sec GDC at start is clearly a design flaw that makes low lv experience much less enjoyable than it could have been. Some ppl may like this design, like how ppl still likes FFXI pt @75 cap, some ppl may hate 2.5 sec GDC and gtfo after 4hr of ARR, some ppl like me, may ask "WHY SE WHY" but continue anyways, that doesn't mean it's not a design flaw.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-09-04 08:46:43  
Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Bahamut.Lilsanchez said: »
Crafts do get kinda important. Each piece of gear becomes unusable when worn. Bound gear cant be sold. Makes crafting useful.
That doesn't make crafting useful at all. Binding made a few things worse, mostly those crafts that required you to have a base armor piece and then "Upgrade" it like Reinforced whatever Barbuts and stuff.

The issue is still that to many quests give you good enough armor to last you until AF, and they are all so easy to complete. From a DoW/DoM view, that is pretty awesome. You can make gear progress and get some Exp all at the same time.
For DoH and DoL, that isn't so awesome, as there is now much less demand for their products.
Siren.Novadragon said: »
Blacksmith/Armorer combo with a Miner. Don't have to buy anything doing that.

Mine Ores > Blacksmith make the nuggets > Armorer makes the ingot and armor.
My Miner is 50 and my Armorer is 47(or maybe it's 46) so I can easily gather all possible ore and make a huge chunk of the required metals.
But I can't make Electrum or Gold, which are used annoyingly often in most heavy armor.
I also can't make the higher tier cloth or wood or leather, so yeah, you still need to buy things off the market. And you can't just get the one item you need.
Not so much of an issue at like 20 or something, but it's rough for 45+ gear, especially considering you will most likely not make a profit off of what you sell.

Crafting just isn't in a great place at the moment, which sucks considering how much more fun the whole thing is now. I love that I can really control my HQ progress in a way, but to what end when the item doesn't sell for anymore than I actually put in to it?

Quests all over the world just give you to much access to decent gear and equipment. There's no market for DoH/DoL tools even now that their class quests give them the tools they need every 5 levels.

What you can craft low level (@ 20 right now) is far superior to things you receive from quests, especially weapons. Don't get me wrong, the raid gear is good also, but why not have both. Progress is progress in gear. Crafting is still useful for gear, especially for gathering classes.

The only kind of downside to the system is that you basically be a jack of all trades to get you anywhere decent, and that's both $$$ and time killing. I Can see the utility of crafting in the long run if you take the time to do it, but if you re just on a mission to rampage to endgame at 50, that's a whole different story.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-09-04 08:59:45  
i might need to take some advils after reading that dramatic wall-o-text, some people need to get laid
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-09-04 09:30:19  
How is the crafted gear made at lv.20 Armorer/Leather/Weaver superior to the gear you obtain from quests at the same level for DoW/DoM? It is the exact same armor, the only difference being potential HQ's which are sort of unlikely for anyone with just one DoH at 20ish.

I made the lv.20 Goatskin set for dungeons and capped class quests. Completing those class quests at 20 gave me the option to obtain the same armor I was wearing.
The same thing applies to weapons, your best option, until 30 of course, is just given to you for completing these quests. There are weapons in between these levels, but there's little reason to pay 10k for a weapon that will last you for less than an hour.

It's a little different for DoL/DoH armor, but you can sadly buy every single piece of crafted armor under lv.49 at an npc somewhere, and it is nearly always cheaper than actually crafting the item. Even if you farmed and made all the materials yourself, you'd be better of selling those mats to buy the item than actually crafting it. And of course class quests provide you with the option of one armor for DoH/DoL as well.
It does take some travel to possibly out of the way places, but even counting teleportation costs, it will most likely be cheaper.

It's pretty frustrating to even attempt to craft for an actual profit now and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I can see why they added these npcs and quests, as a lot of crafted gear just wasn't made in 1.0, but they really did screw over DoH with these changes.
I still enjoy crafting, but I do miss the days when there was a market for the items I could produce.
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-04 09:37:29  
Not sure if it has been stated here or not, but there is a thread specifically for Random Questions. If you have questions, you might try there.
By fonewear 2013-09-04 09:40:29  
Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
i might need to take some advils after reading that dramatic wall-o-text, some people need to get laid

Might as be written in Japanese cause no one is going to read it.
[+]
By Afania 2013-09-04 10:08:20  
fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Cledant said: »

Might as be written in Japanese cause no one is going to read it.

Sunglasses, do you need it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8