フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Manibozho Jerking v Anch. Cyclas +1
Manibozho Jerking v Anch. Cyclas +1
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Dwb
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Dwb 2013-12-30 18:18:46  
Hey guys,

I tried putting the numbers in a spreadsheet but still on the fence.

For victory smite, and im just looking for a "in general", not a "When attack is capped and the mobs facing east on iceday while the jeuno airship is docked" kinda thing.. just a basic answer :D

Thanks guys!
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-30 18:43:03  
[+]
 Leviathan.Dwb
By Leviathan.Dwb 2013-12-30 18:47:31  
Thanks for being useful.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-30 18:52:22  
"The math says it varies based on situations. Please give me an answer other than it varies based on situations."

What are you expecting?

Quote:
User: dumbwhiteboy

Thread done.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dwb
By Leviathan.Dwb 2013-12-30 18:58:26  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
"The math says it varies based on situations. Please give me an answer other than it varies based on situations."

What are you expecting?

Quote:
User: dumbwhiteboy

Thread done.

I am (was) expecting "opinions" but it seems it's hard for you to get out of the *** head mentality from taking too many.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-30 19:01:04  
ok gl with the opinions
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-30 19:06:46  
if you don't care about using the piece that's better for the situation then just wear whatever you prefer looking at.

why even bother asking?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2013-12-30 19:08:58  
my opinions = mostly faulty

Manibozho for when I need accuracy and cyclas for everything else.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dwb
By Leviathan.Dwb 2013-12-30 19:12:39  
Thanks Andret, didnt think seeing what others thought would be so hard.

I am trying to see if the extra DEX for crits is worth losing the attack.
 Asura.Emoneaone
サーバ: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2013-12-30 19:15:51  
Looking them both over, using a 15/15 Mani, path A, I'd have to go with the Anchorite in general. More STR, far more Def. Your main loss is the 17 accuracy and 32 attack, which is only slightly offset by the boosted STR and DEX.

I can understand your wanting a simple answer, as usually it's as you pointed out, "... Ice day, facing NW, wind from the east at 15 knots..."

Just ignore the elitest snobs we get on these forums. Since IRL they are unimportant slugs with no real life, they have to come across as if they are high and mighty here, where no one can reach out and slap them.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-12-30 19:17:49  
Imo, victory smite is affected by att, str and pieces that boost crit rate or dmg, or tp bonus, or double/triple/quad to get one extra hit in ws.
Those 3 last dont appear in any of those 2, so youre comparing manibozho (27 att) x anchoret (3 str). If youre attack capped, 27 and zero means the same thing, so str could be more useful. If not, i would stick with att. At least the amount is much high and normally modifier = att in relevance to final dmg.
Though i dont know how the extra dex affect victory. That math, considering crits mean and average number due to random chance of procing a crit, but thats too much for my little knowledge.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dwb
By Leviathan.Dwb 2013-12-30 19:19:01  
Asura.Emoneaone said: »
Looking them both over, using a 15/15 Mani, path A, I'd have to go with the Anchorite in general. More STR, far more Def. Your main loss is the 17 accuracy and 32 attack, which is only slightly offset by the boosted STR and DEX.

I can understand your wanting a simple answer, as usually it's as you pointed out, "... Ice day, facing NW, wind from the east at 15 knots..."

Just ignore the elitest snobs we get on these forums. Since IRL they are unimportant slugs with no real life, they have to come across as if they are high and mighty here, where no one can reach out and slap them.

Updated my SC with the Anch but waiting for my internet to be more stable to go try it out. Thanks for having a real answer.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-12-30 19:20:45  
please post results
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-30 19:35:04  
Looking over them both and ignoring the fact that concrete mathematical results exist (which you explored and ignored), I offer you my opinion.

I can understand your aversion to basic mathematics and logic, because I too cannot manage simple algebra.

Join with me as I call those who can do math and point out obvious facts elitists ***.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-12-30 19:49:17  
I prefer wearing scorpion harness, +1 if you have the gil. Sure, you don't get all of the STR and AGI and CHR that you would from anchorite or manibozho, however you do get water resistance. Because MNK is a water based job, you get a direct 15% bonus to damage by adding 15 water resistance, which is pretty much better than anything else so far.

hope this helps.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-30 19:50:03  

Hey man, that's like your imo.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-30 19:55:20  
Mathematics aside, here's an opinion.

Most stats in FFXI work, as far as considerations go, bimodally in that you should either consider yourself capped by default, or you should consider that you might cap by the time you have stacked the stat enough to reach the nearest quasar.

Unless you know the stats of the target you are facing to some reasonable precision, assuming you are capped on attack, for example, will more often than not work against you than it will work in your favor and assuming that you are hitting the dDEX sweet spot will almost always work against you.

If you're on the other end of the spectrum there isn't much to talk about because you're facing fodder level content that's going to drop dead anyway.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shinjiro
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Talena
By Bahamut.Shinjiro 2013-12-30 20:10:21  
jerking
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2013-12-30 20:12:10  
Again, this is purely opinions and any relations with actual facts/maths/directions are purely coincidental.

With ilevel gear there are only 2 stats that really matter on Smite Crits and Acc. Keep adding acc until you have enough of it then add Crits then everything else. If you have enough of both then you aren't that far behind from the 'best' setup. If you keep min-maxing stuff then your brain will blow up.
 Cerberus.Dakrone
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Dakrone 2013-12-30 20:48:48  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I prefer wearing scorpion harness, +1 if you have the gil. Sure, you don't get all of the STR and AGI and CHR that you would from anchorite or manibozho, however you do get water resistance. Because MNK is a water based job, you get a direct 15% bonus to damage by adding 15 water resistance, which is pretty much better than anything else so far.

hope this helps.

If thats the case wouldnt putting up barwater and a str piece boddy a better option?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-12-30 20:51:43  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

hope this helps.
only chi blast is water based noob
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-30 20:55:36  
MNK is a fire-based job.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2013-12-30 21:04:21  
i'd think monks be lightning based~

cuz you know...when you use boost. the rocks float around you are all lightning-ish
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-12-30 21:34:40  
Threads like this make me miss FFXI;

I'm not sure about current gear options, but Usukane Haramaki was petty OP in my day. My manikin was pretty happy with its Togi+1 though.

I'd recommend one of those. Make sure you use boost to increase your damage.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2