Image never loaded.

My bad.

haha
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-25 03:11:14  
I don't get it. If your PT members are dead and you're still alive, you should easily be able to win the parse regardless, right?
 Siren.Attaxia
サーバ: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-12-25 04:10:27  
Except not if you healed them.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2013-12-25 04:15:13  
it's a dilemma for all Whms. Can you win the parse before you become the last snack?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-12-25 06:31:12  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
fastcast should work likes this too are you sure its perfect percentages ?

Yes. It's been tested extensively, and it's impossible for it to not be a perfect /100 value (or close enough to be indistinguishable, and most definitely -not- /1024, /2048, or /4096).

Note that your hypothesis on which systems would use exact values vs which use fractions doesn't work here, as both fast cast and haste apply to spell recast times, but it can be shown that one is /1024 while the other is /100.
[+]
By Ehleni 2013-12-26 14:28:13  
Wow this thread have started to spin in a totally different direction haha. Thanks for all the help I've gotten in this thread!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-12-29 18:38:20  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
fastcast should work likes this too are you sure its perfect percentages ?

Yes. It's been tested extensively, and it's impossible for it to not be a perfect /100 value (or close enough to be indistinguishable, and most definitely -not- /1024, /2048, or /4096).

Note that your hypothesis on which systems would use exact values vs which use fractions doesn't work here, as both fast cast and haste apply to spell recast times, but it can be shown that one is /1024 while the other is /100.

well its the programmers choice when to do proper division and when to reduce accuracy for saving system resources and just use bit-shifts instead.
im guessing they estimated haste is more used than other effect (like cure potency) and only speed optimized the routines that would have the biggest effect on cpu resources

its a common dilemma in data compression. and even sometimes the speed gain for worsening the accuracy/performance can lead to headroom for other improvement so the end results is both better and faster.

just some quickly done benchmarks in java
Division with 2 = 1,954,837 op/s
Bit shifft = 6,546,110 op/s
multiply 0.5 = 2,146,844 op/s

bit shift are more than 3 times as fast and both division with 2 or multiplying with 0.5, thats alot of cpu time to save.

opps post got way to long. Sorry for derailing
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-12-29 19:32:43  
Very interesting derail, Gaiarorshack. Thank you. ^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [261 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Josafath
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Josa
By Cerberus.Josafath 2014-09-16 10:54:46  
Asura.Aikchan said: »
It is possible to make a set w/ 50% cure pot and -60-75%(depending on body)cure casting

and @Onorgut so you manually change your gear before casting any spell? coz even SE Macros do that If know how to...

how would this set you mention would look like?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-16 11:25:45  
Cerberus.Josafath said: »
Asura.Aikchan said: »
It is possible to make a set w/ 50% cure pot and -60-75%(depending on body)cure casting

and @Onorgut so you manually change your gear before casting any spell? coz even SE Macros do that If know how to...

how would this set you mention would look like?

ItemSet 325260

This set here has +50% Cure potency, -80% Cure casting Time, -50 Enmity, and 497 Healing Magic in 1 gear set assuming you have 5/5 Cure cast merits, 5/5 -Enmity merits, and 8/8 Healing Magic merits.
Tamaxchi also has the -10 enmity augment.

But this set was built before the WoE update.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-16 11:48:40  
It was built assuming /sch since Light Arts breaks the caps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-16 12:13:50  
ItemSet 328438

Threw this together just now, with some new WoE gear, it has +50% Cure potency, -81% Cure casting Time, -52 Enmity, and 507 Healing Magic, allowing for capped Tranquil Heart as well, assuming all the relevant merits posted above.

If you don't feel good about using acerbic sash +1 you can swap it out for witful belt and trade the beatific earring up for novia earring and still keep the -enmity cap but you will only be -76% Casting time.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:28:05  
Well I at least have 2 pieces of that set...

gear needs so much work
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2014-09-16 12:41:04  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
ItemSet 328438

Threw this together just now, with some new WoE gear, it has +50% Cure potency, -81% Cure casting Time, -52 Enmity, and 507 Healing Magic, allowing for capped Tranquil Heart as well, assuming all the relevant merits posted above.

If you don't feel good about using acerbic sash +1 you can swap it out for witful belt and trade the beatific earring up for novia earring and still keep the -enmity cap but you will only be -76% Casting time.

Way to much Cure Pot in that set,
And Cure casting time as well (Needs to be shifted to pre cure)
Better neck would be Colossus torque, and better club would be Tefnut wand (Although I don't personally use, it's a better option than Tamaxchi) due to the healing magic skill on it, if aiming for more healing magic.
I would only land my curaga's with that sash, and use it in pre cure, and get the mending cape with healing magic skill over the Tempered cape +1 (can get +10 magic skill)
Personally would land in Theo cap as well, higher MND (by one) In standard cures as well.
I would use Litany clogs in pre cure / Cure clogs as pre cure instead, and land in the Piety Duckbills +1. Higher MND. And I'd also use the Genbu's shield as well in a cure set.
I'd also swap out the Roundal to Novia earring when landing cure.

In Curaga, I would land in the Acer sash +1 Peity hat and Novia earring.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-16 12:48:18  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
ItemSet 328438

Way to much Cure Pot in that set,
And Cure casting time as well (Needs to be shifted to pre cure)
Better neck would be Colossus torque, and better club would be Tefnut wand (Although I don't personally use, it's a better option than Tamaxchi) due to the healing magic skill on it, if aiming for more healing magic.
I would only land my curaga's with that sash, and use it in pre cure, and get the mending cape with healing magic skill over the Tempered cape +1 (can get +10 magic skill)
Personally would land in Theo cap as well, higher MND (by one) In standard cures as well.
I would use Litany clogs in pre cure / Cure clogs as pre cure instead, and land in the Piety Duckbills +1. Higher MND. And I'd also use the Genbu's shield as well in a cure set.
I'd also swap out the Roundal to Novia earring when landing cure.

In Curaga, I would land in the Acer sash +1 Peity hat and Novia earring.

Two things:

First of all, if you had read the original Necro Bump, this is not a Gearswap set, this is a a set you can achieve all statistics capped with one set for people that don't use gearswap.

Second, explain to me how 50% Cure potency is "way too much"?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2014-09-17 01:11:57  
I don't use Gear swap (Very nifty with scripts)
and snap Cure casting time**
My bad.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-17 09:44:14  
Jetackuu said: »
Well I at least have 2 pieces of that set...

gear needs so much work

I myself am still missing 3 pieces of the V2 set, of those the sifahir slacks are probably the most annoying piece, just because no one ever wants to do Puppets in Peril, and the ones that do join, like 5/6 people are usually on the Slacks. -_-;

Post deleted by User.