Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 68 69 70
 Bismarck.Nariont
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-06-21 05:59:33  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/351957

This is what i currently use for solo tp. Only time i ever have problems keeping up is when i lose haste buffs, capes pet haste and hercs the typical acc/atk/ta

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-06-21 10:48:43  
Following on from my RUN and GEO guides I'm beginning working on a PUP guide to put on YouTube.

My guides have a 'tips, tricks and tactics' section so what would you say the key things new players to PUP absolutely need to know? I've got these in mind so far.

The importance of the 100 and 1200 Elemental Capacity gifts.
Dawn Mulsums.
Hybrid TP set.
Automaton Magic Accuracy.
Issuing commands from a distance.
Curing on PUP.
 Bismarck.Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-06-21 10:57:49  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Bismarck.Nariont said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/351957

This is what i currently use for solo tp. Only time i ever have problems keeping up is when i lose haste buffs, capes pet haste and hercs the typical acc/atk/ta
Losing 6% Triple attack on the waste makes me feel so very sad though ;_;. Technically you could get 4% Triple from perfect herc aug + 2% native on the boots but that can be a bit steep. Also considering accuracy you would probably want not only perfect triple but 30+ Accuracy... I like the idea of the tali'ah boots giving you that native master/pet acc and room to get triple on the moonbow waist.

Again thats mostly solo, mostly meant to allow me to 5 step light with ranged, ive fiddled around and tried dropping some haste pieces in exchange for more master oriented gear and have it work out fine, again only thing that ever ruins it is brds dropping march/losing haste2. As for herc its really not too bad to get 3~4 ta with high acc or acc/atk. Im having far more trouble getting pet ws augs

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-06-21 11:14:14  
At work so attachment list is sll from memory but i do rng/rng

Inhib2, speedloader1/2, attuner, both coilers, turbo chargers and optic fibers, target marker depending on camp/food. Sc orders typically shijin > ap > vs > as > vs. With stp and coilers puppet is usually never at an issue with tp gain that losing a bit of haste will break the sc.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-21 11:44:42  
Depends on the distance you deploy at. If you deploy with your auto from farther than 15' it will run in. Also if you deploy after it's standing on the mob or you deploy before engaging doesn't really matter unless something pulls the mob away
 Bahamut.Samunai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-06-21 12:30:48  
clearlyamule said: »
Depends on the distance you deploy at. If you deploy with your auto from farther than 15' it will run in. Also if you deploy after it's standing on the mob or you deploy before engaging doesn't really matter unless something pulls the mob away

you know there are 2 animators right? normal and 'II', the 'II' is for ranged pets and dont make them run in like they used to.

but if you dont have this luxury (they are BCNM drops or Su1/Su2), if you (as master) walk from 10' out (not too far ofc) and deploy, it will stay where it is (usually... takes some practice but i used to do this when i used my ranged pets, whm etc). if your pet goes any further bc lag made your deploy activate late or w/e reason, any pet will still run in.

have a tank trust: run in an hit it 1x and let tank ...tank, run abit out and make your pet be a nice distance and make sure IT MOVES while you deploy it so it stays there.

practice makes perfect~ or just get su1 asap xD
By clearlyamule 2017-06-21 12:57:35  
Bahamut.Samunai said: »
clearlyamule said: »

you know there are 2 animators right? normal and 'II', the 'II' is for ranged pets and dont make them run in like they used to.

but if you dont have this luxury (they are BCNM drops or Su1/Su2), if you (as master) walk from 10' out (not too far ofc) and deploy, it will stay where it is (usually... takes some practice but i used to do this when i used my ranged pets, whm etc). if your pet goes any further bc lag made your deploy activate late or w/e reason, any pet will still run in.

have a tank trust: run in an hit it 1x and let tank ...tank, run abit out and make your pet be a nice distance and make sure IT MOVES while you deploy it so it stays there.

practice makes perfect~ or just get su1 asap xD
You do know I was responding to a guy asking about making it run in not stopping it from doing it right?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-06-21 13:18:37  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Bismarck.Nariont said: »
At work so attachment list is sll from memory but i do rng/rng

Inhib2, speedloader1/2, attuner, both coilers, turbo chargers and optic fibers, target marker depending on camp/food. Sc orders typically shijin > ap > vs > as > vs. With stp and coilers puppet is usually never at an issue with tp gain that losing a bit of haste will break the sc.
Thank you, curious if you use any of the ranger specific attachments like drum magazine/barrage turbine/repeater. No rush, just let me know when you have a second to look at attachments. I'm a bit amazed that your pet can keep up tp with you just using ranged attacks. Unless im wrong you need the VE head to force the puppet to be actively seeking melee combat with your target unless you do the engage/retrieve at melee range strat.

Obviously it melees with me, i tried using repeater with mixed results. As stated above its not that big a hassle to just deploy near the mob once hates established, and unless im mistaken the capacity/melee acc between the 2 are similar while it ups its ranged dmg a bit. But yeah it keeps up just fine, biggest problems come from trust ws, the occasional missed ws, or it deciding to range atk rather than ws and missing its window.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-22 22:20:25  
Decided to go play around with some daggers.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Went okay. If you had 2x PUP with Daggers, you could fuggin' destroy these bats for CP. Accuracy was 1127 before food. Viper Bite does some pretty ncie damage when a multi-attack procs and can do more damage than Victory Smite. I was hitting 10-11k Viper Bites.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-06-22 22:27:43  
viper bite doesn't scale with tp
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-22 22:39:47  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
viper bite doesn't scale with tp

I assume this is correct. I just noticed that Viper Bite was doing around 7000 more damage at 3k TP. I just assumed it was scaling, but now that I think about it, perhaps it's just triple attack going off. My parse was fairly limited.

Edit: I relogged in to look over it again. Yeah, it's just multiattacks going off. It's such a huge difference that I hadn't considered it.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-06-22 22:46:21  
the bats also give attack down so could have also been a factor at times too.

lower fTP makes the MAs look like larger increases.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-23 02:14:00  
The real answer is to use club and spam judgment all day everyday
By Ruaumoko 2017-06-23 07:02:41  
How sad is it when daggers out-do h2h for PUP...

Fix this ***SE, seriously.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-06-23 07:32:33  
Oh, and as for melee sets.

ItemSet 347581
I think this is a bit low on Store TP but since I usually roll with a COR it's not too much of an issue.

ItemSet 336531
Capped on Pet: Haste (+25%) without giving up too much. Lets me keep Godhands in my main.

Sod it, while I'm at it.

ItemSet 351964
Automaton Nuke, JSE Mantle has Pet: Magic Acc+30.
Entire set is packing +284 Pet: Magic Acc. You can add another +70 for +354 with the Marine Stewpot. Pretty much don't need Tranquilizers in your setup with this.

ItemSet 350509
Valoredge / Sharpshot TP/WS.
All Herculean pieces have high Acc, R.Acc and Store TP.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-23 12:25:06  
Ryuo Tekko? Really? Is it performing better than other options for you? Assuming path D right?

You sure that's performing better than Herc with 4% TA, 25+acc and whatnot?
By Ruaumoko 2017-06-25 17:21:24  
I want to make sure I get this right for the guide I am making. A few questions I need to ask, and I'll be sure to credit everyone accordingly!

1. Optic Fiber I & II + Turbo Charger II
Am I right in assuming that with x1 Light active I do not even need x1 Wind active to cap Automaton magic Haste? Do I need to use both Turbo Chargers or do I need to use x1 Wind x1 Light? I've been using both Turbo Chargers but I'd like to present concrete math so I don't mislead people.

Turbo Charger x1 Wind = 15% Haste
Turbo Charger II x1 Wind: 17% Haste
Optic Fiber I & II x1 Light = +50% Effect
Turbo Chargers give +48% Magic Haste?

Did I get that completely wrong? This is why I need to make sure!

2. Can I have a recap of the -DT% and/or -MDT% values for the respective frames?

Ta'
 Bismarck.Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-06-25 18:36:37  
Ruaumoko said: »
Am I right in assuming that with x1 Light active I do not even need x1 Wind active to cap Automaton magic Haste? Do I need to use both Turbo Chargers or do I need to use x1 Wind x1 Light? I've been using both Turbo Chargers but I'd like to present concrete math so I don't mislead people.

unless im miscounting youd need both x1 light/wind to cap magic haste with both fibers and chargers, even with 2 chargers and fiber 2 you're 7~% haste short i think.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-25 20:41:56  

Turbo Charger x1 Wind = 15% Haste
Turbo Charger II x1 Wind: 17% Haste
Optic Fiber I & II x1 Light = +50% Effect
Turbo Chargers give +48% Magic Haste?

Did I get that completely wrong? This is why I need to make sure!

Without a wind maneuver, TC 1+2 and a single light maneuver will give you 18% haste.

Wind+Light will give you 48%, but magical haste caps at 43.75% so you're over cap.

IF you are using Overdrive, you only need 18.75% haste. A light maneuver will give you 21%, so you're good.
 Asura.Psylo
サーバ: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-06-26 01:33:56  
2. Can I have a recap of the -DT% and/or -MDT% values for the respective frames?

Pet have initial 50 PDT. (if i'm right for PUP since wyvern have only 40%)

VE head add 12.5 DT

And PUP have the trait : Stout Servant who add 9% more DT.

And for the WHM head, i don't find the info but i guess its 12.5 BDT.
 Midgardsormr.Blackbird
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Blackbird
By Midgardsormr.Blackbird 2017-06-26 09:17:16  
I just came back to the game after 5 years and was working on getting PUP to 99 since it was my favorite job to play in the past.

I am kinda lost however on what gear/attachments I should be using BEFORE 99. I am currently 67 with dancer sub and seems everything is written from a higher level POV and it's hard to tell what would be most helpful while leveling. I feel like I am doing ok and can xp fairly well with my automaton doing most of the damage and myself just skill chaining with it.

I am using the following Automaton setup:

SS Head and Frame
Optic Fiber, Auto Repair Kit III, Drum Magazine, Speedloader I and II, Turbo Charger I and II, Inhibitor II, Attuner, and a few others that I can't think of that increase accuracy.

Any advice, tips, and help would be greatly appreciated.
 Bismarck.Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-06-26 10:18:53  
main reason for that is getting to 99 is really quick but for just a basic kit its attuner/target marker, turbo chargers, optic fibers, repair kit inhib/speedloader if you want then your highest tension spring.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-06-26 11:20:53  
Asura.Psylo said: »

Pet have initial 50 PDT. (if i'm right for PUP since wyvern have only 40%)

VE head add 12.5 DT

And PUP have the trait : Stout Servant who add 9% more DT.

And for the WHM head, i don't find the info but i guess its 12.5 BDT.

Sure about this? Last I checked, autos have no initial PDT/MDT except from frame and stout servant. Head isn't relevant.
Pretty sure the values by frame are:
VE: -12.5% DT
SS: -12.5% DT
Harlequin: -6.25% DT
Stormwalker: -25% MDT/BDT
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-26 12:27:10  
Midgardsormr.Blackbird said: »
I just came back to the game after 5 years and was working on getting PUP to 99 since it was my favorite job to play in the past.

I am kinda lost however on what gear/attachments I should be using BEFORE 99. I am currently 67 with dancer sub and seems everything is written from a higher level POV and it's hard to tell what would be most helpful while leveling. I feel like I am doing ok and can xp fairly well with my automaton doing most of the damage and myself just skill chaining with it.

I am using the following Automaton setup:

SS Head and Frame
Optic Fiber, Auto Repair Kit III, Drum Magazine, Speedloader I and II, Turbo Charger I and II, Inhibitor II, Attuner, and a few others that I can't think of that increase accuracy.

Any advice, tips, and help would be greatly appreciated.
Until 75+ and 99 (sparks gear) You are mostly reliant upon af1, do that quest get 5/5 (hands most important but all worth having)
Stick with Book/Page fighting if you dont want to leech to 99, Can use Tank or Rng frame for solo with trust until can finish RoV(missions) where you can call out 5 trust.
Sparks can supply you with gear and AH for rest if you do not have a crafting buddy or do it yourself.
Know what you are fighting and setup for that, every 3~5 levels move on to a new mob/area and hope you have exp rings to speed it up.
Can do escha Z, find what checkes as EP~DC to you and get mollifier from NPC at entrance until you cap out and move Up the tier as you go.
Not sure what you can use on auto for the selection is larger than once was so more points per category for high end and I forget low end, may suggest go back to old ffxicolpedia and check out their "How too" guides people put time to make.
Best of luck!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 68 69 70