users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Spellcast integration with FFXIAH.com
Spellcast integration with FFXIAH.com
 Cerberus.Toknherb
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2013-12-12 12:53:40  
Hey guys, I would like to make a suggestion that i think will benefit a lot of players. This is an idea to more integrate spellcast into the ffxiah.com website. It will be mainly affecting the item sets page, and a players user page. My intent here is to give you guys my idea and get some feed back on if the community would use this or not. In my mind, i could save a lot of time modifying spellcast files if this is a possibility.

#1. My first suggestion is to just physically add the coding directly to each "items set" page, this will allow us to quickly just copy and paste the code into our spellcast XML. I have used the spellcast markup and made an example below. Pretty much we would just need some new tags added and a new text box to copy and paste it from. The language for spellcast goes the same with ffxiah already, so nothing would need changed in the way of how gear is spelled. (What i mean by this is that spellcast requires certain items to be typed in certain way, like the creed gauntlets +2. Spellcast requires this item to be "Crd. Gauntlets +2" which is already how ffxiah would output it into the current "macro's" copy and paste.) Every "set" for spellcast must start and end with "<set name="setname">" and "</set>" and each tag for each piece need to similarily open and close as seen below.

#2 My second suggestion is pretty much the same but differant. I don't know maybe you guys can even just make this a ffxiah.com premium thing or w/e. In any case, it would make life a whole lot easier. With the new guildwork plugin for windower, ffxiah.com will update your equipment on the player page as soon as you flush it in game (guildwork premium only, i believe.) This could potentially enable us to create our spellcast sets on the fly while changing just our gear in the game. With your help we wouldn't have to screw around typing each set anymore, we could just click a few buttons and copy and paste it in. Here is what i mean. As you can see in the first photo below, this is a pic of the members page, when you flush GW in game, it updates your equipment block there (where i highlighted in red) with all of your current gear you just flushed. What would be really awesome, is if that can be changed from the word "equipment" to a link that will take you to the "items sets" page, and insert all that data for you completely automated.

(The cut and dry is this.)
step 1. equip gear in game
step 2. flush with GW to ffxiah.com
step 3. goto my members page
step 4. click on new "equipment link" (circled in red, change that to a link to an item sets page)
step 5. be taken to "items set" page, with all the gear i just equipped being automatically put into a gearset
step 6. save a "set name" on the "items sets" page, and then copy and paste the code into spellcast XML
step 7. your done, change ur gear in the game again, and rinse and repeat.

The image here below just shows what would be ideal if you click ur link from the members page, it transfers all that into a new set, and spits out that set's new XML for spellcast.

I would just like to know if this is possible and also what the community would think. This would definitely help out a lot with new gears getting put into the game, managing your sets, etc.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-12-12 13:06:25  
Idea 2 would be awsome
 Siren.Instant
サーバ: Siren
user: Instant
By Siren.Instant 2013-12-12 17:37:43  
Check out the wiki on spellcast and you'll find this:

Check out my spellcast revamp suggestions thread on GW too.
As Scragg is now working on both FFXIAH & GW, it might be better to just combine all the suggestions there?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-12 18:05:31  
I know it's not what you want, but if you use notepad++ search/replace you can do:

-Click Regular Expressions

Search:
input /equip (.*) "(.*)";

Replace:
<\1>\2</\1>
 Cerberus.Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2013-12-12 18:19:57  
Siren.Instant said: »
Check out the wiki on spellcast and you'll find this:

Ty sir! That's very helpful. It would still be nice to have it here tho too. :P
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-20 12:02:32  
W00t!!!! I seen that the items set pages now contain spellcast information too. Thanks so much Scragg!! Looks perfect!!
 Cerberus.Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-20 12:03:36  
also just for anyone else who doesn't see it, it won't show up on the page you "edit" you actually have to click the URL for your specific set for the spellcast information to show up.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 12:16:27  
Cerberus.Toknherb said: »
W00t!!!! I seen that the items set pages now contain spellcast information too. Thanks so much Scragg!! Looks perfect!!

As great as this is, as spellcast is not intended to be worked on much (the idea being Gearswap is to replace it) due to low man power on the Windower team, this seems a little late, perhaps if this was written in the new lua format, it would be more useful.

Still though, always nice to see stuffs getting update.
 Cerberus.Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-20 12:21:16  
well actually, i have no idea how to use gearswap yet, and i do hang out on the irc and have heard them saying that. Conagh do you think it would be possible to post in here what the output would need to be for gearswap? I would also like to get into using that and have useful tools to help out. I'm still trying to pick apart your other gearswaps and use them (lol@me).
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 12:35:58  
Code
    sets.Idle.Standard = {ammo="Cheruski needle",
                          head="Oce. headpiece +1",neck="Twilight torque", ear1="Ethereal earring", ear2="Heartseeker earring",
                          body="Mavi Mintan +2",hands="Serpentes cuffs",ring1="Dark ring",ring2="Dark ring",
                          back="Atheling mantle",waist="Flume belt",legs="Blood cuisses",feet="Serpentes sabots"}

Having this for a set would be good, just an example for an Idle set or something but that's how a gearset is laid in Gearswap.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 12:42:51  
A WHM gearswap would be...

http://www.privatepaste.com/3091bc24bf

I won't explain how sets work as you probably get that much, the coding is fun and in ways superior to Spellcast ~
Code
function precast(spell,action)
	if spell.skill=='HealingMagic' then
		if T{"Cure","Cure II","Cure III","Cure IV","Cure V","Cure VI","Curaga","Curaga II","Curaga III","Curaga IV","Curaga V"}:contains(spell.name) and spell.casttime < 6 then
		cast_delay(0.1)
		equip(sets.precast_Cure)
		end
	elseif spell.skill=='ElementalMagic' and spell.casttime < 3 then
		cast_delay(0.1)
		equip(sets.midcast_ElementalMagic)
		if spell.element == 'Earth' then
			equip({neck="Quanpur Necklace"})
		end
		if spell.element == world.weather_element or spell_element == world.day_element and sets.Obi[spell.element] then
			equip(sets.Obi[spell.element])
		end
        end
end

This is similar to Spellcast, just laid out a little differently you can have multiple rules within Each spell ~

As you can see if checks your gear adds you primary set, and "is supposed" to add the Obi rule / gear set if it matches the day/weather

the part where it states

sets.Obi[spell.element]

Checks your sets.obi and checks for your spell element, and matches it to the corresponding set ~ So if you were casting Fire and

world.weather_element = Fire

You would equip the set
Code
sets.Obi.Fire = {waist='Karin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',lring='Zodiac Ring'}
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 12:48:49  
There's some more complex rules you could do like... rules within a rule ~
Code

--Earring Sets--                        
    sets.Earring = {}                        

sets.Earring.index ={'DualWield', 'MaxBuffs'}
	--1=Dual Wield, 2=MaxBufs' --
	Earring_ind = 1

sets.Earring.DualWield = {Ear1="Heartseeker Earring", Ear2="Dudgeon Earring"}

sets.Earring.MaxBuffs = {Ear1="Brutal Earring", Ear2="Suppanomimi"}

This creates a "Variable" you can add a code at the end to add a command to toggle this~

And you then did this...
Code
sets.TP.Standard = set_combine(sets.Earring[sets.Earring.index[Earring_ind]],{ammo="Cheruski needle",
                        head="Thurandaut chapeau +1",neck="Asperity necklace",
                        body="Thaumas coat",hands="Iuitl Wristbands",ring2="Epona's ring",ring1="Rajas ring",
                        back="Atheling mantle",waist="Twilight belt",legs="Iuitl tights",feet="Manibozho boots"})

This checks what your set it and what the variable rule is for the earrings and equips them ~

Now you can use this suppose you did the Index thing for a Base TP set - it uses a a Variable to assign tp/acc/dt and you have the earring rule within it...

Here's my full BLU one, its more for show than an actual used one, so I'm sure there are errors here and there but it's a useful example ~

http://www.privatepaste.com/b6e8e623c5
 Cerberus.Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-20 12:56:23  
Wow thank you!! This will be very useful for me.
 Cerberus.Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-20 13:02:54  
I see here in your code is where you reference the to toggle this, i'm sorry i don't understand can you please tell me actually in-game what do you do to toggle through the sets accordingly?

Code
function self_command(command)
    if command == 'toggle TP set' then
        TP_ind = TP_ind +1
        if TP_ind > #sets.TP.index then TP_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- TP Set changed to '..sets.TP.index[TP_ind]..' ----->')
        equip(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_ind]])

elseif command == 'toggle Earring set' then
        Earring_ind = Earring_ind +1
        if Earring_ind > #sets.Earring.index then Earring_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- Earring Set changed to '..sets.Earring.index[Earring_ind]..' ----->')
        equip(sets.Earring[sets.Earring.index[Earring_ind]])

elseif command == 'toggle Idle set' then
        Idle_ind = Idle_ind +1
        if Idle_ind > #sets.Idle.index then Idle_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- Idle Set changed to '..sets.Idle.index[Idle_ind]..' ----->')
        equip(sets.Idle[sets.Idle.index[Idle_ind]])
    elseif command == 'toggle Req set' then
        Requiescat_ind = Requiescat_ind +1
        if Requiescat_ind > #sets.Requiescat.index then Requiescat_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- Requiescat Set changed to '..sets.Requiescat.index[Requiescat_ind]..' ----->')
    elseif command == 'toggle CDC set' then
        ChantDuCygne_ind = ChantDuCygne_ind +1
        if ChantDuCygne_ind > #sets.ChantDuCygne.index then ChantDuCygne_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- Chant du Cygne Set changed to '..sets.ChantDuCygne.index[ChantDuCygne_ind]..' ----->')
    elseif command == 'equip TP set' then
        equip_TP_set()
    elseif command == 'equip Idle set' then
        equip_Idle_set()
    end
end
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 13:04:10  
Wow thank you!! This will be very useful for me.

Anytime! Hopefully it will encourage people to use Gearswap :3
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 13:05:41  
Code
function self_command(command)
    if command == 'toggle TP set' then
        TP_ind = TP_ind +1
        if TP_ind > #sets.TP.index then TP_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- TP Set changed to '..sets.TP.index[TP_ind]..' ----->')
        equip(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_ind]])

elseif command == 'toggle Earring set' then
        Earring_ind = Earring_ind +1
        if Earring_ind > #sets.Earring.index then Earring_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- Earring Set changed to '..sets.Earring.index[Earring_ind]..' ----->')
        equip(sets.Earring[sets.Earring.index[Earring_ind]])

Toggle would be

//gs c toggle Earring set
In a Macro
/console gs c toggle Earring set
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 13:07:12  

This checks the gearset you are toggling to so ~

Dual Wield ~

the Echo command would be
<----- Earring Set changed to 'Earring.Dualwield' ----->')
 Cerberus.Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-20 13:08:03  
sweet, so it's literally just whatever you names it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 13:08:31  
I see here in your code is where you reference the to toggle this, i'm sorry i don't understand can you please tell me actually in-game what do you do to toggle through the sets accordingly?

I'm happy to discuss it on Say the IRC or even on Ventrilo but I wont type ***about 3rd party tools in game :3

Call me paranoid
 Cerberus.Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-20 13:09:43  
no no i mean exactly how you answered me, i just wanted to know what the macro would be to toggle through them, like what I would have to type ingame to toggle. You answered exactly fine for me.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 13:11:57  
no no i mean exactly how you answered me, i just wanted to know what the macro would be to toggle through them, like what I would have to type ingame to toggle. You answered exactly fine for me.

Np the full list of toggles is on the bottom of the SC (that's how I lay mine out) but to be honest I got alot of these ideas from Prothescars GS I just don't like having an Arbitrary value ~ March ~ being the deciding factor in my sets, how could you know if you're capped Haste or if it's a gimp BRD with no March + gear..

Hence I added the earring rule ~ It allowed me to compensate for this.
 Cerberus.Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-20 13:14:00  
speaking of gimp bards, reply my post on guild forum -.0
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 13:21:14  
speaking of gimp bards, reply my post on guild forum -.0

Ok read it ~

The way Gearswap works is simple enough ~

It is still affected by lag, so bear this in mind, but built into the game is a system that works as a "check" to see if you equipped some gear that you macrod ~ If you sent say Nares Trews > something > Nares Trews it wouldn't equip the Nares trews again because the check would say "they're still on" this is due to the checks delay.

Gearswap has removed the check so it just sends the Packets (Injects them) to force swaps faster, it is somewhat faster and uses packets to work out your fastcast and cast time.

it can also equip your "mid cast" set if you get an instant spell proc, whereas spellcast can not and would just use your "precast" set.