Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » New Arch Angel Fights
New Arch Angel Fights
By Fafnir 2014-01-13 15:06:46  
Sylph.Peldin said: »
Corrected some stuff, added some stuff, and made some other random edits to the OP. I also bolded some things that need verification.

Personally, I'm still dubious about Scherzo vs Arrogance Incarnate. I've had Scherzo on my PLD tank and watched him still take 1.8k damage. Also, the move seems to do more damage when EV gets lower. I want to say around 25-30% hp or so, it's like PLD goes from taking 900-1000ish to almost double that. Getting hit for 1.8k when PLD has about 2k total hp? Scherzo should definitely be kicking in. Or maybe it is kicking in, but the damage is being ramped up more than I thought and EA is also necessary to stack with it. I dunno. I'm at work so I can't do the exact math (not sure what skill my gear puts me at), but my Scherzo should be around 45% damage reduction. Given a PLD at 2000 hp, any single hit over 1500 should trigger Scherzo. And it would have to hit for almost 4k in order to KO with Scherzo on.

To anyone playing PLD, have you seen Scherzo and/or EA get taken off after Arrogance Incarnate was used? Or do you know other abilities that reduce it's damage?

I assume you mean Dominion Slash's dispel effect?
I personally have not seen Scherzo get dispelled. I can't speak for EA.

AI is almost certainly a breath-damage attack with either no-elemental or light-elemental properties, which scherzo will reduce. What I would think is happening in the situations I've seen large spikes is that Scherzo isn't procing because the damage has not exceeded 75% HP. Keep in mind that scherzo checks for damage after any -DT, assuming a fulltime DT/BDT mix for this fight, and a max HP of around 2200, there are times when you're unlucky enough to mitigate just enough damage from gear to prevent scherzo's additional reductions.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2014-01-13 15:06:54  
pchan said: »
Successfully did HM, very hard, WHMx2 BRDx2 MNK/BLUx2, totally relevant to the thread.

MNKs are both fulltming (no gear swap during WS)

(Spharai afterglow 119 // verethragna afterglow 119) x x honed tathlum
lithelimb cap, twilight torque, heartseeker, steelflash
otronif, otronif, defending rng, patricius ring
mollusca mantle, BB, otronif, otronif

all otronif augmented with pdt/acc nearly perfectly

both WHM are average
both BRDs have GH+DDB 99+ one has carwenhan (SV march, minuetx2, madrigalx2, non sv'ed minnex4)

~15 minutes.
what's with all the defense. thought that sucked.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-01-13 15:37:47  
on /blu is the self hasting, +50% Defense and stoneskin helping that much?
 Bismarck.Jnc
サーバ: Bismarck
user: jnc312
By Bismarck.Jnc 2014-01-13 17:37:22  
Arch Angel HM:
- Uses Mijin Gakure once at low % - high aoe damage
- Uses Brazen Rush - gives him 100% double attack rate
- Casts Utsusemi: Ni and San - multiple shadows
- Uses Circle Blade - aoe physical weaponskill
- Uses CDC - 3-hit, single target (pretty sure he can use this empyrean weaponskill above 25% need verification)

I've personally never seen it used above 25%, out of maybe 15~ kills.

Arch Angel EV:
- Uses Benediction (usually around 50% but can vary)
- Can use Invincible at random times (only once I think, need verification)
- Uses Shield Strike often - conal stun, low damage
- Uses Dominion Slash - target-centered aoe + silence + possible dispel?, absorbed by shadows - additional effects don't always hit
- Uses CDC under 25% - 3hit, single target (need verification on under 25% only)

- Casts Protect, Shell, Haste, and Aquaveil on herself. All can be dispelled
- Casts Diaga
- Arrogance Incarnate - aoe, damage divided between players hit (like 1k needles). Reduced with -DT, -Breath DT, Migawari, Scherzo (need verification on these. I want to say Scherzo doesn't work. Also need to know what else can mitigate it)

Dominion Slash does dispel.
Never seen CdC over 25%, like empy WS on all other AAs
Did EV with SMN + BRD once for EA + Scherzo, took 150~ DMG from Arrogance, as EA only reduces by 45%, Scherzo does affect DMG taken from Arrogance as well. (Without EA, I take 1300~ in DT- gear and Scherzo)
 Sylph.Peldin
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-14 08:05:09  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
on /blu is the self hasting, +50% Defense and stoneskin helping that much?
* /blu isn't going to self haste. Refueling is only 10% where Haste is 15%
* metallic body cast time is 7 seconds base. Not really worth casting mid-fight
* useful job traits for /blu are defense bonus (+10 defense) and attack bonus (+10 attack). can also set auto regen for 1hp per tick

Cocoon (50% defense bonus) could be really beneficial. Also setting a quick aoe spell, (Battle Dance/Claw Cyclone/Grand Slam), is nice for wiping his shadows.

Not sure what you would do about MP though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [134 days between previous and next post]
By Chyula 2014-05-28 11:02:27  
I really don't see a point for everyone blowing their head out to fight D or VD when you just have to bring a THF for good drop rate on normal. the past 7 or 8 runs I did on normal with a THF, 7/8 times I get 1 or 2 items drop and its a cake walk. As long you have a pld with decent amount of -dt and -pdt hybrid set, you'll laugh at all the 0 damage. I did all the AA fight without szchro whatever the song called, only problem you'll have in normal is AA EV's WS move but with decent amount of -dt and -bdt you should be able to laugh at it. I know some does D/VD for a challenge but if you can't handle it just grind out normal.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-05-28 11:08:45  
Chyula said: »
I really don't see a point for everyone blowing their head out to fight D or VD when you just have to bring a THF for good drop rate on normal. the past 7 or 8 runs I did on normal with a THF, 7/8 times I get 1 or 2 items drop and its a cake walk. As long you have a pld with decent amount of -dt and -pdt hybrid set, you'll laugh at all the 0 damage. I did all the AA fight without szchro whatever the song called, only problem you'll have in normal is AA EV's WS move but with decent amount of -dt and -bdt you should be able to laugh at it. I know some does D/VD for a challenge but if you can't handle it just grind out normal.
VD yields boxes in your personal pool. With the current state of the game and if you just want seals, better just to do normal. I usually do not do pick-ups because the person shouting usually locks out one item for him/herself. The second reason some players have spent little time gearing their DD sets and can't hit the mob.
By Sieha1 2014-05-28 11:09:37  
So... let me get this straight. you suck so you do normal and get maybe 1 item every 7-8 fights with bringing a waste of a slot thf. Where everyone else that actually listens and gets better at the game, runs difficult and gets an item every fight. hmmm I see your logic.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-05-28 11:28:39  
Theoretically, wouldn't the AA treasure pool work like any other BCNM, since the treasure pool is for the battlefield, not individual mobs? TH has no effect in BCNMs.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-05-28 11:38:21  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Theoretically, wouldn't the AA treasure pool work like any other BCNM, since the treasure pool is for the battlefield, not individual mobs? TH has no effect in BCNMs.

TH affects it, SE did a patch on it

not to mention that you get a chance of a 2nd slot if you do D or above... and even VD is pretty simple if you're sensible about your setup/DDs and plds are geared right.
By Chyula 2014-05-28 11:42:02  
Sieha1 said: »
So... let me get this straight. you suck so you do normal and get maybe 1 item every 7-8 fights with bringing a waste of a slot thf. Where everyone else that actually listens and gets better at the game, runs difficult and gets an item every fight. hmmm I see your logic.

I'm pretty sure 7/8 times does not mean 1/8 times.
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-05-28 12:14:45  
Can also bring a thf in VD