users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Question about Lunge setup
Question about Lunge setup
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2013-11-24 16:50:08  
So, here's the applicable pieces of my setup so far...

ItemSet 314635

For waist I'm typically using an obi (I have all 8). Clearly I want to replace the Teal Saio. :P My question is: with what? Does the Magic Damage on Weatherspoon work for Lunge? Also, any other suggestions?
By Xodia 2013-11-24 17:47:17  
[+]
By Xodia 2013-11-24 17:48:54  
oh and demon's rings from aby can get up to 3MAB aug on them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2013-11-24 17:52:03  
Yeah... I can't even bring myself to farm Dark Rings. I don't think I'll be getting Demon Rings. XD Now I just gotta find a Morgana's Cotegardie!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-12-02 14:18:18  
Kyrial, for your posted set Friomisi Earring would be the best bang for your buck upgrade. MAB+5 over Moldy, and the Enmity+2 is actually helpful for RUN if you're trying to hold hate.

Obviously Novio is also an earring upgrade (but a much more minor one, Frio+Novio only being MAB+1 over Frio+Hecate), and if you haven't looked lately it's a lot more affordable than ever due to the other BLM options now available. Not really unreasonable to skip it if you were thinking only about the tiny improvement to a Lunge set, but if you get some use for other jobs too (I already had one from my COR Quick Draw set), great.

Erlene's Notebook (from Battalia Meebles points) is another upgrade. Should get a lot easier to farm points with incoming lifted restrictions on # of people required to enter, though you'll need the tier clears to buy the respective items. Every Meebles zone is very easy with a whole party these days, and you can certainly manage with a less than 6/6 group too - though some rank 3 goals will be more difficult.

MAB+4 on body - either from Teal or Mirke Wardecors (which some people may already have from a COR Quick Draw body) - actually isn't bad. There are only a couple better options that are both rather difficult to get your hands on:
(1) Morgana's Cotehardie, pretty uncommon since the drop comes from a random chance at spawning Lambton Worm from a 24hr+ Sandworm world spawn.
(2) Tessera Saio, which is obviously a pain to get from the VW random number generator. And it only beats Teal by 1 MAB.