HQ Bosses Spawn Conditions

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » HQ bosses spawn conditions
HQ bosses spawn conditions
By ultraz 2014-03-06 01:35:19  
for farming alex from HQ bosses purposes only: does anyone know the if I can just pop the NQ bosses and zone to next floor to spawn the HQ bosses? or would I have to kill NQ first to spawn HQ? I saw some info on wiki/BG some notes states to have NQ spawned to pop HQ but doesnt say it has to be killed. Also would TH help with drop rates on armors(Idi's feet)? Been killing Hydras for a week now 0/8 on Idi's feet... wondering if TH will help drop rate/slots. Thanks!
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-03-06 01:36:58  
Just need to spawn the NQ, don't have to kill it.
By ultraz 2014-03-06 01:45:14  
thats great news! :D I found it taking longer to kill NQ Khim than the HQ boss on bst solo, not that I have problems killing it but I just want to save time and go for the HQ only. Thanks for the reply ^^
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-06 04:02:54  
Id kill the NQ anyway for the chance at a another linen.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-03-06 05:04:26  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »

Yes the NQ boss can drop Linen. It's around 10%, but always worth it to get 2 Linens in a single run.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-06 05:22:00  
Siren.Novadragon said: »

Yes the NQ boss can drop Linen. It's around 10%, but always worth it to get 2 Linens in a single run.

I would call 10% droprate overly generous after doing salvage II for many months. Its much closer to 6-8% like XIDB lists.
Hitting a bad streak of 3 weeks before you see an NQ linen just makes you hate the NQ boss even more.

I still kill the NQs, but over the long run with that kind of drop rate on NQ linens its roughly + ~7 alex per run if you always kill the NQ for all your runs.
 Siren.Novadragon
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-03-06 05:31:23  
Friend has been getting tons of them (NQ Linen). I wouldn't say it's super low for my side anyway.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-06 06:28:12  
Yeah about half the runs I did I got a double linen drop.
By ultraz 2014-03-06 11:16:24  
O.o double linen half the time? I've been doing this for a month and never saw a linen from NQ. Perhaps my luck has run dry..since forever anyway lol, thats why I was thinking just skipping it. Did you have TH on the runs?
By Spiraboo 2014-03-06 11:22:28  
http://ffxidb.com/items/5736

It's probably safe to say the drop rate is 10-12%

I always go with a THF and TH procs at least once usually (i.e. TH8 at least). And i've only ever seen a linen purse once on NQ boss out of about 15 runs

They are either exaggerating or very lucky.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-06 11:31:13  
Had TH2 that was out of enough runs for 50 Ares plans from AR2 so 10 runs. I did have double linen drops 3 times in a row and another 2 scattered in the rest. Dont have SS so if you want to believe me or not thats up to you though my luck with HMPs when they were the thing to farm I got about 7 pouches total and I did a lot of qilin and uptala.

Since when did HQ bosses drop 2 linen?
By Spiraboo 2014-03-06 11:43:01  
Had TH2 that was out of enough runs for 50 Ares plans from AR2 so 10 runs. I did have double linen drops 3 times in a row and another 2 scattered in the rest. Dont have SS so if you want to believe me or not thats up to you though my luck with HMPs when they were the thing to farm I got about 7 pouches total and I did a lot of qilin and uptala.

Since when did HQ bosses drop 2 linen?

Not saying it's impossible, i'm just saying you're lucky.

Statistically it's possible to get double linen every run, statistically it is possible to win the jackpot of the lottery too.

But it's safe to say that looking at data with ~10000 samples(i.e. ffxidb) for each NQ will give the OP who's wondering whether it is worth it, a better accessment of whether killing the NQ is worth their time than some guy who went to do 10 salvage runs and got lucky.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-06 11:52:50  
Well I was just adding my input from my experience and according to FFXIDB all the HQs can drop 2 linen has this always been a possiblity? Everywhere ive looked its 1 linen no slots for another.
 Sylph.Talon
サーバ: Sylph
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2014-03-06 11:55:59  
You misread that Alazrin. NQ has a 10% chance of dropping linen and HQ has 100%. They said that its worth killing NQ for a 10% chance at an additional linen.
By Spiraboo 2014-03-06 12:00:32  
Well I was just adding my input from my experience and according to FFXIDB all the HQs can drop 2 linen has this always been a possiblity?

AFAIK, no, but considering the percentages are small it is probably error such as double packet was sent/received to the server or something (no idea how the protocol/msgs are communicated, just an educated guess).

Which means that it likely that the probability of dropping linen on NQ is actually slightly smaller, due to the possibility of this kind of error happening for the NQs too.

It's obviously not perfectly accurate, but it is probably a lot better indication than an evaluation with 10 samples.

Anyone who studied statistics at an amateur level would know that the more data you gather, the more reliable your conclusion is. Just because you roll a dice 10 times and you got a 6 10 times it doesn't mean the probability of rolling a 6 is 1. (unless it's loaded, or all sides are 6 :P )

All I'm trying to point out is that looking at the data in ffxidb is likely to be a lot more reliable than a smaller sample (i.e. our experiences separately)
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-06 12:07:45  
Sylph.Talon said: »
You misread that Alazrin. NQ has a 10% chance of dropping linen and HQ has 100%. They said that its worth killing NQ for a 10% chance at an additional linen.

No I havent miss read you just havent understood fully what im talking about. HQ boss only: 12017 out of 11176 107.5% drop rate, 102.0%, 101.0%, 100.5% and 2 have dropped off buggsey in mineshaft 2716.

Yes spira I know 11176 runs is better than the 10 runs I did last month but the RNG is always a massive factor for everyone. Anyway if the extra drop isnt worth the 3mins it takes to kill the NQ then dont.
By Spiraboo 2014-03-06 12:15:30  
Yes spira I know 11176 runs is better than the 10 runs I did last month but the RNG is always a massive factor for everyone. Anyway if the extra drop isnt worth the 3mins it takes to kill the NQ then dont.

No. You're not making any sense lol.

Random number generator doesn't let you sway from the suggestion that the drop rate is ~12%.

Random number generator and the function that depicts whether you get the drop is exactly what is creating the probability. Just because you got lucky with the number it generated doesn't mean the probability changes lol.

It's no difference to rolling a dice and say "if you roll 1 you will win", just because you manage to roll 1 5 times out of 10 it doesn't mean the probablity of winning is 50% ^^ In fact RNG is effectively the process of rolling a dice (apart from the amount of numbers it can generate is probably more than 6 )

(btw the mineshaft % is probably from the event where they were making all the BCNMs drop extra stuff)
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-06 12:35:02  
Yeah im probably not wording what i mean very well fot headache and been at work all day. Im not saying it isnt a ~12% drop rate i have never tried but luck with the RNG means you could get one every run or like me with those 10 runs or none at all.