Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 153 154 155
By loldarkrone 2017-06-04 23:08:02  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Sylph.Ice said: »
Question, What are the Ideal Augments to aim for on Umaru?
Just picked up one of these and have atm augmented with Dmg+16, Acc+29, Att +7, Stp +2

Not really sure where to go with this and did not wana read 64 pages worth of chat to see If I can find some data.

I would assume: DMG+STR+ACC+ATK+DA/STP.

Not sure about da/stp/zanshin/pdt/etc
Id like to make it best I can wont be swapin out based on anything and was told it can be best non REMA but really wana know actual numbers needed to make it so "Make it so Number one"

If i'm not mistaken should be along the lines of: DMG +20, 15STR, ACC/ATK +20 (or more), DA +3/STP. Not exact numbers but along these lines. Could even be WSD% instead of DA/STP base on your overall STP for which #hit build you're aiming for.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-05 00:23:37  
loldarkrone said: »
Just picked up one of these and have atm augmented with Dmg+16, Acc+29, Att +7, Stp +2

Not really sure where to go with this and did not wana read 64 pages worth of chat to see If I can find some data.

Id like to make it best I can wont be swapin out based on anything and was told it can be best non REMA but really wana know actual numbers needed to make it so "Make it so Number one"

If i'm not mistaken should be along the lines of: DMG +20, 15STR, ACC/ATK +20 (or more), DA +3/STP. Not exact numbers but along these lines. Could even be WSD% instead of DA/STP base on your overall STP for which #hit build you're aiming for.

4 hit atm, not a well geard sam by any measure but with some decent augments I have enough stp to ws constantly but always looking to improve. Thanks for some numbers to go by even if they are not perfect they do help guide
 Bismarck.Norminator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2017-06-13 18:53:05  
Someone have some updated WS set ?
[+]
 Sylph.Jrpg
サーバ: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2017-06-15 01:51:19  
ItemSet 351899

STR+10 WS Dmg+5% Valorous augments with as much acc and atk as possible; STR+15 WS Dmg+4% is also a fair compromise. Disappointment Matter campaigns may get you up to WS Dmg+10% on a Valorous piece, but it's extremely rare. Personally I settled with STR+15 WS Dmg+4% augments after farming about a dozen stacks of Fern sacks with no decent WS Dmg+5% augment.

Karieyh+1 can replace one of the rings. STR+30 Acc/Atk20 WS Dmg+10% cape.
[+]
 Asura.Xenomorph
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-06-15 03:17:22  
Spot on Jrpg. For HQ sets, I've had a hard time deciding whether it's better to invest in disappointment matters for WS set or HQ su3 for TP set. By better I mean more dps for the cost. It's a big risk to take and every time I try to disagree with myself a Fudo whistles too loud and distracts my thoughts before I stop myself from buying a dark matter.

For the best Sam of course the answer is both, but it would be nice to take the better path first because it's gonna be a long trip.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-15 08:59:55  
loldarkrone said: »

4 hit atm, not a well geard sam by any measure but with some decent augments I have enough stp to ws constantly but always looking to improve. Thanks for some numbers to go by even if they are not perfect they do help guide

If it helps, my Umaru currently has DMG+28, STR+11, ACC+9, ATT+29, DA+2. I forfeited a few of them that had str+15/20, and high acc, because the damage was lower. With these augments, its a 290 DMG. GKT, which still isn't close to REMA by any means, but it's reasonable. Have seen DMG+29, but not +30 in over 600 stones, so its probably capped at 29. Have also not seen any accuracy/attackk above 29, and no +STAT above 20 (with taupe).

Because the DA+1~3 augment is so inconsequential at this stage in the game, I'd really just focus on WSD+3~4, High DMG (around 24+ is reasonable), Good STR (+10~20 is probably good), and a decent spread on ACC/ATT (15~29 each).

Good luck with those, I've been pulling my hair out trying to get a 1% increase in one stat, only to lose 5% in another.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-15 16:19:54  
Asura.Xenomorph said: »
Spot on Jrpg. For HQ sets, I've had a hard time deciding whether it's better to invest in disappointment matters for WS set or HQ su3 for TP set. By better I mean more dps for the cost. It's a big risk to take and every time I try to disagree with myself a Fudo whistles too loud and distracts my thoughts before I stop myself from buying a dark matter.

For the best Sam of course the answer is both, but it would be nice to take the better path first because it's gonna be a long trip.

One thing to keep in mind, a QA valo is still BiS on feet, so maybe start there? That way you have a few more options on DM augs. DM will stay the price it is, su3 will keep dropping, so thats something to keep in mind too.
[+]
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-06-15 16:48:58  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
Asura.Xenomorph said: »

One thing to keep in mind, a QA valo is still BiS on feet, so maybe start there? That way you have a few more options on DM augs. DM will stay the price it is, su3 will keep dropping, so thats something to keep in mind too.

Good point about the prices. I have seen QA way more than WSD on DM augs (let alone WSD 6+) so I'd say you're right about that too. QA valorous feet is a solid starting point for the DM path.
By Taint 2017-06-15 17:25:33  
Sylph.Jrpg said: »
ItemSet 351899

STR+10 WS Dmg+5% Valorous augments with as much acc and atk as possible; STR+15 WS Dmg+4% is also a fair compromise. Disappointment Matter campaigns may get you up to WS Dmg+10% on a Valorous piece, but it's extremely rare. Personally I settled with STR+15 WS Dmg+4% augments after farming about a dozen stacks of Fern sacks with no decent WS Dmg+5% augment.

Karieyh+1 can replace one of the rings. STR+30 Acc/Atk20 WS Dmg+10% cape.

Use this set for Shoha as well? I haven't played SAM in about 4 years, but I recall using windbuffet and mala back then for Shoha.
[+]
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-06-15 19:09:08  
WSD has less impact on Shoha than Fudo so a STR +15 WSD +4 taupe augment will compare better with a STR+10 WSD +5 fern augment than it does for Fudo. For the other slots the posted set for Fudo is what to go for.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-16 11:57:01  
Anyone have an updated spreadsheet?
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-06-17 00:49:06  
I don't bother updating the spreadsheet if all that changes is new gear. Any updating needed aside from gear? FFXI been in the back of my mind lately, so I don't remember if there were any job updates in the past few months.
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2017-06-17 05:50:59  
You've previously pretty much covered everything. nothing new / note worthy has been added. Typically ppl are just too lazy to /search or they just overlook the sets because they dont realize they havent changed lol.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-17 07:41:12  
I'm not talking about sets within this guide, I'm talking about the spreadsheet that doesn't have Utu grip and various other gear on it. Thanks for the help though.
 Lakshmi.Miang
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2017-06-17 08:22:27  
I updated the spreadsheet myself the other day with most of the sets I could think of that were relevant at the moment. I've not looked at sam in a long time so I'm sorry if something is missing. I added in Utu grips DEX WS mod calculation, and the Hasso bonus on Wakido +2/+3 hands too. I adjusted the ftp on Fudo, I don't think I bothered checking if the other WS needed updating too.
DPS Spreadsheet - SAM
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-17 09:16:11  
Thank you!
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2017-06-17 10:03:21  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Very minor update, but I haven't thought of anything else to add over the past couple months so might as well.

- Added a Fortitude Blessing toggle
- Nulled the Riceball Bonus due to finding the bonus doesn't remain upon unequipping Riceball gear. Kept the formula in there in hopes it gets adjusted in the future (doubt it)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A5ctepj3VfC-rUh1adXzz_OGoLYzx54UZuN93iN1Qrk/edit?usp=sharing

Waiting until new values for Bard songs are found after the next update before adding Honor March.

On page 61, only a few pages back. First page link has been updated.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-17 13:06:45  
Lakshmi.Miang said: »
I added in Utu grips DEX WS mod calculation
Christmas SAM Spreadsheet Update[/url]
Added:
- Utu Grip DEX bonus functionality
I'm confused now.
 Lakshmi.Miang
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2017-06-17 13:30:10  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
I added in Utu grips DEX WS mod calculation
Christmas SAM Spreadsheet Update[/url]
Added:
- Utu Grip DEX bonus functionality
I'm confused now.

I didn't realise Llewelyn had been maintaining a sheet, so I made changes last week to the base spreadsheet (from like 2013). I wanted to see what was the best gear to use for my sam whilst I wait to win the QA + acc lottery.

Use Llewelyn's, it's got a lot more of the features from the past few years on it than mine, such has vorseals and riceballs.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-06-17 14:12:52  
riceballs.
After finding out the riceball bonus was only active while gear was being worn, I think I tried negate that toggle, but kept most of it in there in hopes of SE changing it to just needing to be worn upon use. Not sure if I actually did it, though.

But yeah, the sheet I've been maintaining has everything that I can think of, including the increase in maximum Zanhasso from gifts, Meditate Job Points, Smite, etc.. Only thing I haven't done that I probably should do is an update to the BRD songs, as I haven't touched them since Honor March and the BRD song buff update, but been lazy since songs are mostly just for haste/acc/att which you can replicate manually by toggling other buffs on and/or just manipulating the custom set bonus.
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2017-06-17 15:43:20  
Taint said: »
Sylph.Jrpg said: »
Use this set for Shoha as well? I haven't played SAM in about 4 years, but I recall using windbuffet and mala back then for Shoha.

Yeah, using the same set. Messing around with the spreadsheet though, it looks like Kendatsuba/Flamma+1 head may be a good alternative for Shoha if you don't have as optimal of Valorous augments.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-06-27 09:15:26  
I have a question about Sakonji Feet and Meikyo Shisui.

Do you generally use the Sakonji Sune-Ate for 1hr for the extra weaponskill or is it more productive to just use 1000 tp weaponskills with a better foot option? My current WS feet are Hizamaru Sune-Ate +1s

If you do use them, whats the best way with gearswap to force them on all the time? Can you take them off between weapon skills or does that remove the effect? (aka, do they have to remain on the whole time or only when weaponskilling?)

Edit:
I could also use some advice on my TP set at the moment. I got a TP Smertrios (DEX +20 acc/atk +20 STP +10) essentially at the same time that I got Ryuo Hakama (Path D) and now my TP set has +70 STP, but I only need +56 for a 4-hit. I have valorous hose with +30ish acc/atk and +8 dex. Do I swap Ryuo out for that or change my smertrios to +10 DA. Here is the set for reference.

ItemSet 352075
By Brynach 2017-06-27 10:00:08  
Code
sets.buff.Sekkanoki = {hands="Kasuga Kote +1"}
    sets.buff.Sengikori = {feet="Kasuga Sune-ate +1"}
    sets.MS_WS = {feet="Sakonji Sune-ate +1"}

Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if buffactive['Meikyo Shisui'] then 
            if sets.precast.WS[spell] then
                equipSet = sets.precast.WS[spell]
                equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,sets.MS_WS)
                equip(equipSet)
            else
                equipSet = sets.precast.WS
                equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,sets.MS_WS)
                equip(equipSet)
			end
		end
	if buffactive['Sekkanoki'] then 
                equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,sets.buff.Sekkanoki)
                equip(equipSet)
            else
                equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,sets.buff.Sekkanoki)
                equip(equipSet)
			end
		end
	if buffactive['Sengikori'] then
                equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,sets.buff.Sengikori)
                equip(equipSet)
            else
                equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,sets.buff.Sengikori)
                equip(equipSet)
			end
		end
	if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
		if (moonshade_WS:contains(spell.english) and (((player.tp<2900) and (player.equipment.main ~= 'Dojikiri Yasutsuna')) or (player.tp<2400))) then
			equip({ear2="Moonshade Earring"})
			end
		end
	if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then 
        if spell.target.distance > 5 then 
            cancel_spell()
            add_to_chat(8, 'Target to far away. Move closer')
            return
        end 
    end 
end

This will cover Meikyo Shisui, Sekkanoki and Sengakori. It also includes a moonshade earring rule, and a rule to keep tp if you ws from too far away. You will only use the gear while buff is active, or, in the case of Meikyo Shisui, swap to Sakonji Sune-Ate +1 when using a ws while MS is active.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-06-27 10:10:53  
Ok, that is more or less how I planned to do it. I don't use Mote gs so I've got my own way, but more or less the same.

I thought that I had to leave the Sakonji feet equipped for the duration of Meikyo Shisui and I hate doing gs disable because it spams the console log all over my screen.

Edit: also do you prioritize Sengikori over Meikyo Shisui for feet, since those gears overlap? Based on your script you do. Just wanted to make sure that was intentional.
By Brynach 2017-06-27 11:44:17  
My script is a work in progress, and, while I don't typically use sengikori while MS is active, if I were using it, it would be on the final ws and thus the final sc which makes sense for the extra damage. Otherwise, I see your point in that it would throw off my tp ratio. I also try to maximize MS by popping meditate so that I can keep firing them off.
By sirel 2017-07-11 18:47:04  
Based on absolute best possible gear setup, which has the best total damage output/potential? Masamune or aeonic?
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-07-11 19:36:00  
sirel said: »
Based on absolute best possible gear setup, which has the best total damage output/potential? Masamune or aeonic?

Masa for Fudo spam. Aeonic best competes with masa when doing higher step solo skillchains.
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-13 11:19:51  
Curious if this is just me. So I tend to solo a lot and I am not overly impressed with my Fudo damage. Its seems very inconsistent. When in Reisenjima killing toad/hogs/wasps I will hit for 5k - 15k. Its pretty much all over the board. 1k tp is 5k-10k, 2k tp is like 5k -11k, and full 3k tp is 7k -15k. I guess I am more used to CDC consistency as well as my reso/torc/cata/cross reaper numbers which are usually within 1-2k of the normal average.

I am still working on my WS set so I know that has a lot to do with it. But maybe I am missing something. Here is what I have currently. My Valorous pieces are both 5% wsd but not good stats otherwise. My Acro is 3% plus acc/atk. I dont have my JSE wsd back done yet either. I can get much more consistent with Berserk/Warcry/Aggressor/Ghor Bard/Geo support. I am not always in the mood to dual or tri box. I guess I just wanna hear where everyone else is at so I know what to expect once I get my set to a higher tier.
edit - Masa is 119 not AG yet.

ItemSet 352334
By Brynach 2017-07-13 11:24:15  
What level is this gkt? Is it 119-3? What is your trust setup when soloing?
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 153 154 155