Some BLM Questions.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Classes » Thaumaturge » Some BLM questions.
Some BLM questions.
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXIV
user: teack
By Teack Jorlin 2014-02-19 18:56:18  
I'm pretty new to this game, and I got my BLM to 50 not long ago.

What stats is the most important for BLM (besides int)? Should I meld towards crit, det or spell speed? What is the ACC I need to reach for endgame?

Does flare has any use? I've been using Fire II in AoE situations.

The only cross class ability I'm using is Raging Strikes, the others doesn't seem worth it, since I'm not planning on leveling archer and arcanist (yet at least).

I don't seem to be able to meld int materia on any gear, not even the +1 materia. That seems kind of odd to me.

Thankful if anyone could give me some pointers. I'll mostlikely come back with more questions at a later point as well.
サーバ: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-02-19 19:36:06  
To answer some,

I and most I know go for Crit after INT.

Some BLM use Flare in their normal rotation. Something like Thunder 2 > Fire 3 > Fire spam until low MP throwing in procs (Thunder 3 for Thundercloud) > Flare > Convert > Quickcast > Flare > Transpose. Can be used similarly in a AoE rotation.

Virus used to be great before they added with 60 sec resistance but now I kinda just toss it out if others don't on bosses. Also Quelling Strikes is great for bursting hard at the opening of a fight to take some pressure off your tanks, especially PUG tanks who may be lesser geared than you.

INT Materia caps out on most crafted gear for BLM usually allowing for Crit, Determination and ACC melding. http://xivdb.com/ is a good site to look up crafted gear. If you check the comments people usually post the materia caps so you dont waste time/money buying.

I play PLD in endgame so I don't know the ACC needed for it. Google search should give you a basic idea though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-02-19 19:56:40  
Flare in a normal rotation leads to a dps loss since you're sitting around waiting for MP regen after Transpose. Ideally, you'd only want to use Flare if Convert is up (Fire or Fire2 rotation->Flare->Convert->Fire->Blizzard3; in aoe heavy situations, another Fire2->Flare can be substituted for that last Fire), but for large aoe damage or scenarios where quick Burst is needed, Flare->Transpose might be preferred.

Definitely get Quelling Strikes.

General rule for caster accuracy is 435 to cap up to Turn 4. I believe the requirement is slightly higher for Turn 5, but I'm not sure of the exact number. Less accuracy is required for Ex Primals, but with the average mix of i70-i90 gear you shouldn't be missing on those.
[+]
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-02-19 20:06:16  
Ya I personally don't use Flare in my normal rotation because I was often messing up the order of things and either vert would be down or I would transpose at the wrong time. I just decided not to use it in my single target rotation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Splinters 2014-02-20 04:36:28  
All my points have gone into INT and my materia is Crit focused. I also eat HQ Deviled Eggs for the extra crit, vitality and some extra accuracy.

Pleebo and Ravant gave you some great information so my recommendation to you would be to level up archer and arcanist up to get access to Quelling Strikes and Eye for an Eye. While neither of these abilities are game changers both can make a difference during during an intense run.
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-02-20 05:27:01  
Splinters said: »
Eye for an Eye.

Interesting. I didn't even know BLM got Eye for and Eye. I'll have to add that in.
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: teack
By Teack Jorlin 2014-02-20 09:07:41  
Thanks for the answers all. I've got crafted weapon, rings, neck & belt. The rest is philo/myth gear. Seems a bit odd that they don't let you meld philo/myth gear.