New 99 THF Gearing Options?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » new 99 THF gearing options?
new 99 THF gearing options?
 Ragnarok.Granis
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-12-09 20:07:20  
So I'm new to 99 THF stuff, I'm still trying to finish out my merits and all I have gearwise is the bayld armor (swapping out a few random pieces for TP like wearing a lol W. Turban and and swapping in bayld head and for WS) and I have a bunch of random cheap AH accessories (Dynamic and Chiner's belts, for TP and WS respecitively, Ghillie Earring, Keen Ring+Raja's, I desperately need a new neck, though.) and my daggers are crap like Aluh Jambiya in main and Onyos in offhand.

What would be a good starting point? is the Skirmish gear decent or would I have to try to get into Delve with WHM and hope I can plasm buy THF gear?
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-12-09 20:20:30  
Throw everything away and look at tomorrow's update notes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-12-09 20:21:36  
Skirmish gear is quite decent. Get all the Iuitl pieces, and the +1 Skirmish daggers (Lesilonu +1), toss a few augment stones at them, and you'll be doing respectably well.

Delve gets you some nice additional pieces, such as the Asperity Necklace; nice to get eventually, but nothing really crucial given where you're at now. You'd probably gain more from going to wildkeeper reives to get some of those loot drops (the shark, especially, for the dagger and headpiece options).
By Pantafernando 2013-12-09 20:26:04  
Iuitl with kaabnax trousers will provide you with high value of eva and magic eva, that are the highest stats of a thf, so your main niche. Ukuxkaj hat is real nice also. If you also dont have access to wk, full iuitl will give you the best in your current possibilities, including leisilonu +1. X2.
Try for atoyac in foret wildeskeeper, will beat any mainhand till mega boss dagger but izhiikoh you wont have access so easy as thf, so your whm is the gate for delve.
Plasm dont really wikl provide so much better stats than skirmish, also are way more expensive to be useful, aside that are a lot harder to get than skirmish, so feel free to skip it till you can understand better how delve works.
 Sylph.Malizia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-12-11 19:03:34  
The goal of the thief guide is to list sets (particularly at the OQ and NQ levels) that are useful for new THFs without requiring a lot of work. The guide is totally out of date though so unfortunately that's not very helpful right now :p

Like everyone else said, Skirmish armor is excellent and very obtainable; the bayld armor you have right now is a nice stepping stone to that. The armor you can pick up from doing Records of Eminence also looks useful, and it's designed to be obtained entirely solo.

For daggers, you can try Wildskeeper Reives and hope to get lucky, but bayld daggers (like camaraderie dagger) and the leisilonu +1 are excellent until you find something better - and way better than what you currently have. The eminent dagger is good too.

Honestly, the accessories don't matter much, and there isn't anything from new content that I can think of that's worthwhile unless you start Delve. Get a Twilight belt and/or a Nusku's sash, an Epona's ring, and a brutal earring. Not all of these are soloable but a 6-man should have zero trouble helping you out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-11 22:01:39  
All of them should be best in slot for SA Mercy other than hands even if you need attack.

They all should be best in slot for SA Rudra.
 Sylph.Malizia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-12-12 03:14:33  
Heck, I just realized that you can solo ilvl19 AF through intense Records of Eminence grinding, so they're totally within reach.
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-12-13 17:16:25  
I picked up 5/6 Iuitl on my latest Skirmish run, (missing head, but I bought an Espial Cap so whatever.) I got myself the Eminent Dagger/Forefront Dagger and am going to try and do some Wildskeeper Rieves on WHM (I hope gear drops aren't limited to the job you came on since it's a personal loot system. and my WHM is just way more useful to an average WKR party than my THF is now.) to try for the dagger off the shark.

Still struggling on the Accessory front, having a hard time actually buying ABCs and I don't know how hard it'd be to farm Limbus on my own with my THF's current setup. But I'll talk to my LS to at least try to get the Aby clears I am missing, and hopefully pick up an Epona's in the process. (Rani is a clear I need.) and hopefully go after Shinryu for Twilight Belt if I can get the rest of these damn Caturae dead. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few LSmates to help me low-man Divine Might (classic) for a Suppa as well. Still have zero ideas on backpiece, still only have my Vassal's Mantle.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-12-13 17:48:44  
I'm working on making a spellcast for some gear swaps, here's a rough idea.

TP:
Head: Espial head

Neck: Tiercel Necklace (I know, it's not very good, I'm gonna try to get enough assault points for a Chiv Chain at the bare minimum.)

Earrings: I just full time my my Drone and Phawalla earrings, mostly becase of the +evasion on Phawalla, but I need to get my Brutal and Suppa bad.

Body: Iuitl body (current augment is Dbl. Atk+1 and some PDT)

Hands: Iuitl hands (augmented with Attack +6 and PDT)

Ring 1: Raja's Ring

Ring 2: Keen Ring (I know, I need an Eponas.)

Back: Vassal's Mantle (Fulltiming mostly because I don't have a better TP cape and it does have +5 evasion.)

Waist: I'm fulltiming a Chiner's Belt right now for the +triple attack damage, I normally used this as a WS piece and used to use Dynamic Belt for TP, but after getting Iuitl gear I found myself over the haste cap.

Legs: Iuitl legs (augmented with Dbl. Attack+1 and some PDT)

Feet: Iuitl feet (augmented with Attack+7 and PDT)

for WS, all I have for swap is this:

Body: I want to try swapping in my Espial Gambison for this since it has more STR/DEX/AGI than my Iuitl body.

Legs: same reason for swapping in Espial legs.

Neck: Tlamiztli Collar

earrings: when I get brutal and/or suppa for TP, I plan on swapping in the Drone/Phiwalla for Exenterator, Gillie earrings for Evisceration.

Not sure on what other swaps I can do, Espial feet and hands are probably not worth it since Iuitl hands and feet have Attack augs.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
サーバ: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2013-12-13 18:49:29  
I'm just returning to this as well, and all of the SOA expansion is way over my head. I don't understand what half of these events are.

I've at least figured out that I can go smack a wall of roots for bayld. So I see where someone recommended the following bayld purchased daggers, Camaraderie Dagger and Leisilonu +1. However wiki, BG, DB, and GE don't list a single bit of info on how to get them. So I searched for bayld vendors and came up with Craggy Bluff who sells Forefront Dagger and Coalition Dirk. I guess my questions are, Where do I purchase the daggers you recommended? And how much bayld do they cost?

Thanks. Trying to read up on all of this content and gear is giving me a headache.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
サーバ: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2013-12-13 20:15:19  
awesome. thanks!!

Post deleted by User.
[+]